Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (38906 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gentlegenius(m): 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Manuelson665:
Omo , I'm not married o but wetin my eye don see for married people matter in this my twenties eehnn., I don't think I'll enter into that contract
You'll enter... But with a different mindset.
You must not believe marriage is for better, for worse... Till death do you part. That bullshit is not found anywhere in the bible. Let your spouse know that the marriage will only last as long as she want... Meaning: She must behave well to keep the marriage going. You mustn't tolerate too much rubbish because of the stupid believe that marriage must last forever.
Even the bible encourage divorce... Read Deuteronomy 24: 1.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Basicend: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
Beolly:

You get luck

Which kind luck?

The dude is talking about girl friend when this thread is discussing marriage.

Haven't u read therein that behaviors are often hidden until they cross over? Check many comments here na. . So which luck are you talking about. . She is still a strange woman as far as am concerned. And even if she has good seeds within her currently, the winds of marriage and life can modify it negatively.

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by seguno2: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
i believe we were faring before we got married undecided

Unlike the men, who you believe were not faring WELL before we got married
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:
This is a typical woman, always gaslighting men. Who wants to lose power? There is no power without leverage. Women's leverage is food and sex. And food is a more potent source of power. Only a well fed man thinks about sex. Tell me, do you want to loose your leverage? People like this old woman will never teach their sons how to cook in order to keep them dependent on women for their daily bread (literally!). A strong man is an independent man. A woman that loves her son would teach him how to cook and live without a nagging liability.
this issue is very funny because it actually does you more good to learn yourself, reminds me of what happened in my compound, very late, this man's wife is still out, he knocked on my door to come and help him cook for his children.. How did that sound to you? Man can live without sex but can't live without food ,any man who is solely dependent on his wife for food go hear am someday
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Isaacpyo04(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
Wives deny their husband sex a lot.
If your wife has a lower sex drive than you, I'm sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gassbee: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Try and marry a woman that wil be willing to support you when u r down financially

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by occfx: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
Beolly:

Haa, are you serious?? shocked

At a point you won't get erectionnn unless money enter
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by michaelwilli(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

Take cold heinken for this comment
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by fyzaila: 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Marriage was created solely for procreation. Love is just an integral part of marriage. The original plan was a virgin man marry a virgin female and they have offsprings.

But since love has been forced to be the foundation, marriage died because emotions fluctuate. There is no longer sense of commitment.

/

True!

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Snowx: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Looking back at how my dad and mom of blessed memory fared in marriage,one major lesson I learned was that:"He who finds a good wife has got a direct blessing from heaven"

I have faith that I will find s good wife irrespective of tribe..I choose Amen
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by We4all: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year

Come back and tell us the same thing after 2 years of marriage. She is just pretending and will show her true colors after marriage.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by alllivesmatter(m): 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nice Thread. 34 and I don't even have a girlfriend. Let alone a fiancee.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Babaibeji2020(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Enskynelson:
Some singles think they will just be knacking like say na food. Give yourself some time, na you go tire. Even sometimes, family wahala no go allow u get 'election' πŸ˜†

No matter how many years the dating lasted, you will still be learning new things about your partner every now and then.πŸ˜†
Omg......ELECTION 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
We need to retrieve most of the skool fees paid on ya head,e nor work @allllll✌πŸ€ͺ
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Votukpa(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

What does a man really stand to benefit then. It's as if he is better off being single
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Babaibeji2020(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
[b][/b]
BigBlackPreek:
Mainly mumu men dey marry sha πŸ˜‚
That your Hansome fada married your beautiful mum to give birth to a complete retard like you still baffles the global community. That your papa married means he's what according to your stewpid statement,a mumu abi.....? Lovely mum ought to have aborted you when we advised her to do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by isabi2lof: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
No matter what , I will still marry right and enjoy my marriage cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Mondosadex: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
No advice can make you understand marriage better until you carry your own palava and started nursing it. I just pray you carry the one you can manage that will not lead to your untimely death. Marriage is an institution that you will never graduate, just study your partner, tolerate, understand and most of it all put everything in the hand of God to be your driver.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by bjdon: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
gabmanuel:
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

5... As a man, be ready to spend and double your hustle because you must provide ooo, whether nah Tinubu or Obi wey be president.

6... Be ready to always tolerate and forgive, never allow any issue with your spouse to cross 24hrs, irrespective of who was wrong, peace is paramount.

7... You will be considered lucky if the both of you are ready to learn, relearn and take corrections , because in marriage, you will keep seeing new things from both parties.

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.

Number 4 is VERY important, it'sCRITICAL if you are a Nigerin man abroad. You MUST have some funds that only you are aware of. Sadly it's the way it is theses days

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sirchiboy:
.. How far. You still dey PH?
bosssss I still dey PH nau
will round up NYSC January 25
where are you??
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by bukatyne(f): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
Akalia:
As a yet to be married man, just know that women are generally all the same in that they frown at spending their own money even for the good of the family. The man's money is for all but her money is only for her.

Women are generally manipulative , they would do whatever they can to have a hold on you.

Love and support your wife as your capacity can carry but don't go out of your way to please her.

Put your kids before your wife because they are your true blood, your wife isn't.

My 1cent from the standpoint of a married man.

But when you need serious support tomorrow, you would leave everyone who is your 'true blood' and demand unwavering support from your wife who isn't your 'true blood'. I don't know if this is ment or malaria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

Well after almost 20yrs together with my sweetheart (relationship + marriage), I have learnt that your marriage is what you make of it.

And this starts from the very foundation.

5 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ucheuzor1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Looking back at how my dad and mom of blessed memory fared in marriage,one major lesson I learned was that:"He who finds a good wife has got a direct blessing from heaven"

Trust me, it wasn't all that rosy when they started. Matured couples will understand each others weaknesses and adapt to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Votukpa(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Enddy50ty:
There are no laid down rules for a successful marriage.
Just marry your best friend, someone you can go the extra mile for, someone you can confide in, someone whom you can tolerate his or her bullsh*t.

You are wrong.

This is the reason why people keep their brains outside of the decision process behind getting married.

Listen.

Marriage is man and woman cooperating to create things. Period. This cooperation is like a business partnership in which each party provides a form of value that COMPLEMENTS the partners own. This combination will usually yield a level of profit, over an above the initial combined volume that produced it. Specifically, sperm on it's own cannot create a child and a woman's eggs neither. However, the combination of the two creates a child. A whole new human being.

This is more than just an outcome of marriage. It's the principle of marriage. PROFIT by COOPERATION. Every marriage should be PRODUCTIVE by principle and there are many things in the world to be productive in, not just child bearing. It is profit that encourages business going concern. Similarly, it's the cooperative fruitfulness (in various dimensions) of marriage that encourages the willing commitment of both genders to remain in the marriage. There are many couples out there without the fruit of the womb who are collectively productive in other areas and are happily married.

If productiveness by cooperation is the goal of marriage, why do people refuse to approach the selection on their spouses without this awareness? Why do most people focus on irrelevant things when deciding whom to partner with? I know very smart people who made unintelligent choices for a spouse. Why would a smart business person refuse to be entrepreneurial in his or her approach to marriage but make the most profitable business decisions?

We've been lied to.

There is an onslaught against the marriage principle and the god of this world is behind this. He conveniently took this Godly principle and turned it into an institution that is incompatible with the human spirit. This is why most people on this thread feel the same way about marriage and what it holds for people who dare to get into it, especially for men.

Men should be educated and taught about why
and how to take on a wife. Bearing in mind that women will be choosing them.

1. Men should look for women who complement their vision. This is because, between the two, he is equiped with the innate resources to provide logic, leadership and trajectory for the marriage. Most men simply are not aware that they are to lead the courting process with their vision and not their social status or bank accounts. A female with a knack for administration is more likely to buy into the vision of visionary entrepreneur or leader and be inspired by marrying him than she would for administrator at heart like her. This should go without saying but it hardly goes.

2. Most women today are hyper masculine. They want to be the leaders and visionaries in the marriage. They want to advance their own agendas in the marriage as opposed to seeking for a man with a vision that inspires them to engage him with value that COMPLEMENTS his vision. She would rather present sexual value, (going for the low hanging fruit of cheap attraction) than actually putting in the work to be actually valuable to the man of her dreams.

Emotions should mostly be temporarily retired while choosing a spouse. I'm more likely to tolerate and happily provide everything for a woman who's priority is my wellbeing and growth than one who isn't mindful and focused on the marriage principle of creating value by working with me. Even if she's my best friend.

This is how to apply logic to business partnership or marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by millionboi2: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year
do fast don't waste time
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ehisunny: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Read this article to learn how to download your best YouTube videos to your phone gallery.

https://ay.live/aoO0WO
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ben4ever(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Isaacpyo04:
Wives deny their husband sex a lot.
If your wife has a lower sex drive than you, I'm sorry.

I will put aphrodisiac in her meal, when i really need it
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Graficient: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
Most of you should just keep quiet. Attend seminars, get books about marriage and relationship, read and learn now and stop buying some of these nonsense.
Build your finances and have specific life goals before you look for a partner that you are not only physically compatible with but you two can align your goals and work together as a team.
Build capacity, learn about the fear of God, learn understanding, tolerance, patience, how to love and respect. Don't jump into marriage thinking you will be able to learn everyday without the basic foundations. You might just crash before you start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sirchiboy: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
bosssss I still dey PH nau

will round up NYSC January 25

where are you??

You later see big mama
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Exceed15: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
The homely, submissive and good character girl will turn tiger when she enter.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
yes ooo I see one for Victoria Street at Lagos bustop

She be 48,fair with big yansh, she be TIV, she likes

The corner wey I sit down quietly nai she meet me

She said "fine boy come make I go fvck you"

As we enter she pull her bumshot as she see my preek, she say haaaaa this your preek big pass old papa them own ooooo πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I nack her like 15 minutes, she close eyes dey moan softly dey rub my nipples πŸ˜‚
Sirchiboy:

You later see big mama
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sirchiboy: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

As we enter she pull her bumshot as she see my preek, she say haaaaa this your preek big pass old papa them own ooooo πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I nack her like 15 minutes, she close eyes dey moan softly dey rub my nipples πŸ˜‚
You no see for ph again
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sirchiboy: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:

For ph or lagos state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did / Immigration Officer’s Wife Battered For Shunning Love Advances / Housewife Destroys Flat Screen Television Over Issues With Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.