Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (429831 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 11:10pm On Mar 11
NittaO:
I appreciate everyone for making this platform interactive.

I received my student Visa in 2023 for study in August, 2024. Please, i have some concerns:

1. Requirements needed at the Canadian border for issuance of student permit.

2. Is SOP needed at the border. if yes, how many months (or is it account summary certificate).

3. Will i have to show the new living expenses of 20,000 CAD or the previous one of 10,000 CAD since my visa was approved before the change.

4. My husband is my sponsor, and the POF is in his account. Do i need to show any POF under my name, or the whole amount can remain in his account while i show his printed account statement at the border.

Please, can anyone help with answers. thank you as you assist.

1. You should have your LOI, then documents to show that you have access to the POF declared during the application.
2. SOP is not needed but familiarize yourself with the contents- Know the name of your school, your course of study etc.
3. Ideally you should have the new LE funds to be on the safe side.
4. Your husband should move some funds to you now, unless you can show you have access to his account.

That being said, you might not be asked plenty questions, so just hope to meet a kind CBSA officer who will not give you stress.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NittaO: 2:14am On Mar 12
Bobomaigida:

1. You should have your LOI, then documents to show that you have access to the POF declared during the application.
2. SOP is not needed but familiarize yourself with the contents- Know the name of your school, your course of study etc.
3. Ideally you should have the new LE funds to be on the safe side.
4. Your husband should move some funds to you now, unless you can show you have access to his account.

That being said, you might not be asked plenty questions, so just hope to meet a kind CBSA officer who will not give you stress.

Thank you for this elaborate explanation. I appreciate.

Please, what is to be shown as proof of living expenses at the canadian border for issuance of study permit? Is it account summary certificate that will be needed or account statement (if yes, how many months account statement is to be printed)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 2:42am On Mar 12
Eraytee:
please what about a scenario where you did upfront medical which has been passed and you now have eligibility in progress and background check in progress (in progress since submission).. is there any positivity to be deducted from this?

Background check may have been completed before upfront medical passed ...
There is no negativity or positivity to be deduced from this..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 7:52am On Mar 12
NittaO:

Thank you for this elaborate explanation. I appreciate.

Please, what is to be shown as proof of living expenses at the canadian border for issuance of study permit? Is it account summary certificate that will be needed or account statement (if yes, how many months account statement is to be printed)?

Something between 2 weeks to 1 month is fine. They may even ask you to show the funds from your bank mobile app.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 7:55am On Mar 12
Lance008:
Can I apply for school in British Columbia after the Ban?

You can apply to public, PGWP eligible school in BC. The ban is for newly established private colleges waiting to get approval from BC government.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 8:29am On Mar 12
Bro/Sis

The fact that u have received medical request from IRCC, you're 99% certain you will get ppr soon.

From experience, I haven't seen otherwise before, what comes mostly next after medical request is passport request except medical was failed.

Cjnick:
Greetings.
IRCC requested for my medical on the 24th February. I uploaded it and today it shows updated (Medical exam passed).
Eligible and background check is still on process.
I’m worried and curious. Who has been in my shoes before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:05am On Mar 12
Good morning, it is clear the funds available to you were insufficient, if your parents sent the funds to your account you should explain in your SOP or LOE the source and purpose of the funds. The property of 90M is not yours.
What you can use as home ties property, job/company it is not enough to show CAC certificate, but you must provide evidence that the company is functioning, family (responsibility), and relationship.
realsamsonite1:
Hello All,

I need urgent clarification. I was recently denied a study visa for a May resumption for a post graduate diploma in Business Management at Victoria community college, BC on the basis of proof of funds and home ties.

My tuition is fee is CAD 23,300 per year
Living expenses is CAD 20, 635 per year

For proof of funds I had submitted
- evidence of tuition deposit paid CAD 10,750
- a sworn affidavit of sponsorship from my parents
- fixed deposit investment statement of 20 Million Naira
-Mother's closing bank statement of 10 Million Naira
-parent property valuation report of 90 Million Naira

For my new submission I am thinking of having my parents transfer total tuition remainder + 1 year living expenses to my personal account, but the problem is my personal account has been dormant for about a year now. As I have a May resumption, if they make the lump transfer to my account, what can i do to justify the transfer and support the application ?

For home ties, I plan to use documents from my land properties, company cac registration , family pictures to support my new submission. In what other ways can i support my application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olowolekan(m): 10:31am On Mar 12
I went for biometric in January 30 and I got a message last week I needed to send my acceptance letter because I changed my course of study.

The issue now is my agent said he can't send those documents until I pay another study permit fee but I doubt it because I don't think I should pay study permit fees twice.

Please I need a urgent response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 10:34am On Mar 12
Your agent is a scam. If IRCC truly asked the documents then you aren’t suppose to pay anything. Tell your agent that IRCC said you are not suppose to pay.

olowolekan:
I went for biometric in January 30 and I got a message last week I needed to send my acceptance letter because I changed my course of study.

The issue now is my agent said he can't send those documents until I pay another study permit fee but I doubt it because I don't think I should pay study permit fees twice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olowolekan(m): 10:51am On Mar 12
evansky:
Your agent is a scam. If IRCC truly asked the documents then you aren’t suppose to pay anything. Tell your agent that IRCC said you are not suppose to pay.

Thanks very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oresiri: 11:05am On Mar 12
Hi,
I need to know how to go about my PhD in canadan, the steps and necessary information .I need to be schooled about this thank you .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:09am On Mar 12
Glossylips:

Has your eligibility started?
Medical passed?

Yes, my medical has passed, Eligiblity has started. The visa officer sent a me a correspondence to resend my MBS that the password for the MBS I sent them wasn't accessable. That was two weeks ago. I have sent a new updated MBS and Statement of my account to IRCC on Monday 4th. Since then I'm yet to receive a final decision from them on my application and my application has surpassed the processing time of 10 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:14am On Mar 12
John39swill:
Bro/Sis

The fact that u have received medical request from IRCC, you're 99% certain you will get ppr soon.

From experience, I haven't seen otherwise before, what comes mostly next after medical request is passport request except medical was failed.

I want to ask you a question ❓ I did medical upfront. However, My medical has been passed. When medical is passed, does that mean one has more than 80% chance of getting PPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rhythmnation: 12:04pm On Mar 12
Good day everyone, first my prayer for everyone here expecting approver God will grant you all your heart desire. Honestly this trend is like a season movie, the dream, drama, suspense and lot more, got alot of people smiling and all that stuffs. I will appreciate it if someone canbe kind enough to break down all the travel abbreviation, like PPR, LOP, SOP, IRCC, LOE, PGWP, CAC and lot more it has never been done on any trend on nairaland as this is my favourite who can help us, I believe the purpose of this is for us to learn and doing it yourself. God bless bless everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glossylips: 12:22pm On Mar 12
Rhythmnation:
Good day everyone, first my prayer for everyone here expecting approver God will grant you all your heart desire. Honestly this trend is like a season movie, the dream, drama, suspense and lot more, got alot of people smiling and all that stuffs. I will appreciate it if someone canbe kind enough to break down all the travel abbreviation, like PPR, LOP, SOP, IRCC, LOE, PGWP, CAC and lot more it has never been done on any trend on nairaland as this is my favourite who can help us, I believe the purpose of this is for us to learn and doing it yourself. God bless bless everyone

AOR - Acknowledgment Of Reception
BG - Background check > IP - in process NN - not needed NS - not started
BOWP - Bridge Open Work Permit
CEC - Canadian Experience Class
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
CIC - Canadian Immigration Center
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence
CPC - Case Processing Center
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
DM - Decision Made
e-APR - electronic - Application for Permanent Residence
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
eTA - electronic Travel Authorization
FST - Federal Skilled Trades
FSWP - Federal Skilled Work Program
IELTS - Internation English Language Testing System
IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
ITA - Inviation To Apply
LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessment
LOE - Letter Of Explanation
NOC - National Occupational Classification
OINP - Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PGWP - Post Graduation Work Permit
PNP - Provincial Nominee Program
POF - Proof Of Funds
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Residence
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
TRF - Test Report Form
TRV - Temporary Resident Visa
VAC - Visa Application Center
VO - Visa Office

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jojomario(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12
Good day all. Does anyone have an idea what is being considered majorly during the medical examination for a pass.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 1:49pm On Mar 12
Just hold on, they're actively working on your application, u should be excited that ur work is currently worked on.

They've not even opened some persons application after 13 weeks. So resume fasting and prayer ASAP πŸ™

Mamaoseme33:

Yes, my medical has passed, Eligiblity has started. The visa officer sent a me a correspondence to resend my MBS that the password for the MBS I sent them wasn't accessable. That was two weeks ago. I have sent a new updated MBS and Statement of my account to IRCC on Monday 4th. Since then I'm yet to receive a final decision from them on my application and my application has surpassed the processing time of 10 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:49pm On Mar 12
Have you been approved?
olowolekan:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kennedyuche: 1:50pm On Mar 12
Anybody travelled recently with Lufthansa with stopover at Frankfurt?

Was a transit Visa required?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 1:54pm On Mar 12
Not really 99% for those that did upfront medical.

I've seen someone who did upfront and it was passed afterwards Visa refusal.

But if the medical was requested, then u ar 99% certain simply because they must have reviewed all ur details and if they are satisfied of admitting u to Canada, then they'll request u go do medicals.

You should pray to God πŸ™ for his grace to speak for you since you didn't fail medical.

Mamaoseme33:

I want to ask you a question ❓ I did medical upfront. However, My medical has been passed. When medical is passed, does that mean one has more than 80% chance of getting PPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 2:00pm On Mar 12
You guys should stop using agents you don't directly have access to or agents that are not God fearing.

Most of them are after ur money, they don't care about ur success.

olowolekan:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 2:23pm On Mar 12
Once you have a progressive academic course alignment, career, and academic goals, and they're linked to future positive contributions to your home country. Then you have the strongest home ties but people often ignore it, people think owning companies and having CAC or company documents or being employed is the strongest but that's not true.

In my case for example I was unemployed and I made it clear in my sop. Firstly, I clearly explained how my studies their in Canada is progressive to my previous studies here in my country and how it will enhance my career in my home country. Secondly my family pictures showing my parents and siblings and I explained very well in sop how I need to return and reunite with family.

These are the two strongest home ties as a student. Remember I said as a student!! Think about itπŸ€”

I hope I have helped someone, please don't forget to pray for God's grace πŸ™ and mercy.. very very important πŸ₯°

πŸ›‘

[quote author=Marcgrace post=128870562][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 2:53pm On Mar 12
John39swill:
Not really 99% for those that did upfront medical.

I've seen someone who did upfront and it was passed afterwards Visa refusal.

But if the medical was requested, then u ar 99% certain simply because they must have reviewed all ur details and if they are satisfied of admitting u to Canada, then they'll request u go do medicals.

You should pray to God πŸ™ for his grace to speak for you since you didn't fail medical.

Amen. Thank you so much for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realsamsonite1: 3:06pm On Mar 12
JMG12:
Good morning, it is clear the funds available to you were insufficient, if your parents sent the funds to your account you should explain in your SOP or LOE the source and purpose of the funds. The property of 90M is not yours.
What you can use as home ties property, job/company it is not enough to show CAC certificate, but you must provide evidence that the company is functioning, family (responsibility), and relationship.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 3:10pm On Mar 12
You're welcome and please keep praying πŸ™ ur testimony is near πŸ™

Mamaoseme33:

Amen. Thank you so much for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 4:44pm On Mar 12
Mehn my study visa has being approved o ahh.
I really can't believe this. Just decided to take my mind off this stuff after my biometric.
But finally God did πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

Thanks to everyone here who assisted in one way or the other.
Centennial college here i come, do or die!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 5:22pm On Mar 12
Badadvisor:
I really can't believe this. Just decided to take my mind off this stuff after my biometric.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 5:34pm On Mar 12
Congratulations πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰

Kindly share your timeline to inspire us

Badadvisor:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 5:41pm On Mar 12
John39swill:
Congratulations πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰

Kindly share your timeline to inspire us

I didn't process it myself. Used an uncle in Canada and my big bro as my sponsor and he sent the 30 million to my account.
Just woke up to several missed calls only to call my uncle back and he told me my study permit has being approved. I Wan run mad.
I have been kind of sick had seizure so i have been in the hospital since last week just got discharged yesterday and got the news today.
Traveled to lag last month for my upfront medical and biometric.
First time trial and it ended in praise.
I paid my full semester fee and did a 10k cibc deposit and 30m in my account sent by my bro.
If you read my old comments here you'd see how my process went through.
I'm still recovering but this good news just healed me 100 percent 😊

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 5:42pm On Mar 12
Zino89:

Congratulations
Thank you bro.
This thread is a life saver.
I love you all here, God bless everyone of you helping novices like us.
First time trying and it ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NittaO: 6:29pm On Mar 12
Please I have a question.

My visa application was done and approved in Nigeria and I am currently in Saudi Arabia. Will there be problem if I fly from Saudi or i have to leave from Nigeria to Canada?

Pls does any one know the best website to book affordable flights?

Thank you as I await a reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:30pm On Mar 12
NittaO:
Please I have a question.

My visa application was done and approved in Nigeria and I am currently in Saudi Arabia. Will there be problem if I fly from Saudi or i have to leave from Nigeria to Canada?

Pls does any one know the best website to book affordable flights?

Thank you as I await a reply.

You can fly in from Mars, no issues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (476) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.