Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (401832 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 6:03pm On Jan 22
BabaArmani:
Evening house, pls can someone explain to me what the minister means by graduate schools? Does admitted to college will still get work permits or they won’t Also if no more SOWP by September 1, can spouse still join the partner?will visa be granted

I believe it is Masters/Ph.D. students and some select professional courses like medicine, law, etc, who are exempt from these new rules. the era of colleges, diplomas & grad certs are coming to an end. is either masters/PHd or it won't be worth the expense.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 6:12pm On Jan 22
BabaArmani:
Pls A student resuming graduate studies in a collge by May 2024 awaiting PPR will still be eligible for SOWP yes or no??

Don't panic God is in control. Just make sure you are ready to resume by May 2024 so you can beat this new Rule.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 6:19pm On Jan 22
Please will a mail be sent once the visa is approved?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 6:55pm On Jan 22
Morexx23:
Please will a mail be sent once the visa is approved?

Yes, you’ll get a mail from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 6:55pm On Jan 22
JapaPrince:

I believe it is Masters/Ph.D. students and some select professional courses like medicine, law, etc, who are exempt from these new rules. the era of colleges, diplomas & grad certs are coming to an end. is either masters/PHd or it won't be worth the expense.
so getting an undergraduate admission will now b hard nut to crack?

Japaing is obviously casting o

Even the number of PPR has been reduced recently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 00e1: 7:05pm On Jan 22
I am warning you guys it doesn’t worth it coming to canada anymore if you are not coming with PR ( express entry) studying here doesn’t worth it except you are rich and ready to cough out 40 million naira plus to canada government.

If you are rich and your intentions is to stay back here in canada I advise you to apply for health course and tech course only and not all tech and health course qualifies for category draws. Most provinces only sending out nominations to majority of people who did health and tech courses.

A lot of graduates are leaving canada now their post graduate work permit has expired and no more renewals. Some are in the pool but never got nominated except few who got PNP .your score will stand at between 450 to 480 even after work experience and graduation in canada which makes it impossible to get PR nowadays. The General draw score stood at 500 to 541 plus which is impossible to meet even with work experience in canada and completion of studies.

Plan you journey if you intend to stay before you waste your money , research on other countries

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 7:40pm On Jan 22
00e1:
I am warning you guys it doesn’t worth to to come to canada anymore if you are not coming with PR ( express entry) studying here doesn’t worth it except you are rich and ready to cough out 40 plus to canada government.

If you are rich and your intentions is to stay back here in canada I advise you to apply for health course and tech course only and not all tech and health course qualifies for category draws. Most provinces only sending out nominations to majority of people who did health and tech courses.

A lot of graduates are leaving canada now they post graduate work permit has expired and no renewals. Some are in the pool but never got nominated except few who got PNP . The General draw score stood at 500 to 541 plus which is impossible to meet even with work experience in canada and completion of studies.

Plan you journey if you intend to stay before you waste your money , research on other countries
Overall you are right..
To the bolded I stated this earlier when it comes to study permit that ircc give priority to study permit applications when it comes to health care and tech courses ...when it ended up in arguments/even the person applied for Tech course in canada grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bjteensdes24: 7:58pm On Jan 22
Good evening to you all, please I’m filling an application form and I’m required to select the level of study I had in the polytechnic. My questions are;
1. I’m i to select undergraduate(Bachelor’s level) or Diploma? (Remember I’m applying with HND)
2. When I want to fill the start and end date, is it only the Hnd programme I did that I will fill the date or both ND and HND?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 8:28pm On Jan 22
evansky:

I sponsored my wife’s application, I login my access bank app on her phone. That was what she use as proof of funds at POE.

Thank u
wife is different from Uncle. He said his uncle.... It is not a must yp have access to his uncle's account. He can make use of printed copies. Na una dey mislead people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 8:30pm On Jan 22
Bentricks:

i shock for the advice🤣
i came into Canada with printed copies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 8:31pm On Jan 22
Any insights will be appreciated

Twostep:
Hello house, thanks for the wealth of knowledge shared here as always. I need your advice on my younger sisters application.

Husband is a student (1 year course) at Conestoga, resumed this Jan and he put her in his application when he applied. Now we want to apply for her.

She’s a registered nurse working at a federal govt hospital here and earns 120k. She has 5M in her account as I type (payment for rent of my property in Lagos as I just relocated to in Canada with my family too and wife is the student)

I intend to support her with additional 3M so she can have 8M total to show..

- should I send directly to her and do gift deed or send to my dad and he sends to her as support from parents ? (also what documents will either of the senders need to provide to the applicant asides gift deed. Passports, proof of business or bank statements ? )

- want suggestions on if visitor visa or SOWP is our best bet. (Considering it’s a 1 year prof that ends in Sept or so)

- how much proof of fund will she need to satisfactorily pull the application through?

Thank you all as I anticipate anyone sharing thier view on the subject matter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by HELP101: 9:32pm On Jan 22
Sorry please what’s the meaning of PPL
JapaPrince:
The Rules are changing so fast!! If you are coming here in September, please be ready for the following.
1. increased cost of living $20k +
2. decreased work hours 20hr per week
3. The possibility of getting a 3-year PGWP regardless of program length.

For now, avoid colleges, especially the PPI ones. They are being targeted by IRCC; good luck, and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 9:51pm On Jan 22
HELP101:
Sorry please what’s the meaning of PPL

Students physically attend a private college that has been licensed to teach the curriculum of an associated public college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 11:07pm On Jan 22
Windblown2much:
so getting an undergraduate admission will now b hard nut to crack?

Japaing is obviously casting o

Even the number of PPR has been reduced recently
Exactly what it means is that everyone has to go back a restrategize, because a lot of changes will be in effect from this year. In all things we give God the glory, we shall succeed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 11:13pm On Jan 22
Bjteensdes24:
Good evening to you all, please I’m filling an application form and I’m required to select the level of study I had in the polytechnic. My questions are;
1. I’m i to select undergraduate(Bachelor’s level) or Diploma? (Remember I’m applying with HND)
2. When I want to fill the start and end date, is it only the Hnd programme I did that I will fill the date or both ND and HND?

1. HND is equivalent to a Canadian college Diploma;
2. I am not sure about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:17pm On Jan 22
Please what can one do if the spaces on the gckey form is not enough for work experience

Also the question that ask if we have lived in a designated country, is nigeria a designated country
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SmattyPresh90: 11:57pm On Jan 22
Pls i need someone’s WhatsApp number or email, i have alot of questions I desperately need answers to. Will truly appreciate if i can get a contact Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 12:51am On Jan 23
People should not misunderstand the statement of the minister about PGWP eligibility for colleges. He said,

"Starting September 1, 2024, international students who begin a study program that is part of a curriculum licensing arrangement will no longer be eligible for a post­graduation work permit upon graduation. Under curriculum licensing agreements, students physically attend a private college that has been licensed to deliver the curriculum of an associated public college. These programs have seen significant growth in attracting international students in recent years, though they have less oversight than public colleges and they act as a loophole with regards to post-graduation work permit eligibility"

That is, there are some private colleges licenced as an affiliate of a public colleges to deliver public colleges programs. For example, you applied to UBC, and the program was delivered in their licenced affiliate private colleges initially which are not PGWP eligible colleges, you will not be eligible for PGWP. So ensure you choose your school wisely and know how your program will be delivered.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gabriel2005: 12:53am On Jan 23
00e1:
I am warning you guys it doesn’t worth to to come to canada anymore if you are not coming with PR ( express entry) studying here doesn’t worth it except you are rich and ready to cough out 40 plus to canada government.

A lot of graduates are leaving canada now they post graduate work permit has expired and no renewals. Some are in the pool but never got nominated except few who got PNP . The General draw score stood at 500 to 541 plus which is impossible to meet even with work experience in canada and completion of studies.

Yes your very correct you can only apply for skilled professions that are scare in number like airline pilots it’s easy to get PR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by PtBlank: 1:59am On Jan 23
Just got my PPR. I'll share some backstory later today. Good luck to everyone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seunpinky(m): 2:13am On Jan 23
Thanks for your response.
bullstriker:
There is no need to do another medical. Your friend can send the same Medical Information Sheet to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seunpinky(m): 2:14am On Jan 23
Vikkyexman:

Your friend should resubmit the completed slip of the medical exam via webform.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seunpinky(m): 2:22am On Jan 23
2 months.
Ndubisi12:
please like how many days do it take ircc to request for medical from the person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 3:02am On Jan 23
PtBlank:
Just got my PPR. I'll share some backstory later today. Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bidemi1190: 3:02am On Jan 23
please what is your view about addiction and mental health or autism and behavioural analysis PG cert?
Gabriel2005:

Yes your very correct you can only apply for skilled professions that are scare in number like airline pilots it’s easy to get PR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by smartola: 3:32am On Jan 23
Hi House, Please I have a question, I got admission into canadore college, but on my acceptance letter, There is an already estimated cost of living by Canadore college which is around 14840, I want to ask if this is the estimated cost of living Ircc will use or the estimated cost of living from Ircc. Because I submitted my reapplication late December and I’m yet to get a decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bidemi1190: 4:06am On Jan 23
Please what is your view about addiction and mental health or autism and behavioural analysis PG cert?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Poju2023: 4:32am On Jan 23
I recently got two admissions for my daughter to study undergraduate degree course one in manitoba , another one in ontario.

My question is if I accept the two offer while I use one to apply for visa , will this jeopardise her chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Poju2023: 4:54am On Jan 23
please who knows anything about the University 1 program of University of Manitoba? I applied for my daughter to study bsc commerce but they asked her to do University one first before she would apply again after the first year into bsx commerce year 2.
Please I want you or any of you followers who have the experience to help me confirm the chances of being given the bsc commerce program in year two after University 1 program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bjteensdes24: 6:49am On Jan 23
JapaPrince:

1. HND is equivalent to a Canadian college Diploma;
2. I am not sure about this.
Thanks. At least, you helped me with an answer for no 1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bjteensdes24: 6:54am On Jan 23
Bjteensdes24:
Anynone for an answer here please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 7:12am On Jan 23
Poju2023:
I recently got two admissions for my daughter to study undergraduate degree course one in manitoba , another one in ontario.

My question is if I accept the two offer while I use one to apply for visa , will this jeopardise her chance?
Nooooo. Go ahead with visa application

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: dwig(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.