Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (414572 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Choicecarsng: 4:10pm On Jan 10
Good afternoon.

If you work in VFS Global or Canadian embassy in nigeria or Nigerian embassy in Canada, an Indian firm based in Canada wanna partner with you. They will give out free SIM cards to people who have study or work permit.

Then a commission will be paid to you on activation of the SIM card in Canada.

Please chat on WhatsApp 0815 428 8090
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 4:21pm On Jan 10
Good afternoon everyone please I went to the bank yesterday for myBankstament I told the lady to do openings balance of 250k only to find out she did opening balance of #56.01 please will it affect my chances of getting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 4:27pm On Jan 10
Zino89:
Good afternoon everyone please I went to the bank yesterday for myBankstament I told the lady to do openings balance of 250k only to find out she did opening balance of #56.01 please will it affect my chances of getting visa?

From the testimonials, most times it is not about opening and closing balances but more of explanation of the funds that were deposited with adequate and credible documentation.

For instance if your opening balance is #20 and in that month you got a job that was paying 6 mill every month hence you were able to save 17 million during the 6 months your MBS covered. Your pay slip, account statement and LOE will be able to make the visa officer understand why your opening was #20 and closing was over 17 mil. And that the 17 mill is not for demonstration purposes. Don't lose sleep over it. GOD is good,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gen2lpat(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10
Please recommend someone for SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:54pm On Jan 10
Sorry, about the outcome of your study permit, you need to share details about the first documents submitted then there can be proper guidance. You need to work on your finances and home ties with another aspect.
Themillionman:
Hello.....please I need help and guidance at this point......my decision came in today....and it came in as refusal...

But my decision came without medicals...

Please anyone can hold my hand and guide......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:57pm On Jan 10
Yes, if you mean 56 naira and a huge closing balance, it will affect your application. The reason I tell applicant to avoid MBS
Zino89:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 5:15pm On Jan 10
JMG12:
Yes, if you mean 56 naira and a huge closing balance, it will affect your application. The reason I tell applicant to avoid MBS
thank you for response it will end in praise for us all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 5:17pm On Jan 10
danowena:

From the testimonials, most times it is not about opening and closing balances but more of explanation of the funds that were deposited with adequate and credible documentation.

For instance if your opening balance is #20 and in that month you got a job that was paying 6 mill every month hence you were able to save 17 million during the 6 months your MBS covered. Your pay slip, account statement and LOE will be able to make the visa officer understand why your opening was #20 and closing was over 17 mil. And that the 17 mill is not for demonstration purposes. Don't lose sleep over it. GOD is good,
Thank you for your response miracle no de tire Jesus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gen2lpat(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10
Hi,

Good day all. I'm new on this thread.

I want to start applying for admissions in any good school in Canada. I need someone to guide me with admission application process.

I will appreciate any kind of help you can give.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gen2lpat(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10
Which do you think should work better?

1. Personal Statement?
2. Sponsor statement?

Not sure which to start building for Proof of Fund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10
gen2lpat:

1. Personal Statement?
2. Sponsor statement?

Since you are starting from beginning, I will advise to go to start of the previous thread and read through then you will be able to ask more resourceful questions and hopefully get better response. When you read through the previous thread, you might have little need to ask the many questions I am sure you have to ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hawttattoo: 6:10pm On Jan 10
odii:
Hello guys. Please I need help. I am trying to pay using flywire but it is rejecting my Gtb naira card. Thank you

Get someone outside nigeria to pay for you or better still, buy dollars and fund chipper card and pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 7:48pm On Jan 10
mfonox:

You’re still fighting yourself? It’s time for u to move on. This ur obsession with this topic is giving “me..n…t…a…l problem”.

I submitted my transcript and certificate to my school to get admission. I didn’t need to submit it to the VO to get my visa approved and I got it. If anyone has to do it. By all means do it. As a lot of people have mentioned. There are instances u may need to submit it for visa application and there are instances that it isn’t compulsory. Stop shoving ur “compulsory documents” down our throat. I’m tired of coming here and seeing u whine about transcript and certificate. Move the F…..k on!!!!!!!!

I believe everyone seeking for visa approval needs to focus on 2 major things
1. POF- Prove that u have sufficient funds to cover ur tuition and living expenses. Include all proper documentation to prove ur source of funds(read through the thread to see all documentation u will need) avoid lump sums without proper documentation/explanation
2. Home/Economic tie- Try and prove to the VO that u have sufficient ties in nigeria to bring u back home after study.(eg. Your family, your job, your business etc)

There are Other areas to focus on like your SOP. Write a clear, self explanatory SOP. Highlight your points clearly. Let it be easy for anyone to read and understand.

No document is compulsory in Visa application except the normal ones listed on IRCC website that is compulsory..( That’s why everyone that has come here to drop PPR has a different list of document. Each unique depending on what they feel is important. Add everything if it makes u feel comfortable

All the best

The matter be tire me ooo 😂😂 cos I know it's more of POF that concern Canada not certificate or transcript... He's trying to make us believe his previous drag of certificate n transcript is a must if you want to get visa 😂
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 7:49pm On Jan 10
mfonox:

He’s always in a hurry to answer questions he knows nothing about. Person Dey ask of GIC he was busy talking left left. Collect from aboki and deposit. Lol

You don’t need to answer if u don’t know. Allow people wey know answer. mba.

😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 7:54pm On Jan 10
For admission what you need is a Statement of purpose which is personal, and proof of funds will come in later
gen2lpat:

1. Personal Statement?
2. Sponsor statement?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 8:09pm On Jan 10
gen2lpat:
Hi,

Good day all. I'm new on this thread.

I want to start applying for admissions in any good school in Canada. I need someone to guide me with admission application process.

I will appreciate any kind of help you can give.

Thank you

You would need to consider somethings before applying to a school in Canada , that being said:

- What did you study in the University/Polytechnic?

- Are you a Bachelor's degree holder or HND holder?

- Do you have a 2.1, 2.2 or Upper Credit , Lower Credit?

- What year did you graduate? (to address study gaps)

- Are you working? IF YES, what job are you into (Job title) & how many years now have you been doing the job?

- Is your work experience related to what you study for your Bachelors degree/HND? (For Academic/Career Progression purposes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 8:18pm On Jan 10
JMG12:
Why use my MBS, the format might be different, so I will advise you to print and submit it yourself.

As for first bank they do their own in a way that the vo can only see the date nd bal. You want them to see I don't know about other banks o but that's how first bank do their own

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Imoegwu84: 9:15pm On Jan 10
Mamaoseme33:

As for first bank they do their own in a way that the vo can only see the date nd bal. You want them to see I don't know about other banks o but that's how first bank do their own

That is how MBS is done in all the bank.

It's actionable for a bank to divulge their dealings with their customers to a third party without that third party's permission or without the order of court. Banks relationship with their customers is fiduciary in nature. As such, there cannot go beyond their mandate and so the embassies can't in any way even request that banks tell them how much is in a person's account. If your bank do such thing without your permission, then you have a good case against your bank and you can recover so much money in damages. All the embassies can do in some circumstances is to request from the bank the authenticity or otherwise of your statement of account to ascertain if such SOA actually emanated from the bank.
If the embassies can ascertain how much is in your SOA, why do they in some cases request for updated SOA?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 9:48pm On Jan 10
adinnu4:

We are many. We need to form one group and @enemerci will be our admin. 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Admin ke

But jokes apart. This is not funny at all. Since the ppr testimonies on the 3rd abi 4th. No Ppr up until now. What is really happening are they under staffed or what.

By the way for all of us that submitted late Oct/ Nov. Please have eligibility started. Because as we speak eligibility is yet to start for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 10:03pm On Jan 10
adinnu4:

Very sorry about this. Please when did you apply?

November 16 I did my biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 10:06pm On Jan 10
danowena:

Sorry about this. It could be very disheartening after a long wait.
As with the initial mail sent, the reasons are just overviews and as such it is best you request the GCMS notes so we are very clear on the exact reasons . Nevertheless , we can have an idea of you share the list of documents that was submitted. Are you married with kids? Are your parents still alive? Do u have landed properties, houses or businesses? How Ony have you been working?

I'm not married ....I submitted the basics
My sponsor details
My details
No landed properties
Used my registered company as home tie
And also my parent as home tie
I submitted my own account with 800k balance
But sponsor acct with 45k USD balance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 10:15pm On Jan 10
JMG12:
Sorry, about the outcome of your study permit, you need to share details about the first documents submitted then there can be proper guidance. You need to work on your finances and home ties with another aspect.

My sponsor details
My details
No landed properties
Business certificate
Sponsor statement was 45k usd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gen2lpat(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10
Lekiboboe:

You would need to consider somethings before applying to a school in Canada , that being said:

- What did you study in the University/Polytechnic?

- Are you a Bachelor's degree holder or HND holder?

- Do you have a 2.1, 2.2 or Upper Credit , Lower Credit?

- What year did you graduate? (to address study gaps)

- Are you working? IF YES, what job are you into (Job title) & how many years now have you been doing the job?

- Is your work experience related to what you study for your Bachelors degree/HND? (For Academic/Career Progression purposes

I have answers to all these questions. Can I have your contact?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 10:24pm On Jan 10
gen2lpat:

I have answers to all these questions. Can I have your contact?

Good.

In that case, do respond here, so you can be pointed to the Nairaland links of some of information you can explore and put into action , cos most of the answers you need have already been answered on this platform. So don't worry about my contact. You can easily get a response here, and even more information from other folks who can give additional Inputs you would find useful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 10:39pm On Jan 10
enemerci:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Admin ke

But jokes apart. This is not funny at all. Since the ppr testimonies on the 3rd abi 4th. No Ppr up until now. What is really happening are they under staffed or what.

By the way for all of us that submitted late Oct/ Nov. Please have eligibility started. Because as we speak eligibility is yet to start for me
PPR is dropping everyday but they are been shared on telegram and WhatsApp groups... Nairaland thread is dull nowadays
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 10:43pm On Jan 10
austino677:
PPR is dropping everyday but they are been shared on telegram and WhatsApp groups... Nairaland thread is dull nowadays

Please share the telegram group biko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 10:49pm On Jan 10
enemerci:

Please share the telegram group biko
Ojc Study Abroad group

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 11:11pm On Jan 10
enemerci:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Admin ke

Just forget about that eligibility. I have seen someone that got ppr and eligibility was yet to start 😂. I think they have started answering us oo.. with this guy that got a refusal whose biometrics was done November 16. I think it's the same period we did our biometrics but I don't know when he actually applied. My eligibility is yet to start too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10
Themillionman:

My sponsor details
My details
No landed properties

The POF is excellent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 11:36pm On Jan 10
Themillionman:

My sponsor details
My details
No landed properties

Sorry about your refusal. In your next application you need weave a strong thread about the things that will pull you back to Nigeria, you have to explain how these things will bring you back so that your ties to Nigeria will be much more than any factor that might keep you in Canada. You have to show your relationship with your uncle with more pictures, old assistance offered to you etc. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mitota: 11:39pm On Jan 10
JMG12:
No, you will not be eligible to transit from PGWP to SOWP. Your wife can switch to study but you initially with a Study permit & SOWP will not be eligible for SOWP. So you can try other options EE, PNP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/public-policy-competitiveness-economy/c42.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mitota: 11:46pm On Jan 10
Hello everyone,

please i have a question.

my brother just graduated from a 1 year college degree in Canada from may to December. He worked over 20 hours, and even after his college, he did not stop work on the day his letter of completion came put. He worked extra for like one week before he stopped working. Now he has to apply for his pgwp and he is panicking and wont let me sleep. please what can he do at this point and is there anyone who has been rejected because of these terms?

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (469) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: darasire1028, Aduke007, Fiyinola and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.