Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (38879 Views)

Whatโ€™s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by HoneySwag(f): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
Well I'm not married but I believe so much in communication during courtship, it'll definitely help in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by MeaslesMumpsRub: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage guarantees one access to good and Godly knacking.

8 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Karlifate: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Manuelson665:
Omo , I'm not married o but wetin my eye don see for married people matter in this my twenties eehnn., I don't think I'll enter into that contract

As per Construction Company wey you be.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by deltateam: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
No
Bridget95:
You will realise that marriage is more of a task to provide for your family than knacking

Some women use knacking as reward for good behavior and provision by husband.

How's that different from olosho?

24 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by omoredia: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Hehe just be a good person cos ur partner may just become the worst person u can ever think of but if u are generally good and tolerant of people u will find a way to manage the situation

4 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Pusyiter(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage just like love, is beautiful
You learn how to be selfless and responsible
You learn how to tolerate and entertain mess and shit
It gives you the heart to forgive like a fool
I now see wetin God dey suffer for our hand like marriage.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ATEAMS: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
2 things..

Every woman's gift is conditional and sentimental

Beauty is useless compare to character/ mindset/believe/behavior

13 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gabmanuel(m): 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

NB: There can be 1% exception.

16 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by AWONEYAN(m): 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
It's an institution you keep learning every time.

Agreeing to woman's argument is like reading a soft licence at times you click yes not because you have read it all.

Not everything a woman says she meant. Most especially when she is angry.... never take those words serious

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Run o!
Run oo!
Run ooo!
How many times I type Run?
E get why, unless you want make your face be like these twins one year after the wedding!!!!!
I don talk my own!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Westernlove: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Absuchat:
grin
U will realize that you've been scammed, cos believe it or not, your partner won't show you all her/his bad habits during courtship.... Wait until after wedding

Infact the whole arrangement of๐Ÿ‘‡

Bringing Two Homosapiens Who Have 100% Different Traits Together By Force. I Mean They Are Opposite Of Each Other. Yet the scamming society expect such thing to be blissful and peaceful always lol.

I have Never seen the Lower Animals getting married lol๐Ÿ˜‚

I just don't buy the Whole shiiit of Idea. Human Beings are the only ones solely Scamming themselves out of all the things our Creators created.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Etosha: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is like a besieged city, those inside wants to come out while those outside wants to go in...

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by tunjijones(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
As a man 95 percent of your money will go into managing the family. The remaining 5 percent is to flex, give friends and relative, donate in church if you are a Christian,buy cloths and shoes for yourself and other miscellaneous.

If you have money as a single, buy land and start building your house except you are from a super rich family.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by occfx: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Enskynelson:
Some singles think they will just be knacking like say na food. Give yourself some time, na you go tire. Even sometimes, family wahala no go allow u get 'election' ๐Ÿ˜†

No matter how many years the dating lasted, you will still be learning new things about your partner every now and then.๐Ÿ˜†

You fit dey 2wks like this you never knak... Unless alert enter your phone

14 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is not calculated but experienced.....
Is not rocket science but a deep sense of belonging among the couple.

But as a married man, please always try to be close to your God......e get why!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by favour32(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
As a man,
you have to always fulfill the endless billings and God help you, if you don't have a help mate.

Females define love,as the propensity of the available males to fulfill endless billings.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by luminouz(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Don't scare us what is happening in your home might be differ.
Yen yen yen ..

Shey I haven't told you not to put your mouth for NL ni?

Hope my lunch is ready? I want pounded yam and egusi soup

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by chima47(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
As a single person, people will always ask you when will you settle down, meaning when will you marry. Don't be deceived, marriage has unsettled many who were settled singles.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Calitoscassius(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
No one is in the position to lecture anyone about marriage, when you get married you find out, different people has different preferences in their marriages, what one person is looking for in their marriage may not be what another is looking for

6 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Emmaomotob(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death
This is a typical woman, always gaslighting men. Who wants to lose power? There is no power without leverage. Women's leverage is food and sex. And food is a more potent source of power. Only a well fed man thinks about sex. Tell me, do you want to loose your leverage? People like this old woman will never teach their sons how to cook in order to keep them dependent on women for their daily bread (literally!). A strong man is an independent man. A woman that loves her son would teach him how to cook and live without a nagging liability.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Fiscus105(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

A" is not always true....... though ur friend ended up in the hand of his enermy called wive.

80% of homes today are jointly sponsored by husband and wife.

I will advise u to go out and do unbias findings and not ugly experiences from ur close ffriend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by chima47(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:
Marriage is propaganda. They only show us smiling pictures. They never show us the deteriorating looks of their wives, and the increasing yearly bills she and her kids (whose paternity is always in doubt) continue to incur. There is nothing more unfortunate than to be a married man. You end up paying more for a product (woman) that keeps deteriorating every year. Woman is the biggest tax men pay.
heeeeeeeeeeeey

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Faber(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
When married so think they have arrived at their destination...but they don't know the journey just began...

Journey of suffering, sorrows, emotional torture... especially for broke men.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Hassanmaye(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......
Oh my God
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by emerged01(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
If you are not married know that the discipline of children lies in the hands of both parents,reject ,"I will tell your dad" because it is a trap to set you up against your children. As your wife shows motherly love to them, by all means show fatherly love. You may not have the time to be close to them but let them be able to tell their friends,"my dad bought it for me". Show your love through gifts. Children like gifts.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by NwaliE01: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marrying your best friend is one of the worst pieces of advice.
Read it again.
It doesn't work like that. I have seen best friends that divorced.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by occfx: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

Na money dey cause most problems...

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Myer(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

I think you mean both?
Cos time and chance happen to all marriages too.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by holacorp(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
Bridget95:
You will realise that marriage is more of a task to provide for your family than knacking

And when you start having kids, as a man, watch how you go down the list of priority like a newly relegated football club.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by eleniyan2020: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death
like you can buy food from a restaurant or food vendor?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Halimat Abdulrasheed: Missing Kaduna Teenage Girl (Photos) / Adebiyi Muiz Celebrates Susan Smith, His Elderly Oyinbo Wife / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.