Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405873 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by alphabbey1(m): 4:02am On Mar 22
Cwaya:
Please I need assistance.
How do I go about GIC?
Do I need to buy CAD or USD to fund my domicillary account?
Which bank is preferable?
Can a relation in canada fund it for me? If not, is there a way for her to send the funds to Naija without converting to naira so i can fund my domicillary account ?

Procedure to open GIC in Canada

First you go to there website https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/ and create a profile.
1. You are applying for student GIC program

2. Minimum amount is $10000, you can do upto $50000

3. Select resident country

4. Do not check the I'd like to pay in canadian dollars box

5.. you will see an amount in USD click on it and continue, that amount will be held for 20 minutes while u fill the form

6. After filling the form you will be contacted by the bank in 1-2 business days with an account number to pay into

7.. proceed to the bank and make the payment from a USD account

NOTE: PAYMENT MUST BE MADE FROM THE SAME NAME ACCOUNT OTHERWISE THEY WILL RETURN YOUR MONEY. THIS MEANS NO ONE CAN PAY ON YOUR BEHALF. YOU HAVE TO PAY IT THROUGH A DORMICILLIARY ACCOUNT BEARING YOUR OWN NAME

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 5:14am On Mar 22
ICONEB:
You will get another mail to notify you that your passport is ready for collection.
Thank you i collected my passport yesterday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by richieway: 7:43am On Mar 22
JMG12:
I advise you to leave the money till you get a decision.
Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 7:54am On Mar 22
alphabbey1:

Please be informed that landing in the United States without a transit visa is not permitted. Therefore, it is necessary to cancel the planned mission.
What about two stops at Frankfurt and munich. Do i need a transit visa for that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by amazingrace2736: 9:25am On Mar 22
Good morning, I also got a withdrawal letter and I would like to reapply immediately. I am trying to send you an email. Kindly respond. Thank you
zubizareta:

I can understand your anger especially as the guy you quoted kept going forth and back that day attacking ppl that didn't agree with his opinion on something that clearly written on ircc website.
But I think you quoted the wrong person.

Sorry for withdrawal of your application, it's not a rejection. Your application fee will later be refunded as I heard. Submit another application immediately.
Next time no matter what you read here from anyone you think is portrayed as knowledgeable, always try verify from ircc website or from other reliable sources.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 10:53am On Mar 22
Hello house. Please this is urgent, will i need a transit visa traveling to Canada with 2 stops at Frankfurt and Munich?
It's Lufthansa Airline and the deal is pretty good for 2.5 while others I'm seeing is 3.7m to 4m with 3 stops.
Will a transit visa be required from me for the Frankfurt and munich stops?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 10:54am On Mar 22
Good morning Gurus. I need your advice.
I have a sowp visa while my spouse has study visa. We plan going there three months before the start date of her class. Will there be consequences? Is three months too early?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ozone0801(m): 11:14am On Mar 22
Nonino:
Good morning my people

Help please

I am looking for accommodation in malton mississauga ontario canada.
My school is cimt college. Canadian institute of management and technology
Am going in April
Any good contacts

Anyone looking for accommodation should go to places4students.com, then choose your college, then search.
Use VPN if it's not opening.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:48am On Mar 22
No consequence but you won't be able to do anything till the start of her program. you can go 1month ahead of time but if you have the resource for the 3 month you can.
evansky:
Good morning Gurus. I need your advice.
I have a sowp visa while my spouse has study visa. We plan going there three months before the start date of her class. Will there be consequences? Is three months too early?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:59am On Mar 22
Yes, 2 stops within Europe will require a transit visa.
Badadvisor:
Hello house. Please this is urgent, will i need a transit visa traveling to Canada with 2 stops at Frankfurt and Munich?
It's Lufthansa Airline and the deal is pretty good for 2.5 while others I'm seeing is 3.7m to 4m with 3 stops.
Will a transit visa be required from me for the Frankfurt and munich stops?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 12:00pm On Mar 22
JMG12:
Damn. This is frustrating

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TabletMan: 12:25pm On Mar 22
evansky:

It will be very difficult. Just go for PDG then 1 year masters. You will get your 3 yrs PGWP
What of someone with 2.7/5 GP, that wants to apply for industrial/mechanical engineering MSc?
Any chance of getting admission to any of the universities?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22
TabletMan:
What of someone with 2.7/5 GP, that wants to apply for industrial/mechanical engineering MSc?
Any chance of getting admission to any of the universities?

Go for PGD or Diploma course

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22
JMG12:

Within Europe or within Shenghen countries? What about Turkey and Denmark?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:30pm On Mar 22
Denmark is a member Turkey is not. You can try Turkish airways
evansky:

Within Europe or within Shenghen countries? What about Turkey and Denmark?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:33pm On Mar 22
You have sent me up to six default emails I have responded to all, kindly check well for my response, and check your spam too.
Crystalgirl:

Oh I’m so sorry but I haven’t been seeing the replies. Mtn network has been really crappy. Please I’ll try and message again and see if I’ll get your reply, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 1:35pm On Mar 22
JMG12:
Denmark is a member Turkey is not. You can try Turkish airways

Thank you. That is what I am using.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Beshibeshi: 3:04pm On Mar 22
Good morning everyone, PPR for my wife and son, pls what is the procedure to send passport for the both of them, and the cost implications thanks.
NB my son is a minor so no biometric don on him. Pls I need feedback from anyone. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mykcool(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22
dray1212:
are you at Algonquin college already?
I'll appreciate if I can mail you privately in regards to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ceeejaytee(f): 3:32pm On Mar 22
Hello everyone,

Please, is there anyone here who applied to the University of Saskatchewan for Fall intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 3:50pm On Mar 22
JMG12:
@JMG I’ve been trying to reach you via email. Kindly reach me on ogochukwu19-at-yahoo-dot-com. I’ll really appreciated your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GENUINEFILMS: 4:58pm On Mar 22
Good evening everyone here.

I would like to get answers for these questions?

1)What will you do when you get another intake date from your school after your study permit has been granted?

2) Can someone enter canada 6 weeks before resumption of studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mykcool(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22
seuncyrus:
For those who applied to algonquin, please did you do WES?
can the application fee be waived?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22
amazingrace2736:
Good morning, I also got a withdrawal letter and I would like to reapply immediately. I am trying to send you an email. Kindly respond. Thank you

Responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rhythmnation: 5:15pm On Mar 22
Hello everyone do I need a transit visa to tonronto Canada through France one stop from Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:17pm On Mar 22
Rhythmnation:
Hello everyone do I need a transit visa to tonronto Canada through France one stop from Lagos

No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GENUINEFILMS: 5:21pm On Mar 22
Bobomaigida:

No

Good evening .

1)What will you do when you get another intake date from your school after your study permit has been granted?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GENUINEFILMS: 5:26pm On Mar 22
zubizareta:

Responded

Good evening .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 5:51pm On Mar 22
Hello everyone, please i need your help,
Please what platform can i use to pay for my application fees, I don't know how to navigate ChipperCash, and I don't want my money to hook in the air.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rhythmnation: 5:56pm On Mar 22
Thanks

Bobomaigida:

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 6:12pm On Mar 22
NicoleThelma:
Hello everyone, please i need your help,
Please what platform can i use to pay for my application fees, I don't know how to navigate ChipperCash, and I don't want my money to hook in the air.
Thank you

You can use flywire if your school support flywire or dollar card if you have domiciliary account or know anyone who can help. The straight way is to buy dollar equivalent to the application fee and deposit it into your dollar card, then use your card to pay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 6:23pm On Mar 22
Thank you very much
Vikkyexman:

You can use flywire if your school support flywire or dollar card if you have domiciliary account or know anyone who can help. The straight way is to buy dollar equivalent to the application fee and deposit it into your dollar card, then use your card to pay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: mayrhe, Iderasokoya(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.