Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,549 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407612 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
My biometrics has been postponed from 31st to 3rd of next month. Anyone here also experienced such?

Location, Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please what is the size of the passport requirement for visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hello guys, good afternoon
Please I need advice from you guys.. my study permit application got rejected twice I used a third party sponsor which an organization for my indigenous town and I have also paid my one year tuition but they still rejected me. Please can I change my sponsor to my father? I hope it won’t affect me due to my previous application because I already stated that my study will be sponsored by the organization and I have paid my one year tuition. Please find attached my last GCMS note

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Windblown2much:
My biometrics has been postponed from 31st to 3rd of next month. Anyone here also experienced such?

Location, Lagos
Because of such problem, I changed my centre from lagos to Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MizMyColi(f): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
JMG12:
Good morning,
What is the duration of his program, and how much is the tuition fee?
A 16-month course is equivalent to 2 years.
Yes, he could've done a deed of gift on the family property.

Ohhh
I see.
So we should have made the amount up to two years.
The course duration is 16 months.
The tuition was 21,225 CAD, but that was paid in full.
But just to confirm, if we have the full POF for two years, we don't need to show how much salary he earns, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by onyekachee(f): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
jakeroberto:

This is enough as long as tuition is not in the 12m.
not at all,like I said the full tuition has been paid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
jakeroberto:

Because of such problem, I changed my centre from lagos to Abuja.
I didn't know this is possible o.. so there is a way I can change my center from Lagos to Abuja? vice versa!

Pls when did u change urs? cause when I was registering I couldn't get an appointment in Abuja

Btw I reside in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
Yes
ObodoNaija:

Please are you the one that sent me an email. Just wanted to be sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by onyekachee(f): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
JumaiAdama:
Please I need advice from you guys.. my study permit application got rejected twice I used a third party sponsor which an organization for my indigenous town and I have also paid my one year tuition but they still rejected me. Please can I change my sponsor to my father? I hope it won’t affect me due to my previous application because I already stated that my study will be sponsored by the organization and I have paid my one year tuition. Please find attached my last GCMS note
it seems they noticed that the 10m for living expenses was later transfered from your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lawajo: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2023
Good day House. Does anyone knows school that still open for January admission for public health
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Republic001: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
Pls dose of you that uses sponsor and reapplied after refusal..pls how did u explain the lump sum that was earlier sent you as POF...help a brother pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joanna13(f): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
MizMyColi:

Thank you for this.
My bro was also denied for the same reasons.
1. He may not leave Canada at the end of the study due to no strong ties.
2. The money is insufficient without working
3. The money is won't be enough to transport him to and fro Canada.

He had 11 million in the account, with full school fees paid. We showed evidence of land sale for the bulk money.

My question is, for a single person like him, what else can he show that will prove strong ties.
We included a letter from his employer, but we did not include anything about the payment he gets because it is too small (about 70k). Should we have included it like that?

Please, experienced people in the house, advise on what we can do better.

Can he include our family properties even though they are not in his name? Is the 11 million too small for a 16 months course? Please help.

Telling them you sell one of your land to finance the POF, is an indication that you won't come back to Nigeria. Might be wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2023
kc6964:
Does opening balance really matter for proof of funds?

Please how do you mean by Opening balance?
You mean the amount the account was Opened with ? Or the initial amount from 1st month where you started printing the account statement?

Please throw more light on it 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
Daveconsult007:

Please how do you mean by Opening balance?
You mean the amount the account was Opened with ? Or the initial amount from 1st month where you started printing the account statement?

Please throw more light on it 🙏

Yes o. I mean the 1st month I started printing the account statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
JumaiAdama:

Sorry for the refusal
1. The funds that was transferred to you by the union was sent out of your account, why did you send it out?
2. You did not provide any document that shows why the union is sponsoring you, I also suspect you did not explain the relationship between you and the union(you need documents to back this up)
3. There was no financial commitment on your part, it is like the only funds you showed were the one sent by the union which you even dissipated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
kc6964:

Yes o. I mean the 1st month I started printing the account statement.

Yes, it matters especially when the balance is low compared to the closing balance. This is if the start of the statement is within the period you are printing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chinaza93(f): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
JumaiAdama:

Pls how long did it take for dem to send ur GCMs note

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MmJam: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
Obi102001:

Hi Guys ,
please anyone with knowledge of suitable accommodation ( shared ) in Niagara College,Niagara-on-the-lake campus ?

I need this asap for the Fall 2023 semester.

Hello, I'm coming to Niagara college in Jan.2024, Niagara on the lake campus, please help me out, how do I get suitable accommodation.please I need your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MmJam: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
HonWise:
Hello Friends,

If you are coming to Niagara College Welland Campus, I have 2 suitable room for student, 1 minute walk to bus stop, grocery stores near by. It is a new basement, kitchen furnished but rooms are not. Reach me for enquiries, available for immediate occupation, beyond September 1st it may no longer be available.

Success to everyone waiting for PPR, safe travel to those enroute.

Hello, I'm coming to Niagara college in Jan.2024, Niagara on the lake campus, please help me out, how do I get suitable accommodation.please I need your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
IOM just sent me my medical result......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
jakeroberto:
IOM just sent me my medical result......
Came out after 4 days of doing my medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MizMyColi(f): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
joanna13:

Telling them you sell one of your land to finance the POF, is an indication that you won't come back to Nigeria. Might be wrong.

I feel like this makes sense. Perhaps, a better option would have been to show other properties and assets too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MizMyColi(f): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

"With the current exchange rate, it's hard to believe that 8M can cover your study visa expenses for Canada." 🌍💸. I will recommend increasing your budget.

It will end in praise

Please which exchange rate do the visa officers use, the Canada one or the black market one? Really need clarification on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pretty1986: 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
jakeroberto:

I started my process as of last year, but I canceled my admission because I haven't prepared my POF yet.
1st week of June, I got another admission, and by then I have started fixing my account.
My international passport took my whole time, I got it after capturing on the 14th of July, on the 20th of September.
That was when my application was started by my sister.
My biometrics was booked for 13th of October, I had to reschedule it because I had something to do in Lagos by 17th. So I moved it to 20th of October.
Medicals was scheduled in Abuja for 23rd also and a letter of sent to me this morning through my sister to submit my passport.
good evening,pls which school can someone study Masters degree in Nursing and she wants to travel with her Family.pls reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by vonn(f): 1:43am On Oct 27, 2023
Teettyllayho:
Hello guys, please I need your help oooo. I haven't been able to sleep well. I applied to CNA and Sheridan since June but didn't get admission. I was asked to submit some documents and after that didn't hear anything from them.

I also applied to Conestoga on August 24th but after asked to resubmit some documents, I was on the wait list.

Since January is no longer feasible, please can you guys help out and let me know which schools give admission fast. I don't know if it's my study gap of 8 years that's affecting me though. Please if you also know of any school giving admission for Januray intake please let me know.

Also note that I got admission into a non-DLI school (Oulton College), but I'm not sure if it'll be easy to switch to another school when I get to Canada or get the refund of the $3000 deposit. Please help out with any information you can give out about any of the above. Thank you.

Please how were you able to successfully pay your application fee to CNA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lyndaoyewole(f): 1:54am On Oct 27, 2023
please oh, i have a sister who has sowp, 1 vv child & 2 study visa kids. wakanow is claiming she must buy return tickets. sowp traveller's how did you do it? must the student visa holders buy return tickets? who travelled recently with egyptair?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chivincent: 2:15am On Oct 27, 2023
molik234:
Allihamdulilah Allihamdulilah Allihamdulilah

Wife main applicant
SOWP for husband
Vv for our darling daughter

PPR for family of 3 just dropped now!
All thanks to God Almighty My sincere appreciation goes to @Zubizareta🌹🌹🌹 for his professionalism in the SOP write up and proper documentation.

Application timeline
Application submitted 9th of September
Medical was done on the 11th September
Biometrics was done on the 22nd September
Medical request came again on the 28th Sept
So, we sent our medical result through webform to IRCC again.

PPR dropped today 11th October 2023

Documents submitted
Letter of acceptance
Admission letter
Course registration
Letter of enrollment
Tuition deposit receipt

Proof of fund
-My wife bank statement
-My bank statement
-Employment letter
-Six month pay slips
-Study leave letter
-Introduction letter from employer
-Deed of gift of developed landed property generating income from dad as wedding and second best graduating student
-Document of the gifted asset ( survey & Land receipt).
-Tenancy agreement of my property and photocopy of receipt issued to some tenants
-Receipt of Tuition deposit
-Notarized sponsorship letter from husband to wife
-wedding certificate
-Employment letter of the husband
-promotion letter
- Payslip
-introduction letter
-Documents of landed asset own by husband
-Deed of assignment and receipt
-Gift deed of cash from husband to wife to demonstrate availability of the money to her

Client information
Statement of purpose ( 13 pages).
Husband and wife CV
Waec certificate
First degree
Academic transcript
Microsoft Professional certifications
Husband request letter of absent
Leave of absent approval
Weddings pictures
Family pictures
Birth certificate
Extended family pictures
Wedding certificate
Affidavit of change of name
Newspaper publication

I wish everyone best of luck in this struggle.

Congrats 🎉 , I tap into your blessing🙏🏻

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 3:42am On Oct 27, 2023
Is the organization notable for offering scholarships? Did you discuss how you merited the scholarship, why the organization is granting you a scholarship, your relationship to them, previous scholarships awarded by the organization and most importantly, the organization’s profile? Your submission was weak if you did not address most of these questions.
To answer your question, you can change sponsor and provide an explanation
JumaiAdama:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 3:45am On Oct 27, 2023
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E
MizMyColi:

Please which exchange rate do the visa officers use, the Canada one or the black market one? Really need clarification on this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 3:52am On Oct 27, 2023
University of Ottawa and Thompson Rivers University
pretty1986:
good evening,pls which school can someone study Masters degree in Nursing and she wants to travel with her Family.pls reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MizMyColi(f): 5:47am On Oct 27, 2023
zubizareta:

Sorry for the refusal. Yes you can use property sale deposited as lump sum. However, be ready to demonstrate the availability of the funds by making a school expenses either paying tuition or doing GIC. Also, it's important to note that you must be careful and package your sop to be detailed and convincing that you will return. That's where your economic and home ties comes in because selling an asset off to fund your education could be interpreted as you selling off your stuffs with no intention of leaving Canada especially if your economic ties are weak and you have no much other assets left after selling off one.

Order for Gcms notes. But before then, what exactly was the content of the sponsorship letter? Were they to cover the full sponsorship? What documents did the company submit? Did you submit your statement of acct, payslips etc? Was your statement of acct holding unexplained lump sums and were the funds there sufficient to cover your living expenses, Miscellaneous cost??

Please this GIC, is it for regular stream or for NSE.
Also, can I send you a DM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: chidekings(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.