Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409090 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kamsi99: 7:15pm On Mar 13
Please can someone with only canada study visa transit in London?
Trying to book a ticket for my sister
Lagos — Istanbul— London — Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13
Readymove:
Can i use downloaded Bank statement for visa application?

Yes you can. You can use bank statement from your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13
Kamsi99:
Please can someone with only canada study visa transit in London?
Trying to book a ticket for my sister
Lagos — Istanbul— London — Toronto

Once you have 2 stop overs, you will likely need a transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13
Hi guys, please I need advice addressing some concerns I have about lodging my visa.
Earlier this year Feb, my student visa to Australia was denied based on home ties, so now I want to apply to Canada and would like some feedback on my chances.
1. I have applied to Canadore College for a graduate certificate program ( 1 year).
2. I am currently employed and have 30,000,000 Naira ($23,000 CAD) in my personal account.
3. My workplace agreed to provide me with a letter of sabbatical for my studies abroad.
4. My immediate elder sister would be acting as my co-sponsor. She had about 25,000,000 Naira ($19800 CAD) in her personal account and about 80,000,000 Naira ($63,000 CAD) in her business account. With all her business documents available.
5. My dad is late but had a company which I am a shareholder.
6. I have some land and property deeds on my name.
7. I plan of getting married by April 2024.
8. My graduate certificate fees will be paid by my sister upon admission, so the money in my personal account remains intact and as well increasing because my salary and other funds are still coming in.

Please my question thus is, do I have a chance on getting a student visa and also what documents can I present as evidence of home ties that would be strong enough. What are your recommendations and advice.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by richieway: 8:50pm On Mar 13
Hello guys, i am just being denied for my Swop on POF basis , i need to ask if am to leave the money for 3mths in my account without touching it or i can use my money and run my business . I need clarification on POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13
Devasia:

Hi guys, please I need advice addressing some concerns I have about lodging my visa.
Earlier this year Feb, my student visa to Australia was denied based on home ties, so now I want to apply to Canada and would like some feedback on my chances.
1. I have applied to Canadore College for a graduate certificate program ( 1 year).
2. I am currently employed and have 30,000,000 Naira ($23,000 CAD) in my personal account.
3. My workplace agreed to provide me with a letter of sabbatical for my studies abroad.
4. My immediate elder sister would be acting as my co-sponsor. She had about 25,000,000 Naira ($19800 CAD) in her personal account and about 80,000,000 Naira ($63,000 CAD) in her business account. With all her business documents available.
8. My graduate certificate fees will be paid by my sister upon admission, so the money in my personal account remains intact and as well increasing because my salary and other funds are still coming in.

Please my question thus is, do I have a chance on getting a student visa and also what documents can I present as evidence of home ties that would be strong enough. What are your recommendations and advice.
Thanks

Your POF looks good. Need to ensure the SOP is tight. Explaining all sources of funds with documentations ad well as proof of relationship. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:43pm On Mar 13
You have a chance of getting your study permit approved, home ties are already available from what you have shared.
Devasia:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:45pm On Mar 13
I advise you to leave the money till you get a decision.
richieway:
Hello guys, i am just being denied for my Swop on POF basis , i need to ask if am to leave the money for 3mths in my account without touching it or i can use my money and run my business . I need clarification on POF

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13
Good evening all.
I want to ask the best way to send passport to vfs Lagos via DHL, how can I go about this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 10:45pm On Mar 13
Zino89:

Congratulations

Please can I dm you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 10:51pm On Mar 13
zubizareta:

Your POF looks good. Need to ensure the SOP is tight. Explaining all sources of funds with documentations ad well as proof of relationship. Goodluck

Thank you.
Please I do have another question, is it advisable to submit both my sisters personal and business account statement just to corroborate the funds?
Also, must my fees be paid from either of the account or it doesn't matter where the fees will come from, as I just have to show proof that I have paid the fees. This is because my inlaw agreed to pay the fee for me as a means of his kind gesture.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13
John39swill:
Greetings great minds! This is to inspire u all.

Congratulations 🎉 👏 to me this morning.

My timeline: (Non-sds)

Application: 2nd of February
Biometrics completed: 5th of February
Medical passed: 4th of March
BVL: 8th of March
PPR: 8th of March

No agent, just myself and experienced friends

Glory be to God 🙏

Congratulations.
Please can I dm you or send you my email address? I would like to get some insights from you.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayosharon4321: 10:57pm On Mar 13
adigun27:
Plss house how can I pay my application fee for Conestoga college plss i need easiest method to pay

What intake are you going for??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rhythmnation: 11:46pm On Mar 13
This is lovely

Glossylips:

AOR - Acknowledgment Of Reception
BG - Background check > IP - in process NN - not needed NS - not started
BOWP - Bridge Open Work Permit
CEC - Canadian Experience Class
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
CIC - Canadian Immigration Center
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence
CPC - Case Processing Center
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
DM - Decision Made
e-APR - electronic - Application for Permanent Residence
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
eTA - electronic Travel Authorization
FST - Federal Skilled Trades
FSWP - Federal Skilled Work Program
IELTS - Internation English Language Testing System
IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
ITA - Inviation To Apply
LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessment
LOE - Letter Of Explanation
NOC - National Occupational Classification
OINP - Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PGWP - Post Graduation Work Permit
PNP - Provincial Nominee Program
POF - Proof Of Funds
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Residence
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
TRF - Test Report Form
TRV - Temporary Resident Visa
VAC - Visa Application Center
VO - Visa Office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 11:56pm On Mar 13
adigun27:
Plss house how can I pay my application fee for Conestoga college plss i need easiest method to pay

Which intake are you applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 11:59pm On Mar 13
adigun27:
Plss I need student who gain admission to Conestoga to advice me

I applied there too, write me on WhatsApp on zero 8 one 3 seven 4 eight 5 six 7 eight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:17am On Mar 14
Devasia:

Thank you.
Please I do have another question, is it advisable to submit both my sisters personal and business account statement just to corroborate the funds?
Also, must my fees be paid from either of the account or it doesn't matter where the fees will come from, as I just have to show proof that I have paid the fees. This is because my inlaw agreed to pay the fee for me as a means of his kind gesture.

Personally, since the Funds in both acct are genuinely available, I will advise you add both. The business acct will just be there to give the VO a clear understanding of the liquidity and financial capacity of the business while the personal acct will hold the funds for the applicant's expenses. You can state this clearly in the SOP. It's also important the sponsor demonstrates his or her capability and willingness to meet their financial obligations. Strongest way to demonstrate that is by paying the tuition deposit from either the personal or company acct. The personal will be preferable.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayosharon4321: 7:37am On Mar 14
John39swill:
Greetings great minds! This is to inspire u all.

Congratulations 🎉 👏 to me this morning.

My timeline: (Non-sds)

Application: 2nd of February
Biometrics completed: 5th of February
Medical passed: 4th of March
BVL: 8th of March
PPR: 8th of March

No agent, just myself and experienced friends

Glory be to God 🙏

Congrats, what intake??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 8:56am On Mar 14
Badadvisor:

I didn't process it myself. Used an uncle in Canada and my big bro as my sponsor and he sent the 30 million to my account.
Just woke up to several missed calls only to call my uncle back and he told me my study permit has being approved. I Wan run mad.
I have been kind of sick had seizure so i have been in the hospital since last week just got discharged yesterday and got the news today.
Traveled to lag last month for my upfront medical and biometric.
First time trial and it ended in praise.
I paid my full semester fee and did a 10k cibc deposit and 30m in my account sent by my bro.
If you read my old comments here you'd see how my process went through.
I'm still recovering but this good news just healed me 100 percent 😊

Hello Badadvisor,
Congratulations! Please may I know the list of supporting documents that you provided ?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 9:10am On Mar 14
Hello guys.

I was asked to submit my passport, I am thinking of using DHL or UPS because I am not in Lagos nor Abuja. Am I still going to pay the transmission fee because I am sending my passport to where I did my biometrics. What are the documents needed to submit along the passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 10:15am On Mar 14
Please are there other supporting documents I should add from the list below?

Proof of acceptance : Letter of acceptance (LOA)
Provincial attestation letter (PAL)
Proof of identity : A valid passport or travel document and Two recent passport-size photos
Proof of financial support : A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, Your bank statements for the past 4 months or is it for the past 6 months ? A letter from the person or school giving you money.
Letter of explanation
Medical exam

1-year tuition fee paid
Amount of funds required per year (not including tuition ) : CAN$20,635
1-year accommodation fee paid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 10:26am On Mar 14
zubizareta:

Personally, since the Funds in both acct are genuinely available, I will advise you add both. The business acct will just be there to give the VO a clear understanding of the liquidity and financial capacity of the business while the personal acct will hold the funds for the applicant's expenses. You can state this clearly in the SOP. It's also important the sponsor demonstrates his or her capability and willingness to meet their financial obligations. Strongest way to demonstrate that is by paying the tuition deposit from either the personal or company acct. The personal will be preferable.

Please can I send you a direct message? Would like your idea on an issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AJBforreal: 12:07pm On Mar 14
Please I want to get GIC account for study permit application, how do I fund the account, can it be funded from my naira account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 12:51pm On Mar 14
Devasia:

Please can I dm you
alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badb0y4lyf(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14
JMG12:
Fund your account, you can do a cash gift deed from any member of your family, return on investment with a certificate to back it up, you can also claim you sold the property. There are ways to go about it stop worrying your head, pls.
Is there a way I can contact you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:29pm On Mar 14
You can send an email using the default on my profile.
Badb0y4lyf:

Is there a way I can contact you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themillionman: 1:33pm On Mar 14
Please family..... kindly help me look through this and explain better to me please,....JMG, Zub, prince....abeg help me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:57pm On Mar 14
AJBforreal:
Please I want to get GIC account for study permit application, how do I fund the account, can it be funded from my naira account?

No, you cannot use Naira. You have source for USD and do a direct transfer from your dom account to the GIC account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 1:58pm On Mar 14
Themillionman:
Please family..... kindly help me look through this and explain better to me please,....JMG, Zub, prince....abeg help me

I think the funds are there but you didn't demonstrate sufficiently that sponsor is willing to sponsor the applicant. So you have to demonstrate it by transferring his full living expenses to his acct and pay part of his tuition deposit from large funds provided by sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14
Well done for all you do. Please do you have any idea about Prince Rupert in BC? How good the area is?
JMG12:
I advise you to leave the money till you get a decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:18pm On Mar 14
The city is good
kenoja:
Well done for all you do. Please do you have any idea about Prince Rupert in BC? How good the area is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by John39swill: 2:19pm On Mar 14
Bro/sis,

I'd advised that u leave what u ar doing and handle it ur self as this is something u shouldn't joke with. U don't want to hear stories. Furthermore u don't have to pay any transmission fee since u did ur biometrics there.

Don't forget to come along with the document they handed over to u after the biometrics.

evansky:
Hello guys.

I was asked to submit my passport, I am thinking of using DHL or UPS because I am not in Lagos nor Abuja. Am I still going to pay the transmission fee because I am sending my passport to where I did my biometrics. What are the documents needed to submit along the passport?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.