Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (412697 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kate202: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hello, please I want to ask a question about upfront medicals.

Do i do it and inform the immigration after its done?
What do I take along with me to the hospital?
Do I let the hospital know it's upfront?

Pls ill appreciate any other information regarding the upfront.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adeiyanu3: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Upfront medical is very good. Ensure you do it before final submission of your application and it should be well spelt out in your SOP the medical numbers as given to you from the hospital.

However, the hospital knows that it is Upfront.

After including the medical numbers in your SOP, you may be given PPR within 2 weeks.

Kate202:
Hello, please I want to ask a question about upfront medicals.

Do i do it and inform the immigration after its done?
What do I take along with me to the hospital?
Do I let the hospital know it's upfront?

Pls ill appreciate any other information regarding the upfront.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
alexsim:
Greetings good people of Nairaland!

I am currently pursuing my studies in Canada, having commenced in the fall of 2023. It has been just under a month since I started my academic journey here. My study permit is valid for two years and includes a co-op program. During the application process, I found myself in a situation where I became pregnant, and it is almost 7 months old. The workload at school has become quite overwhelming, and I often find myself exhausted upon returning home from numerous classes and with so much assignments to deal with. Unfortunately, there is no available assistance for me.

Given these circumstances, I am interested in having my husband and our two-year-old daughter join me in Canada. I am seeking your advice on which type of visa would be the most suitable for them to apply for: a visitor visa or a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP)? While the SOWP option is a concrete plan, I want to explore all available options to ensure the best course of action for our situation.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hubby - SOWP
Baby - VV

The SOWP allows him stay for longer and worker to get more funds to support you, if he does VV, he has to be travelling and visiting staying up to six months at a time.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
tweeny24:
Hello Good day everyone
Please my kid brother just got a medical request for a 4 year bachelors degree course and I know that in like 2 weeks they will ask for his passport after passing medical…my problem now is that he has only 3 years validity left on his passport. Can we submit it like that? Or will it affect his application if we submit a 3 years valid passport for a 4 year visa…thanks in advance

Let him continue with the present passport, he can always renew from Canada when it close to expiry. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
You can send me a message
blaqmonk:
please does anyone has the list of Nigerian agents for Fanshawe College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kate202: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Adeiyanu3:
Upfront medical is very good. Ensure you do it before final submission of your application and it should be well spelt out in your SOP the medical numbers as given to you from the hospital.

However, the hospital knows that it is Upfront.

After including the medical numbers in your SOP, you may be given PPR within 2 weeks.

Thank you.

The thing now is I've already submitted my application. can't I do it anymore?

Also, if yes, the hospital ask for an IME number, what can I do about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Naomijoddy: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
colored:
Hello guys, pls how do you pay for school application fee? I'm trying to do it with my naira debit card but the portal is declining it. I don't have a dollar card.
Get a dollar card. Without one you won’t be able to make payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Naomijoddy: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
080Fadama:
Pls guys pls
I want to go for a one year post graduate diploma or certificate but is this risky because of the one year pgwp. Pls respond
No it’s not risky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adeiyanu3: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
PPR just landed! for a first time applicant. Both myself and my pregnant 🤰 wife for SOWP.

Upfront medical- 26th August
Submission of Application- 28th August
Biometrics- 5th Sept.
PPR- 15th September

Thanks to everyone on this platform. My prayer is that for everyone asking God for this miracle, God will perfect all within short period of time in Jesus name. Amen 🙏

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
God 🙏. I submitted since 28th July

Congratulations

Adeiyanu3:
PPR just landed! for a first time applicant. Both myself and my pregnant 🤰 wife for SOWP.

Biometrics- 5th Sept.
PPR- 15th September

Thanks to everyone on this platform. My prayer is that for everyone asking God for this miracle, God will perfect all within short period of time in Jesus name. Amen 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tweeny24: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Let him continue with the present passport, he can always renew from Canada when it close to expiry. All the best

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
The lord is your Strength Sister, No one talks about the struggles of being an international student, you can’t complain because ppl back home think you have it super good over here. He will surely make a way for you.
Husband - SOWP
Baby - VV

alexsim:
Greetings good people of Nairaland!

I am currently pursuing my studies in Canada, having commenced in the fall of 2023. It has been just under a month since I started my academic journey here. My study permit is valid for two years and includes a co-op program. During the application process, I found myself in a situation where I became pregnant, and it is almost 7 months old. The workload at school has become quite overwhelming, and I often find myself exhausted upon returning home from numerous classes and with so much assignments to deal with. Unfortunately, there is no available assistance for me.

Given these circumstances, I am interested in having my husband and our two-year-old daughter join me in Canada. I am seeking your advice on which type of visa would be the most suitable for them to apply for: a visitor visa or a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP)? While the SOWP option is a concrete plan, I want to explore all available options to ensure the best course of action for our situation.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kihem: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Adeiyanu3:

Biometrics- 5th Sept.
PPR- 15th September

Congratulations.

Please assist with details of SOP and POF and other information provided.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Can you get a new passport before the PPR, even if PPR drops he still has like 30days deadline. If it is possible to get it a new passport then I will suggest you work on it immediately, you can submit a new passport for stamping
tweeny24:
Hello Good day everyone
Please my kid brother just got a medical request for a 4 year bachelors degree course and I know that in like 2 weeks they will ask for his passport after passing medical…my problem now is that he has only 3 years validity left on his passport. Can we submit it like that? Or will it affect his application if we submit a 3 years valid passport for a 4 year visa…thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Adeiyanu3:

Biometrics- 5th Sept.
PPR- 15th September

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mairojesse(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thank you
Gentlesoul3268:

Don't waste your money for USA student visa 5 out of 100 Applicant gotten student visa from Nigeria.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mairojesse(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
So I will come up with lies to what purpose or aim. It is clear you didn't follow up with my message, everything happened in 2020, I didn't do biometrics, before I went for biometrics they sent a PFL stating that my acceptance letter was fake, that was the genesis of this problem, so I responded to the query I didn't hear from IRCC nobody told me anything, till this application already paid for $1,500 to Conestoga college. Everything was done by my uncle. Anyway we are in this thread to learn from each others. Thanks to everyone for your response
SAMadex11:
Please stop this framed write up, I never meant to be tough on you but this is absolutely lies either from you or your agent. Biometric last for 10 years? How come your agent doesn't know you've applied before? or you did Biometric twice ni??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ohem(m): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kaydelegend01: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
Big congrats bro.

I did my medicals on the 6th Sept, upfront, I attached the slip I was given, I did it in London cos we are currently based in the UK. Till now medicals has not changed to pass after I uploaded it before the final submission, its still showing u do not need medicals. Biometrics was done on the 11th top...it changed to completed almost immediately. Please any advise my ogas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OkoyeAka(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
The passport I submitted for stamping was different from the one I used for all application process, I submitted a new passport for stamping when my PPR landed
tweeny24:
Hello Good day everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Omoteeoye: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
The power of my God is so great!

PPR landed today in a miraculous way!!!
First time applicant, my wife and I did all processing ourselves.
All information gotten from this platform.

Student visa for myself
Work visa for spouse
Visa for 2Children

Timeline
Upfront medical: 31st July 2023
Application submission: 24th August
Biometrics : 8th September 2023
Passport Request: 15th September, 2023.

Documents submitted

IELTS results for both of us
1 year full tuition with sponsor's doc for 2nd year tuition
20k cad GIC
4m POF
10k cad investment certificate
Letters of introduction from work
Appointment letters
Promotion letters
Pay slip and mbs for my salary account
Tax certificate for husband
Letter of leave approval from work
CVs

Home ties

Valuation report, like 50m worth
Loads of pictures of siblings, and aged parents
Planned business upon return to nigeria
Car particulars

Evidence of source of income does not match POF.

Friends, obviously God did it as we saw lots of errors after we submitted.

You times of laughter too is coming in Jesus name. Just put your faith in the saving power God.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kaydelegend01: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
I did my medicals on the 6th Sept, upfront, I attached the slip I was given, I did it in London cos we are currently based in the UK. Till now medicals has not changed to pass after I uploaded it before the final submission, its still showing u do not need medicals. Biometrics was done on the 11th of sept as well...it changed to completed almost immediately. Please any advise my ogas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Adeiyanu3:

Biometrics- 5th Sept.
PPR- 15th September

Congratulations...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by goddyog: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Good evenin,

Please help!!
goddyog:
Good morning house,

I am back with my questions again.

Please for someone who studied criminology and graduated 2019 but has been teaching since 2020 and also a fashion designer (the fashion design is not registered) what is the best study route to take?

Again, for money constraint, can if i do a certificate course and get a 1 year work visa, can i still further my school in other to stay back because i dont intend returning back.

For home tie, we have a 2 bedroom bungalow and 2 piece of land, she has a property built by her father in her name( can we also use that). Then families and my work will give me a 1 year study leave. Are these enough for home ties?

Finally, i also intend going with my spouse, will she also get a 1 year spouse work permit? If yes can she go to school immediately i round up my own 1 year course?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omoteeoye:
The power of my God is so great!

PPR landed today in a miraculous way!!!
First time applicant, my wife and I did all processing ourselves.
All information gotten from this platform.

Student visa for myself
Work visa for spouse
Visa for 2Children

Timeline
Upfront medical: 31st July 2023
Application submission: 24th August
Biometrics : 8th September 2023
Passport Request: 15th September, 2023.

Documents submitted

IELTS results for both of us
1 year full tuition with sponsor's doc for 2nd year tuition
20k cad GIC
4m POF
10k cad investment certificate
Letters of introduction from work
Appointment letters
Promotion letters
Pay slip and mbs for my salary account
Tax certificate for husband
Letter of leave approval from work
CVs

Home ties

Valuation report, like 50m worth
Loads of pictures of siblings, and aged parents
Planned business upon return to nigeria
Car particulars

Evidence of source of income does not match POF.

Friends, obviously God did it as we saw lots of errors after we submitted.

You times of laughter too is coming in Jesus name. Just put your faith in the saving power God.
Congratulations. Glory be to GOD.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chrisomila: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lekiboboe:

Have you been working in a field related to Mechanical Engineering ?
yes but currently doing business.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vitalisphil: 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hello everyone. Good evening.
So my question is, if I submitted my application for admission(January intake) two months ago, aren't I supposed to have gotten my admission by now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alexsim: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hubby - SOWP
Baby - VV

The SOWP allows him stay for longer and worker to get more funds to support you, if he does VV, he has to be travelling and visiting staying up to six months at a time.

Thanks for the advise, however I would also like to know, is it not possible to change ur visitor visa to SOWP when you are there ? Since the time involve in processing SOWP is long and they have to be here asap due to my situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Helen2001: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
cryHello Everyone, please is there anyone that applied since ending of July and haven’t received a medical request? I applied for my Study Visa on the 23rd of July and did my biometrics on the 1st of August. Since then I haven’t received a medical request. Please guys, is everything okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
The school reserves the right to give admission as at when due, but should there be any delay you can message the school as a follow-up
Vitalisphil:
Hello everyone. Good evening.
So my question is, if I submitted my application for admission(January intake) two months ago, aren't I supposed to have gotten my admission by now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
Have you done medical before and uploaded the slip during submission?
Helen2001:
cryHello Everyone, please is there anyone that applied since ending of July and haven’t received a medical request? I applied for my Study Visa on the 23rd of July and did my biometrics on the 1st of August. Since then I haven’t received a medical request. Please guys, is everything okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kinggame1: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please how do one go about the biometrics. Can one book an appointment once the payment is made.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Wonder1844(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.