Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (412400 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2023
tosins:

Thanks . He already dropped the login details. Will all this be on the portal once I login ?

About gcm note , I heard is someone in Canada that can help apply for that , how true is this

You can't access those information/docs from the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Joedave25: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2023
Hello gentlemen and ladies.
I submitted passports of my kids for stamping at Abuja office through UPS courier - separate forms and passport in smaller envelope, then enclosed in a bigger envelope (one way) and paid N20k plus for the service. when it was ready for collection, I duplicated what looked like an indemnity form they emailed me and paid same N20k plus for delivery of the 3 passports. The next day I was called by a lady who mentioned I need to pay separate fees for the 3 passports.

Please I want to know from those of us in the same category whether that’s the way it works now. It’s a family package(my kids).

Pls your feedback will me know how next to approach VFS Abuja on this. I have asked the lady to email me directing me to pay for separate courier fees for the 3 passports if that’s the way they work now.

Waiting for responses guys!!! @ just wise
@justmellow and others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2023
Can I please get an answer? God bless
Crystalgirl:
Good morning my fellow nairalanders. I got an admission for a PGD supply chain management at Cape Breton University. My brother who lives in the US wants to be my sponsor and his wife who lives in Nigeria, a co-sponsor(she’s the head of our state liaison office) between the 2 of them, the POF is covered. I studied Pharmacology, graduated in 2012, finished Nysc in 2014. I’ve worked in 2 big retail pharmacies and I currently work as a research assistant at a federal government research institute, however I’ve been transitioning into tech. I have google data analytics professional certification, IBM machine learning specialization certificate, advanced python and AWS cloud computing certification. I’m 35years and single. My question is, I only have about 500k + in my salary account, cos I don’t earn so much. Would that be a problem for my SP application? We plan on paying first semester tuition fee. Please your help is urgently needed, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2023
No, the documents can't be access on the portal once submitted.
Two possible things went wrong which were stated in this generic CL
1. Your documentation lacks home ties
2. Insufficient finance this is due to wrong calculation on the POF
tosins:

Thanks 🙏🏾

He has dropped the login details with security questions. I heard gcm note can be applied for without his consent . I have the letter of correspondence which he shared with me as well .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2023
Good morning, awesome profile you have, but I am concerned about using a sponsor this is due to your age, individual sponsor works better below 30yrs at most 30. You should make the money available in your account.

Warning: As the study route has no age limit we should also take note that there is some age we attain using a sponsor will be a red flag most especially individual sponsorship, but a corporate (company, govt, community, church, etc.) sponsorship can work fine with any age.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean you shouldn't use individual sponsor if you are above 30yrs it might work for you, but I will not advise you to use a sponsor due to your age.
Crystalgirl:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lavaqueen(f): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2023
Crystalgirl:

It won't be a problem . Just explain everything well and provide necessary evidence needed to back it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ijeezlux(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2023
I was given an option to pay part of my tuition fee with flywire..... But I have been trying to use my naira card to complete the payment via flywire. But it's always showing me payment failed. I have tried several cards but the problem still persist. I also notice that flywire has remove naira bank transfer method. It's really really frustrating.
Please does anyone know any other better option to make the tuition fee payment through flywire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2023
Luada:
Please if I didn't write computer Science in my WAEC can I get admission into a computer Science program
Yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2023
omoluka:
Hello good people , please where can i get yellow fever card in Osun State?
Go to Asubiaro or Lautech Teaching Hospital, Osogbo.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2023
Idbell:
Please house ,how do I I pay for an application fee,my first bank master card is been declined
Use chipper Cash or these fintech apps.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alakara(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
Crystalgirl:
Good morning my fellow nairalanders. I got an admission for a PGD supply chain management at Cape Breton University. My brother who lives in the US wants to be my sponsor and his wife who lives in Nigeria, a co-sponsor(she’s the head of our state liaison office) between the 2 of them, the POF is covered. I studied Pharmacology, graduated in 2012, finished Nysc in 2014. I’ve worked in 2 big retail pharmacies and I currently work as a research assistant at a federal government research institute, however I’ve been transitioning into tech. I have google data analytics professional certification, IBM machine learning specialization certificate, advanced python and AWS cloud computing certification. I’m 35years and single. My question is, I only have about 500k + in my salary account, cos I don’t earn so much. Would that be a problem for my SP application? We plan on paying first semester tuition fee. Please your help is urgently needed, thank you.

Try and increase your Account. Your brother can also help you to increase your balance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by otunbadan(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=Inessa post=125926959][/quote]

None what so ever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
ijeezlux:
I was given an option to pay part of my tuition fee with flywire..... But I have been trying to use my naira card to complete the payment via flywire. But it's always showing me payment failed. I have tried several cards but the problem still persist. I also notice that flywire has remove naira bank transfer method. It's really really frustrating.
Please does anyone know any other better option to make the tuition fee payment through flywire

There is a daily limit on your card which is about 3,000,000 if I’m correct.
If you payment is above the limit, the payment will fail.
So be able to do this, you can use the bank transfer option, which means your bank limit must be higher than the amount you want to pay to flywire.

If you are using Access bank, you can increase your limit in-app up to 25m.
Note: if you are using bank transfer option, do not make payment twice, the payment must be a single payment.
Best option is for you to walk into the bank and make the transfer.

I paid my tuition fee using flywire and access bank allowed me to increase my daily transfer limit. And I didn’t the payment once.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ijeezlux(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Augrere2022:

There is a daily limit on your card which is about 3,000,000 if I’m correct.
If you payment is above the limit, the payment will fail.
So be able to do this, you can use the bank transfer option, which means your bank limit must be higher than the amount you want to pay to flywire.

If you are using Access bank, you can increase your limit in-app up to 25m.
Note: if you are using bank transfer option, do not make payment twice, the payment must be a single payment.
Best option is for you to walk into the bank and make the transfer.

I paid my tuition fee using flywire and access bank allowed me to increase my daily transfer limit. And I didn’t the payment once.

Thanks . But the bank transfer option has been removed. I even called flywire customer care, and they confirmed it that it has been removed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tosins(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
JMG12:
No, the documents can't be access on the portal once submitted.
Two possible things went wrong which were stated in this generic CL
1. Your documentation lacks home ties
2. Insufficient finance this is due to wrong calculation on the POF

Thanks again. Please what do you think I should do , I plan to apply to other schools cuz the school has already resumed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tosins(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
zubizareta:

You can't access those information/docs from the portal.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hardeydara213(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
Can someone pls help me on my choice of school or admission because I have done that twice still I was denied... Though the last one may be because of late arrival of transcript from my school...Pls help cause I need to reapply again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
ijeezlux:

Thanks . But the bank transfer option has been removed. I even called flywire customer care, and they confirmed it that it has been removed

Do you have a dom account?
I will advise you use dom account,
Source for USD from the black market, pay to you dom account and use Form A to send to flywire.
This is even cheaper compared to paying with naira.
You can do the calculation and see the difference.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
This just shattered my heart, cos I think I’m completely out of time, given that I have to let the money sit in my account for at least 4 months. I was hoping on starting the application in December. Thank you very much for your advice.
JMG12:
Good morning, awesome profile you have, but I am concerned about using a sponsor this is due to your age, individual sponsor works better below 30yrs at most 30. You should make the money available in your account.

Warning: As the study route has no age limit we should also take note that there is some age we attain using a sponsor will be a red flag most especially individual sponsorship, but a corporate (company, govt, community, church, etc.) sponsorship can work fine with any age.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean you shouldn't use individual sponsor if you are above 30yrs it might work for you, but I will not advise you to use a sponsor due to your age.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
Thank you very much, I appreciate.
Lavaqueen:

It won't be a problem . Just explain everything well and provide necessary evidence needed to back it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
you should defer the admission
tosins:

Thanks again. Please what do you think I should do , I plan to apply to other schools cuz the school has already resumed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Okay thank you very much.
alakara:

Try and increase your Account. Your brother can also help you to increase your balance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
There is always a way out
Crystalgirl:
This just shattered my heart, cos I think I’m completely out of time, given that I have to let the money sit in my account for at least 4 months. I was hoping on starting the application in December. Thank you very much for your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
Please what possible way would you suggest in this case?
JMG12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2023
Can I please send you an email?
JMG12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by taymmy: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
Good afternoon, my admission was deferred to winter JAN 2024 a week after i got my visa. The school has requested that i upload my new LOA into my IRCC portal. Someone said there is no need for that since my application has been completed. What do you advise pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
tosins:

Thanks 🙏🏾

He has dropped the login details with security questions. I heard gcm note can be applied for without his consent . I have the letter of correspondence which he shared with me as well .
Various reasons could contribute to this.
Your SOP and application not providing sufficient supporting docs
Insufficient funds.
Weak economic ties.

It can be addressed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
Crystalgirl:

Your personal contribution to your study is not significant (from your statement of having only 500k). Having finished nysc over 9 years ago, ideally you should significantly contribute to your study atkeast living expenses. This also makes using your job as economic ties a weak one. So you will need strong economic and home ties to convince the VO that you will leave Canada immediately after study.

Can only your brother sponsor you? And let him demonstrate his ability to do that that transferring a cash gift covered by gift deed as support for your living expenses and also paying the first semester tuition from his acct and write a sponsorship letter pledging to cover the tuition balance.
Ensure to provide all supporting docs and convince the VO why he should sponsor you and why he is capable to sponsor you. Prove relationship with him.

Finally. Don't be discouraged by your age, just ensure your SOP is tight and buttresses on the economic and home ties that will bring you back home after your study.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
Luada:
Please if I didn't write computer Science in my WAEC can I get admission into a computer Science program
Yes you can without computer science,highly recommended subject for that is mathematics..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
taymmy:
Good afternoon, my admission was deferred to winter JAN 2024 a week after i got my visa. The school has requested that i upload my new LOA into my IRCC portal. Someone said there is no need for that since my application has been completed. What do you advise pls.
Listen to your school and upload it on irrc portal via webform to avoid unnecessary questioning at POE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
May God bless you so much for this encouragement. My brother is actually solely taking care of everything. We only started considering his wife because he doesn’t have the bulk money readily available, however he intends to pay my first semester tuition from the US. I will explore the options you provided and may have to privately contact you in the area of the SOP. Thanks a lot.
zubizareta:

Your personal contribution to your study is not significant (from your statement of having only 500k). Having finished nysc over 9 years ago, ideally you should significantly contribute to your study atkeast living expenses. This also makes using your job as economic ties a weak one. So you will need strong economic and home ties to convince the VO that you will leave Canada immediately after study.

Can only your brother sponsor you? And let him demonstrate his ability to do that that transferring a cash gift covered by gift deed as support for your living expenses and also paying the first semester tuition from his acct and write a sponsorship letter pledging to cover the tuition balance.
Ensure to provide all supporting docs and convince the VO why he should sponsor you and why he is capable to sponsor you. Prove relationship with him.

Finally. Don't be discouraged by your age, just ensure your SOP is tight and buttresses on the economic and home ties that will bring you back home after your study.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nero086: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
Good evening everyone.
Please who is in Coast mountain college or applied to Coast mountain college? I just recieved admission letter for May 2024 intake and I need to know the deadline for payment of tuition deposit. It wasn't specified in the letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Crews and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.