Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409464 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 9:03pm On Apr 23
It's not showing because they didn't update the site. Did you apply via ircc portal? If Yes, focus on this portal for updates.

milkay:

Yes, you are right. This is a reapplication. On the tracker my previous applications are showing but this current application isn’t showing.

I really don’t understand why.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 10:48pm On Apr 23
Congratulations!! May God’s name be praised!

Please I would like to ask if it was really necessary to liquidate your assets.
My sponsor has like quarter of the money for living expenses in his naira account and also dollar account(we’ve already paid 50% of the fees) . But he has some assets like treasury bills, bonds, huge pension and also tenancy agreements to prove that he gets incomes monthly from being landlords in different places.

Is this enough to prove the fund? As he’s not willing to start liquidating his assets but he’s willing to share all these certificate of assets with me. The sponsor is my father btw.
God bless you as you respond.

Eraytee:
PPR gist

Let me start by giving God all the glory, thanks to everyone here. Special thanks to @JMG12 for always responding to my inquiry here. I was the one that put everything together for my spouse application.

We submitted the application on the 19th December 2023, upfront medical done on 17th February 2024, medical passed on 27th February. We got request for statement of earning via MBS on the 11th April 2024.

We invested our POF after submitting the application. We liquidated the investment immediately after we got the request and we submitted MBS on the 17th April.

PPR came in today 23rd April (exactly 18 weeks). Thank you all , I wish everyone expecting PPR success in the remaining part of the application, it will come through.

NB: ppr is a birthday gift for me and spouse exactly a week to our birthdays grin (30th April and 1st May respectively). God did it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:59pm On Apr 23
NicoleThelma:

My sponsor has like quarter of the money for living expenses in his naira account and also dollar account(we’ve already paid 50% of the fees) . But he has some assets like treasury bills, bonds, huge pension and also tenancy agreements to prove that he gets incomes monthly from being landlords in different places.

Is this enough to prove the fund? As he’s not willing to start liquidating his assets but he’s willing to share all these certificate of assets with me. The sponsor is my father btw.

You should place more emphasis on the balances on his naira and dom account, the investment accounts are not readily available to you. He can also move some balances to your account. Then you need to explain your relationship and HOW he gets his income with necessary documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 11:16pm On Apr 23
Thank you, there is no need to liquidate the assets, our case was different because the application took so long and I feel the VO needed to confirm if the funds were readily available, the reason for the request. so if what you are showing as POF as at submission covers your living expenses and tuition, there's no need to liquidate any investment.

NicoleThelma:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 11:18pm On Apr 23
Congrats boss. Looks like I also have the same kind of experience as you. Please can I send you a message.

onyekachee:
PPR dropped today,I want to appreciate God fr this miracle and also give a special shout-out to bobomaigida who assisted in this whole process,may God take you to greater heights in Jesus name
Application submitted 30th December
PPR dropped today
Self sponsored, single,no landed property or car documents submitted,it is indeed a miracle

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 3:29am On Apr 24
Hello everyone please I have been unable to book appointment for passport submission at VFS, this is the error message, please anyone with their contact details should kindly share it. thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by affoncad: 3:58am On Apr 24
A beg as,student let think and plan beyond visa especially regarding paying fees..you cannt depend on work to pay ur tuition fee as work no easy now in canada.many student dey over 7 month and no work! And some student already drop out school to claim asylum which is risky,..let be careful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:25am On Apr 24
Eraytee:
Hello everyone please I have been unable to book appointment for passport submission at VFS, this is the error message, please anyone with their contact details should kindly share it. thank you

Use another email or another system to do the booking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 9:09am On Apr 24
ok thanks 🙏🏽

Bobomaigida:

Use another email or another system to do the booking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 9:27am On Apr 24
Okay thank you

Bobomaigida:

You should place more emphasis on the balances on his naira and dom account, the investment accounts are not readily available to you. He can also move some balances to your account. Then you need to explain your relationship and HOW he gets his income with necessary documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 9:27am On Apr 24
Oh alright then, thank you.

Eraytee:
Thank you, there is no need to liquidate the assets, our case was different because the application took so long and I feel the VO needed to confirm if the funds were readily available, the reason for the request. so if what you are showing as POF as at submission covers your living expenses and tuition, there's no need to liquidate any investment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 10:11am On Apr 24
Daveconsult007:
Greetings gurus,

Please I need your insight on this POF, asking for a friend,

The applicant is being sponsored by her cousin but she also has own money in her account.

Going for 2 year program, total cost is 22k

1)First full year tuition paid by Sponsor 14,750.00cad
2) 21,000CAD GIC deposit made by applicant
(Sponsor contributed to her GIC investment)

Sponsor's current balance is 59-70K

Applicant closing balance is 11.3M Naira

Please how is this POF looking? Gurus help me

Hello Daveconsult007,

The applicant's POF seems good. The financial commitment made by the sponsor should be highlighted for the officer's knowledge. The said person should address any areas of lump sums in the financial statements to be used for the application and attach documentation. The next area to justify is the proof of a relationship with the sponsor.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajebogirl: 12:41pm On Apr 24
Hello everyone I first applied for a visit visa sometime last year, and this was the reason I was denied. Now that I want to apply for a study visa, what do I need to work on based on the reasons for the refusal of the visit visa. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:43pm On Apr 24
NSCC is a public school, they are eligible to give PGWP. I recommend
Bowluwahtifeh:
Good day everyone. I want to apply to NSCC but the new rule which states that people who study in affiliated campus won't be eligible to pgwp from September.....
Which of the NSCC is affiliated so I can avoid it? They have about 10 campuses. Google is not giving me the answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:52pm On Apr 24
An important aspect of the application is finance your sponsor might not liquidate his investment but the visa officer wants to see that the funds are already available to you or you will have to convince the visa officer that the invested funds will be available to you
NicoleThelma:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:53pm On Apr 24
You will have to address the concern of the vo when applying for SP, it's more complex than VV.
Ajebogirl:
Hello everyone I first applied for a visit visa sometime last year, and this was the reason I was denied. Now that I want to apply for a study visa, what do I need to work on based on the reasons for the refusal of the visit visa. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:59pm On Apr 24
Just be calm it will update, that is for sure. The issue is from their end.
milkay:
My medical passed on Thursday last week but I got an update today and when I checked the medical is blank no more updates.

Plus it’s been over 2 weeks I reapplied but the tracker has not captured my application.

Should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 1:10pm On Apr 24
JustMellow:

Hello Daveconsult007,

The applicant's POF seems good. The financial commitment made by the sponsor should be highlighted for the officer's knowledge. The said person should address any areas of lump sums in the financial statements to be used for the application and attach documentation. The next area to justify is the proof of a relationship with the sponsor.

Best Wishes!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Guruindahouse(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24
Hello House,

I want to know if it's acceptable to add crypto wallet (etherum) to boost someone financial support?

If the answer is yes, how can it be done?

Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:09pm On Apr 24
Guruindahouse:
Hello House,

I want to know if it's acceptable to add crypto wallet (etherum) to boost someone financial support?

If the answer is yes, how can it be done?

Thanks guys

It will not serve much cos the crypto is not readily available for your use. However, you can use it as part of your source of funds by showing your transaction history and explaining it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 3:25pm On Apr 24
mayrhe:
It's not showing because they didn't update the site. Did you apply via ircc portal? If Yes, focus on this portal for updates.

Yes, I used the old portal. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 3:26pm On Apr 24
JMG12:
Just be calm it will update, that is for sure. The issue is from their end.

Okay. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Deelady123: 5:03pm On Apr 24
drainoh:

Good[b][/b][b][/b]my own admission rejection come too in March. I think something is wrong in the application. They have given those they will give and have rejected those they will reject. Thank God I applied to 3 schools. Other two gave me admission. Na memorial reject me

morning, I applied since last year October and admission dropped in march.
I will suggest that you give them time because their response is kinda slow.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 79733139(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24
Please does anyone have the new link to check IRCC exchange rates? The old link is pointing to an error page.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 6:51pm On Apr 24
79733139:
Please does anyone have the new link to check IRCC exchange rates? The old link is pointing to an error page.

Use Oanda or XE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Agbanilagbatan: 7:30pm On Apr 24
Greetings Great Minds
I need help on how to arrange my document and also how to merge it, thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 8:08pm On Apr 24
This may happen if your medical is close to a year.
quote author=milkay post=129592116]My medical passed on Thursday last week but I got an update today and when I checked the medical is blank no more updates.

Plus it’s been over 2 weeks I reapplied but the tracker has not captured my application.

Should I be worried?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by igmentality: 8:44pm On Apr 24
Please is there anything wrong with using a business account for POF ??.

N.B theres also a loan on the account. but the account has a steady inflow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:33pm On Apr 24
Using a corporate account, you will have to submit a TCC along with it.
igmentality:
Please is there anything wrong with using a business account for POF ??.

N.B theres also a loan on the account. but the account has a steady inflow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 10:52pm On Apr 24
Please what are the documents to upload for "purpose of travel" I am applying for my wife.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SimiMaya: 11:20pm On Apr 24
Please how do I do upfront medicals with IoM in Abuja without IME number? I cant proceed with the appointment scheduling on the website without it.

Also, I am using my husband’s account and my office is sponsoring me. Actual study leave to return after the program. Is there anything I need to look out for? Can I submit documents signed electronically or it must be wet ink signature? All advice will be appreciated- please.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Meticu99: 11:48pm On Apr 24
For those looking to take the IELTS, I suggest you google Mafit Study Center. Their fees are cheaper than both the British Council and IDP. Don't know how hey do it and they give 1 month physical classes for free as well. It's worth checking out

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Ekenem123, AJBforreal and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.