Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,351 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (402601 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mmaezuo: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hi

Please you can send an email.

I just sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adex2442: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2023
What course would u guys suggest for a mechanical engineering HND holder?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Luada:

Concordia university Montreal Quebec,
Bachelor in Computer Science.

The country specific admission requirement for this programme for Nigerians is WAEC, with a provision that you must have a minimum C is Mathematics. I did not see where they requested for transcripts.

At best send them your WAEC details and scratch card PIN so they can log into WAEC portal and see your grades there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
Adex2442:
What course would u guys suggest for a mechanical engineering HND holder?

It depends on your study gap time and your present work experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adex2442: 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

It depends on your study gap time and your present work experience.

Study gap is just 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

I believe you have been working, so that should be your explanation for the study gap, in truth getting schools that accept 3rd class is difficult, is there any particular reason why you want event Management?

Thank you I want event management because I am an event planner, I have a registered company for it sef..,.I have been doing event for the past 5years, I have passion for it and I also thought it would be good to back up in my statement of purpose
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Themillionman:

Thank you I want event management because I am an event planner, I have a registered company for it sef..,.I have been doing event for the past 5years, I have passion for it and I also thought it would be good to back up in my statement of purpose

I have not seen an Event management course, closely related course could be project management under Post Graduate Diploma level.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
Adex2442:

Study gap is just 2 years

So on one can really choose a course for you, as it is now you can look for course related to Mechanical Engineering or what you do presently. The work will be explaining it in your SOP. At the end you also need to be genuinely interested in the course to do well in it when you get to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by b0b0000: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
smiglet001:
Good morning people...

I am going for my biometric capturing today

From Berger, by public transport, how do I get to Lekki phase 1?

Thanks in advance for your response

Hi, Hope this isn't too late.

From Berger, get a vehicle to Lekki-Ajah, then drop at Ikate (third round-about), when you drop there, VFS is in the street just opposite where you drop.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ibrolink: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
Good evening.. I saw your post on nairaland, about the accommodation..... I'm coming to sudbury by August next month, I need accommodation if I can get true your side please let's connect on my WHATSAPP... +2347065433566. Or.2348024760961
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ahaisibwe(f): 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hello guys l had posted a while ago about my submission of my study permit application on 27th june biometrics were done on 3rd july and updated on the same date and there has been no update on my application since l please wanted advise and help from u guys if l should send a webform or just wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Phamoxy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
This is the gcms note of the application I submitted on June 3rd and that was refused on June 23. Please any suggestions on what to do or add in my next application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
Phamoxy:
This is the gcms note of the application I submitted on June 3rd and that was refused on June 23. Please any suggestions on what to do or add in my next application.

It's simple VO not satisfied you legitimately earned such money. I want to assume you put your payslips and employment details. What was your opening balance. You can list the supporting docs you attached to the application for your job.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ChikaIJ55: 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hello everyone.

I have paid my deposit of 1,500 CAD dollars at Conestoga college and I'm currently preparing my POF.

What amount can be shown in the POF?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

The country specific admission requirement for this programme for Nigerians is WAEC, with a provision that you must have a minimum C is Mathematics. I did not see where they requested for transcripts.

At best send them your WAEC details and scratch card PIN so they can log into WAEC portal and see your grades there.

While speaking with one of the schools official I was told to submit my grade 11 results that my ss2 transcript and when given a conditional admissions the school in which I wrote my WAEC will email my results, check on their website you will see that it called official transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Inikay: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ahaisibwe:
Hello guys l had posted a while ago about my submission of my study permit application on 27th june biometrics were done on 3rd july and updated on the same date and there has been no update on my application since l please wanted advise and help from u guys if l should send a webform or just wait

The processing time is 6 weeks,I think you should wait for a bit, you can start raising webform after six weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by faithee01: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Please who submitted passport to vsf lagos recently?
I submitted since 10th of July...
Still no response yet...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Luada:

While speaking with one of the schools official I was told to submit my grade 11 results that my ss2 transcript and when given a conditional admissions the school in which I wrote my WAEC will email my results, check on their website you will see that it called official transcript.

Then get your sec school to send the transcript of your grades to them, it does not matter whether you missed a term, so long as you have completed WAEC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
faithee01:
Please who submitted passport to vsf lagos recently?
I submitted since 10th of July...
Still no response yet...

You mean no acknowledgement at all?
I know someone you submitted same date whose passport has been sent to IRCC for stamping.
Just as some people have submitted after the same date and have received their stamped passports.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
Better you look for another school if you can’t meet up with all their conditions, because no one can help here only the school.

Sorry bro, to save yourself this wahala because I noticed you have been asking this question for awhile now.

Luada:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
Relax bro, the next update from IRCC would be medical request the same thing happened to a friend of mine

Ahaisibwe:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ahaisibwe(f): 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Inikay:

Thank u for ur response

The processing time is 6 weeks,I think you should wait for a bit, you can start raising webform after six weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mmcandy21: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hi fam, i got admission to fanshawe college in toronto, i am about to submit my visa application but the issue is i was deported from turkey in april because i got my visa from tanzania and not nigeria. Do i need to put the details of the deportation in the space where it asked that question or i can omit it if their embassies do not share information with each other. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by StanOyiga72: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
Phamoxy:

What documents did you submit to prove your available funds and did you try to explain lump sums? I believe you would get better assistance if you clearly state all documents you submitted for this application. And stay positive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Phamoxy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
zubizareta:

It's simple VO not satisfied you legitimately earned such money. I want to assume you put your payslips and employment details. What was your opening balance. You can list the supporting docs you attached to the application for your job.

Opening Balance was 17m plus, I included employment letter and promotion letters, reference letter from work, study leave, first semester payment receipt, but I didn't include payslip, but I intend to include it in the new application now.
Should I still add to the POF considering the recent exchange rate or I use the previous one and just add documents to show how the forms were accumulated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by faithee01: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You mean no acknowledgement at all?
I know someone you submitted same date whose passport has been sent to IRCC for stamping.
Just as some people have submitted after the same date and have received their stamped passports.

I got acknowledgement on Wednesday that it has been sent to Canadian visa office in Abuja. But since then , No email, No mesg from them at all..
I tried tracking and it keeps saying it is with the Canadian visa office abuja. I am concerned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
faithee01:

I got acknowledgement on Wednesday that it has been sent to Canadian visa office in Abuja. But since then , No email, No mesg from them at all..
I tried tracking and it keeps saying it is with the Canadian visa office abuja. I am concerned

No cause for alarm, before the week ends you will receive another message, I suspect they have even sent yours to VFS, it just VFS that is delaying in sending updates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
Phamoxy:

Opening Balance was 17m plus, I included employment letter and promotion letters, reference letter from work, study leave, first semester payment receipt, but I didn't include payslip, but I intend to include it in the new application now.
Should I still add to the POF considering the recent exchange rate or I use the previous one and just add documents to show how the forms were accumulated?

Payslip cud have been the issue. What was the rate when you submitted??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duhreen: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I made my study permit application this evening with my UBA dollar card. After inputting my card details,I saw a message on the site, saying payment would be verified after 24hours. After a while I logged back into my account just to be sure and my application still hasn’t submitted and it’s even saying “not submitted to ircc”. I tried paying with my card again and it kept saying “transaction declined” like 3x.

so I decided to stop and call UBA customer service to understand what’s happening. The customer care rep I spoke with told me the transaction went through from their end and that I should contact the body I made the payment to. Please I don’t know what to do about it at this point.
All suggestions would be appreciated please. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
AskGod07:

Better you look for another school if you can’t meet up with all their conditions, because no one can help here only the school.

Sorry bro, to save yourself this wahala because I noticed you have been asking this question for awhile now.

Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Luada(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Then get your sec school to send the transcript of your grades to them, it does not matter whether you missed a term, so long as you have completed WAEC

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lindyadam: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
Good evening guys, please has anyone collected their stamped passport recently?. What was the process because someone said in person collection is not allowed. Is there courier service reliable?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Adetoye123, ekeson45(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.