Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409748 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 11:11am On Mar 09
zubizareta:

Since you are still in Nigeria, it's highly advisable you convince the VO that your funds for the study are still intact then you show separate funds for your spouse SOWP

The funds for the study (Naira value) is still intact but exchange rate has made it not sufficient anymore. That's the issue.

I intend to pay first year tuition (through another means not from the funds I used to apply for study visa) but that will be sometime in July.

How would you advise I go about this SOWP POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 11:12am On Mar 09
evansky:
We are in a similar situation, I was advised to apply with another account other than the first account used as POF because i am the sponsor. I still used the same account use initially for her own but I showed the amount was enough for both of us and also used my father inlaw’s account with amount almost same with mine. I am waiting for decision!!!

Thanks for this. Yes I'm applying for SOWP with my another account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adigun27: 11:20am On Mar 09
I never study reach that i just want to use the avenue jap
John39swill:
I think STEM related courses and programs e.g. MSc and PhD programs are given more attention and favourable decisions more.

From my gathered experience though 🤔

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kennedyuche: 11:38am On Mar 09
Anybody going to Fleming College for May intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nlightind: 11:51am On Mar 09
Hello House,
I need your advice on cheap colleges(PGWP) and courses(PGD) that one with a biological science can fit into.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:57am On Mar 09
jayciekey:

The funds for the study (Naira value) is still intact but exchange rate has made it not sufficient anymore. That's the issue.

I intend to pay first year tuition (through another means not from the funds I used to apply for study visa) but that will be sometime in July.

How would you advise I go about this SOWP POF?
Depends on what the spouse do for a living. You can use the spouse acct to show pof for just the spouse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09
Putin007:
Good day Zubi, I got admitted to USASK for an Msc course in Psychology. I have paid the deposit and I'm about to apply for my study permit . I don't know how go about my POF which is like 28k CAD.

Can I do POF of 35 Million naira for one month and submit my application or must it be 4 months.

Will it be too risky ?

I don't understand what you mean by doing POF of 35million. And I am sure you should know some questions shouldn't be dropped in public space.

Ircc law stipulates you show a statement of acct of 4 to 6 months.
I don't know your tuition and the balance to be paid that you worked out your POF to be 28k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victoryokondu: 12:01pm On Mar 09
JMG12:
It is risky for her to use all her funds to sponsor you, the VO won't be convinced about that. Add your mom as a co-sponsor, you can do ROI for her, but your sis will be the major sponsor. Is she married?

No she's not. She just graduated herself last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nlightind: 12:06pm On Mar 09
I'm new here, but kind advice is needed for the PGD (BSc Biology) process. From related courses to schools to try, documents one should be getting ready, and the funding process. I heard one should make the first shot the best shot so I need your candid advice.

Thanks In Advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 12:16pm On Mar 09
zubizareta:

I don't understand what you mean by doing POF of 35million. And I am sure you should know some questions shouldn't be dropped in public space.

Ircc law stipulates you show a statement of acct of 4 to 6 months.
I don't know your tuition and the balance to be paid that you worked out your POF to be 28k
Pls, can I message you privately by email or what'sapp ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jayciekey: 12:39pm On Mar 09
Thanks for this. My Spouse is a Chartered Accountant and she just recently completed her Msc in Naija and earns ok to be a mid income earner

zubizareta:

Depends on what the spouse do for a living. You can use the spouse acct to show pof for just the spouse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 1:45pm On Mar 09
Greeting house.

Please I need your view regarding POF,
My friend is about to submit her application .

She has a sponsor, her cousin but Applicant also has funds of her own available and accessible to her

The Sponsor's account balance is around 60k-70k CAD
The sponsor has paid her full semester tuition fee of 7,725CAD.

On the Applicant's own end.
She has deposited 21,000CAD in GIC.
She has 10M naira in her bank account.
She's working, her account shows her salary and she's adding her Pay slips

Her program is 2years.
Total tuition is 21650CAD, and 7725 has been paid.

Please what are your thoughts on her POF?

Zubizareta
Bobomaigida:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 2:33pm On Mar 09
Daveconsult007:
Greeting house.

She has a sponsor, her cousin but Applicant also has funds of her own available and accessible to her

Her program is 2years.

Zubizareta
Bobomaigida:

The POF looks OK, the onus now lies on you to appropriately explain their relationship with the supporting docs, amd justify why the sponsor should sponsor the applicant. Explain lump sums and show documentations to show source of funds from the sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 2:36pm On Mar 09
zubizareta:

The POF looks OK, the onus now lies on you to appropriately explain their relationship with the supporting docs, amd justify why the sponsor should sponsor the applicant. Explain lump sums and show documentations to show source of funds from the sponsor.

Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TITILOLA88: 3:03pm On Mar 09
Hi,

I paid in USD. There is somewhere on the website that asks for your currency preference i.e. you can pay in any currency (I don't know if Naira is there).
At the point you want to pay, there is an option to pay in other currencies.

I hope this helps.

ICONEB:
Hi, please did you pay in USD or Naira? The prices on their site are quoted in USD. Is there a way to change it to Naira?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ICONEB: 3:24pm On Mar 09
Thank you very much.
TITILOLA88:
Hi,

I paid in USD. There is somewhere on the website that asks for your currency preference i.e. you can pay in any currency (I don't know if Naira is there).
At the point you want to pay, there is an option to pay in other currencies.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 3:40pm On Mar 09
Good day
Please what are the documents to request from someone that supported( transfer some funds to my account) my study plan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 7:07pm On Mar 09
Pls is it possible you don’t receive mail when a decision as been made on ur application cos on the tracker it’s showing closed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 7:15pm On Mar 09
That looks like a refusal. Reason is because ur portal should still be in progress after PPR.

Others can give their thoughts too..

Morexx23:
Pls is it possible you don’t receive mail when a decision as been made on ur application cos on the tracker it’s showing closed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 7:21pm On Mar 09
John39swill:
That looks like a refusal. Reason is because ur portal should still be in progress after PPR.

Others can give their thoughts too..

Not the portal showing closed but the tracker after which the bvl as already drop,the medical,eligibility is completed but background verification is in process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 7:57pm On Mar 09
Popson09:
Good day
Please what are the documents to request from someone that supported( transfer some funds to my account) my study plan
Please I need your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:06pm On Mar 09
Okay, just do as you've been advised.
Victoryokondu:

No she's not. She just graduated herself last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 8:31pm On Mar 09
Morexx23:

Not the portal showing closed but the tracker after which the bvl as already drop,the medical,eligibility is completed but background verification is in process.

Check what is written in the correspondence letter sent to you on your portal, it should be two correspondence letters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:34pm On Mar 09
If the total tuition is 21650 CAD for the 2 years then she will need 62,850 CAD for POF, but if the total tuition for the 2 years is above that then she will probably need more. All she has done including the GIC and closing balance in her naira account is 37,170.55 CAD. She has to account for the balance of 25,679.45 CAD. If the sponsor is showing 70k as a closing balance, he/she needs to state an amount that is set aside to support her temporary stay and emphasize what has been done on the letter of support/sponsorship.
Note: The above amounts are all estimated.
Daveconsult007:

Her program is 2years.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:36pm On Mar 09
What is showing up in the final decision session, and have you seen a correspondence letter yet?
Morexx23:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 11:14pm On Mar 09
JMG12:
You will need a 4-6 months SOA. The account you intend to use how is the history, if it has a good history then you should prepare to do 2 months' POF, after submission. You can use ROI certificate to back up the money.
Hello, pls can we discuss privately ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 10:35am On Mar 10
Any body going to PEI within August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 11:54am On Mar 10
John39swill:
Greetings great minds! This is to inspire u all.

Congratulations 🎉 👏 to me this morning.

My timeline: (Non-sds)

Application: 2nd of February
Biometrics completed: 5th of February
Medical passed: 4th of March
BVL: 8th of March

PPR: 8th of March

No agent, just myself and experienced friends

Glory be to God 🙏

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 12:08pm On Mar 10
Thank you brother

Zino89:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 1:39pm On Mar 10
I don’t know the reason why conestoga haven’t started dishing out admission I have been waiting since for admission pls who is in the same shoe with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:01pm On Mar 10
Sure we can, I have replied to your 2 emails.
Putin007:
Hello, pls can we discuss privately ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 3:15pm On Mar 10
Hello @Zubizareta
Please I need some help with the list of supporting documents I should submit for my Canada student permit application ?
Thank you !

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: huzzman and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.