Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409532 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adebenson155: 7:33am On Apr 03
Good day guys.

I got denied canada study visa in January.

I have just gotten back my 10,000 CAD tuition deposit and I don't wish to re apply until after one year

Will you advice I change the CAD to naira due to this fluctuation of naira and dollar, or I leave in CAD.

I am scared if I leave it in dollars in my account it might depreciate badly before the time I want to re apply.

I also need advice from people .
I am an Auditor. Which country outside Africa can I migrate to with 10,000 USD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by benja007: 7:52am On Apr 03
Please has anyone gotten their letter of attestation from conestoga college? I am suppose to resume in May and still not gotten the letter of attestation yet, I am confused

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 7:56am On Apr 03
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

I have just gotten back my 10,000 CAD tuition deposit and I don't wish to re apply until after one year

Will you advice I change the CAD to naira due to this fluctuation of naira and dollar, or I leave in CAD.

I am scared if I leave it in dollars in my account it might depreciate badly before the time I want to re apply.

Would you prefer Europe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 7:59am On Apr 03
Please how do you proof source of income for a Father sponsor who is a pastor and Also runs side business and also a Farmer.
Cause he did not have CAC o, but was planning to say money was from his ministry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:52am On Apr 03
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

Please LEAVE your funds in USD. The economic fundamentals do not any scenario the Naira will become stronger than the USD. Except you want to do business in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:54am On Apr 03
benja007:
Please has anyone gotten their letter of attestation from conestoga college? I am suppose to resume in May and still not gotten the letter of attestation yet, I am confused

That college has alot of issues to deal with, I am sure they have not worked out how to take care of all the students they admitted since their quota has been reduced. Just hope for the best and start looking for other schools just in case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:57am On Apr 03
Bibline:
Good evening House.

Please I need your input on this. My wife is applying for Student Visa. We(myself, my wife and son) are looking to apply for visa at the same time. My elder sister, who happens to be resident in Canada. Want to support our application with 10,000CAD. However, she is only willing to write a letter of support, and probably show her statement of account. So here are my questions
1. Is this convincing enough?
2. If not, what do you recommend?

Thank you Gurus

Not really convincing if the funds will not be sent to your account. She can send you the funds and back it with the letter of support and her payslips to prove the source of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 9:02am On Apr 03
OTSAMUEL:
Please how do you proof source of income for a Father sponsor who is a pastor and Also runs side business and also a Farmer.
Cause he did not have CAC o, but was planning to say money was from his ministry.

Please can someone respond to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jojomario(m): 9:06am On Apr 03
Again oooo. Has anyone gotten PAL from University of Manitoba? Or you know anyone who have gotten the letter. May resumption is not feasible as I am seeing it ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 9:15am On Apr 03
I'll advise you to convert your CAD to USD. Never make any attempt to convert it back to Naira. Also, if the money you used as POF is in naira, please convert it to USD. Better to be safe than sorry because Nigerian economy is too unstable.

adebenson155:
Good day guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 9:19am On Apr 03
Has any of those awaiting an update on their admission from Conestoga College gotten a reply on their application? My application has entered the 9th full week already and I've still not heard from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 9:30am On Apr 03
Abigbo:
Please how can the proof of funds for other years of study be demonstrated? Thanks

Hello Abigbo,

You can do so by proving (explaining) that your income source(s) are reliable enough to generate revenue surplus to offset any future study cost, without the expenses outweighing the income source(s), as well as adding sufficient documents to support your claims.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:00am On Apr 03
Bohye84:
Hello gurus in the house, please I need your input towards this question?

1. What docs are co-sponsor needed to submit?
2. Also if someone with some loan in Canada can be a co-sponsor?

Although the person has sent 13000cad to my account and also paid 5000cad first term tuition fees.

And ready to give a letter of support to show his willingness to do more once the application is approved.

Also, please I want to know for anyone that paid a deposit to know if it is added as part of available cash or only cash in bank statements?

Thanks, I intend putting my application soon and these are the grey areas that give me concern.

Thanks to all for your input in advance

Hello Bohye84,

For your question 2, using a Canadian or PR sponsor who has received some type of financial assistance or loan from the government, and has yet to repay in full, MAY reduce the competitiveness of the application, especially in the area of funds whether a commitment was shown or not. However, the overall assessment of the application would be at the discretion of the officer in reaching a final decision.

If this loan is reflected in the sponsor's bank statement, the necessary documentation proving the arrangement or ongoing repayment plans of the loan should be provided. The sponsor's employment and financial documents that show the sponsor's earnings (aren't outweighed by the loan and/or the sponsorship intent) will be very resourceful. Lastly, any funds used to liquidate any or part of the study expenses are calculated as available funds for the study.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:18am On Apr 03
Bibline:
Good evening House.

Please I need your input on this. My wife is applying for Student Visa. We(myself, my wife and son) are looking to apply for visa at the same time. My elder sister, who happens to be resident in Canada. Want to support our application with 10,000CAD. However, she is only willing to write a letter of support, and probably show her statement of account. So here are my questions
1. Is this convincing enough?
2. If not, what do you recommend?

Thank you Gurus

Hello Bibline,

Having a family member as a resident playing a role in the application, and considering moving with your family, means that you should work to demonstrate solid home ties so the presence of the family member in Canada shouldn't suffocate that which is had in your country.

Since it's a family application, the family member can be removed from the application and the funds the individual is supporting with can be shown to be gotten from another justifiable means. This will increase the ability to show stronger home ties.

However, ensure that your family has sufficient funds for the study trip higher than the supporting amount from the family member. Also, make sure the funds do not make up the bulk of the funds in the POF.

The family member's support letter could include accommodation, or as the economic circumstances of the family member permit.

Best Wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:24am On Apr 03
ehiremen2002:
Below was the PAL gotten from URegina.

I plan to guide her in applying, as she will be getting a bankstatement from her Uncle. was wondering what the best balance that should be in the account.

Hello Ehiremen2002,

The balance should include first-year tuition plus living expenses plus additional funds for the uncle's well-being and that of his family—according to their financial expenses.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:30am On Apr 03
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

Hello Adebenson155,

Poland is a considerable option.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:43am On Apr 03
OTSAMUEL:

Hello OTSAMUEL,

The best way forward is to register his business(es). He could choose to include you as a board member with shares in the enterprise.

Business receipts, sales ledgers, administrative operations records, supply contract agreements, utility payments, tax certificates, etc. are vital documents that would come in handy to show his economic activities and lucrativeness.

This would help you demonstrate home ties, long-term goal(s), and a potential income source for the unforeseeable future depending on how you are presenting your storyline regarding the prospective study and economic ambition in your SOP. If you need writing assistance with this, you can consider outsourcing it. Check GCMSWriters on IG/X for a well-written SOP.

Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:58am On Apr 03
Why do you want to wait after 1 year before you reapply?
You can save it in USD. USD/CAD is stable there is no way CAD will be more than USD.
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:02pm On Apr 03
If he owns the church is the church registered? He can use the certificate of registration from the church am sure they have account record of proceed from each service that can serve. Then for the farming what type of farming is he into?
OTSAMUEL:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehiremen2002: 12:55pm On Apr 03
I responded to the email.

OTSAMUEL:

Please I just sent you an email, I will like to discuss with you please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by FratTee: 1:39pm On Apr 03
Chinaza93:
Please who is traveling on the 1st of may to Vancouver BC wit KLM Airline

I am traveling first week of June to Vancouver via KLM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by prettyfaith65(f): 1:49pm On Apr 03
MarksmanD:
Has any of those awaiting an update on their admission from Conestoga College gotten a reply on their application? My application has entered the 9th full week already and I've still not heard from them.
I think u also need to apply on other schools,cos we that have given admission since November,we are still waiting to hear from them regarding on our PAL… I also heard that the school will have a reduction on their international students… so I hope u didn’t just apply for just one school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frank2zee: 4:12pm On Apr 03
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

What was the reason for denial?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 4:53pm On Apr 03
benja007:

Yes I got admission with my Pal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kamaladejoke: 4:56pm On Apr 03
Hello guys I recently got my admission letter from conestoga to study, and my class start in September, I don’t know how to start or where to start from and they said I have to pay $1500 none refundable fee as well too

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SeunFive: 5:27pm On Apr 03
Good Evening All,

Please I got an original passport request today but I have a Schengen appointment tomorrow.
Is it possible to shift my passport drop off for my Canada visa, in case I'm unable to meet up with the 30 days timeline due to my passport being held for Schengen processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by prettyfaith65(f): 6:30pm On Apr 03
kamaladejoke:

Yes I got admission with my Pal

When did u get that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by embee430(m): 7:59pm On Apr 03
adebenson155:
Good day guys.

I will advise you convert to naira. $ may drop to #800 in a months time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 8:07pm On Apr 03
Good Evening everyone. Please I would like to ask if anyone knows where best to find scholarships for PhD Science/Engineering programs

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: esedadon(m), DrLivzy(m), onyekachee(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.