Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407784 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by darasire1028: 7:35pm On Apr 17
pls my people...I try to apply for empower student loan when he get to a stage. it will stop moving on till I logout from the site ..what did u guys things is d problem...my school is U.R
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:49pm On Apr 17
onyekachee:
PPR dropped today,I want to appreciate God fr this miracle and also give a special shout-out to bobomaigida who assisted in this whole process,may God take you to greater heights in Jesus name
Application submitted 30th December
PPR dropped today
Self sponsored, single,no landed property or car documents submitted,it is indeed a miracle

Warmest congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tutuwealth(f): 9:08pm On Apr 17
Oluwaloniglory7:

If you have a sure plug go and do migration on your international passport to 10years to get your study permit complete at the port of entry.

I just captured yesterday for my own passport that will expired in May 2025 while my study ended in August 2025 already gotten my visa, I did migration 10yrs so I will be able to get complete of my study permit at the port of entry

ABEOKUTA passport office fast I paid on Saturday did captured yeaterday

please my brother, I'm new here and o really don't know how to navigate around . I don't know how to send an email to you because I need to talk to you about this 10years migration thing. Kindly get back to me so we can talk. Thank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Muslimity(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17
Ihangha123:

Here is my email address: ihaadogas@gmail.com.

Ooh, thanks.

I am just seeing this now. I have just sent you an email and awaiting your kind reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by victorygiven: 10:31pm On Apr 17
Hi guys, pls is police character compulsory for sudent visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17
victorygiven:
Hi guys, pls is police character compulsory for sudent visa application?
No. Don't do it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Godsdaughterfr: 3:43am On Apr 18
Hey everyone. So I'm currently trying to apply to canada with a student visa but I've been hearing they are rejecting people due to overpopulation so my hearts been a bit unsettled cuz I rlly don't want to skl In nigeria. My older sister is already in canada so I rlly want to see her. I got accepted to two schools but I'm going to nigara college and I applied for these schools using my waec result and got accepted in maybe 2 or one week. It was miracle but now I'm struggling due to nigerias weak exchange rate to pay fees because apparently canada asked fees to be paid in full instead of half ..is this true?
Also let's say I pay fees by May 10 and by God's grace and send in the whole application to be processed. Would I be able to get student visa before September and my mom is planning to apply for visitors visa. Would she be able to get and mind you she's been rejected before because she wanted to carry a dependent (my youngest sister)when my sister was travelling at first.
I hope to hear back from someone willing to answer me . Thank you!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 3:47am On Apr 18
Godsdaughterfr:
Hey everyone. So I'm currently trying to apply to canada with a student visa but I've been hearing they are rejecting people due to overpopulation so my hearts been a bit unsettled cuz I rlly don't want to skl In nigeria. My older sister is already in canada so I rlly want to see her. I got accepted to two schools but I'm going to nigara college and I applied for these schools using my waec result and got accepted in maybe 2 or one week. It was miracle but now I'm struggling due to nigerias weak exchange rate to pay fees because apparently canada asked fees to be paid in full instead of half ..is this true?
Also let's say I pay fees by May 10 and by God's grace and send in the whole application to be processed. Would I be able to get student visa before September and my mom is planning to apply for visitors visa. Would she be able to get and mind you she's been rejected before because she wanted to carry a dependent (my youngest sister)when my sister was travelling at first.

You have asked questions no one can answer. Your application been approved or rejected is if you meet all necessary eligibility

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by drainoh: 8:19am On Apr 18
Ceedeon:

Please gurus in the house, my son applied to Memorial University for Maritime Studies (Master) since January, until now, no response. He has written them, yet nothing. What is your advice.

Good morning, I applied since last year October and admission dropped in march.
I will suggest that you give them time because their response is kinda slow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sternakin(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18
Kudos to every contributor, so much learnt too

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 3:57pm On Apr 18
Gurus in the house please I would like to ask if using Mpower loan as source of fund for masters has any negative effect on study permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:03pm On Apr 18
The story you heard is not true, if you meet the requirements you will be approved. If you submit your study permit application now chances are you will still meet up with Sept and for your mom she can reapply every application is accessed based on it merit.
Godsdaughterfr:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 4:11pm On Apr 18
Daaaz0409:
Gurus in the house please I would like to ask if using Mpower loan as source of fund for masters has any negative effect on study permit application?

No, but you have to explain the essence of the loan and how you will be paying back the loan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tsquare299(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18
For subsidized application fees payment, contact me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bohye84: 7:44pm On Apr 18
Please who else apply for study permit this month and has heard something! Or will like to connect for tracker!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmmillenium: 8:33pm On Apr 18
I applied exactly 2weeks ago. 7days after the application, Ufront Medical was updated to passed. Since then...No show.

Bohye84:
Please who else apply for study permit this month and has heard something! Or will like to connect for tracker!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Whillz(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18
emmmillenium:
I applied exactly 2weeks ago. 7days after the application, Ufront Medical was updated to passed. Since then...No show.

Same here, no update since passing medical on the 11th April

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RommyNel(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18
Whillz:

Same here, no update since passing medical on the 11th April

Guys, it is PPR today.

timeline.

CAQ Issued Janaury 9
Permit Application: February 10
Biometric: February 12
IRCC Request for medical: April 11
Medical at IOM: April 15
Medical sent to IRCC by IOM: April 16
Medical Passed: April 18 (Morning)
BVL and PPR: April 18 (Evening)

God is the greatest.

Thank you at @MatrixReloaded, your advice on this thread were very valuable.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RommyNel(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18
Guys, it is PPR today.

timeline.

CAQ Issued Janaury 9

God is the greatest.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by victorygiven: 12:58am On Apr 19
Congratulations bro, pls did you include police character?
Can you list out your supporting documents so it can help others
Congrat once again
RommyNel:
Guys, it is PPR today.

timeline.

CAQ Issued Janaury 9

God is the greatest.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BeatThaMeat: 2:33am On Apr 19
Don’t believe any fool that will say it’s PPR guys at the end of the day they put someone else’s handle saying the person helped them it’s a lie from the pit of hell don’t believe !!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RommyNel(m): 5:23am On Apr 19
BeatThaMeat:
Don’t believe any fool that will say it’s PPR guys at the end of the day they put someone else’s handle saying the person helped them it’s a lie from the pit of hell don’t believe !!!!

If you lie/joke a lot, it doesn't mean everyone is like you. I am not here for banter or to do visa agent scouting for someone. I did everything myself. I did't use agents, I only got advice.

Please find the attached link where I was asking questions during my application and how the mentioned handle offered his advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/7916517/phd-pof-student-visa-quebec

You can click the Nairaland link to see it for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RommyNel(m): 5:46am On Apr 19
victorygiven:
Congratulations bro, pls did you include police character?
Can you list out your supporting documents so it can help others
Congrat once again

I included police character but I think it was useless. IRCC doesn't need PCC, so if you haven't done it, then don't do it, it is a waste of money. IRCC has their own internal means of doing background check.

Docs submitted:

- LOA/Admission letter, the admission came with 22500 CAD pa in support for living expenses for the PhD and a part tuition award (not full tuition waiver but the leftover can be covered from the faculty support)
- Quebec Certificate of acceptance
- Photo copy of data pages of all passports and pages with previous visa stamp and travel History (I previously studied and lived in Europe for close to 7 years)
- Resident permit photocopies for the two European countries I lived in.
- Marriage certificate
-SOP/Letter of explanation (4 pages with headings)
- Landed property with docs of valuation worth over N35m
- POF with bank letter head. The statement 8 month turnover is over N83m with balance of over N19m (I applied when exchange rate was at the highest level. I didn't attach any document evidence of source of income I only mentioned them in the SOP.
-Dom account statement with balance of just about 1600 USD, again no documentary proof of source of fund - just a mention.
- Exchange rate converter
- CAC company registration
-Consent letter from my wife and in the letter she attached three pictures, one from each of our court wedding, traditional marriage and church wedding. Then another picture showing us and my three kids).
- proof of payment of acceptance deposit (250 CAD)
-Screenshot of fulfilling of admission conditions (out of three universities I attended two sent original transcripts and the third one was in progress - one Nigerian Uni and two European Universities). I also explained this in my SOP.

- Police character certificate (this was unnecessary waste of money - don't do it).

-University transcripts and degree certificates
-NYSC certificate (this was unnecessary in my opinion)

These are the much I can remember for now.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajebogirl: 10:00am On Apr 19
RommyNel:

I included police character but I think it was useless. IRCC doesn't need PCC, so if you haven't done it, then don't do it, it is a waste of money. IRCC has their own internal means of doing background check.

Docs submitted:

- LOA/Admission letter, the admission came with 22500 CAD pa in support for living expenses for the PhD and a part tuition award (not full tuition waiver but the leftover can be covered from the faculty support)
- Quebec Certificate of acceptance
- Photo copy of data pages of all passports and pages with previous visa stamp and travel History (I previously studied and lived in Europe for close to 7 years)
- Resident permit photocopies for the two European countries I lived in.
- Marriage certificate
-SOP/Letter of explanation (4 pages with headings)
- Landed property with docs of valuation worth over N35m
- POF with bank letter head. The statement 8 month turnover is over N83m with balance of over N19m (I applied when exchange rate was at the highest level. I didn't attach any document evidence of source of income I only mentioned them in the SOP.
-Dom account statement with balance of just about 1600 USD, again no documentary proof of source of fund - just a mention.
- Exchange rate converter
- CAC company registration
-Consent letter from my wife and in the letter she attached three pictures, one from each of our court wedding, traditional marriage and church wedding. Then another picture showing us and my three kids).
- proof of payment of acceptance deposit (250 CAD)
-Screenshot of fulfilling of admission conditions (out of three universities I attended two sent original transcripts and the third one was in progress - one Nigerian Uni and two European Universities). I also explained this in my SOP.

- Police character certificate (this was unnecessary waste of money - don't do it).

-University transcripts and degree certificates
-NYSC certificate (this was unnecessary in my opinion)

These are the much I can remember for now.

Congratulations. Did you pay any other money to the school aside the 250CAD acceptance fee?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chilovexxx: 12:42pm On Apr 19
Good afternoon everyone, please assist
Am currently looking for schools for my masters without IELTS..

B.Ed in Early childhood/ Physics..
Currently working in an Insurance company
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 2:36pm On Apr 19
Chilovexxx:
Good afternoon everyone, please assist
Am currently looking for schools for my masters without IELTS..

B.Ed in Early childhood/ Physics..
Currently working in an Insurance company

Decide on the course you want to study then start your search from google. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makpenen(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19
Ihangha123:

Here is my email address: ihaadogas@gmail.com.

Good day, bro

I sent you an email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by anori: 6:30pm On Apr 19
Anyone looking for an affordable room in an apartment in Winnipeg close to University of Winnipeg (10 mins walk) starting school this April/May and ready to move May 1st. Preferably female, no space for couple. Hit me up Asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bohye84: 7:20pm On Apr 19
PPR is sure with this, God is with us and we shall be favoured ijn. Amen

emmmillenium:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RommyNel(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19
Ajebogirl:

Congratulations. Did you pay any other money to the school aside the 250CAD acceptance fee?

No, I didn't make any other payment. it is just the 250 CAD acceptance fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anjycoco: 11:27pm On Apr 19
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone here applied to durham college, have they said anything about their application for attestation letters?

I look forward to a response please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 10:22am On Apr 20
RommyNel:

If you lie/joke a lot, it doesn't mean everyone is like you. I am not here for banter or to do visa agent scouting for someone. I did everything myself. I did't use agents, I only got advice.

Please find the attached link where I was asking questions during my application and how the mentioned handle offered his advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/7916517/phd-pof-student-visa-quebec

You can click the Nairaland link to see it for yourself.
. Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Okeyboy90, SteveElo, ehiremen2002 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.