Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407777 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sefe95(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12
Vegasss:

Drop your WhatsApp number so I can add you
I will like to join too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 12:42am On Jan 13
deking:

I'd like to study a design related course like Animation, and interactive media, but I was told that my grades are only suitable for Business management related courses. And only 2 colleges are likely to give me an admission because of my grades.

It depends on the program you want. A bit more details would help experts in the house to advise correctly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bmuhd4smile: 2:25am On Jan 13
Hello guys ... what's the visa chance for someone that wants to declare two masters to apply for a post graduate certificate of 1 year in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 5:38am On Jan 13
JMG12:
if you are talking about airfare with some logistics "YES", but if tuition fees and other fees "No". The yes depends on the size of your family.
Am the only one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 6:40am On Jan 13
Personally I would not declare the 2 M.Sc degrees to pursue a P.G certificate.
After all requirements for most P.G certs are O' level. It's a personal opinion.. Please wait to here opinions from other experienced people in the house too.
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello guys ... what's the visa chance for someone that wants to declare two masters to apply for a post graduate certificate of 1 year in canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 6:49am On Jan 13
TunnyOgunnowo:

Hello when you sent the updates POF, was it same amount in your account in your initial application that was in the updated POF? Or you had increased the funds in the POF?

Major reason I'm asking.

If at the time of application, you had enough funds for your studies going by the exchange rate at the time.. But after submitting your application, exchange rate has gone way up making the funds in your POF insufficient.

What should one do in this case? They have currently not asked for an updated POF though. Just asking so I can prepare.

Regarding the request for an updated bank statement by the visa officer. There could be a few reasons why they require this information.

One possibility is that they may want to confirm if the funds you initially presented are still available in your account. This is a common practice to ensure that the financial documentation provided aligns with the current status of your finances.

Another possibility is that the visa officer may need to assess whether the amount you currently have in your account meets the Proof of Funds (POF) requirements. This could be due to fluctuations in the exchange rate, where the current exchange rate may have increased and rendered the amount you previously provided as insufficient.

To address this request, it would be advisable to present an updated bank statement that reflects the current exchange rate at the time of submission. This will help provide a more accurate representation of your financial situation and meet the visa officer's requirements.

Please ensure that the new bank statement clearly shows the available funds, the current exchange rate, and any necessary information to support your application.

Please note that these suggestions are based on my personal opinion.

I hope this information is helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Upward2024: 6:59am On Jan 13
Dear house,
I received passport request yesterday but my passport expires in 2026 while my program is till 2027. Do I need to apply for a new passport or submit the current one. My program already started.

Can I submit my passport at any vfs center as my biometric was done in Nigeria but I am currently not in Nigeria.

How long after passport submission is the passport return.

I am heading to Memorial University and I would need help with accommodation. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bettypro(f): 7:05am On Jan 13
Good morning house, please I need the advice of the gurus on this thread. My visa application has been approved and I have received my stamped passport. However, I listed my partner as one of my home ties, I even included pictures of us from 2019 till date, stating that I would come back after my study to get married.

Now, he wants us to get married before I leave in April 2024.

1) If we get married in April, do I need to inform IRCC of the change in my marital status and most importantly, would that not raise concerns?

2) Is there a duration people need to be married for before they can apply for SOWP? If I have to get married, I would want him to join me, maybe after six months or a year.

Please I need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 7:06am On Jan 13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bettypro(f): 7:32am On Jan 13
kc6964:

Please, I need your advice.

Good morning house, please I need the advice of the gurus on this thread. My visa application has been approved and I have received my stamped passport. However, I listed my partner as one of my home ties, I even included pictures of us from 2019 till date, stating that I would come back after my study to get married.

1) If we get married in April, do I need to inform IRCC of the change in my marital status and most importantly, would that not raise concerns?

2) Is there a duration people need to be married for before they can apply for SOWP? If I have to get married, I would want him to join me, maybe after six months or a year.

Please I need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bmuhd4smile: 8:01am On Jan 13
Educhopper:
Personally I would not declare the 2 M.Sc degrees to pursue a P.G certificate.
After all requirements for most P.G certs are O' level. It's a personal opinion.. Please wait to here opinions from other experienced people in the house too.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 8:20am On Jan 13
HealthCoach1:
Hello, please I need guidance on the step by step process for Canada study visa application with spouse and dependent child.
Thanks

Same here too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 8:31am On Jan 13
Bettypro:

Please I need advice.

You guys can just get married quietly. Nobody will know. Both of can just go registry and get married.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 8:41am On Jan 13
Predator188:

But you don't have company grin grin what you have is business Name
Even as a person that have a registered business if the inflow in your account is not consistent or funds are not regularly deposited or the money is just sitting in the bank,they will still refuse the application based on family ties outside Canada even if balance is 5million naira..but 800k naira is just 1,121cad

I think wat I need is solution or a guide on what to do....u didn't give me any information here....if you can say something I don't know please.,....or something really progressive...I will appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 8:47am On Jan 13
JMG12:
Now it is obvious that you don't have sufficient funds, all that money can't be available in your sponsor's account while you have less than a million naira, the VO want you to be able to access the funds, increase the money in your account before you reapply.

Thank you so much...increasing the money ...and also ... is it important I use my business account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 9:04am On Jan 13
Emmy2011:
Dear fellow Nigeria student aspiring to student in conestoga college, A group has been created strictly for Nigerian student kindly join the group if you are for september intake
September Intake 2024,

Join the WhatsApp group and link up with your fellow course mates .

Group is strictly for Nigeria students and strictly for September INTAKE

https:///DpKBrl636dfKC8Jf5PCSmo

When MAY Intake own o?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 9:32am On Jan 13
Bettypro:

Please, I need your advice.

Please I need advice.

I suggest you consider the option of getting married before relocating. Once you arrive in Canada, you can then apply for your partner spouse open work permit within a month or two of your arrival. There is no specific time, as long as you can provide a valid explanation for your partner's need to join you in Canada.

During your spouse open work permit application, it is important to emphasize the significance of your relationship and the support you need from each other, such as financial or emotional support, can further strengthen your application. This can be explained in your application as the basis for your spouse open work permit request.

The application process may require documentation such as a marriage certificate and wedding pictures, which can help to strengthen your case.

While I have provided answers to a few of your questions, I must inform you that I am not an expert in this field and I may not have all the information you seek. Therefore, I suggest waiting for a knowledgeable professional to provide comprehensive answers to the remaining questions.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by moyinoluwalope: 11:39am On Jan 13
Happy weekend Nairalander
is there a group i can join on telegram or whatsapp for selkirk college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lyndaoyewole(f): 11:40am On Jan 13
for a minor using vv to travel, obviously needing a return ticket. what airline is best to purchase return ticket from? must she buy one-way return ticket from the same airline as the departure airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Michael326: 12:07pm On Jan 13
I applied to college of North Atlantic,if you don't mind sending an email ifeanyimichael326@gmail.com
MIMZBEAUTYHAVEN:
Hello everybody, please i am new here. I have some questions to ask.
I want to apply to College of the north atlantic canada, please will there accept my secondary school transcript for just ss2 and ss3? Because i did my ss1 at a different school. I look forward to a reply. Thank you!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hope95: 12:10pm On Jan 13
Good Morning Family, Please I'm wondering if there is any Whatsapp or Telegram Link/Group of Students in Canadore College, Mississauga Ontario.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 12:17pm On Jan 13
Good day Nairalanders please I need help with template of property survey documents and also gift of deeds
vandaatroy@gmail.com please if I can get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by opebajo11: 1:05pm On Jan 13
Hello everyone,

My application has been messed up by an agent. He submitted fictitious documents and other information that are not true about me.

Problem started when he refused to drop login credentials to my IRCC application portal and he was acting suspicious, so I decided to verify every document that he sent me.

LOA for Conestoga College, course: Information Technology Business Analysis (1372). This was fake. School responded to my mail that information on the LOA does not match their record.

After so much pressure in November 2023 to know the status of my application and requesting for my login credentials to IRCC portal or screenshot of my dashboard and email he used to submit my application. He sent me a refusal letter dated barely 2 weeks after my biometrics. Date on refusal letter, March 29, 2023. I did my biometrics March 16, 2023.

At this point, it was dawn on me that I have been a victim of a bad agent. So I went further to order for GCMS notes+documents. See below the GCMS note:

Text: The applicant has not provided a plan of studies. As such, the applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies.
The applicant did not demonstrate that he/she is sufficiently well established and would leaveCanada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
Bank statement comes from a microfinance bank and is unverifiable. I am not satisfied that sufficient funds will be available for the applicant's studies.
I'm not satisfied on balance that the eligibility requirements of R216 are met and that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a temporary stay.

The bank statement too was probably a fake one, but thankfully I was not issued a ban.

After carefully looking at the information and documentation he submitted I noticed whole lot of errors:

He stated that I’m single. I have two kids and legally married

Wrong Mother's and Father's name

Gave me LOA for Conestoga College, course: Information Technology Business Analysis (1372). This was fake

Different course submitted on application:

STUDY PERMIT
School: Designated Learning Inst-NL
DLI Name: Memorial University of Newfoundland
Level of Study: University - Master's Deg.
Authorization Level: Any Designated Post Secondary Institution
Field of Study: Business/Mgmt/Marketing

He lied that I graduated with first class from a fictitious University with fake course Financial Accounting

My real course was Computer Science

Now my questions is:

If at any point VO would make reference to previous applications submitted while reviewing a new one.
OR
new application will be assessed on its own merits as stated on the refusal letter?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chrisifeanyi: 1:09pm On Jan 13
lyndaoyewole:
for a minor using vv to travel, obviously needing a return ticket. what airline is best to purchase return ticket from? must she buy one-way return ticket from the same airline as the departure airline?
You don't need return ticket. You just need VR at POE for the minor to start school. Except you actually want the child to come back.
Minors are given vv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bettypro(f): 1:35pm On Jan 13
kc6964:

I suggest you consider the option of getting married before relocating. Once you arrive in Canada, you can then apply for your partner spouse open work permit within a month or two of your arrival. There is no specific time, as long as you can provide a valid explanation for your partner's need to join you in Canada.

During your spouse open work permit application, it is important to emphasize the significance of your relationship and the support you need from each other, such as financial or emotional support, can further strengthen your application. This can be explained in your application as the basis for your spouse open work permit request.

The application process may require documentation such as a marriage certificate and wedding pictures, which can help to strengthen your case.

While I have provided answers to a few of your questions, I must inform you that I am not an expert in this field and I may not have all the information you seek. Therefore, I suggest waiting for a knowledgeable professional to provide comprehensive answers to the remaining questions.

Thank you so much for your response, so do I need to inform IRCC of my change in status when I get married?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:01pm On Jan 13
Using a business account/profile attracts many documents you should know. Increasing the amount in your account lets almost all the money be available in your account.
Themillionman:

Thank you so much...increasing the money ...and also ... is it important I use my business account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:08pm On Jan 13
You are lucky that you were not issued a ban for fake admission, every application will be accessed on its merit but the difference shouldn't be much.
All the best!
opebajo11:
Hello everyone,

My application has been messed up by an agent. He submitted fictitious documents and other information that are not true about me.

Problem started when he refused to drop login credentials to my IRCC application portal and he was acting suspicious, so I decided to verify every document that he sent me.

LOA for Conestoga College, course: Information Technology Business Analysis (1372). This was fake. School responded to my mail that information on the LOA does not match their record.

After so much pressure in November 2023 to know the status of my application and requesting for my login credentials to IRCC portal or screenshot of my dashboard and email he used to submit my application. He sent me a refusal letter dated barely 2 weeks after my biometrics. Date on refusal letter, March 29, 2023. I did my biometrics March 16, 2023.

At this point, it was dawn on me that I have been a victim of a bad agent. So I went further to order for GCMS notes+documents. See below the GCMS note:

Text: The applicant has not provided a plan of studies. As such, the applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies.
The applicant did not demonstrate that he/she is sufficiently well established and would leaveCanada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
Bank statement comes from a microfinance bank and is unverifiable. I am not satisfied that sufficient funds will be available for the applicant's studies.
I'm not satisfied on balance that the eligibility requirements of R216 are met and that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a temporary stay.

The bank statement too was probably a fake one, but thankfully I was not issued a ban.

After carefully looking at the information and documentation he submitted I noticed whole lot of errors:

He stated that I’m single. I have two kids and legally married

Wrong Mother's and Father's name

Gave me LOA for Conestoga College, course: Information Technology Business Analysis (1372). This was fake

Different course submitted on application:

STUDY PERMIT
School: Designated Learning Inst-NL
DLI Name: Memorial University of Newfoundland
Level of Study: University - Master's Deg.
Authorization Level: Any Designated Post Secondary Institution
Field of Study: Business/Mgmt/Marketing

He lied that I graduated with first class from a fictitious University with fake course Financial Accounting

My real course was Computer Science

Now my questions is:

If at any point VO would make reference to previous applications submitted while reviewing a new one.
OR
new application will be assessed on its own merits as stated on the refusal letter?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bhusawlah: 4:10pm On Jan 13
Please I'm new here and I'm at the stage of pof, my husband Is my sponsor and we re going together with our little baby, we've paid for 1year school fees though the program is 2 years, do u think 20m naira pof in my account and 17m naira in a fixed deposit account with my husband and my name on it, is enough to show as proof of fund... and the proof of fund was sent to my account with narration sales of land... how do u think I can proof that narration pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Excelasa: 4:55pm On Jan 13
Hi All,

Congratulations to everyone resuming school in Canada in May (Summer) or September (Fall) 2024 and you have received your visa. Please, I would like to connect with those in this category so that we can plan together and share info on accommodation, flight, and other planning processes before traveling time.

Would you like to connect on this matter? Please, drop a message here.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 5:00pm On Jan 13
Bmuhd4smile:

If it were to be me, I will not declare the msc , cos why will I want to do a pgd when I have 2 msc already? I don't know sha o think about it na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lyndaoyewole(f): 5:01pm On Jan 13
airlines in Nigeria are claiming otherwise. someone on this thread had to buy return if not the child couldn't fly
chrisifeanyi:

You don't need return ticket. You just need VR at POE for the minor to start school. Except you actually want the child to come back.
Minors are given vv

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.