Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405477 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by drizzy22(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
[quote author=zubizareta post=125730757]

I thought one is supposed to show POF for one year Tution and one year living expenses?

Is there anyone one here that have a BSc or HND degree that applied for a college diploma and got visa approved?

Note: not post graduate Diploma /certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by streetwise2015: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
Pls house…I have a bsc in history and international studies..I want to apply for project management in conestoga college may intake…I want to know if anyone here has got visa despite his or her background being in History …Thank you guys..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
techgurl12:
Hello house,
My case is kind of funny as I haven't read any post about it.

I graduated with a 2.1degree in accounting from UNIBEN in 2014. However, I only worked for one year in an hotel as a cashier and resigned due to the meager pay. Getting a well paying job was hard for me, I decided to embrace freelance work in 2016.
Ever since till date, I have been working remotely as a blog writer from home.
I really want to know my chances of getting a student visa to study for an MBA program.

Due to your study gap (the year you graduated), Career Progression is your best shot. That is, go for a Post Graduate Certificate Program at a Canadian College in something related to your work experience (blog Writer) e.g.

- Digital Marketing
- Creative Writing
- Public Relations
- Journalism
- Web Development
- Strategic Marketing Communications
- DIGITAL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS etc.....

As regards the aspect of Career Progression, a Visa officer will be more convinced if you go with this..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
streetwise2015:
Pls house…I have a bsc in history and international studies..I want to apply for project management in conestoga college may intake…I want to know if anyone here has got visa despite his or her background being in History …Thank you guys..

Do you have a work experience that is related or have some components with Project Management?

What is your Job title and your Job duties (they might be some connections)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
oloyemeji:
If my company needs to sponsor me, what documents would be required from my company? Additionally, do you believe this sponsorship would serve as a strong tie to my home country, as I would eventually need to return and resume work with the company? do i need to still show my personal account statement?

Company sponsorship can be a strong economic tie if you explain in your sop how your proposed education will be a career growth for you personally, how it would also improve your future finance when you assume more senior responsibilities in the company on your return from Canada and most importantly how your education in Canada will significantly rub off on the company growth and finances by application of the skills and knowledge you will get from Canada.
Your case will also be helped if you can prove in the past how the company has helped your personal career growth.

And yes you will need to show your personal statement because you have claimed you are working there hence they expect to see your payslips and figures reflect on your account statement.
Personally I will advise you don't 100% write that the company is covering 100% of your expenses. Let the company sponsor just your tuition and you cover your living expenses.

As for documents company should add to support the application:

Let the company write a sponsorship letter stating why they are sponsoring you, with letter duly signed by a director and secretary or MD and secretary. Company’s 6 to 12months statement of acct, registration documents nd tax certificate. Then proofs u work in d company nd payslips.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fredba: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2023
Has anyone here used klm to travel recently? I'm trying to book and I heard something bout having a return ticket is it true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by blessedbest: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
please I did upfront medicals, and I want to enter my details on the form I downloaded on the IRCC portal, but they are requesting for UCI, whereas what I have on the form is UMI, please are they the same? if not , please how do I get the UCI?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Bobomaigida:

If your children are older than 5 then SP will be the appropriate visa for them. Your mum can be VV.

For dependents POF

Spouse - C$4,000
for the kids - C$ 3,000 each.
You can also plan C$3,000 for Mumcy.

However, it is ALWAYS better to have more than what is stated above for the POF. Then add return flight tickets money and miscellaneous fund.
Thank you 🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good morning everyone , For a two years degree, do i need to show POF for the two years or just one year ?..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
Fredba:
Has anyone here used klm to travel recently? I'm trying to book and I heard something bout having a return ticket is it true?

Not true, I know someone who travelled with them recently, they did not ask for return tickets.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Damilare5882:
Good morning everyone , For a two years degree, do i need to show POF for the two years or just one year ?..

If you are self sponsored, you should have the full funds for the two years.

If you have a sponsor, then you can show at least 1 year fund and sources from which the balance will be raised.

Please this does not detract from the fact that in either of the options, you have to show evidence of how the funds were raised by you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
blessedbest:
please I did upfront medicals, and I want to enter my details on the form I downloaded on the IRCC portal, but they are requesting for UCI, whereas what I have on the form is UMI, please are they the same? if not , please how do I get the UCI?

Please put 00000000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MRtristan: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
zubizareta:

Yes to all your questions.

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Lekiboboe:

You're welcome

Alright, that's good.

In my previous post to you, check the third link, you should see potential documents you might need to apply for the program.

Better still, google that program and school again, you should see the documents required for admission there.

Also, I heard sometime ago that to apply to FANSHAWE COLLEGE, you need an agent and the school have Agents they work with in different countries (including Nigeria). I will suggest you send an email to the Admission office of the school for further enquiries.

Also, ask on this forum, there should be current or former Fanshawe College students on this forum who might be able to give you some based on experience information.

Good luck...

Yes, Fanshawe requires applicant from Nigeria to go through designated agent.

But I was able to register and got admitted with 30 minutes without the help or agent. So it saves me 100k to 150k for the agent fee

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
Augrere2022:

Yes, Fanshawe requires applicant from Nigeria to go through designated agent.

But I was able to register and got admitted with 30 minutes without the help or agent. So it saves me 100k to 150k for the agent fee

Wow , admission within 30 minutes shocked

That's strange.

Congratulations on your admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
Bobomaigida:

If you are self sponsored, you should have the full funds for the two years.

If you have a sponsor, then you can show at least 1 year fund and sources from which the balance will be raised.

Please this does not detract from the fact that in either of the options, you have to show evidence of how the funds were raised by you.

Thank you for your response . I am acting as a sponsor. Im paying the first semester tution , and i am also showing 80 percent fund for the rest of the two years program .. I guess i should be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
Lekiboboe:

Wow , admission within 30 minutes shocked

That's strange.

Congratulations on your admission

My program is for September 2024
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2023
Guys please which of the two tax clearance certificate is needed for ircc application is it the federal government own or the state government own
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
Damilare5882:

Thank you for your response . I am acting as a sponsor. Im paying the first semester tution , and i am also showing 80 percent fund for the rest of the two years program .. I guess i should be fine.

Yes, you should. Please prepare a strong SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
Iceboyblog:
Guys please which of the two tax clearance certificate is needed for ircc application is it the federal government own or the state government own

Certificate of WHERE you pay your tax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hello everyone,Is there anyone who applied in June and hasn't gotten a final decision from ircc because l submitted 29th June and am still waiting my application is 10weeks now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good day house,

Please help me check out this profile and see if i have what it takes to forge ahead.

School of admission - University of Regina (Levene school of business)
Program - Masters in Administration-leadership
Present work - Banker(mid level) 5 years experience (salary 580k). All documents are available (introduction letter, leave letter, pay slip and the rest
Tuition fee - 26k cad for 2 years program
POF - 26 million
Marital status - Married but not moving with spouse
I am self sponsoring myself
Undergraduate program - Banking and finance
Landed property with Deed of assignment available
No tuition fee or tuition deposit as the school categorically wrote me that it is not needed until class registration

please assist with any other thing i should add or if I am good to go like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 080Fadama: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2023
Pls guys I’m planning to come to lambton college but Iv been seeing negative reviews about employers not wanting to hire graduate of the school. Pls does anyone have any insight to share .
Pls
Pls
Pls reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 080Fadama: 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Pls I’m also considering Nscc is it a right choice because Iv heard the province Nova Scotia doesn’t have much job opportunities
Thank you
Pls respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bytecode: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Profile looks good but edit your post and include the duration of the program and tuition fee so that you can be well advised on POF. Still on POF, it matters whether you will sponsor yourself or have a sponsor.
maxyboss212:
Good day house,

Please help me check out this profile and see if i have what it takes to forge ahead.

Present work - Banker(mid level) 5 years experience (salary 580k). All documents are available (introduction letter, leave letter, pay slip and the rest
POF - 26 million
No tuition fee or tuition deposit as the school categorically wrote me that it is not needed until class registration

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by juliusocean(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hello house I'm about to apply for a visa all my proof of funds is in my Nigerian account I am based in Europe I have provided all necessary documents is it important to also include my salary account here as there is no money inside I have moved everything back to my Nigerian account ...is it important to add an empty account but at least it shows inflow of monthly salary?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hello everyone,Is there anyone who applied in June and hasn't gotten a final decision from ircc because l submitted 29th June and am still waiting my application is 10weeks now still on eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good day house,

POF - 26 million
Tuition fees - 26k Cad for a 2 year masters program

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by rozeybid: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Pls any college in Vancouver with low tuition deposit ?
My brother got admission with DOUGLAS college and they want tuition deposit of 8162CAD before sept 25th .

Pls will appreciate your response .
His fiancée is in Vancouver hence the reason for choosing it .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
You can pay part of your tuition fees.

maxyboss212:
Good day house,

POF - 26 million
Tuition fees - 26k Cad for a 2 year masters program

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
alakara:
You can pay part of your tuition fees.

Hi please is there a reason why you’re advising he should pay a part of his tuition fee since he wasn’t asked to do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
Praise God! PPR landed for a family of 3, wife primary applicant and student, husband sowp & 1 year old son visitors visa.

Ps. Application was done on the old portal because of the size of files we wanted to upload

Application submission Aug 17
Upfront medical done and submitted alongside
Biometric done Sept 1st
PPR Sept 12 (today)

VIP SHOUT OUT to @zubizareta for an outstanding job done on sop and entire application advice and letting us know what additional documents to add.

Documents provided:
1st semester tuition deposit (1 year course)
Bank statements for both parents
Pension statement and balance for primary applicant
Previous travel stamps for both
Avidavid of return
Property survey and pictures (4 bed duplex)
Payslips, letter of intro etc for both
Wedding and family pictures
Letter of leave request and approval for sowp applicant
2 vehicles pictures and proof of ownership for both parents with pictures

Was done by an agent to avoid mistakes but i was present in every stage of the application till the end. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge gained here. I hope to continually contribute in the coming years.

Pls, what’s the fastest way to submit passport and get it back? Resumption is Jan but I don’t whatever cost to have the passports stamped and handy asap lol

Submit to ups beside vfs and pick up or pay 2 way courier to have it sent to our home address ?

Thanks

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.