Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (402475 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AcetylLily(f): 10:45pm On Mar 27
Eraytee:
Hello, please is there anyone who submitted study permit application in December 2023 for May start date and still waiting for final decision on their application? please kindly let me know, my spouse application is more than 13 weeks and stuck at eligibility review since 8th of March, school resumes early May...

Yes submitted 24th December approval came Feb 28th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 4:45am On Mar 28
congratulations on your approval, application submitted 19th December, still expecting from the VO

AcetylLily:

Yes submitted 24th December approval came Feb 28th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by KellyTech007: 5:28am On Mar 28
Hi ,

Please does anyone has any group where information is shared pertaining to

WHAT NEXT AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA/ GETTING PR AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA

I'll reply appreciate

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 5:33am On Mar 28
Eraytee:
congratulations on your approval, application submitted 19th December, still expecting from the VO

Have you sent emails to IRCC or raised webform stating your concerns and how you've exceeded the estimated processing time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 6:08am On Mar 28
Saskatchewan PAL isn't ready yet. Hopefully by first week of April my school said.
JMG12:
Contact your school for update some provinces has already started giving PAL except ontario!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 6:11am On Mar 28
I have sent webform 4days ago and nothing yet, its so annoying I will send another one tomorrow. please if there is a mail address I can send an email to please anyone who knows should please drop it for me.

Nauttyprof:

Have you sent emails to IRCC or raised webform stating your concerns and how you've exceeded the estimated processing time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by abbeybiodun: 8:32am On Mar 28
Eraytee:
Hello, please is there anyone who submitted study permit application in December 2023 for May start date and still waiting for final decision on their application? please kindly let me know, my spouse application is more than 13 weeks and stuck at eligibility review since 8th of March, school resumes early May...

Same here, application submitted since 29th December 2023 for May intake and yet no decision being made since then. It’s worrying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:47am On Mar 28
Lance008:
Please which collage allows student to pay tuition fee after weeks of resumption

Hello Lance008,

Universities give you that opportunity/option mostly but will require you to pay a seat reservation deposit as low as $500 less or more. Colleges normally will require you to pay (almost) half of the full fees. May be about $8,000 high or less.

However, some schools in the Atlantic provinces like New Brunswick Community College or Nova Scotia Community College will require students to only pay a mandatory fees of about $500, which is non-refundable. The same also apply to Holland College in the Prince Edward Island.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:52am On Mar 28
Wonder1844:
Good day all, I am considering applying to university at Concordia in Montreal while waiting for a response from the University of Calgary. I have heard that French is predominantly spoken in that province. I am curious if non-French speakers can find employment there. Thank you for your assistance.

Hello Wonder1844,

Despite Montreal being a French-speaking province, there is also a community of English speakers. Some of the residents are bi-lingual and getting jobs should not be any hassle.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:57am On Mar 28
Bamz555:
Pls can someone enlighten me about this GMAT/GRE requirement for university of Saskatchewan?

Hello Bamz555,

It is a standardized test to evaluate applicants' quantitative ability for graduate academic work. Some institutions grant waivers if the requirement is met.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:19am On Mar 28
olabisi6438:
Hello all, please who knows how to get my tuition refund from University of Regina?

Hello Olabisi6438,

Request it via your UR self-service portal or write the international admissions office, and include the required documentation in the email, for a firsthand guide. However, one annoying trait about the university is that replying to their emails is a major problem.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:30am On Mar 28
harmonyedu:
Hi, Kindly advise as I am about to apply.
I & my wife registered a CAC and have been in business together.
She is the student and I wrote a sponsorship letter, did an affidavit of support to sponsor her.
I also moved 35k pounds to her pounds account from the company account and put description as her living cost and paid her full tuition fee from the same Company pounds account to the school for her.
I have been paying myself and paying her, we are both signatory to the company account.
My question is, do I still need to do a board resolution in the company letterhead and also pay slips?
as we both have been getting 1k and 500 pounds respectively in the last 4 months as salary.

Note am applying for a Visit Visa with the kids as i cant travel because of our business in Nigeria.
Kindly advise

Hello Harmonyedu,

It is wise to include a board resolution letter that reflects the total amount accessible to her for the study cost financing, and that PA is also an authorized signatory to the account. The paid fees from the company account should be quoted as well plus the lump sums of money movement. Precise dates should be included for all activities relating to finance. Rather than sponsor her, you can write a support letter whilst she acts as a self-sponsored applicant. This is just an opinion.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Mar 28
Thcounsellor:
Hello Everyone, can anyone please help with the authenticity of this Canada new policy of student paying first year tuition before they proceed to issue student visa.

Hello Thcounsellor,

Paying the full tuition fees before application submission is now a newly implemented rule that international students must take very seriously. If you can, make the payment as soon as possible.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:45am On Mar 28
Bamz555:
Good morning everyone.
Pls is English Language Proficiency test a must for masters program, and if no which schools does not require it??

Hello Bamz555,

You do not need a test report if your previous studies were conducted in English. Nonetheless, few schools may require your graduate school to send directly to them a Proof of English Proficiency Letter at the same time when your official transcript is being sent.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Mar 28
Lance008:
Please do conestoga collage accept installment payment after $1500 tuition deposit

Hello Lance008,

After paying the $1,500, you will have to pay about $8,000 or as the case may be for the first installment which could be a short duration after the deposit fee is paid. Then, the second installment at a later date after study commencement.

Best Wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:56am On Mar 28
Kost:
hello Everyone
i need your help on this.
i applied to centennial college and resumption is early may
my first application got refused which i will reapply befoe month end when i tidy up loose ends

reasons for denial was about finances that i didnt have money of my own to sustain me during my stay in canada. my sponsors were my company ( owned by me) and brother so i have been advised to also put money in my personal account, use my personal acct statement, company account and brothers statement before reapplying

i have sent mails to the school to defer admission to september 24 but no response till now
i have paid first semester tuition already.

what do you think i do?

Hello Kost,

Log in to your student portal to initiate the deferral request. Before reapplying, pay the balance tuition fees and make sure your sitting bank balance in your account equals or exceeds $20,635. Every lump sum deposit should be well explained and justified. If possible, get your brother to transfer the funds to be shown as a co-sponsor to you then fix it in a fixed deposit liquidable prior to classes resumption and present yourself as self-sponsored.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:59am On Mar 28
prettytasha:
How can I send CAD directly from Canada to a Nigerian bank account ?

Hello Prettytasha,

Check if you can use LemFi. It is an app that allows international students to send money from their local bank account around the world including Nigerians, to the wallet to initiate tuition payment.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Pekela: 12:23pm On Mar 28
[quote author=Educhopper post=129144002]Saskatchewan PAL isn't ready yet. Hopefully by first week of April my school said.
[/quote
Saskatchewan automatically issued PAL yesterday for an undergraduate course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ceeejaytee(f): 2:08pm On Mar 28
ceeejaytee:
Hello everyone,

Please, is there anyone here who applied to the University of Saskatchewan for Fall intake?

?? 🥺
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by blesyndy360: 3:23pm On Mar 28
[quote author=Bhusawlah post=128703184][Was ur medical and biometric passed before it was withdrawn quote author=blesyndy360 post=128702632][/quote biometric passed, medical wasn’t submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Comfyski(f): 5:21pm On Mar 28
Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any information about applying for Personal care attendant at College of North Atlantic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 6:10pm On Mar 28
Ontario now issuing PAL to give priority to programs that will help to get into in demand jobs..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kennedyuche: 6:55pm On Mar 28
Has any one used Lufthansa Airline lately with stopover at Frankfurt?

Was transit visa required?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SeunFive: 7:04pm On Mar 28
Okay, thanks a lot.
oluayebenz:

With this itinerary
Transit visa is required
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28
Eraytee:
I have sent webform 4days ago and nothing yet, its so annoying I will send another one tomorrow. please if there is a mail address I can send an email to please anyone who knows should please drop it for me.

Send emails to the following email addresses and ensure you include your details:

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobiimdocument@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28
A friend want to apply to Culinary Arts in Conestoga College. No specific requirements to the indicated for the program.
Anyone studying that course should please let tell me more about the requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 7:48pm On Mar 28
Lance008:
House please am using an agency for proof of funds but not micro finance bank will the VO detect that the money is lien ?

Hello can we discuss ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28
Putin007:

Hello can we discuss ?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 7:52pm On Mar 28
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 7:53pm On Mar 28
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 8:11pm On Mar 28
Zino89:

Thank you

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28
Thank you so much

JustMellow:

Hello Wonder1844,

Despite Montreal being a French-speaking province, there is also a community of English speakers. Some of the residents are bi-lingual and getting jobs should not be any hassle.

Best Wishes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.