Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Persistent Headache - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Persistent Headache (16243 Views)

Persistent Rashes On Skin / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Persistent Headache by mamaafrik(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor137:
Where can i get the alabukun please?. I'm based in Enugu state.
go to mallam shop
Re: Persistent Headache by Elaric(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Have you checked your BP?
Re: Persistent Headache by Exceed15: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
How is your sleeping pattern?
Re: Persistent Headache by xharmuel: 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Two things can cause this:

1. Stress
2. Raised blood pressure

Go to a nearby medical Centre and do the needful 👍🏻

Wishing you speedy recovery
Re: Persistent Headache by fizzile(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Mywd:
Me too... Took paracetamol yesterday night, it went down... Now its back. I don tire

Been going and coming for a week now...
Everyday
Go to the hospital and try to check ur blood pressure. It might be on the high side and causing you headache.
Re: Persistent Headache by Bradford111(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor137:
Good day Nairalanders. So for three days, I've been having constant headache like someone is hitting hammer on my head morning and night. Been on some painkillers but they have little or no effect.

Treated malaria and typhoid last week. Please what could be the problem please as It's really affecting my productivity at work.

High blood pressure go for bp test asap

That’s how my mother’s friends collapsed she was having symptoms like yours but just thought it was malaria until her death
Re: Persistent Headache by Jodasy: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor137:
Good day Nairalanders. So for three days, I've been having constant headache like someone is hitting hammer on my head morning and night. Been on some painkillers but they have little or no effect.

Treated malaria and typhoid last week. Please what could be the problem please as It's really affecting my productivity at work.
find out the source by doing laboratory test. But for the main time use SUDREX
Re: Persistent Headache by Bradford111(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
This guy day play with your life until you will die

Go to the hospital now before it’s too late and tell your doctor have seen people that died this way

A word is enough for the wise !
Re: Persistent Headache by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
Anthrax
Re: Persistent Headache by Urbaninspire(f): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Mywd:
Me too... Took paracetamol yesterday night, it went down... Now its back. I don tire

Been going and coming for a week now...
Everyday

I pray is not brain tumor or odema,if you have money go MRI scan is about 100k
Re: Persistent Headache by Omooniya1: 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2023

Treated malaria and typhoid last week. Please what could be the problem please as It's really affecting my productivity at work. [/quote]

Go and do blood test PCV if the blood is much it can cause headache...no matter what you use..it will not go except u reduce the blood by donating blood...
Re: Persistent Headache by fabolouz1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
Take kacham.
Re: Persistent Headache by Freshman1100: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
I will advise you check your blood pressure and necessary blood test. It could be high BP.
Pastor137:

Re: Persistent Headache by kissval1388: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
Godbless9ija:
OP.. Are you hypertensive?
Go and do a brain CT or MRI Scan

Shay na money them they take do all these tests?? God Abeg ooo... Person wey well no know wetin God dey do for am
Re: Persistent Headache by okoroemeka(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor137:

check your blood pressure,your body is telling you something you don't know
Re: Persistent Headache by Osa0(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Depends on the part of the head. Please 3 days steady headache is already sounding serious. Try visit a Doc!
Pastor137:

Re: Persistent Headache by erneski01: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Have you checked your blood pressure?
Re: Persistent Headache by 12345baba(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
Bp. Check ur bp
Re: Persistent Headache by tasceige(m): 12:54am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:
. Please what could be the problem please as It's really affecting my productivity at work.

If you have a good healthcare plan, I suggest you visit a clinic check your vitals and see a Dr. if you don't, and the headache persist for long I suggest you go for MRI scan.

Nonetheless, it could be stress,too much lights from screen (in my own case), less sleep, dehydration I mean anything.
Re: Persistent Headache by DZTech: 2:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:
I went to a pharmacy and the nurse working there gave me the drugs.

Will go to a hospital for test.

It's not that serious to deprive me of sleep
How often did you have these headaches before the onset of malaria?

Malaria and it's treatment can cause headaches.
this is because the drugs and destroyed parasites release lots of TOXINS, especially free radicals; these can ALL cross into your brain, so need to be removed.
You might also have low BP due to the illness, which can cause headaches.

Remember-
Health is wealth.
Before any diagnostics, spend today Sunday drinking lots of WARM water-
AT LEAST 3 liters (ie 500ml every 2 hours), minus what you drink when eating. This will help dissolve TOXINS in your blood and flush them out, so you'll pee a lot! 😀

Eat well. Watch a fun movie to relax-
On a TV or laptop, NOT your phone, to avoid eye strain.

Take a nap; use a sleeping pill if you have to; super apeti works well without any risk of addiction.

Instead of excessive thinking, write down what's on your mind.

Get multivitamins to counter free radicals in your system from the drugs and destroyed parasites.

Sleep early, after an evening bath.

If symptoms persist by Monday morning, consult your doctor (NOT a nurse or pharmacist)-
And you should have one, even if it's the GP at your nearest clinic.

Make sure they take your temperature, BP, etc.
God bless 🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: Persistent Headache by DZTech: 2:29am On Jul 23, 2023
Omooniya1:

Go and do blood test PCV if the blood is much it can cause headache...no matter what you use..it will not go except u reduce the blood by donating blood...
His blood can't be 'much' after treating malaria and typhoid fever.
It might be thick due to fluid loss/low blood volume, which causes low BP and headaches.
But that might not be the only problem.
We need to stop making categorical statements.
God bless 🇳🇬
Re: Persistent Headache by OgbeniOja1: 4:58am On Jul 23, 2023
Hello have u checked your blood sugar level and b.p?? Are there other symptoms like frequent urination or regularly feeling thirsty??
Re: Persistent Headache by Dpaulie(m): 6:15am On Jul 23, 2023
It's an infection
Consult your doc
Re: Persistent Headache by Hopez456(m): 6:24am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:
Well alot has been on my mind lately

I took anti malaria tablet with amoxicillin and paracetamol.

It's been a while I did that.

I've been sleeping well but for the past 3 days I hardly get any sleep because of the headache

I eat well and drink enough water mostly pure water which I'm about to change. Thanks
. It's malaria. I had similar issue weeks ago after treating malaria and thyohoid. Had ti do malaria test again which confirmed that I still had residues of malaria in my system. I had to take 3 days injections before the headache vanished.
Re: Persistent Headache by ceeceeuwa: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:

I use to have this constant migraine until I stumbled on a particular thread here on Nairaland. I had initially made Analgesics my companion . This simple recipe on the thread has been helpful: Get as many Onions bulb as you can find. Peel the outer layer, rinse and boil with water. Strain the juice and take a cup of it 3 times daily. Voila! If you don't feel relieved after taking it for 3 days consult your doctor.
Re: Persistent Headache by Pkgplanet: 9:26am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:
How can it be treated?
This can't be migraine @jackmrandy, Op said the headache is like hammer. Migraine are usually not heavy, always present but you hardly noticed if you're engaged in an activity,but when you're idle,you start feeling it,it's like a finger of a little child hitting your head,it's not painful but very discomforting.
I had migraine for 3 months consistently during Corona lock down period.It was a side effect of some anti bacterial drugs I took then.
Re: Persistent Headache by LADEMINUS: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2023
Pastor137:

First, go to a hospital and see a GP...

Second, visit a qualified eye doctor. Things like Glaucoma, Refractive error, GCA can cause terrible constant headaches
Re: Persistent Headache by Pastor137(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2023
LADEMINUS:

First, go to a hospital and see a GP...

Second, visit a qualified eye doctor. Things like Glaucoma, Refractive error, GCA can cause terrible constant headaches
Thanks. someone also suggested that about the eye doctor. I just got a new pair of prescibed medicated glasses not too long ago. What's a GP?
Re: Persistent Headache by EmpressOne(f): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
https://www.yourtango.com/self/headache-spiritual-meanings OP visit the link to see the emotional and spiritual cause of headache. I wish you all the best
Re: Persistent Headache by TerickW(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
Send money make I mail to you
Re: Persistent Headache by aloeman15(m): 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
Pastor137:
I went to a pharmacy and the nurse working there gave me the drugs.

Will go to a hospital for test.

It's not that serious to deprive me of sleep
update us on your health
Re: Persistent Headache by Pastor137(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
aloeman15:
update us on your health
I'm better now. Went to the hospital and got my BP checked which was normal and also did some tests mainly malaria and typhoid and placed on medication. The headache has greatly reduced. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impact And Dangers Of Overthinking On Our Mental Health / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics / HIV Losing Its Edge, Evolving Into Milder Form – Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.