Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (413209 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by thinksquad(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2023
Please can I get a sample of a gift deed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2023
Ikpumbe1:
Please my first study application was refused due to not properly explained lump sums. It is a two years course with option of completing in one year if I forgo the Co-op part of the program. My first application was before naira devaluation by Tinubu. So even if I properly explain the lump sums, my funds won’t be enough for the two years option of my program at the current exchange rate. So I am thinking of reapplying for one year study permit for the same program instead of two years for the refused application. It is for the same program. My available funds is enough for only one year. Please can that cause a red flag and lead to another refusal?

No. As long as the new LOA is clearly stating it's a 1 year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ikpumbe1: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

The LOA has always stated 1 to 2 years as program duration. But I applied for two years for my first application. I want to apply for one year now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2023
Ikpumbe1:

The LOA has always stated 1 to 2 years as program duration. But I applied for two years for my first application. I want to apply for one year now.

Ohk. I know someone that had this and he had to write to the school to send a revised LOA without the second option so it would clearly be a 1 year program before he reapplied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ikpumbe1: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

Ohk. I know someone that had this and he had to write to the school to send a revised LOA without the second option so it would clearly be a 1 year program before he reapplied.
Thank you. I will explore that option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Getbizzzy: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2023
Focusmind:

If you are sure that you have a valid work permit, I think there is a new public policy that allows holder's of valid work permits that are already in Canada to go to school without applying for study permit. But you must continue to maintain the validity of your work permit without getting out of status while schooling. Just check with IRCC....I am sure of that new policy.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbv1: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2023
DereI:

Why is India not on this list?
They only release Africa statistics after questions concerning high rate of denial. The total worldwide application is on top of the list
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chizorkay: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2023
alakara:

I have more questions please...

1. Tuition fee balance for one year right? My course I'm going for is a two year course and I'll pay half upfront.
yes

2. Also what's the 4k for? I'm just hearing of that.
Misscellaneous

3. And POF should be in my account for how long before I apply for study permit?

4 Months.

4. My sis is my sponsor. Is it my account or hers that account statement is needed for?
Yours which depends on some factors like if you're working or a business man.

Good day.

I'm working but my account needs help grin 😂...so how does my sister's sponsorship come in to boost it? How do I explain any lump sum from my sponsor as my account isn't up to what's required? Or is it better to say my company is sponsorship?

Thank you for responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2023
Good day everyone, please where will an individual receive his/her study permit? Is it at the point of entry or in your home country
Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
Good day everyone, please where will an individual receive his/her study permit? Is it at the point of entry or in your home country
Thanks 🙏

Point of entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
100% Correct

zubizareta:

Yes, just I said earlier, some people have done that Here I mean sending lump sum close to date of submission and still got approval. Truth is this things basically rely on how you word your SOP and the VO handling the case.
The best way to usually checkmate this is demonstrating the availability of the funds making an expense.
In conclusion, supporting docs as you said is one of the most important and how you use your SOP to convince the VO. In all, na to enter prayers once you submit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tweeny24: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hello Good day everyone
Please my kid brother just got a medical request for a 4 year bachelors degree course and I know that in like 2 weeks they will ask for his passport after passing medical…my problem now is that he has only 3 years validity left on his passport. Can we submit it like that? Or will it affect his application if we submit a 3 years valid passport for a 4 year visa…thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please 🙏🏽 anyone with any info about this?

Eraytee:
Good day everyone, please do we have anyone who knows how soon conestoga college gets back on admission application? I applied for my spouse (PGcert) on the 21st July for May 2024 intake and no feedback yet. It’s over 7weeks already. Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by manforgu: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
Can one go for medicals before LOA is out? If yes, what's the validity period of the medical. Again, I need names of hospitals I can book for medicals and get a close appointment date. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

Point of entry.
Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alexsim: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
Greetings good people of Nairaland!

I am currently pursuing my studies in Canada, having commenced in the fall of 2023. It has been just under a month since I started my academic journey here. My study permit is valid for two years and includes a co-op program. During the application process, I found myself in a situation where I became pregnant, and it is almost 7 months old. The workload at school has become quite overwhelming, and I often find myself exhausted upon returning home from numerous classes and with so much assignments to deal with. Unfortunately, there is no available assistance for me.

Given these circumstances, I am interested in having my husband and our two-year-old daughter join me in Canada. I am seeking your advice on which type of visa would be the most suitable for them to apply for: a visitor visa or a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP)? While the SOWP option is a concrete plan, I want to explore all available options to ensure the best course of action for our situation.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yes you can do upfront medical and the validity period is 1 years

manforgu:
Can one go for medicals before LOA is out? If yes, what's the validity period of the medical. Again, I need names of hospitals I can book for medicals and get a close appointment date. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chrisomila: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please house I studied HND Mechanical engineering and I graduated 2018
I need colleges and course I should apply with low tuition fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Godpikin4: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

Hello, thank you for all you do on this.

I submitted an application (visitor's visa) for about two weeks now and haven't gotten any request for biometrics. Is this normal please? What may be the issue?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by manforgu: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
[quote author=Gentlesoul3268 post=125808544]
Yes you can do upfront medical and the validity period is 1 years
Thanks so much Gentlesoul. Pls can you list out about 2hospitals I can choose from in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Godpikin4:

I submitted an application (visitor's visa) for about two weeks now and haven't gotten any request for biometrics. Is this normal please? What may be the issue?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

It's not normal but it happens. Think you will just wait it out. Don't know if there is anything different you can do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankielilbaby(f): 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Anyone who applied to Mpower loan has a referral code? We will split the profit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
Frankielilbaby:
Anyone who applied to Mpower loan has a referral code? We will split the profit
how them take dey apply for the loan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please has anybody used converal global pay to make tutution payment please if any suggestion please how does it work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by blaqmonk(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
please does anyone has the list of Nigerian agents for Fanshawe College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bunmijab: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

If you don't have access to previous GC Keys login then you can create new one. Fill the UCI in the immigration forms and the new portal will be updated with all your details

Please I tried doing this but it's requested for username and password. How do I do about it without requesting for these details from the agent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bunmijab:

Please I tried doing this but it's requested for username and password. How do I do about it without requesting for these details from the agent?

If you don't have it, then you don't have it. Only the agent can give it to you. If you can't get it, register a new GCKey acct.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
blaqmonk:
please does anyone has the list of Nigerian agents for Fanshawe College

info@skynedconsults.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SAMadex11(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Are you sure you have never apply before? Biometrc is once in 10 years

Godpikin4:

Kindly advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Chrisomila:
Please house I studied HND Mechanical engineering and I graduated 2018
I need colleges and course I should apply with low tuition fee.

Have you been working in a field related to Mechanical Engineering ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Godpikin4: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
SAMadex11:
Are you sure you have never apply before? Biometrc is once in 10 years

No,I haven't. It is actually for my mum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Godpikin4: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
zubizareta:

It's not normal but it happens. Think you will just wait it out. Don't know if there is anything different you can do.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (469) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Devasia(m), febishola20 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.