Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (415131 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 9:37am On Jan 22
JMG12:
I guess this is settled.
Thank you.

I have a question, my cousin got a passport request early this month but she has been spending from her proof of funds, can the application still be denied after they have requested for her passport. The passport has been with them for over 2 weeks now? Other applications i knw doesn’t take up to 2 weeks bfr they returned the passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:44am On Jan 22
JMG12:
Is this for your spouse or you?

My spouse. I want to apply for spouse open work permit for him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:47am On Jan 22
No, what she needs to watch out for is POE.
evansky:

I have a question, my cousin got a passport request early this month but she has been spending from her proof of funds, can the application still be denied after they have requested for her passport. The passport has been with them for over 2 weeks now? Other applications i knw doesn’t take up to 2 weeks bfr they returned the passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:49am On Jan 22
Okay, you are in the right direction. I guess it is the new portal you are using
Blackfinegirl:

My spouse. I want to apply for spouse open work permit for him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:03am On Jan 22
JMG12:
Okay, you are in the right direction. I guess it is the new portal you are using

Yes it is. But i guess most people use the old portal because i cant find an option to choose spouse work permit on the new portal. What do you think ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mimifam: 11:51am On Jan 22
Please who can help me with sample of sop for children age 6 and 9yrs as main applicant has gotten ppr now wany to apply for the children. Please help. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by af0nja2000: 11:54am On Jan 22
JMG12:
Yes, you can get a fully funded scholarship for both MSc and PhD. but you can't apply for PR immediately.
pls do u have ideal
About any Scholarship for msc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:21pm On Jan 22
No
af0nja2000:
pls do u have ideal
About any Scholarship for msc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:22pm On Jan 22
That is the option you should choose work permit.
Blackfinegirl:

Yes it is. But i guess most people use the old portal because i cant find an option to choose spouse work permit on the new portal. What do you think ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 1:13pm On Jan 22
JMG12:
That is the option you should choose work permit.

So my challenge now is when i choose work peemit, it only gives me option to select for H1B spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kokumajutsu: 1:19pm On Jan 22
Hello everyone,

Can I use my sister statement of account containing 20k cad as POF. Note it's a Canadian account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 2:14pm On Jan 22
ikgodisgood82:

Bro I did 20k GIC last year. I faced the same challenge.
CBN prohibited any fx cash deposit more than 10k$ transfer out of Nigeria.
For you to do fx above 10k to your GIC, you'll need dollar cash deposit of 10k secondly go to aboki tell them you need fx (INFLOW) note inflow is fx that came out of the sures of Nigeria.
With cash deposit of 10k USD then your aboki will source the remaining balance for you as inflow.
Together you can make the GIC deposit.
INFLOWS can be a bit difficult to get and a bit expensive but you can get it, remember GIC does not accept multiple deposit only single

Boss, thank you once again for your kind response. I’ve been trying to get inflow but it’s been difficult. Please are you sure that 10k deposit and the remaining balance as inflow will work (that is I’ll be able to transfer over 10k usd) I managed to get someone who wants to do inflow of $6k to me.

Please boss help me clarify if both deposits and inflow will work or the entire funds must be from inflow.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:34pm On Jan 22
I will suggest you use the old portal. HB-1 is for US.
Blackfinegirl:

So my challenge now is when i choose work peemit, it only gives me option to select for H1B spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 2:46pm On Jan 22
Good afternoon guys

Please how do we know for sure and at the moment the current exchange rate of Cad to naira?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 2:49pm On Jan 22
My passport is an expired passport. Can I go ahead and use it to apply to schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22
freshStarz:
My passport is an expired passport. Can I go ahead and use it to apply to schools?

You can't use an expired passport to apply to school. The passport number will be on your admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:59pm On Jan 22
You can use it, but get a new one or use another ID DL, NIN
freshStarz:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:01pm On Jan 22
Yes, you can use it with other documents and evidence.
Kokumajutsu:
Hello everyone,

Can I use my sister statement of account containing 20k cad as POF. Note it's a Canadian account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:04pm On Jan 22
JMG12:
I will suggest you use the old portal. HB-1 is for US.

Yeah i think its better. Thank you for your time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 3:42pm On Jan 22
milkay:

Boss, thank you once again for your kind response. I’ve been trying to get inflow but it’s been difficult. Please are you sure that 10k deposit and the remaining balance as inflow will work (that is I’ll be able to transfer over 10k usd) I managed to get someone who wants to do inflow of $6k to me.

Please boss help me clarify if both deposits and inflow will work or the entire funds must be from inflow.

Thank you so much

Good afternoon brother.
Just go to aboki buy 10,000USD which is equivalent to 13,427.35cad, then use inflow to balance it CAN$20,635
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:10pm On Jan 22

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by cooooooks(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dayjeee(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22
This new restriction, does it apply to post graduate diploma and cert? Cos some people are saying it's only masters and PhD that are excluded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22
dayjeee:
This new restriction, does it apply to post graduate diploma and cert? Cos some people are saying it's only masters and PhD that are excluded

You already answered the question. Only MSc and PHD are exempted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NIGHTLIFE100: 5:28pm On Jan 22
Please anyone with information on Birdview Travels. Please share your experience with them before I go jonze my money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bentricks: 5:29pm On Jan 22
zubizareta:

You already answered the question. Only MSc and PHD are exempted.
When does this start? Because i heard Mac Miller say in the coming weeks…. Does that mean it is not yet implemented?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22
Bentricks:

When does this start? Because i heard Mac Miller say in the coming weeks…. Does that mean it is not yet implemented?

It actually expected to start from Septmeber 2024
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by samuel321: 5:49pm On Jan 22
This attestation letter. How are we going to get it before submitting our application. Does it mean we'll have to wait for provinces to establish a way to issue it to students. Chai
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 5:53pm On Jan 22
The Rules are changing so fast!! If you are coming here in September, please be ready for the following.
1. increased cost of living $20k +
2. decreased work hours 20hr per week
3. The possibility of getting a 3-year PGWP regardless of program length.

For now, avoid colleges, especially the PPI ones. They are being targeted by IRCC; good luck, and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 5:56pm On Jan 22
dayjeee:
Not only master's and PhD are excluded in the cap..
Secondary and elementary education is excluded...
Study permit renewal and
Current study permit holders are excluded in the cap...
Graduate of masters and other graduate level programs will soon be eligible for 3years work permit ..
Source:government of canada 🇨🇦 website IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BabaArmani: 5:57pm On Jan 22
Evening house, pls can someone explain to me what the minister means by graduate schools? Does admitted to college will still get work permits or they won’t Also if no more SOWP by September 1, can spouse still join the partner?will visa be granted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BabaArmani: 6:03pm On Jan 22
Pls A student resuming graduate studies in a collge by May 2024 awaiting PPR will still be eligible for SOWP yes or no??

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (469) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.