Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (406903 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:14am On Mar 19
Yes, the policy may take effect from Sept, so all SOWP submitted before the effective date will be considered.
Feignlies:
Hello NLs, can the spouse of a prospective college or undergraduate student also apply for SOWP alongside with the primary applicant for May and September, 2024 intake?

This is the last update on IRCC portal "In the weeks ahead, open work permits will only be available to spouses of international students in master’s and doctoral programs. The spouses of international students in other levels of study, including undergraduate and college programs, will no longer be eligible."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 10:05am On Mar 19
I applied to Conestoga since January and I'm still awaiting a verdict on my application. I checked the OCAS portal a few days ago and saw that I was placed on waitlist on the 2 optional courses I chose, while no decision has been made on my course of preference. Within this period I have already applied and gotten admission to study in the UK and I think I'd just take it, despite not liking the UK. My siblings and friends who live in the UK are telling me to rather wait for Conestoga verdict than to pay for the UK school tuition deposit because of upcoming UK study visa rules by the home office. Even though I understand their concerns, my home ties to Nigeria isn't even strong at all if I apply for a study visa to Canada. I can afford the cost of relocating to Canada myself because I have always wanted to relocate out of Nigeria so I planned financially for years. I refused to acquire any property, cars, and get married that would limit me when the time comes to leave. I'm also above 30.
My chances of getting a study visa is better currently with the UK than Canada, which makes the whole waiting for Conestoga verdict a waste of my time. With the news and rumors of how Conestoga College is badly run academically and administratively, also the housing and living crisis in Canada, I'm just like is it even worth it to go there for a PGD, when I can just get a master's degree in the UK for the same amount.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:54pm On Mar 19
MarksmanD:
I applied to Conestoga since January and I'm still awaiting a verdict on my application. I checked the OCAS portal a few days ago and saw that I was placed on waitlist on the 2 optional courses I chose, while no decision has been made on my course of preference. Within this period I have already applied and gotten admission to study in the UK and I think I'd just take it, despite not liking the UK. My siblings and friends who live in the UK are telling me to rather wait for Conestoga verdict than to pay for the UK school tuition deposit because of upcoming UK study visa rules by the home office. Even though I understand their concerns, my home ties to Nigeria isn't even strong at all if I apply for a study visa to Canada. I can afford the cost of relocating to Canada myself because I have always wanted to relocate out of Nigeria so I planned financially for years. I refused to acquire any property, cars, and get married that would limit me when the time comes to leave. I'm also above 30.
My chances of getting a study visa is better currently with the UK than Canada, which makes the whole waiting for Conestoga verdict a waste of my time. With the news and rumors of how Conestoga College is badly run academically and administratively, also the housing and living crisis in Canada, I'm just like is it even worth it to go there for a PGD, when I can just get a master's degree in the UK for the same amount.

Hi Mark, look at the big picture. The reason why many people go to Canada is that the pathway to citizenship is straight forward unlike UK which changes its policies every 3 to 4 years. You hardly see people from Canada relocating to the UK. I will advise and suggest that you wait for the College to give you admission or seek for admission in another school. As it is now, you are very free to make a lot of decisions because you do not have any dependent to consider and all the restrictive policies being introduced by Canada will really not affect you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 1:23pm On Mar 19
Bobomaigida:

Hi Mark, look at the big picture. The reason why many people go to Canada is that the pathway to citizenship is straight forward unlike UK which changes its policies every 3 to 4 years. You hardly see people from Canada relocating to the UK. I will advise and suggest that you wait for the College to give you admission or seek for admission in another school. As it is now, you are very free to make a lot of decisions because you do not have any dependent to consider and all the restrictive policies being introduced by Canada will really not affect you.

I concur!! Nice advise ever

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 1:39pm On Mar 19
Please house does fanwashe collage use study gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:19pm On Mar 19
Any application just cover up the study gap if there is any.
Lance008:
Please house does fanwashe collage use study gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victorious1000: 6:37pm On Mar 19
Any news concerning SOWP for non students of masters or doctoral degree? Can one still apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 6:57pm On Mar 19
Hello gurus, I want to ask how to extend my GIC account after a study permit refusal? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glossylips: 7:01pm On Mar 19
Victorious1000:
Any news concerning SOWP for non students of masters or doctoral degree? Can one still apply?

They have effect it today

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Excel2024: 12:09am On Mar 20
Goodmorning all, please I need help on how to about my children’s visa, I got my PPR ON student visa and , I wish to know the documentation I will need for the 2 of them,and how much I may likely need, I will like them to come for summer as I’m resuming May,,
Please , will I need both my statement of acc for the POF or that of their father who has a reasonable amount there and let him be the main sponsor, since he wount be coming with us, please I need guidance on how to go about it, and necessary documentations. I just want to apply and make sure their visa is on going before I leave, thank you all , pls hello pop, before brain scatter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kennedyuche: 1:19am On Mar 20
mykel1996:
Hello house, please is there anyone who got admission into fleming college looking to connect, I'm in Canada right now

Yes I'm coming in May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victorious1000: 1:29am On Mar 20
Glossylips:

They have effect it today
Thanks for your response, what do you think is best option for those looking to now join their spouse considering this new law
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by FratTee: 5:25am On Mar 20
Finally the long awaited PPR for my 2 kids.
First time applicant.
Study application and VV for my kids submitted: 29th Sept. 2023
Study PPR: 18th Oct. 2023 (PPR dropped 5hrs after my Biometrics)
Same day, they requested for consent letter and medicals for my kids (it was among the documents we uploaded) anyway, I attached the requested documents and sent them a mail (I mistakenly attached same child medical sheet twice, they responded immediately drawing my attention to my error and requested for the second child’s XXXX medical sheet which I resent.
Oct. 20th 2023, their portal changed to “medicals passed”
Now the long wait 🥹🥹, I sent a few mail but kept getting autogenerated responses. I had to defer from Jan to April intake.
March 18th 2024: PPR for both kids dropped at about 7:36pm😳😳😳
I have been a silent reader. Comments and testimonies from other members has helped to keep hopes alive.
For those still waiting, It will end in praise!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Excel2024: 6:14am On Mar 20
[color=#000000][/color]
FratTee:
First time applicant.
Same day, they requested for consent letter and medicals for my kids (it was among the documents we uploaded) anyway, I attached the requested documents and sent them a mail (I mistakenly attached same child medical sheet twice, they responded immediately drawing my attention to my error and requested for the second child’s XXXX medical sheet which I resent.
Now the long wait 🥹🥹, I sent a few mail but kept getting autogenerated responses. I had to defer from Jan to April intake.
I have been a silent reader. Comments and testimonies from other members has helped to keep hopes alive.

Wow, congratulations to you, the land will favour you and yours amen, please was it your statement of account you submitted as proof of funds?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Decharger(m): 6:53am On Mar 20
Please I booked for my medical with qlife family clinic.
I never knew that it's only location is in lagos.

I stay in the North,I really wanted Abuja for the medical.
Is there any way out for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by FratTee: 8:16am On Mar 20
Excel2024:
[color=#000000][/color]

Yes, my Bank Statement and my husband’s bank statement.

Wow, congratulations to you, the land will favour you and yours amen, please was it your statement of account you submitted as proof of funds?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 8:31am On Mar 20
Is it possible to get passport request for SOWP without Medical request?

A friend gotten a Passport request after they asked him to upload evidence that his spouse registere in a DLI and proof of school fees

Note; First time applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 8:52am On Mar 20
AskGod07:

A friend gotten a Passport request after they asked him to upload evidence that his spouse registere in a DLI and proof of school fees

No medical no PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 9:21am On Mar 20
Greetings

Please which folder is suitable for an applicant add "Proof of relationship " with his or her family sponsor.

Is it better add to "proof of funds "
Or to supporting documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:31am On Mar 20
Client information folder.
Daveconsult007:
Greetings

Please which folder is suitable for an applicant add "Proof of relationship " with his or her family sponsor.

Is it better add to "proof of funds "
Or to supporting documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 11:04am On Mar 20
Hello gurus, I was recently refused study permit. Pls can anyone of the gurus put me through on how to extend my GIC? As I was supposed to activate my CIBC account by May 6, but unfortunately I was refused visa now I want to send GIC/CIBC an email that I was refused study permit and that my account should be extended to my new resumption data. How do I go about it? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ekeson45(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20
Please people, I need help on this documents resize to 2mb, I did it, it exceeded 2mb, did it again, know its about 9kb but some documents you can't see even when zoomed... please I need advice to get it right and document could be seen too when zoomed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20
MarksmanD:

When you eventually get that Masters in UK, you will definitely struggle to convince a VO why you now want to cross over to Canada for another Masters or PGD.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20
ekeson45:
Please people, I need help on this documents resize to 2mb, I did it, it exceeded 2mb, did it again, know its about 9kb but some documents you can't see even when zoomed... please I need advice to get it right and document could be seen too when zoomed

Why not save yourself stress and use the old portal where you have a limit of 4mb.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:14pm On Mar 20
AskGod07:

This must have been an oversight by the VO. Your friend needs to do his medicals and send the medical sheet to IRCC for review.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 3:35pm On Mar 20
PPR drop for this application

evansky:

No medical no PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SeunFive: 3:45pm On Mar 20
Good Afternoon House,
Please I applied for my study permit on Monday, but for some silly reason I clicked 'No' in the 'Do you have a national identity document' section.
I just remembered now that what was being referred to was my NIN.
Can I use a webform to update my answer and attach my NIN slip, please advise?
I'll also appreciate the link for the webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:18pm On Mar 20
FratTee:
First time applicant.
And the big deal now is how to manage study in Canada with kids of certain age..
very difficult task!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20
SeunFive:
Good Afternoon House,
Please I applied for my study permit on Monday, but for some silly reason I clicked 'No' in the 'Do you have a national identity document' section.
I just remembered now that what was being referred to was my NIN.
Can I use a webform to update my answer and attach my NIN slip, please advise?
I'll also appreciate the link for the webform.

This will not determine fate of your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 5:07pm On Mar 20
Hello does this mean that my passport is ready for pick up?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 5:08pm On Mar 20
zubizareta:

This will not determine fate of your application.
Hi bro greetings.
Does this mean that my passport is ready for pick up?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anndav(f): 5:21pm On Mar 20
[quote author=ekeson45 post=129018897]Please people, I need help on this documents resize to 2mb, I did it, it exceeded 2mb, did it again, know its about 9kb but some documents you can't see even when zoomed... please I need advice to get it right and document could be seen too when zoomed [/quot

Print it out and scan it

Its easy to reduce a scanned documents am sure the one u have is the original copy

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.