Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407058 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 9:31am On Mar 06
JumaiAdama:
are you saying my tuition for two year should be available and proof of funds for two years as well haaa where I wan see that kind money in this current exchange rate 😭

If you don't have a sponsor then your POF for 2 years should be shown. If you have a worthy sponsor then you cam show the capacity of your sponsor to pay for the second year expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehiremen2002: 9:56am On Mar 06
Wanted to check if any one has recently applied for student permit. Or it’s advisable to wait for attestation letter, before putting in a new study visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 9:59am On Mar 06
Bobomaigida:

So sorry about the refusal. Did you get GCMS notes for the past refusals ?
From the generic reasons, it seems the sources of funds were not explained well and the SOP was not so strong.
I did for my two application I used a third party sponsor the first reason for refusal on gcms I won’t have access to the funds and I did not explain my sponsor source of income I did the necessary correction for my second application by explaining and showing their source of income and also my sponsor paid my tuition as well before re applying, then after ward I reapplied I was rejected because they feel the amount my sponsor is giving me is too much and unrealistic and also I sent out the larger part of the money to pay my tuition without adding description and now i used my Dad as my sponsors I explained his source of income and did the necessary things I don’t even feel like ordering for GCMs as I am so tired of them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehiremen2002: 10:02am On Mar 06
I also had a friend that just got a 4th reject and same reason and when we use MP to check reason this was her response

I spoke with IRCC today regardingxxxx refused application. The reasons being that they are not satisfied with the documentation provided to prove the relationship between the applicant and the financial support, and in turn not satisfied with the credibility of the financial support.

They suggest providing some time of legal proof of the relationship. To date only a certified family tree has been provided which is not legal binding. Alternatively, another source for the funds with proof.

There was no further information for them to share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehiremen2002: 10:05am On Mar 06
ehiremen2002:
I also had a friend that just got a 4th reject and same reason and when we use MP to check reason this was her response

I spoke with IRCC today regardingxxxx refused application. The reasons being that they are not satisfied with the documentation provided to prove the relationship between the applicant and the financial support, and in turn not satisfied with the credibility of the financial support.

They suggest providing some time of legal proof of the relationship. To date only a certified family tree has been provided which is not legal binding. Alternatively, another source for the funds with proof.

There was no further information for them to share with me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 10:21am On Mar 06
ehiremen2002:

how can one speak to IRCC please, I am really getting tired at this point o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 10:41am On Mar 06
I will advise you wait for PAL.

The rate of application withdrawal and refusal is alarming recently..

I think they're trying to clear their tables for the expected incoming traffic of application by March 31st

ehiremen2002:
Wanted to check if any one has recently applied for student permit. Or it’s advisable to wait for attestation letter, before putting in a new study visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 11:23am On Mar 06
JumaiAdama:
I did for my two application I used a third party sponsor the first reason for refusal on gcms I won’t have access to the funds and I did not explain my sponsor source of income I did the necessary correction for my second application by explaining and showing their source of income and also my sponsor paid my tuition as well before re applying, then after ward I reapplied I was rejected because they feel the amount my sponsor is giving me is too much and unrealistic and also I sent out the larger part of the money to pay my tuition without adding description and now i used my Dad as my sponsors I explained his source of income and did the necessary things I don’t even feel like ordering for GCMs as I am so tired of them

I understand how you feel, someone close to me was rejected twice and got it at the third try. Refusals can be demoralizing especially when you feel that you submitted a strong application. On the surface, you have strong points that should count positively for you. However, sometimes some applications are processed by strict VOs who will not judge those strong points if they have noticed a loophole. I will suggest that you request for notes, and thereafter reapply after securing PAL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 12:22pm On Mar 06
Bobomaigida:

I understand how you feel, someone close to me was rejected twice and got it at the third try. Refusals can be demoralizing especially when you feel that you submitted a strong application. On the surface, you have strong points that should count positively for you. However, sometimes some applications are processed by strict VOs who will not judge those strong points if they have noticed a loophole. I will suggest that you request for notes, and thereafter reapply after securing PAL.
this is my third application my tuition for one year is 22500 for a year I made tuition deposit for two semester I have 3 semester in a year as I am enrolled in an after degree nursing program how much proof of funds will I look for now and this current exchange rate is really crazy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:57pm On Mar 06
JumaiAdama:
this is my third application my tuition for one year is 22500 for a year I made tuition deposit for two semester I have 3 semester in a year as I am enrolled in an after degree nursing program how much proof of funds will I look for now and this current exchange rate is really crazy.

1 year tuition = $7,500
Living expenses =$20,635
Travel and others= $3,000
Total = $31,135*1,175=36,583,625

Ideally, this is the POF you are required to have using their updated living expenses for 1 year amount. You can check if you have this or if your sponsor has.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 1:22pm On Mar 06
Bobomaigida:

1 year tuition = $7,500
Living expenses =$20,635

Ideally, this is the POF you are required to have using their updated living expenses for 1 year amount. You can check if you have this or if your sponsor has.
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JumaiAdama: 1:30pm On Mar 06
Bobomaigida:

1 year tuition = $7,500
Living expenses =$20,635

I try to apply for GCMS again but guys let all come together and help me review before I re apply again 🥹
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06
**URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT**

Provincial Attestation Letters (PALs) for Quebec and British Columbia are now obtainable through specified methods.

Students in BC can expect to receive PALs from their respective universities/colleges, facilitating their study permit application process.

Reminder: Applying early is crucial to ensure timely receipt of your PAL.

Appreciate your cooperation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:59pm On Mar 06
JumaiAdama:
I try to apply for GCMS again but guys let all come together and help me review before I re apply again 🥹

Once you get the notes, you can share here for the house to review and offer advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jennyjayz1: 2:42pm On Mar 06
Please add me to this thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 3:02pm On Mar 06
John39swill:
So sorry about that, we try again.

When did they send you decision??

Feb 27

Know much about US processing? I need an advice I can pm you if need be
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TITILOLA88: 3:32pm On Mar 06
Good day,
Awwwww .......no worries then. I am looking for someone traveling with Air France on 22nd of May.
All the best and congratulations 🎉

Chilexeve:
I've not booked my flight yet. Tentatively, I'll be traveling by middle of April.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 3:46pm On Mar 06
I don't know much but I have friends who have made their ways through US study visa

DMCY:

Feb 27

Know much about US processing? I need an advice I can pm you if need be
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 4:02pm On Mar 06
zubizareta:

Hello, kindly share your email address please. I really do need your assistance and it’s urgent. Thank you.

If you don't have a sponsor then your POF for 2 years should be shown. If you have a worthy sponsor then you cam show the capacity of your sponsor to pay for the second year expenses

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by korm2me(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06
AussieJoan:

Thanks for the info. Application was actually refused in Oct 24 but the agent stated no decision was made and did not notify the applicant.

I had to track the application yesterday when I was informed. I knew it was rejected but just had to confirm from others here.
Pls how do you track the application. Cox the agents didn't give any detail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ekeson45(m): 7:11pm On Mar 06
kc6964:
**URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT**

Provincial Attestation Letters (PALs) for Quebec and British Columbia are now obtainable through specified methods.

Students in BC can expect to receive PALs from their respective universities/colleges, facilitating their study permit application process.

Reminder: Applying early is crucial to ensure timely receipt of your PAL.

Appreciate your cooperation!

Your source Sir. Especially Alberta Province
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 8:33pm On Mar 06
John39swill:
I don't know much but I have friends who have made their ways through US study visa

Can I pm? I have some stuffs I need to ask or which you can help ask them 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 9:24pm On Mar 06
Alright boss

DMCY:

Can I pm? I have some stuffs I need to ask or which you can help ask them 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Thokem: 9:35pm On Mar 06
Hello, please I need help, we secured loan from Mpower and are now in the process of applying for study permit for my wife.

I would be providing my bank statements as additional proof of fund, now I am confused if on her study permit application we should indicate that I would be accompanying her to canada.

Please I need help on what to do, should we uncheck that and let her application for study permit go through then what happens next?

The session starts September please any advice would be helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kokosun: 11:17pm On Mar 06
Good evening

Please who can help with getting accommodation close to Conestoga college kitchener. I’m in by April 18th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flakeyy: 11:57pm On Mar 06
JumaiAdama:

If your sponsor is willing to gift you the living expenses for one year, I’ll advice you put it in a GIC account. There’s a 95% chance you’ll be approved if you put the POF in a GIC account. It shows that your sponsor has totally gifted you that amount.

That’s what I did for my brother. I paid his 1 year school fees and gave him the 1 yr living expenses which he put in a fix account, and they just sent him a message to go for his medicals.

Try it and it would probably work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 2:26am On Mar 07
I just got a mail today to apply for my PAL from Lakeland College, Alberta Province.

ekeson45:

Your source Sir. Especially Alberta Province

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 2:56am On Mar 07
Hi,
I just got a mail now to request for PAL from Lakeland College, Alberta.
Kindly advise if I should proceed based on the Following.

2-year Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Note: I have a BSc in Education & have been teaching since I graduated in 2017.

1st year Tuition = $18,000 Paid in full
2 Minor Kids Dependent (3 & 1)

Funds
1) Personal Pounds Account: 36,000 GBP = $62,000 CAD and 4-million-naira Account.
2) Spouse Account: 5,100 GBP = $8,500 CAD and 5-million-naira Account.
3) Spouse Business Account 10,000 GBP = $17,200 CAD

TOTAL CAD: $87,700 CAD which will raise to $100k CAD by end of April.

Note: First Year Tuition has been paid in full (18,000)

We have a business that generate between 100,000 to 150,000 GBP Annually and we also have house and undeveloped lands in PHC that is worth over 250m and cars.

My question is, I want to apply with the kids to be with me in Canada while my spouse (Husband) will be in Nigeria running the family business, but he will apply for a VV to help me travel with the kids and he will stay minimum 2 weeks, as soon as we are settled, he’ll return back to continue work. In Nigeria and visit us 4 times a year.

I want to seek you and others advise what’s our chances?

Bobomaigida:

1 year tuition = $7,500
Living expenses =$20,635

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 2:59am On Mar 07
@Flakeyy please could you enlighten further. Now in an instance whereby one already deposited money in a GIC and eventually the study permit application gets denied, how can one get a refund of the money in GIC?
In my case I am acting as a sponsor for my wife for a 1 yr Program in Saskatchewan Polytechnic. School deposit of 10k cad have been deposited and LOA issued. Are you are advising me to deposit her remaining 10k cad balance deposit in a GIC because her total school fees is 20k cad for her 1 yr programme?? Aside her 20k living expenses + flight expenses as instructed by IRCC. Please enlighten me and others in my similar situation to learn. Thanks. God bless you.

Flakeyy:

If your sponsor is willing to gift you the living expenses for one year, I’ll advice you put it in a GIC account. There’s a 95% chance you’ll be approved if you put the POF in a GIC account. It shows that your sponsor has totally gifted you that amount.

That’s what I did for my brother. I paid his 1 year school fees and gave him the 1 yr living expenses which he put in a fix account, and they just sent him a message to go for his medicals.

Try it and it would probably work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 3:13am On Mar 07
@harmonyedu thanks for the info. Had to go check for my wife's own from SASKPOLY but no mail arrived. Would send the school a message. Hopefully they make their PAL ready this month to continue with our study application. Shalom!!!

harmonyedu:
I just got a mail today to apply for my PAL from Lakeland College, Alberta Province.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 6:57am On Mar 07
harmonyedu:
Hi,
I just got a mail now to request for PAL from Lakeland College, Alberta.
Kindly advise if I should proceed based on the Following.

2-year Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Note: I have a BSc in Education & have been teaching since I graduated in 2017.

1st year Tuition = $18,000 Paid in full
2 Minor Kids Dependent (3 & 1)

Funds
1) Personal Pounds Account: 36,000 GBP = $62,000 CAD and 4-million-naira Account.
2) Spouse Account: 5,100 GBP = $8,500 CAD and 5-million-naira Account.
3) Spouse Business Account 10,000 GBP = $17,200 CAD

TOTAL CAD: $87,700 CAD which will raise to $100k CAD by end of April.

Note: First Year Tuition has been paid in full (18,000)

We have a business that generate between 100,000 to 150,000 GBP Annually and we also have house and undeveloped lands in PHC that is worth over 250m and cars.

My question is, I want to apply with the kids to be with me in Canada while my spouse (Husband) will be in Nigeria running the family business, but he will apply for a VV to help me travel with the kids and he will stay minimum 2 weeks, as soon as we are settled, he’ll return back to continue work. In Nigeria and visit us 4 times a year.

I want to seek you and others advise what’s our chances?

The main issue will be proving the funds are readily available for your usage, consider doing GIC to take care of your living expenses. Then draft a good SOP to explain the sources of funds and your free access to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bayonleakintewe: 7:08am On Mar 07
Good day, please is it adviceable to do medical upfront before I register for IRCC, though hav tried it but it asked for UMI and IME number which am confuse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Daveconsult007, Madeu(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.