Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405546 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bytecode: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Too good to be true. Trust but verify. Most RCICs i know secure admission free. You only pay the schools processing fee. Some of them are here.
Zammy123:

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zammy123(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
bytecode:
I tried Convera and gave up. When you select it and fill their form they'll give you account details and like three working days to pay. But i think when you do the calculation the difference is negligible.

Thank you my bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zammy123(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
bytecode:
Too good to be true. Trust but verify. Most RCICs i know secure admission free. You only pay the schools processing fee. Some of them are here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
JMG12:
You will find more colleges in ON than in any province in Canada, but here are DLI colleges as requested
Cumberland College
College of Emmanuel and St. Chad
Collège Mathieu
North West College
Parkland College
Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Southeast College
St. Andrew’s College
Good luck

Thank u I guess North West is better .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chizorkay: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
bytecode:
Open this page https://www.conestogac.on.ca/international/apply-to-conestoga/fees-and-payment . Locate 'choose your payment option that best work for you '. Select flywire and follow the instruction. With it you can pay with ur naira card or local transfer
please house help me answer this,my sponsor is based in us and I am in nigeria,can my sponsor use her US card to pay my schools fee through flywire??please I need answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chizorkay: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
alakara:

For your POF,aɗd your tuition fee plus 10k plus 4k plus flight money.
For docs transcript, certificates etc.
What matter most is the requirements of the school of study

Thank you for your response.

I have more questions please...

1. Tuition fee balance for one year right? My course I'm going for is a two year course and I'll pay half upfront.

2. Also what's the 4k for? I'm just hearing of that.

3. And POF should be in my account for how long before I apply for study permit?

4. My sis is my sponsor. Is it my account or hers that account statement is needed for?

You guys are amazing here. Thank you again for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
Emmanuelvictor:
Good afternoon house.
Please I have made some part payment of my initial deposit to my school in Ontario as I couldn't pay everything once because of high exchange rate.
My question is after getting my study visa, and arriving in Canada. Can I differ the admission and still get the opportunity to work ?

Please I appreciate your timely response.
Thanks.
No you can’t,you can only start working when you start studying so there it’s not possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
PLEASE WHICH COLLEGE IS TAKING APPLICATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2O24 INTAKE AT THE MOMENT .. ALL THE SCHOOLS I HAVE checked DON CLOSE WINDOW .. PLEASE ANYONE DROP ME THE SCHOOL TAKING APOLICATION FOR NEXT FALL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
JMG12:
Send an email
Hello, I have sent the SOP. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hello Everyone , my program is two years but my passport will expire in 2025. While i was filling the form now , i saw where it says i should make sure my passport validity date covers the duration of my stay in canada.. Now i am worried ? do i need to go apply for another passport or i can still apply with the one i have ... The delay in getting passport in nigeria is so depressing.. sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by donpata(m): 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
G8tfulSol:
PPR update...
All glory to Almighty God
First time applicant PhD.
All hanks to every member of this noble family whose contribution always provide huge information for every success we record here every time.
Special thanks to Sir. Efeturi for wonderful insights and advice that landed this big prize for me.

Is ur PhD based on scholarship? What field and what school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
chizorkay:

Thank you for your response.

1. Tuition fee balance for one year right? My course I'm going for is a two year course and I'll pay half upfront.

3. And POF should be in my account for how long before I apply for study permit?

4. My sis is my sponsor. Is it my account or hers that account statement is needed for?

You guys are amazing here. Thank you again for your help.

yes

Misscellaneous

4 Months.

Yours which depends on some factors like if you're working or a business man.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Damilare5882:
Hello Everyone , my program is two years but my passport will expire in 2025. While i was filling the form now , i saw where it says i should make sure my passport validity date covers the duration of my stay in canada.. Now i am worried ? do i need to go apply for another passport or i can still apply with the one i have ... The delay in getting passport in nigeria is so depressing.. sad
You can use the one you have now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
You can apply with your current passport and, upon receiving PPR, submit the renewed passport with explanation. Alternatively, you can present the new passport at the port of entry to get the complete duration of your study permit. Or you can apply for a study permit extension when you renew your passport in Canada. Don’t do capturing in Nigeria if you intend to follow the latter.

Note: Considering the expiration date, it may not be possible to renew your passport now.
Damilare5882:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
Most schools are still accepting applications for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. You can reach out if you need free service for school admission.
yankison:
PLEASE WHICH COLLEGE IS TAKING APPLICATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2O24 INTAKE AT THE MOMENT .. ALL THE SCHOOLS I HAVE checked DON CLOSE WINDOW .. PLEASE ANYONE DROP ME THE SCHOOL TAKING APOLICATION FOR NEXT FALL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yes, she can. She may need to print the bank statement showing the debit from Flywire if you intend to show her commitment.
Neche207:
please house help me answer this,my sponsor is based in us and I am in nigeria,can my sponsor use her US card to pay my schools fee through flywire??please I need answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
bullstriker:
Most schools are still accepting applications for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. You can reach out if you need free service for school admission.

Check ur dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
Replied
yankison:

Check ur dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
bullstriker:
You can apply with your current passport and, upon receiving PPR, submit the renewed passport with explanation. Alternatively, you can present the new passport at the port of entry to get the complete duration of your study permit. Or you can apply for a study permit extension when you renew your passport in Canada. Don’t do capturing in Nigeria if you intend to follow the latter.

Note: Considering the expiration date, it may not be possible to renew your passport now.
Thank you .. I will use the one i have.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
alakara:

You can use the one you have now.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Chairman is it possible to present new passport at the port of entry to get the complete duration of someone study permit?

I believe that someone can only do this when passport was requested for visa stamping by submit the renewed passport?

I know about extension and submit the renewed passport when IRCC requested for passport for Visa stamping?

bullstriker:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
Means a decision has been made on your application and you should know your faith same day or next Tope I believe

quadtunji:

Congratulations to you. Please, "what is that correspondence letter"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
If you are resuming in January 2024 you can still make your payment after your deadline but you most complete the first semester fee required from your LOA before you travel to Canada.

A friend of mine did the same thing even he paid 3 days before his flight and gotten his acknowledge payment receipt while his on transit before landed, upon landed no officer was asking him any single thing.

Note: make sure you pay your first semester tuition fee as required from your LOA before you travel to Canada .

You can email the school and inform them how difficult you are facing through your bank to make the payment to school.

Trust me that's what a friend did and they responded that they are aware of that and he should make sure he pay the fee before travel to Canada inorder to avoid officer query at the Airport..

I hope this help?

Zammy123:

Only God will save us in this trying time. I saw 730 rate on flywire 2 days ago and test day it has already gotten to like 740. I’m equally frustrated and tired.
I’m really sorry for bother but my bro have you ever used WISE to make any payment to conestoga? I checked their website and their rate is really cheap. I only few days before my deadline for payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
Cceema:
Hello everyone. Please I need a professional advice.
I have a degree in law (3rd class). So I want to apply for a PGcert in maybe Business related or sports-related course.
I have worked in a law firm for year's. I have worked in a sports agency firm as a legal advisor and now I own my own sports club and the company is registered but the funds don't come in regularly.
Now, my husband wants to be my sponsor and also my younger sister who is a nurse in America wasn't to sponsor too.
My question are as follows:
Can I apply for Linguistics?
Must I be amongst my sponsors since I own a company and it is expected that I should have some money to train myself?
I intend to travel with my family of 5.
How can my sister send the money to me? Should she send it to my account as a lump sum? Or send it to my husband’s account?
I have some money in my company account but football money comes like contract money, not monthly stuff so the account has not been active for a while because I've not been receiving and sending out money frequently
PLEASE I NEED PROFESSIONAL ADVISE FROM GURUS HERE PLEASE. Thank you

As suggested by the Honorable chiefs in house go for a Sport related program cos it's related to your work experience e.g PG. Cert in Sport Business Management or related programs

Check out the PG.CERT Sport Business Management programs below and related programs and the school offering it

Sport Business Management
Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario

Durham College, Oshawa, Ontario

Humber College, Toronto, Ontario

Sports And Entertainment Sales And Marketing
Loyalist College, Belleville, Ontario

Sport And Event Marketing
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, Ontario

Sport And Event Marketing
George Brown College, Toronto, Ontario

Await a response on your other questions from the gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by G8tfulSol: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
Not funded yet. I'm optimistic that funding will be available when I get there

donpata:

Is ur PhD based on scholarship? What field and what school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yes sir, you can present a renewed passport to get the complete duration of your study permit. You just have to show a valid passport alongside the visa in the invalid passport.
Using a valid visa in an expired passport is acceptable, provided you have another valid one.
Gentlesoul3268:

Chairman is it possible to present new passport at the port of entry to get the complete duration of someone study permit?

I believe that someone can only do this when passport was requested for visa stamping by submit the renewed passport?

I know about extension and submit the renewed passport when IRCC requested for passport for Visa stamping?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good day everyone, please do we have anyone who knows how soon conestoga college gets back on admission application? I applied for my spouse (PGcert) on the 21st July for May 2024 intake and no feedback yet. It’s over 7weeks already. Is this normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
If you go ahead and apply with your current passport your study permit will end before you finish school in which case you have to apply for extension within Canada (CA$ 150)
You’ll also have to apply for a new passport at Ottawa, fee ( US$250) *not sure*
My opinion
Check if you can defer your admission ( worst case scenario)
Apply for the 10yrs booklet (5yrs is waste of money)

Damilare5882:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oloyemeji: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Is it ideal for someone who just got a job not more than 4 months to apply using his salary account of 4 months old as a statement of account though he has another fund as a supporting fund in another bank or he should just wait till the bank statement is 6 months before submitting application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
alakara:

yes

Misscellaneous

4 Months.

Yours which depends on some factors like if you're working or a business man.

Why should someone hold his/her PoF for 4 months before apply?
So if the person happens to sell a property does that mean he should hold the proceeds for 4 months before applying?

Or do you mean statement of account for 4 months?

Honestly, there are cases where account can be active and inflows is running to 100s of millions within 6 months and he planned to use said account for the application, those that mean the person should still hold such fund for 4 months?

Omo, I’m honestly finding it hard to understand the reason behind it.

I know someone who only had his PoF for 7 days before applying and they gave him visa for 10 year (visitor).

My understanding of account is for the person to demonstrate that he/she has some kind of steady income.
Because I’m sure it makes not sense I keep 30m in an account for 4 months why the fund looses value, and no any other transaction taking play on the account.

I may be wrong!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hummm no body know it all!!!!!!

I'm planning to extend my study permit when I enter Canada before, but with this info you are sharing with me now I think I should go ahead and do another passport since they accept Visa in expired passport.

Note: my student visa was issued according to validity on my passport and my course will ended in August 2025, while my passport will expire in March 2015.

Thanks for the information before I tot Canada don't do such but I know about USA and UK.

I hope our immigration at the airport won't trying to prove jaju

bullstriker:
Yes sir, you can present a renewed passport to get the complete duration of your study permit. You just have to show a valid passport alongside the visa in the invalid passport.
Using a valid visa in an expired passport is acceptable, provided you have another valid one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: deejay102, Queenmama03(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.