Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405892 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmabongo(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2023
have tried to gain admission in NBCC new brunswick recently but could not meet up before the space were filled up fast.

I have been thinking other options for me now, I learnt about the pilot program with private career colleges and Government of NB.

Having read all conditions,I however do have reservations too, primarily because these programs are not pgwp eligible.

I would like to seek your opinion,if you where In My shoes would you go for a private college in NB or go for a one year program eligible for pgwp in another /province/school,then go for another one year in a public school may be in NB to qualify for pgwp in other to prolong residence there, and if you decide to pursue a private college with a faster route to Pr as proposed by the pilot program,what other plan would you have to ensure one do not fall out of status after school and possibly intergrate into the NB community as a PR maximizing the pilot program currently by the government?

Another of my concern is the fact that one must have an employer who must be willing to support your transition process to PR,if that doesn't come easy,what next will be solution to avoiding falling out of status!

I sincerely await your response as I am in a fix in making prompt decision for action concerning my situation.

Kindly help reconcile all of these my thoughts concerning my immigration plan to Canada and advise on a clear part to pursue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Pls how can one make payment to Fanshawe College from a Canadian acct holder for a Nigerian student pls.. anyone here with similar experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 7:53am On Sep 02, 2023
cadno:

You are the second Person am seeing applying
to Mohawk college after Me. I have been the only person on Mohawk college admissions list in Nairaland..LOL....why ?
Still wondering why most people don't apply to that school though ??
Send me a mail lemme add you to our group on Whatsapp. Elmemetvmedia@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 7:54am On Sep 02, 2023
ollyontheboard:

Hey can you post the link for the Mohawk college group please?
Send me a mail lemme add you to our group on Whatsapp. Elmemetvmedia@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Republic001:
Guys pls I need advice on this...my sponsor send in 14 million Naira in my last application which was refused and I explain the fund as tuition balance Nd living expenses.I already sent the money back to his accountant account the same day I printed my statement.i would be printing out another six months statement by October for a new application and the July transaction wud surface there.pls am confused on what to explain the lump sum as In my statement. pls any advice
Don't let the previous lump-sum show...you can show bank statement for four months....your sponsor own has to be six months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 8:01am On Sep 02, 2023
amila20042001:
It's a pleasure to be back to this wonderful forum. I remain grateful to this platform, all the knowledge was from this platform. I was able to submit the study permit application myself and also got a positive decision.
Just concluded my program and about to face the next phase.
Meanwhile I will do my best to answer questions to the best of my knowledge as a way to give back to the forum. We'll all get our PPRS, AMEN!

CHEERS

Congratulations, I celebrate your success!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Inessa: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2023
SAMadex11:
Please celebrate with me. It has End in praise. Full gist Shortly
When did you apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2023
Republic001:
Pls do I need to include in my SOP in my reapplication reasons for changing school and course cos I withdrew after my visa refusal and I already have an offer to another school for May 2024 intake..
no..I changed my school and course and I got my visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Inessa: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2023
amila20042001:
It's a pleasure to be back to this wonderful forum. I remain grateful to this platform, all the knowledge was from this platform. I was able to submit the study permit application myself and also got a positive decision.
Just concluded my program and about to face the next phase.
Meanwhile I will do my best to answer questions to the best of my knowledge as a way to give back to the forum. We'll all get our PPRS, AMEN!

CHEERS
When did you apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2023
chizorkay:
Hello everyone. I want to apply for admission for a post graduate certificate course in Canada. I have a B. Sc. (3rd class) with some related work experience in my chosen field.

Please where do I begin? What documents do I need now? How do I put my best foot forward?Should I do the application myself or using an agent is better?

Please help me. And thanks in advance for your help

What PG.cert program do you want to apply for at a Canadian college?

What did you study for your B.Sc?

What is that related work experience you have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Callhimakin1203: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2023
amila20042001:
He can show his statement of account, better if it's a corporate account, then invoices and receipts issued to customers and the ones he got from suppliers.
He should also request for reference letter from the bank stating that the he owns the corporate account.
A picture of him in the business area is also ideal to be added.
I think you should be fine.

Cheers

I'm also at this cross road even though I have submitted now but just worried about my chances
My sponsor deposited 24m in my account in two batches 16m and 8m after thr exchange rate went up but I'm now worried the documents I submitted might be insufficient
My sponsor is a
Lawyer
Restaurant owner
Car and truck dealer
Petroleum dealer too ( 3 filling stations)
I added all thr CAC documents, deed of Assignment, letter of lease to Bovas and pictures of business area but I couldn't get any invoices or receipts as no one issues receipts to people buying food or petrol.

Incase of a refusal, God forbid what do you think I can do better next time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ahmedio2017(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2023
ExcellenceAb:

request to send me an email, by clicking on my profile.

Check ur email bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oyin1990: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2023
Good morning,I got a refusal on Wednesday and I want to re apply…gurus in the house please what can I do differently..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TheDarkporeShow: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2023
Hello everyone,

We compiled a list of common questions beginners had and brought a few travel consultants into the studio.

Hope you find these answers helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMC-hnpn_qU

Helpful tips for travelling to Canada in 2024 via the Study route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehisg: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2023
You only need the new LOA so it's not compulsory you must inform IRCC. As far you are not changing school or Course...

falebe:
Hello house, pls I need advice on this issue.
I got an addition to University Canada West for April 2023, so I deferred the admission to September 2023 so I will have time to prepare for my self. I submitted my visa application on the 4th of July 2023, I received my PPR on 10th of August, and I submitted my passport to Vfs on the 14th Of August and got my passport back on 29 of August, I received letter of Introduction today. Now school are supposed to resume on the 25th of September, I have already book my flight ticket to 20 of September. But now school send a mail to me that they don’t have enough space for students for this September anymore that they will defer me to January intake. I replied the mail and said No that I don’t want to be deferred. They now said the only option I have is that I should be in Canada before 8th of September. I have to cancel my ticket and reschedule it to 5th of September. Student Advisor from the school now called me today that even if I come to Canada before 8th of September he not sure that they will be able to enroll me for September…. My question now is that even if I accept to be defer to January. Do I need to let IRCC no that I have been defer or is it Only new LOA from the School that I need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Congratulations! Please did you submit with the new or old portal ? Thanks

SAMadex11:
I submitted 2nd of August 2023.
Biometric 14th of August 2023.
IRCC Medical request on 23rd of August 2023. Medical done on 24th of August 2023.
PPR came 1st of September 2023

Congrats please when did u submit

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sisiekolagos: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2023
Though am a silent member but i always follow up on ds thread, i wish to thank one of our guru in d house @bullstriker for being professional and patient throughout the preparation and submission stage. I contacted him after my initial refusal.

Timeline:
Submitted: July 15
Medical passed: August 3
Passport Request: September 1

Documents submitted are:
6 months bank statement
Business Registration documents
Invoices
Admission Letter
Tuition fee receipt
Passport photo
Marriage cert
Children’s birth cert
Consent letter
Copy of my husband’s passport.

I applied with my 3 children.
Am wishing everyone a positive outcome 🙏

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2023
Tevecino:
Please, I studied Estate Management and I want to apply for Health care Administration and service management in Conestoga university Canada . What are the Subjects required of me since I did not have Chemistry and Physics in my WAEC result.

Will it be possible for me to switch course like that?

Please I need a clear explanation on this

I don't think you're qualified for that program at CONESTOGA COLLEGE

Cos the

Admission requirements says
A two - or three-year diploma or a degree in a human health-related field from an accredited college or university
OR
a combination of academic studies and a minimum of 3 years of related client-facing industry/professional experience

As an Estate Management graduate go for Programs that can be applicable to your Academic background e.g. Business Management, Project Management

Explore the links below and check the Programs that interest you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/167#98357762

https://www.nairaland.com/7776621/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/13#124718400

Colleges that offer postgraduate certificate programs in Project Management in Canada

Cambrian College
Candore College
Conestoga College
Algonquin College
Centennial College
Durham College
Fanshawe College
George Brown College
Humber College
Lambton College
Mohawk College
Niagara College
Seneca College
Sheridan College
St. Lawrence College

PG. Cert in Construction Management -1378B
(2 years program) - For International Students only (Check Availabile Intake for Admission)

Conestoga College, Waterloo,
Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management/courses?id=22589

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Heritagebib:
Good day everyone. What is the STANDARD numbers of pages for SOP or number of words? My SOP is 8pages and my immigration consultant said I should go and reduce it to 4pages cos 8pages is too much that no VO has time to read long sop
Please is 8pages too much for SOP??
My S.O.P was 12 pages...and I added L.O.E which was 3 pages again. My visa was approved. If the 8 pages accurately tells your story well...go ahead and submit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2023
Amen, thank you. I had given him copies of bank statements and school fees receipts submitted for the application but he said the officer requested for his passport and introduction letter. Note that the port introduction letter mentioned proof of funds docs and school letter of acceptance as part of docs you should be having at the border.

Gentlesoul3268:

I rejoice with you kenoja, may the land of maple favour your son.

If I may asked ? What do you mean POF documents ? Or what POF documents your son travelled with?

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
congratulations
SAMadex11:
Please celebrate with me. It has End in praise. Full gist Shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
falebe:
I got an addition to University Canada West for April 2023, so I deferred the admission to September 2023 so I will have time to prepare for my self. I submitted my visa application on the 4th of July 2023, I received my PPR on 10th of August, and I submitted my passport to Vfs on the 14th Of August and got my passport back on 29 of August, I received letter of Introduction today. Now school are supposed to resume on the 25th of September, I have already book my flight ticket to 20 of September. But now school send a mail to me that they don’t have enough space for students for this September anymore that they will defer me to January intake. I replied the mail and said No that I don’t want to be deferred. They now said the only option I have is that I should be in Canada before 8th of September. I have to cancel my ticket and reschedule it to 5th of September. Student Advisor from the school now called me today that even if I come to Canada before 8th of September he not sure that they will be able to enroll me for September…. My question now is that even if I accept to be defer to January. Do I need to let IRCC no that I have been defer or is it Only new LOA from the School that I need.
Send through webform so ircc can update your profile. What school is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
chizorkay:
Hello everyone. I want to apply for admission for a post graduate certificate course in Canada. I have a B. Sc. (3rd class) with some related work experience in my chosen field.

Please where do I begin? What documents do I need now? How do I put my best foot forward?Should I do the application myself or using an agent is better?

Please help me. And thanks in advance for your help

You can do it yourself.
Let's start with your career or course you study in your first degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2023
what's the relationship between you and your sponsor?

Callhimakin1203:

I'm also at this cross road even though I have submitted now but just worried about my chances
My sponsor deposited 24m in my account in two batches 16m and 8m after thr exchange rate went up but I'm now worried the documents I submitted might be insufficient
My sponsor is a
Lawyer
Restaurant owner
Car and truck dealer
Petroleum dealer too ( 3 filling stations)
I added all thr CAC documents, deed of Assignment, letter of lease to Bovas and pictures of business area but I couldn't get any invoices or receipts as no one issues receipts to people buying food or petrol.

Incase of a refusal, God forbid what do you think I can do better next time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2023
Oyin1990:
Good morning,I got a refusal on Wednesday and I want to re apply…gurus in the house please what can I do differently..
Insufficient fund.
Financial Ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
Congratulations

Sisiekolagos:
Though am a silent member but i always follow up on ds thread, i wish to thank one of our guru in d house @bullstriker for being professional and patient throughout the preparation and submission stage. I contacted him after my initial refusal.

Timeline:

Documents submitted are:
6 months bank statement
Invoices
Admission Letter
Tuition fee receipt
Passport photo
Marriage cert
Children’s birth cert
Consent letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pnieeventures: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please am abit confused here try filling my irrc form, but it keeps requesting for uci number even after entering my personal reference code(RH65128900001) that was on the checklist generate.
Please is UCI different from personal reference code and if yet how will I get the UCI.

Gurus in the house, @ Amila20042001 and everyone come to my rescue o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
falebe:
Even if you inform ircc or not as long as same school and visa valid,information is on file that application was approved on that DLI number,you can travel to canada with new LOA for January .but you may need extension in future though you will still have additional 4 months attached to the visa after initial program completion..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ab4m: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
Hello room,

I am submitting application for student visa for my wife. As a dependant, I choose to apply for an open work permit.

From the document required, I was told to provide purpose of travel which includes a scanned copy of the flight ticket departing the can't travel itinerary and proof of medical. (See attached). Who has experience with what to provide here, please?

Secondly, on my imm1295e form, under detailed of intended work in Canada, I chose open work permit and I was asked for details of employer, address, date and title of employment.

What should I put here as no employment yet, just an open work permit?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makindezak: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
johnstan:
It's been a while I've been here. The reality in Canada was not as I envisaged but we give God the glory for the last 8 months I've been here.

There have been times I questioned if I did the right thing and times I was confident I did the right thing. Canada is designed to reward the SMART ones and not just the average HARDWORKER. Don't get me wrong, if you work hard you will surely be rewarded, however, you might continue in that endless loop whle the smart ones are soaring.

Our social media content creators unfortunately paint a perfect picture of life in Canada and prevent people from preparing adequately before arrival. The housing crisis, the lack of student jobs, the cost of living (especially if you depend on the Naira cos of no jobs) etc, is not a joke.

In all, it's a beautiful place especially in the summer and extremely cold in the winter. Basic amenities are present so you don't worry about basic things really.

Comparing life over here with life back home, it's way better once you're settled and finacially equipped so don't be discouraged in pursuing your dreams.

Feel free to shoot me questions and I'll gladly answer. Please don't send me emails cos chances are that I wouldn't see them.

Please would you advise a student loan for school fees payment after the first semester payment has been made?
Any loan company in mind ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sisiekolagos: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Thank u
kenoja:
Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Callhimakin1203: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
Sisiekolagos:

Timeline:

Documents submitted are:
6 months bank statement
Invoices
Admission Letter
Tuition fee receipt
Passport photo
Marriage cert
Children’s birth cert
Consent letter

Hi congratulations. Please can you expand on the invoices, you mean from your suppliers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.