Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I Find It Difficult To Sleep - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Find It Difficult To Sleep (34646 Views)

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) / Where Can I Find A Hospital With Neonatal Intensive Care Unit In Lagos? / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Ogakaycce(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Use weed leafs to cook jollof rice and beans..

And thank me later
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by papamodico: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2023
Do you always think at night?
DECENTBWOY:
Good morning nairalanders, I know its too early to post this but this issue has been troubling me for a while now.
I can't sleep, even if i eventually do, i can't stay asleep, for example if i sleep by 2am, i will wake up by 4am and thats it for that night.
It has been going on for months now, and i hardly sleep in the afternoon too..
If you observe when i made this post, I slept around 3am because today is my birthday, i was answering calls and chats from well wishers, now i am up again around 5, thats why i made this post, i am fed up...

Please can you guys suggest a very strong sleeping tablet for me? I really need to sleep and stay asleep, i mean lock everywhere up, eat, take the tablet and sleep a very deep sleep, a kind of sleep that i will not know what is happening around...

Please help a brother, i don even begin de slim like who them de squeeze blood commut for body....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUMBLE SELF BTW...
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Countersam(m): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
Good morning nairalanders, I know its too early to post this but this issue has been troubling me for a while now.
I can't sleep, even if i eventually do, i can't stay asleep, for example if i sleep by 2am, i will wake up by 4am and thats it for that night.
If you observe when i made this post, I slept around 3am because today is my birthday, i was answering calls and chats from well wishers, now i am up again around 5, thats why i made this post, i am fed up...

Please can you guys suggest a very strong sleeping tablet for me? I really need to sleep and stay asleep, i mean lock everywhere up, eat, take the tablet and sleep a very deep sleep, a kind of sleep that i will not know what is happening around...

Please help a brother, i don even begin de slim like who them de squeeze blood commut for body....

From personal experience, sleeping tablets will leave you with an addiction. Try other natural means first, especially for your feeding a Nd sleeping aspects.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by papamodico: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2023
Do you always think at night?
DECENTBWOY:

My broda remove the current situation in Nigeria away from your mind
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Gajagojo: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2023
Drone95:
which kind of damage is that? undecided and what is sleep nerve? Sleep is tied to hormone not nerves, which is melatonin. grin
Stop talking nonsense

Sleep is mediated by neurotransmitters. And even melatonin works through neurotransmitters on neuronal (NERVE) pathways
Melatonin is a tiny part of the sleep story which works at night

People do not only sleep at night
Do sleeping tablets work on MELATONIN?
Most do not
unless extraneous melatonin is taken directly and if the sleep difficulty has nothing to do with melatonin it won't work

Loss of tone in neuronal pathways or excessive tone can interfere with sleep so neurotransmitters like Serotonin, GABA come into play

If sleep is related to anxiety or depression as is often the case then neurotransmitters like serotonin are involved

And yes excessive use of sleeping medication can cause desensitization in that neuronal pathway e.g GABA when using benzodiazepines which is correctly described as nerve damage

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by GindoX(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2023
You really need to sleep and stay asleep? grin grin.. No use any drugs to fall asleep, its bad in the long run... Put off ya phone when you want to sleep, avoid noisy environment.. you need a silent place...

Stop drinking too and chew gum before going to sleepgrin
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by merits(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

Don't take alcohol, just take a work before bed time,and thank me later.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by lekonso: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2023
Your case is very simple. Prepare plenty of ugu leaves with good ingredients and good pouded yam or amala in the evening. Eat it very well satisfactorily with plenty efo ugu you prepared, you will sleep like a baby
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by TheCongo2: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

We are in the same boat bro.

I can't sleep too, my head hurts.
I've been taking specially made Canabis Cocktail to ease my sleeping nerves.

The cocktail will make me relax and close my eyes but the brain will still be running..

The only time I have good sleep nowadays is when I nack before bed, but how can a you nack everyday when problems are looking you in the face?!!

in my case, I think its my body reacting to the state of the Nation.
Buying Petrol @N700, opportunities shrinking, family demands, bills pilling, Salary remains the same, Toxic workplace , social security and all.

However, no matter how bad things get, the Equilibrium will shift.
Meaning, Joy is coming!

How is your workplace toxic if I may ask
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Kaido: 11:33am On Aug 05, 2023
Skyview01:
I listen to audio book every night to fall asleep with my Bluetooth earpiece. I find it hard to sleep without my audio book otherwise my mind will be busy and hard to fall asleep.
Where do you download them from?
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by ottalo: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

First of all if you can initiate sleep but can't stay at sleep. Them your Cass is simple. All you need is behavioral changes like changing your sleep routine or lifestyle. I have been battling with insomnia since 2015, which my doc said it a disorder not a disease. My own is acute I can't initiate sleep or fall asleep, my BP was constantly high and I was placed on sleep med and BP drugs. My advice is just change your lifestyle and watch what you eat and do before bed time.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Besuccesful: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2023
Please check your Blood pressure. High blood pressure might cause that. Trust me it’s very deadly if not monitored.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUMBLE SELF BTW...[/quote]
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
Some days Its been happening for months...

Try Listening to ASMR.

It will definitely put you to sleep, whenever you
use it.

According to research from 2015,
some people find experiencing ASMR helps relieve negative mood symptoms,
including feelings of depression or stress.
It also appears to help reduce chronic pain for some people.

Also ASMR may help get you and your brain into the right state for deep, healthy sleep by promoting relaxation and theta brainwaves.

Other benefits.
People who enjoy ASMR often report reduced anxiety, fewer headaches, lower blood pressure, and more.

Here is a thread below on all you need to know
about ASMR.

https://www.nairaland.com/7418204/what-need-know-asmr-autonomous#118140814
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by dododawa1: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2023
Over think
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by maridrug(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2023
Discipline yourself by staying away from your phone from 8 pm.
Drink warm water mixed with original honey at bedtime.
Grateful heart.
DECENTBWOY:

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by eallstar: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

Plug ur head phone and play deep sleep instrumental or deep sleep music. Relax ur mind u will surely fall asleep
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Evii: 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
charlesdinho:

i take the drug because i want to be able to eat well. since i stopped taking the drug, i do sleep well. so even when you stopped taking it, it will not have any negative effect on you. if you cant sleep at night, try go to the hospital to have your blood pressure checked. high blood pressure can cause inability to sleep at night

Thank you so much brotherly

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by denko(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2023
Just Take Bitterleaf Water the rest is history
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by purejustice36: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Who you kill?
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by wizkidblogger(f): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
be feeding on fruits esp banana before you go to bed
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by gud4vvvvv: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by gud4vvvvv: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Also limit using ur phone before bedtime according to ChatGPT it makes one to not fall asleep
DECENTBWOY:

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Moutine(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
I take sleeping pills every night.. D doctor said x antipsychotic, well. Anyhow.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by alfredilly: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
DECENTBWOY:

I'm talking from a place of experience as I suffered similar situation. In my case, it was abnormally longer as it span three years, 2020 -2023. My nightly sleep hardly exceed three hours regardless of when I went to bed. I experimented with sleep medication but they only help a little as my sleeplessness returns after few days. They also make things worse as my hours of sleep sometimes reduced. I was trying natural sleep techniques as advised but that doesn't stop me from waking up at 3 am without falling back. Sometimes I make up for the lost hours by staying up in bed till morning when the sun is up in the sky. But even at that, I can hardly get additional 1 hour

Things get to a head earlier this year when I started taking some doses of Diazepam, a sedative drug which isn't legal over the counter,meaning it's a prescription drug. Diazepam is a tranquilizers. It is known for inducing sleep.. I've taken it once in the past around year 2018. Then my neighbor, a student doctor advised that it should be used with caution and that it's not advisable for prolonged use as the body adjusts to it making it difficult to sleep naturally. In fact, The usage procedure during Diazepam medication is to take in no particular order, that is irregularly. In fact, it's often not prescribed as a treatment for sleeplessness. The student doctor advised me against using it while suggesting some soft drug like piritin alongside some helpful tips like warm birth at night

Now back to the story. Earlier this year, as the sleeplessness takes further tow on me with attendant memory issue and lost of concentration, I confined in another friend of mine who helped me out on how to get Diazepam. I started taking it but while adhering to the rules of shifting the days of medication irregularly, it seem to complicate the situation as my sleep hours continue to decline whenever I'm not on the drug. I had several night when I didn't sleep all through, Then it dawn on me I need to find a more advisable solutions.

SOLUTION CAME AT LAST: Earlier in 2022, I received a pack of Melatonin supplement from my elder brother in US. Melatonin is the hormone that regulates sleep, thereby maintaining the carcadian rhythm (sleep cycle). When the supply came, it was with the instructions that it should be used daily every night over some period of time. Melatonin isn't addictive but stored in the body to restore any hormonal deficiency that could result from sleeplessness. But then, I was hasty for a result and after about five days, and slight improvement, I stopped taking it and resorted to the numerous over the counter sleep pills such as feelfine and cyprigold, but they offered no permanent solution. Then after returning to Diazepam earlier this year's and it's implication,, I see my ability to get natural sleep fizzle away. I took a second look at the pack of Melatonin lying fallow on the shelf. Determine to find a lasting solution, I resolve to taking it with patience. After about three week of daily usage, my sleep habit improved. Before I got halfway into the medication, I was able to sleep normally. The habit of waking up at night disappeared. Now, I could go 5 hours straight without waking up. And most night, I get about 6-7 hours daily..

Another helpful tip that has been of immense benefit is maintaining calmness while on b d. It is scientifically proven that if you lie down without moving for 24 minutes, you are likely to fall asleep. So each time you are awake at night, and you are having difficulty falling back to sleep, avoid tossing and turning.

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by SmilingImabong: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
cool
Do sports or go for a long walk
After this nature will do it work you get so tired and exhausted then you fall to deep sleep
DECENTBWOY:
I just want to use it once to get myself back on track, not like i will be using it always...
I seriously need a deep deep sleep.. Please suggest a tablet mbok...
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Ofemmanu1: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
TheCongo2:

How is your workplace toxic if I may ask

I'm working with Dangote group, there's this new Hausa Manager that's got "entitlement mentally" he feels, the company belongs to his brother so, the staffers should be from Kano state.

Guy so toxic, he couldnt organize a meeting with us for two years now, he's always looking for a way to discredit us, he's dragged us to HR on many occasions.

Guy is rich but he's always appears like a rocking horse shitt,
He always envy good dressing or cologne esp my ;Versace, Nikes and Adidas's
He overworking the rest of us so we could resign too.

Mehn, the guy is always sad, no joy..
he doesn't smile, he just want non Kano staffers gone.

But I'ma tough guy, I will leave when I'm done!

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Ofemmanu1: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Happy birthday to you young man.

I wish you a sound, enjoyable, relaxing and peaceful sleep pattern as you begin a new milestone in your life journey.

Please do something for me, will you? Go to the nearest pharmacy or supermarket or store and buy COLD-PRESSED COCONUT OIL.

It could have names like extra-virgin or organic coconut oil. It's still the same thing. Ensure its colourless, just like water. That's how you identify cold pressed coconut oil.

Take 1-2 tablespoons before bedtime and sleep like a baby.

PS: A friend of mine who's been battling insomnia took just 1 tablespoon and it sent him straight to dreamland within 10-15 minutes.

You can google "Coconut oil for sound sleep" as well for further research.

I alps take tablespoons of coconut oil to boost my immune system and other benefits.

I wish you all the best in your new milestone.

@Ofemmanu1, you may find this useful.

Thanks boss!
However, I took comfort in hot tea with special strain of Canabis.
The THC in the Canabis works wonders too.
It's acts as Antidepressants, cleans the system, appetizer, feel-good and sound sleep!

I will try coconut oil asap.

Thanks again.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Golgota: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ki

DECENTBWOY:

Kindly reach out to me. I may be of help
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by dmaze: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please do NOT do anything that would make your condition worse and TURN YOU into an addict.

Something natural like Camomile tea or Ovaltine tea helps to sleep. It get you drowsy immediately.

Also, you need to check your activities during the day, what activities are you engaging in that is
getting you severly worried. Stop this.

The most important check your relationship with Almighty God. Is it lacking? are you close enough to your God? Do you call upon Him well enough?

Cry to Him in private that you are experiencing this challenges of sleep, keep asking God for forgiveness and watch how miraculously you sleep like a BABY.

You don't need pills or alcohol or any other medication that can make you potentially an ADDICT and DAMAGE your ORGANS in the long run.

A word is enough for the wise.

DECENTBWOY:
I will definitely try this. Though someone told me about it offline but i didn't buy it because i dont take alcohol but it seems like i don't have a choice.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Kaydan003: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Buy Zerpain night tablet. Use 2 dose u will thank me later

We are in the same boat bro.

I can't sleep too, my head hurts.
I've been taking specially made Canabis Cocktail to ease my sleeping nerves.

The cocktail will make me relax and close my eyes but the brain will still be running..

The only time I have good sleep nowadays is when I nack before bed, but how can a you nack everyday when problems are looking you in the face?!!

in my case, I think its my body reacting to the state of the Nation.
Buying Petrol @N700, opportunities shrinking, family demands, bills pilling, Salary remains the same, Toxic workplace, social security and all.

However, no matter how bad things get, the Equilibrium will shift.
Meaning, Joy is coming!
[/quote]
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Kaydan003: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Happy birthday bro and many more. Buy zampain night tablet and use 2 dose
Re: I Find It Difficult To Sleep by Error401: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Excercise, go to the gym or do a hard work or something draining, you will sleep like a baby whne you are tired

DECENTBWOY:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Final Year Student In Okopoly Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Dumped Him / Burial Of Man, 2 Daughters Who Died After Taking Traditional Medicine In Anambra / Kids Eating Eba With Dirty Water In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.