Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (414743 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Etrangere: 1:07am On Jan 11
Please house, I have a question.

My brother studied accounting for his BSc and Business administration for MSc. He currently has a visitor's visa to Canada, valid until summer 2025 and will be visiting me in Canada this summer. My status here is citizen.

We want to apply for him to study in Canada for fall 2024, we're looking at a post graduate certificate in Business analytics or Business development and sales in Algonquin college.

Can someone be kind enough to offer us some insight/advice? Can he get admission considering that he already has an MSc?

He is also in the pool for Express Entry but high crs scores these days...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gen2lpat(m): 2:01am On Jan 11
Lekiboboe:

Good.

In that case, do respond here, so you can be pointed to the Nairaland links of some of information you can explore and put into action , cos most of the answers you need have already been answered on this platform. So don't worry about my contact. You can easily get a response here, and even more information from other folks who can give additional Inputs you would find useful.

Thank you. There is way too much information here. I understand it will be too much stress for anyone but I will appreciate links to read. Much like AoC. Even if it's the page numbers and chapters.

🙏🏽
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 3:17am On Jan 11
austino677:
PPR is dropping everyday but they are been shared on telegram and WhatsApp groups... Nairaland thread is dull nowadays
Please invite link to those WhatsApp group
Or you can text me directly 09027017022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hope2019: 6:24am On Jan 11
JMG12:
From the correspondence letter
1. Your application lacks home ties; the things that will compel you to return after your temporary stay
2. Your application did not clearly state your intention to study in Canada.
3. Your employment details
4. There might be things you miss out you can order your GCMS note or share the details of the application you submitted that led to this.

Pls, what salary range will be considered too low, when submitting application for study visa as an employeed applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 6:45am On Jan 11
Hope2019:

Pls, what salary range will be considered too low, when submitting application for study visa as an employeed applicant.

There is no set standard. Ircc is after making sure your economic ties are strong and you are financially established in your country or have strong future prospects in your country which justifies why you want to go study this program. Most importantly they are after your POf, proving to them that the funds were genuinely acquired, sufficient, available and accessible by you. It's left for you to demonstrate all this and elaborate it in your SOP.

You can be earning 500k, and the VO will still not be convinced that you are well economically established in your country or he could doubt you have sufficient funds to sponsor yourself. So it's all about making sure you cover all areas with a well packaged SOP.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bmuhd4smile: 8:47am On Jan 11
Etrangere:
Please house, I have a question.

My brother studied accounting for his BSc and Business administration for MSc. He currently has a visitor's visa to Canada, valid until summer 2025 and will be visiting me in Canada this summer. My status here is citizen.

We want to apply for him to study in Canada for fall 2024, we're looking at a post graduate certificate in Business analytics or Business development and sales in Algonquin college.

Can someone be kind enough to offer us some insight/advice? Can he get admission considering that he already has an MSc?

He is also in the pool for Express Entry but high crs scores these days...

I have a similar profile. I got admission into a college for postgraduate certificate using only my bachelors degree and WAEC ... He doesn't necessarily needs to add his MSC to get admission but he has to include it during his study permit application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by buchionwuazor(m): 9:45am On Jan 11
Bmuhd4smile:

I have a similar profile. I got admission into a college for postgraduate certificate using only my bachelors degree and WAEC ... He doesn't necessarily needs to add his MSC to get admission but he has to include it during his study permit application.
which school if I may ask..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikennaex: 9:50am On Jan 11
Please how do i know what rate to use in calculating POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 10:00am On Jan 11
Please is can collage advisable is there Nigeria there ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ekeson45(m): 10:36am On Jan 11
Please house, I need help on navigating through this.
I have filled all my work/activities for the ten years, still I can't save and continue

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 10:44am On Jan 11
For all of us Oct/ Nov applicants. Am sharing this testimony from another group so you be encouraged and keep faith alive.
It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 10:56am On Jan 11
enemerci:
For all of us Oct/ Nov applicants. Am sharing this testimony from another group so you be encouraged and keep faith alive.
It will end in praise

Wow! We will testify soonest

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:13am On Jan 11
Imoegwu84:

That is how MBS is done in all the bank.

It's actionable for a bank to divulge their dealings with their customers to a third party without that third party's permission or without the order of court. Banks relationship with their customers is fiduciary in nature. As such, there cannot go beyond their mandate and so the embassies can't in any way even request that banks tell them how much is in a person's account. If your bank do such thing without your permission, then you have a good case against your bank and you can recover so much money in damages. All the embassies can do in some circumstances is to request from the bank the authenticity or otherwise of your statement of account to ascertain if such SOA actually emanated from the bank.
If the embassies can ascertain how much is in your SOA, why do they in some cases request for updated SOA?

My point exactly! Some people here are making it seem like MBS will give the VO power to see inside your account anytime or even see a lien in one's account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 11:18am On Jan 11
Mamaoseme33:

My point exactly! Some people here are making it seem like MBS will give the VO power to see inside your account anytime or even see a lien in one's account

So a VO can't see or detect Lien funds in one's account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 11:26am On Jan 11
Mamaoseme33:

you misunderstood his post... Every banks has different bank statement template.. Some Ledger balance, total balance, available balance... All. These post for bank statement should be over now.. Discuss in private please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:29am On Jan 11
Daveconsult007:

So a VO can't see or detect Lien funds in one's account?

No, as long as the lien was removed the day your "my bank statement" ticket was created for you by your bank. However, if the lien wasn't removed while creating MBS the money will not reflect in your available bal. Because of the lien. I think GLOBUS bank have a way they do theirs even with lien. But for first bank the lien has to be removed first before the money is moved to your available bal. I hope this helps

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:33am On Jan 11
[quote author=austino677 post=127887845]you misunderstood his post... Every banks has different bank statement template.. Some Ledger balance, total balance, available balance... All. These post for bank statement should be over now.. Discuss in private please [/quote

How did I misunderstand when I'm literally agreeing with him? No oga face your front please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 11:41am On Jan 11
Mamaoseme33:

No, as long as the lien was removed the day your "my bank statement" ticket was created for you by your bank. However, if the lien wasn't removed while creating MBS the money will not reflect in your available bal. Because of the lien. I think GLOBUS bank have a way they do theirs even with lien. But for first bank the lien has to be removed first before the money is moved to your available bal. I hope this helps

It will end in praise

Wow, thanks for the insight.

Please shed more light on globus bank own ..please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Okeyboy90: 12:01pm On Jan 11
Good day,pls can anyone add me to NAIT group,pls i need information about my application
It's very urgent please my good people
Here's my number. 07034362227
Whatsapp, telegram Facebook
Any nait group please this is very urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gabby18: 12:24pm On Jan 11
Hello all..pls for those that used Ethiopian airlines last month/ this month, did u need to purchase a return ticket for a 3yr old with visit visa..

N.b the child's mum has a work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mrnwas(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11
Forget his MSc, Get him a diploma program. It can be an advanced diploma or post graduate diploma and point him to Universities that are low ranked to increase his chanced at admission.

For those with HND Seeking MSc Admission in Canada, here is a list of universities you can try out https://nicescholarship.com/canadian-universities-that-accepts-hnd-for-an-msc-program/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sos404: 1:14pm On Jan 11
Hello Housw. Please I need your quick clearification, 2015 I was refused US visa as principal applicant, 2017 applied again and was refused, this time my wife was the principal applicant and I spouse, does this still me I have been refused twice? I appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 2:07pm On Jan 11
sos404:
Hello Housw. Please I need your quick clearification, 2015 I was refused US visa as principal applicant, 2017 applied again and was refused, this time my wife was the principal applicant and I spouse, does this still me I have been refused twice? I appreciate your response.
Yes, you have two refusals

Think of it this way, if you were issued the visa, will you not say you were issued the visas on both occasions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 3:04pm On Jan 11
Lance008:
Please is can collage advisable is there Nigeria there ?

Can College (Canadian Career Education College) is not advisable for a prospective International student cos they don't offer PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit) eligible programs (even though it's a DLI - Designated Learning Institute)

Read the contents in the links below

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/61#105433514

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/702#114013525

If you want to study in Canada as an International student, go for a school that is a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) and offer Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damyzel: 3:05pm On Jan 11
hello Gurus,

please help how can i use loan from bank to fund part of my proof of funds. does it have to be in my account for 4months? since canada request for 4month statement or i can bring it in when am about to apply for study permit.

kindly help a sister in need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 3shadi: 3:31pm On Jan 11
Vikkyexman:
It's like visa officer just pack November 10th applications for one side. Mine too was November 10th, no decision yet as well
Me way come be November 19th, make I just rest for now first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:56pm On Jan 11
Mitota:
Hello everyone,

please i have a question.

my brother just graduated from a 1 year college degree in Canada from may to December. He worked over 20 hours, and even after his college, he did not stop work on the day his letter of completion came put. He worked extra for like one week before he stopped working. Now he has to apply for his pgwp and he is panicking and wont let me sleep. please what can he do at this point and is there anyone who has been rejected because of these terms?

There is nothing anyone can do at this point; he needs to brave the situation and apply before he falls out of status. He can take solace in the fact that there is a policy in place that extended the number of hours students can work. So let him apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyke6505: 4:58pm On Jan 11
3shadi:

Me way come be November 19th, make I just rest for now first

Mine is November 22

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 5:21pm On Jan 11
Iyke6505:

Mine is November 22

I don't think date matters, It depend on the VO handling the application and the complexity of the application. I have seen November 21st applicant that got her ppr on January 5th where her medical was passed December 15th and it was her second application. It will all end in praise for us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 5:38pm On Jan 11
Hello guys!!! I just got admission into lambton college for pharmacy technician (diploma) but they are asking to pay first semester tuition which is about 6500cad before February ending. Although I can still afford to pay that but my remaining money won’t be much again.
How do you guys POF please? Or you guys have 40M sitting in your account. If I can get a loan or something
Secondly; I’m still confused about how to apply for visa and am thinking of getting someone with experience in it to avoid mistake. Just want to get it once
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:14pm On Jan 11
Compare your salary with the POF.
Hope2019:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:18pm On Jan 11
Now it is obvious that you don't have sufficient funds, all that money can't be available in your sponsor's account while you have less than a million naira, the VO want you to be able to access the funds, increase the money in your account before you reapply.
Themillionman:

My sponsor details
My details
No landed properties
Business certificate
Used my registered company as home tie
And also my parent as home tie
I submitted my own account with 800k balance
Sponsor statement was 45k usd
But sponsor acct with 45k USD balance

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (469) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.