Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (38936 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Myer(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
lioke:
God blessed me with a very good and supportive wife. Not all marriages are troubled

Even so be prepared for the worst and you may be lucky to get your expected best.

Guess it was modified. He was praying for a trouble-free wife/marriage earlier.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Olichoke: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
I got married in 2019 and I'm happy with my wife and the two lovely daughters God gave us.

I never knew marriage is not about having sex.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gabicon: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

Point A is an immature perspective on marriage, marriage should be run as the institution it is. A strong instruction has a budget, strong institutions don't spend haphazardly or indiscriminately, there is always a plan. The cash available is the cash budgeted, it's ok for individual spouses to have personal allowance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Beolly(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
occfx:

You fit dey 2wks like this you never knak... Unless alert enter your phone
Haa, are you serious?? shocked
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Olumaeme: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
In marriage, you will struggle to you d*e.
You will most likely not get what you put in unless you are the one not putting in any efforts.

Very draining.

I am trying to get out of one, when I do, u will never get married. Never.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Savedday2: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by eleniyan2020: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Etosha:
Marriage is like a besieged city, those inside wants to come out while those outside wants to go in...
I'm outside,never think of going into that shit!

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Dickson178(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
First child isn't owed by the husband. Mostly are owned by the ex . This i have seen!

7 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by bekpo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death

Iyanu, na u b dis? Ha, r u kidding me?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by samology2000: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is the only institution that you gained Admission but you will never graduate...

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Greenfaces: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
candyguyofficia:
Word on the street is that intimacy will tiya you and when responsibilities start hitting you left, right, front and back the only time you will remember you have D is when you want to pee and that this is when friendship with your spouse will survive the marriage and this is also when you realise that beauty is not everything.

Another word on the street is that 90% of marital problem are problems finance/money can solve and the problem(s) money can't solve more money will solve it. In marital calculation the remaining 10% preponderate the 90% but the 90% are the frequent cause of marital problems.

Another word on the street is that the first 5 to 6 years expecially first 2 years are the years in marriage that have the greatest trial/confrontation/issue it is then that you will likely realise that what you ordered was nor what was delivered to you. You start to see the other spouse true character and behaviour (I don't want to sound gender specific) but you will wonder if you both actually did courtship for 10 years and why you didn't see their true character.
Rich marriage does not have most of these issues. Its broke marriages that suffer like this

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Ade1177: 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by RepoMan007: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
The author of marriage is God. Know what His manual about marriage says and stop learning the rudiments of marriages in marriage. That is what crashed so many marriages.

8 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by A1kennedy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Orga is this not a lay down rule
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by dododawa1: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
Your wife must eat
But you
You can die of hunger
If you don't have sence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Allisgud: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2023
May GOD not allow woman who doesn't appreciate a man efforts to come our life

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by tfelicityk(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
You be entitled to your opinion and suggestions...

It is no applicable to all marriage. It is depends on how you nurture your relationship before the marriage.

I built my relationship on managing eachother first, understanding one another, communications became paramount and I give her attentions...

2. That instance of 5k and 3k becomes 13k as for me. I wondered about the used of 5k and 3k which yields results of 13k. Guess what, I do appreciate the mental and physical effort used by her...
My wife knows how to make do with stuffs and very meticulous... She distastes wastage. I will marry her again in my next life.

3. That is the secret... The IDAN

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by dododawa1: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Remove your mind from sex
Be successful first

5 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Westernlove: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
222Martins:
4.Expect see finish....You can be a powerful politician or a successful businessman outside your home. At home, you are just an ordinary man that walks around with his bare bumbum grin grin

The bolded Is the reason why God hid himself from everyone and everythinggrin

8 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by LeeSmart: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Don't scare us what is happening in your home might be differ.
Can i buy u dinner ma'am? because u just said my mind.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Henry22(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Between having a baby mama and getting married which is better?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Pravedk: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
gabmanuel:
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

5... As a man, be ready to spend and double your hustle because you must provide ooo, whether nah Tinubu or Obi wey be president.

6... Be ready to always tolerate and forgive, never allow any issue with your spouse to cross 24hrs, irrespective of who was wrong, peace is paramount.

7... You will be considered lucky if the both of you are ready to learn, relearn and take corrections , because in marriage, you will keep seeing new things from both parties.

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.

You seem like a true married man. Trying to engage someone in the next few months. Make wuna pray for us

5 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by hansomb: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
You must be acting like mumu even if you're not mumu. Seeking forgiveness whenever you err make the marriage long lasting

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by seguno2: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
Absuchat:
grin
U will realize that you've been scammed, cos believe it or not, your partner won't show you all her/his bad habits during courtship.... Wait until after wedding

Is this what they mean by:

Love is blind but marriage opens your eyes?

Why do we men allow women to lead us into this trap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by seguno2: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death

A woman who is not prepared to survive only with her own money, should wait for death

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by seguno2: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
efembaba:
nobody should come and feed us with anecdotes. Provide scientific evidence and data to back up your claims, otherwise what u say is just how u see it

So what percentage of your income is donated to research projects like this one that you are interested in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Lama70(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Looking back at how my dad and mom of blessed memory fared in marriage,one major lesson I learned was that:"He who finds a good wife has got a direct blessing from heaven"

Marriage of those days!!!
Things have changed.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Pronto64: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Different homes, different experiences. We learn every day. Just be flexible with your brains.

3 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by royalfly(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

Nonsense, this is a lie

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by JeffreyJunior: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
In courtship, a man will be begging to knack but in marriage, the same man will be begging not to knack.

Wahala dey. grin

6 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
And if u must cheat, never ever ever do it with her friend smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

62-Year-Old Mother Of 5 Weds 75-Year-Old Man In Delta State / Housewife Destroys Flat Screen Television Over Issues With Husband / 19 Year Old Man Marries Two Wives At A Time In Bauchi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.