Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (402647 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 8:53pm On Mar 28
Thank you for your response.

JustMellow:

Hello Harmonyedu,

It is wise to include a board resolution letter that reflects the total amount accessible to her for the study cost financing, and that PA is also an authorized signatory to the account. The paid fees from the company account should be quoted as well plus the lump sums of money movement. Precise dates should be included for all activities relating to finance. Rather than sponsor her, you can write a support letter whilst she acts as a self-sponsored applicant. This is just an opinion.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 10:29pm On Mar 28
thanks a lot for your response

Nauttyprof:

Send emails to the following email addresses and ensure you include your details:

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobiimdocument@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milliondollarma: 10:41pm On Mar 28
Guys please can I still apply and target to join September even though my course application deadline is January 15 for Fall admission ? Bikonu answer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JejeIsLife: 11:27pm On Mar 28
Good day all, i am happy to be part of these great mind.

i have been given admission to study General art and science in one of the school in Canada province but i am stuck with Proof of fund. i have been doing this alone from the proceed of my work and i have single handedly raise 5million naira in the past 6 months but it not enough to serve as pof, although i am still putting in all my best to get the fund but i need to be need realistic with it because raising 40million naira alone from my salary is not feasible b4 the due date. please how do i go about the POF and do you think it is ideal to buy POF from this financial institutions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:10am On Mar 29
milliondollarma:
Guys please can I still apply and target to join September even though my course application deadline is January 15 for Fall admission ? Bikonu answer me

Hello Milliondollarma,

Usually, course-based programs could take up to 2 months or more for admission processing and thesis-based could stay for up to 6 months or less.

Some Master's programs in some schools have an all-session admission window, whilst others consider applicants' applications who apply after the deadline for admission processing for the next session intake.

Review the program's policy and if possible reach out to the admissions office to inquire about the possibility of being considered. In summary, it's not always advised to apply to a program after the admission deadline.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:19am On Mar 29
JejeIsLife:
Good day all, i am happy to be part of these great mind.

i have been given admission to study General art and science in one of the school in Canada province but i am stuck with Proof of fund. i have been doing this alone from the proceed of my work and i have single handedly raise 5million naira in the past 6 months but it not enough to serve as pof, although i am still putting in all my best to get the fund but i need to be need realistic with it because raising 40million naira alone from my salary is not feasible b4 the due date. please how do i go about the POF and do you think it is ideal to buy POF from this financial institutions.

Hello JejeIsLife,

If you can't be patient to save up from your earnings because of some reasons best known to you, the way forward is to engage in an arranged POF to build your account or get a capable sponsor who can show financial commitment toward your study intention. Additionally, if you are attending a university recognized by MPower Finance, then the option of a study loan is also there for your consideration.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:22am On Mar 29
milliondollarma:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tcrown2020(f): 2:01pm On Mar 29
KellyTech007:
Hi ,

Please does anyone has any group where information is shared pertaining to

WHAT NEXT AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA/ GETTING PR AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA

I'll reply appreciate

Thanks
Go to Nairaland living in Canada/ life as a Canadian immigrants thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tcrown2020(f): 2:07pm On Mar 29
KellyTech007:
Hi ,

Please does anyone has any group where information is shared pertaining to

WHAT NEXT AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA/ GETTING PR AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA

I'll reply appreciate

Thanks
Go to Nairaland living in Canada/life as a Canadian immigrant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ceeejaytee(f): 2:38pm On Mar 29
JustMellow:

Hello JejeIsLife,

If you can't be patient to save up from your earnings because of some reasons best known to you, the way forward is to engage in an arranged POF to build your account or get a capable sponsor who can show financial commitment toward your study intention. Additionally, if you are attending a university recognized by MPower Finance, then the option of a study loan is also there for your consideration.

Best Wishes!

Does the 40 million have to be in the account? Or do we have to just show that we can raise up to that amount before the end of the program based on the steady inflows and outflows in the account (business account)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DigitB: 3:24pm On Mar 29
Good afternoon my people.

I am new here.

I seek guidance from you the experienced ones...

I am a graduate seeking to do my masters in Canada.

I do not know where to start from.

Please someone should give me some suggestions on cheap school I can apply to and other steps I should take to achieve my JAPA goals.

I know such information might have been posted in previous threads but I'm having challenges navigating to those earlier information.

I'll really appreciate any assistance I could get here.

Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:27pm On Mar 29
As Ontario and other provinces have completed the PAL, applications are now extremely competitive; picture 9,000 kids fighting for 5,000 spots (NBC). Some PALs are one-time applications, which means they only have one chance to apply and be accepted. Please do not make the error that you have been making. What did not affect master's and Ph.D. applications is PAL, so these categories can be resubmitted; nevertheless, if the school or province already has the requisite number, the rest of the application will most likely be refused without sufficient cause. Before submitting your study visa application, you should be extra careful to properly package your application, close all ends, and conduct your due diligence.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bamz555: 4:18pm On Mar 29
JustMellow:

Hello Bamz555,

It is a standardized test to evaluate applicants' quantitative ability for graduate academic work. Some institutions grant waivers if the requirement is met.
Thank u very much. I’m particular about university of Saskatchewan?

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 6:37pm On Mar 29
Where to start is looking up the list of DLI schools in Canada, you can google, but here is the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
DigitB:
Good afternoon my people.

I am new here.

I seek guidance from you the experienced ones...

I am a graduate seeking to do my masters in Canada.

I do not know where to start from.

Please someone should give me some suggestions on cheap school I can apply to and other steps I should take to achieve my JAPA goals.

I know such information might have been posted in previous threads but I'm having challenges navigating to those earlier information.

I'll really appreciate any assistance I could get here.

Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Muslimity(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29
JMG12:
Where to start is looking up the list of DLI schools in Canada, you can google, but here is the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Dear JMG12,

Thanks for all you have doing, assissting others with valuable advice.

I heard that IRCC new policy now requires every study visa applicant to pay full first year tuition fees before submitting their visa application. I have researched far and wide just to confirm this claim but it seems the information is scanty and scarce. Even, I couldn't lay my hand on such information on IRCC website.

Please, could you help to clarify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by colored(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29
Muslimity:

Dear JMG12,

I heard that IRCC new policy now requires every study visa applicant to pay full first year tuition fees before submitting their visa application. I have researched far and wide just to confirm this claim but it seems the information is scanty and scarce. Even, I couldn't lay my hand on such information on IRCC website.

If it's not on IRCC's website then the information is fake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 2:06am On Mar 30
looks like the Saskatchewan province schools didnt send out letters generally on PAL issuance process like others did. When we were following up with Regina for PAL, someone informed me that he had gotten his PAL after paying CAD5k. Just doesn't seem to be coordinated

[quote author=Pekela post=129149386][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 6:10am On Mar 30
I guess so too. My wife has her LOA from sask poly with 10k cad deposit paid out of 19,400. Her school is yet to send her PAL eventhough she registered for it almost a week ago now. Hopefully it would be ready by first week of April. Shalom!!!
kenoja:
looks like the Saskatchewan province schools didnt send out letters generally on PAL issuance process like others did. When we were following up with Regina for PAL, someone informed me that he had gotten his PAL after paying CAD5k. Just doesn't seem to be coordinated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milliondollarma: 7:09am On Mar 30
JustMellow:

Hello Milliondollarma,

Usually, course-based programs could take up to 2 months or more for admission processing and thesis-based could stay for up to 6 months or less.

Some Master's programs in some schools have an all-session admission window, whilst others consider applicants' applications who apply after the deadline for admission processing for the next session intake.

Review the program's policy and if possible reach out to the admissions office to inquire about the possibility of being considered. In summary, it's not always advised to apply to a program after the admission deadline.

Best Wishes!
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Paulink(m): 7:24am On Mar 30
I greet you all.
Have been trying to pay for the $235 CAD (study permit and biometric) with my first bank naira card on the new portal but the transaction declined.

Please provide info on the way forward. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 9:36am On Mar 30
You will need a USD Card to make the payment as your naira card won't work.

If you have a dorm account, fund it and pay from there.

Paulink:
I greet you all.
Have been trying to pay for the $235 CAD (study permit and biometric) with my first bank naira card on the new portal but the transaction declined.

Please provide info on the way forward. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Muslimity(m): 11:31am On Mar 30
colored:

If it's not on IRCC's website then the information is fake.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mirrybell: 2:31pm On Mar 30
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a room in a house or an apartment (anyone looking for a room mate) to rent in saskatoon close to the University of Saskatchewan for May 2024. I would appreciate any information as regards this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mirrybell: 2:31pm On Mar 30
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a room in a house or an apartment (anyone looking for a room mate) to rent in saskatoon close to the University of Saskatchewan for May 2024. I would appreciate any information as regards this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:35pm On Mar 30
That is not true, the school might give you conditional admission it means you are to fulfill all conditions stated on your letter of acceptance, but if there is no condition then you can submit your study permit.
Muslimity:

Dear JMG12,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Muslimity(m): 5:53pm On Mar 30
JMG12:
That is not true, the school might give you conditional admission it means you are to fulfill all conditions stated on your letter of acceptance, but if there is no condition then you can submit your study permit.

Thanks @JMG12,

As a matter of fact, my admission offer has only one condition which is to have UNILAG submit my undergraduate official transcript to them (the DLI) before August 1st, 2024.

My admission offer from the DLI has a particular page specifically addressed to IRCC and titled "Letter of Acceptance".

In this Letter of Acceptance, there is a column as follows: "Fees prepaid: Yes or No", and the DLI checked "No".

I am tempted to understand this to mean that tuition deposit is not a requirement by the DLI. I came to this conclusion because there is absolutely no mention of tuition deposit in the admission offer, nor on their website. And throughout the period I was seeking this admission with the DLI, all the school (DLI) have to say is that tuition must be paid before September 1st.

Can I bank on this and go ahead to submit my visa application with IRCC? Or paying some part of the tuition can positively affect the decision outcome of my visa application?

I need your experienced advice, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bayo2024: 9:23pm On Mar 30
I applied for fall semester at the university of Saskatchewan.
ceeejaytee post=129054584]Hello everyone,

Please, is there anyone here who applied to the University of Saskatchewan for Fall intake?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by technix: 9:36pm On Mar 30
Yes, you can submit your visa application with this type of conditional offer.

It's not compulsory to pay tuition deposit in this case. But paying can facilitate a positive visa outcome.

Muslimity:

Thanks @JMG12,

As a matter of fact, my admission offer has only one condition which is to have UNILAG submit my undergraduate official transcript to them (the DLI) before August 1st, 2024.

My admission offer from the DLI has a particular page specifically addressed to IRCC and titled "Letter of Acceptance".

In this Letter of Acceptance, there is a column as follows: "Fees prepaid: Yes or No", and the DLI checked "No".

I am tempted to understand this to mean that tuition deposit is not a requirement by the DLI. I came to this conclusion because there is absolutely no mention of tuition deposit in the admission offer, nor on their website. And throughout the period I was seeking this admission with the DLI, all the school (DLI) have to say is that tuition must be paid before September 1st.

Can I bank on this and go ahead to submit my visa application with IRCC? Or paying some part of the tuition can positively affect the decision outcome of my visa application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:58pm On Mar 30
You can go ahead with your submission but if you have the means to pay your tuition you can as well do that, it will also reduce the financial burden
Muslimity:

Thanks @JMG12,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DigitB: 10:04pm On Mar 30
JMG12:

Thanks a lot.

I'll follow the link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Perripilzz: 11:19pm On Mar 30
Hello. Is there anyone coming into NBCC Miramichi? Sept intake? There's a room in a 2 bed that's available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chezonye: 11:53pm On Mar 30
Please is it true that Canada colleges don't do masters programs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: benja007 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.