Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409116 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 11:48pm On Apr 24
I’m getting really worried 😟

May2707:
I am o..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Goshen22: 8:02am On Apr 25
Please, is this flight okay without transit visa or anything

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:59am On Apr 25
You can schedule an upfront medical without an IME number. Send them an email
Don't submit your application without your account, your hubby should send the funds to your account.
yes, you can sign electronically for those that require it while others you validate the form.
SimiMaya:
Please how do I do upfront medicals with IoM in Abuja without IME number? I cant proceed with the appointment scheduling on the website without it.

Also, I am using my husband’s account and my office is sponsoring me. Actual study leave to return after the program. Is there anything I need to look out for? Can I submit documents signed electronically or it must be wet ink signature? All advice will be appreciated- please.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mysterious33(m): 9:07am On Apr 25
Goshen22:

You can't land in the States without a visa. Try KLM with stop-over in Amsterdam.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 11:20am On Apr 25
Good day house, Can I summit my application two weeks after receiving a lump sum ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SimiMaya: 11:55am On Apr 25
Thank you so much

The problem is that I took a loan from my office for PoF but routed it through my husband’s company cz he needed it for his own PoF. The company then paid into his account. I am worried that if I use my account, it would show that its the same money going round.

I was also asking if my company needs to sign the letters in wet ink too.

JMG12:
Don't submit your application without your account, your hubby should send the funds to your account.
yes, you can sign electronically for those that require it while others you validate the form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 12:13pm On Apr 25
Goshen22:

Please are you going for fall 2024?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 1:00pm On Apr 25
Wow thanks so much for such a comprehensive response. Super grateful
JustMellow:

Hello Bobodudu100,

Good to know you are making efforts to secure one.

Since the question relates to academic supervision, I will just drop some quick hints about contacting a supervisor, which has no definite approach, for public digest.

• Start by reviewing the list of faculty members on the program page.

• Trim the members down to the numbers whose research areas directly align with your research interests.

• Check for their most recent publications and/or research, or if they have an upcoming webinar. Don't fail to attend the webinar if there is open.

n.b.
Mostly, some supervisors are quick to turn down a supervision request but don't let it deter your morale.

• Compose an email of about 50 - 100 words and use an attractive SUBJECT. You can attach your résumè, but it's optional.

• The email should reflect your research interest linking it to that of the supervisor, with concise reasons why interested in researching under the professor's guidance, including the benefits the research would bring to the professor's research or academic objectives.

• Reference a supervisor by the title as stated in the list of faculty members on the program page. For Academic Statement/SOP writing, chat on IG/X with @GCMSWriters.

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 1:12pm On Apr 25
TradeSunMoore:
This may happen if your medical is close to a year.
quote author=milkay post=129592116]My medical passed on Thursday last week but I got an update today and when I checked the medical is blank no more updates.

Plus it’s been over 2 weeks I reapplied but the tracker has not captured my application.

Should I be worried?

Oh I see. My first medical expires April 24, 2024. However, I did another one this year and uploaded it. It’s possible the VO looks at the old medical result which is why it went blank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BeatThaMeat: 1:24pm On Apr 25
bobodudu100:
Wow thanks so much for such a comprehensive response. Super grateful

Bro I have been messaging you on WhatsApp!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mysterious33(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25
Hey guys,

For those that arrived in Canada before the first day of class. Did you get a health insurance during time before the first day of class?
Did the Canadian visa officer request for the health insurance?
If you paid for health insurance, which provider did you use?

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 2:38pm On Apr 25
Actually there's no problem with submitting your application without your account, I am the sponsor of my spouse too and we didnt show any account statement from her, we only showed her employment letter, reference letter from employer, study leave letter, and pay slip for 6 months. all you need is to show the source of the accumulated funds from your spouse and you'll be fine. my spouse application was approved few days ago. your spouse is actually a direct sponsor.

SimiMaya:
Thank you so much

The problem is that I took a loan from my office for PoF but routed it through my husband’s company cz he needed it for his own PoF. The company then paid into his account. I am worried that if I use my account, it would show that its the same money going round.

I was also asking if my company needs to sign the letters in wet ink too.

JMG12:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 2:53pm On Apr 25
milkay:

This is not far from it. The expired medical was taken taken. Once the new one is worked on, it will revert to PASSED

Oh I see. My first medical expires April 24, 2024. However, I did another one this year and uploaded it. It’s possible the VO looks at the old medical result which is why it went blank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BeatThaMeat: 4:28pm On Apr 25
Justmellow I have been sending you tons of messages on WhatsApp what’s going on ?

Eraytee:
Actually there's no problem with submitting your application without your account, I am the sponsor of my spouse too and we didnt show any account statement from her, we only showed her employment letter, reference letter from employer, study leave letter, and pay slip for 6 months. all you need is to show the source of the accumulated funds from your spouse and you'll be fine. my spouse application was approved few days ago. your spouse is actually a direct sponsor.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 4:54pm On Apr 25
[quote author=TradeSunMoore post=129629571][/quote]

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adajulien: 5:57pm On Apr 25
Please my sister is doing something simila. Please can i chat you up through your email or whatsapp? Please i need your help
Eraytee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kenn55: 8:23pm On Apr 25
Please guys,

For someone applying for study visa with her child, how should she go about it?

Apply for her study permit in a separate application and apply for her child visit visa in a separate application? Or is there a way she can apply together with the child?

I learnt there is old and new portal, which one should she use in this case?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hairbytosy: 8:45pm On Apr 25
If you're going bto George Brown college in Canada
You can be able bto secure study loan

https://app.passage.com/school/george-brown-college?ref=ZBLJ6D5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 9:02pm On Apr 25
JustMellow:

Hello Daaaz0409,

To your number one question, not necessary. Not every application is subjected to a secondary verification when updated financial proof is requested. If the money is to be moved maybe for an ineluctable reason of business or containing financial losses, ensure the funds are easily accessible in the case an updated proof of funds is requested.

Yes to your number two question. Your sponsor must have not sought public recourse in Canada, and if one was taken, it must have been repaid to meet the description of an eligible sponsor. Proof of relationship, funds, and economic stability will be required. An important area you will have to painstakingly work on is how to demonstrate rigid home ties so your family ties in Canada don't outweigh those in your home country.

Best Wishes!
Thank you very much for your response God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 9:12pm On Apr 25
Eraytee:
Yes she submitted it initially and they requested for it again.

Yes you have to show the amount that covers your tuition and living expenses in whatever account you are using.

thank you very much for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 9:25pm On Apr 25
Please I have more questions regarding this pof

I’m using my dad as my full sponsor but the lump sum is going to be paid into his account from my uncle’s company account,

1. can the money be paid at once or should it be in bits
2. we plan on explaining that he sold one of his landed properties for the money, what are the additional documents that would be required to support the pof.
3. Does he need to submit bank statements from his other accounts? Or just the account with the pof
4. Should he include documents of his other properties or it’s not needed
5. How long should the money stay in his account before we print the statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tripitaka: 9:46pm On Apr 25
Good evening everyone,

I have a little confusion.

I'm trying to send my transcript electronically to Canada. My school requested that electronic copy of the transcript "must be sent via a secure delivery service, directly from the official institution".

I now reached out to my undergrad school, and they're saying they typically send via mail to the school directly without using any intermediary and that it's always honored.

Its confusing for me becasue if they are to send directly.tl Canada, it means the instruction of using a "secure delivery service" have not been met.

Does this matter or can my school send directly to Canada?

Someone please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 6:22am On Apr 26
Good Morning house, I need some advise to apply for a visitor visa for my wife and the kids to come and visit me in Canada during my study

Also, i recently applied for a semester break to resume my second semester in September 2024 instead of May 2024, which is already approved and i was issued a leave approval letter from the school.

My question now is that should i include the leave approval letter for semester break in their application or i should not mention it? because i mentioned i needed a semester break due to unexpected marriage conflict in the course of my absence around my family, which has increasingly been difficult for me to concentrate with my studies and this really affecting my mental health.

Can i also state this as their reason to visit me in Canada for duration of 2 weeks?

Can they stay in the hotel during their visit in Canada

Note: They were recently refused in January 2024 for SOWP & Study visa for the kids because i didn't included my own bank account and despite that my wife had a sufficient funds in her bank account with the proof of funds.

Your insight is highly needed

Thanks

the reason istates the reason why i wanted to to visit me? Because i mentioned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aibisoye0: 11:19am On Apr 26
Hello House,

Please I have a quick question. My brother who has a visit visa has recently gotten admission to school here in Canada while on holidays. He was planning to go back in July. Now that he has gotten an admission he will like to apply from here.

My questions go thus:
1. can he apply from here while on a visit visa as inside canada or outside canada?

2. He only has his full Tuition for the one year program and my wife and I are willing to sponsor him and show the living cost balance from our Canadian joint bank statements.

3. What will I need to provide him if we are to stand as his sponsor?

4. Does he need to open a bank account here since he's around and we transfer the funds in there for him to support his application or bank statements/T4/Employment details from both wife and I will suffice?

Please house, I will need clarity on this.. anyone who has been in same situation before.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bohye84: 12:16pm On Apr 26
Hello Gurus!

Please how long does it take for PPR to land after Medical is shown passed, especially for an upfront medical applicant who submitted medical report with the SP application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Haywhy433(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26
Goodday good people
I have a friend in Canada that wants to attend a Private College due to the expensive fees of the public colleges. The private college officials told her she’d do ‘flag pole’ (If I heard that well), that she would be able to get a post graduate work permit this way after study.
My friend is not sure about what the Private college officials said, and concerned about her chances of getting a PGWP after completion of the study.
Please help with clarification good people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ladheyy(f): 2:08pm On Apr 26
Hi guys.
Please, does anyone have a link to Concordia University of Edmonton prospective students group, or is there anyone who will be going there in August?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deejay102: 3:12pm On Apr 26
Haywhy433:
Goodday good people
I have a friend in Canada that wants to attend a Private College due to the expensive fees of the public colleges. The private college officials told her she’d do ‘flag pole’ (If I heard that well), that she would be able to get a post graduate work permit this way after study.
My friend is not sure about what the Private college officials said, and concerned about her chances of getting a PGWP after completion of the study.
Please help with clarification good people.

To Flagpole means to drive to a canadian border with the US and walking out of canada and back in without getting into US. It is a kind of exit and entry. Completely legal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SimiMaya: 3:17pm On Apr 26
Eraytee:

Thank you so so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makpenen(m): 3:32pm On Apr 26
Greeting to the gurus here.
Please anyone here to link me with someone who can do investment letter/certificate?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:49pm On Apr 26
Is your dad the one applying for SP? what you are trying to do will likely result in visa refusal. The money should be sent to your account, explain the lump sum with documents, let your uncle be a sponsor, attach his documents, source of income, TCC, CAC, letter of support, board resolution if the company is partnership, proof of relationship. I believe this will help
Daaaz0409:
Please I have more questions regarding this pof

I’m using my dad as my full sponsor but the lump sum is going to be paid into his account from my uncle’s company account,

1. can the money be paid at once or should it be in bits
2. we plan on explaining that he sold one of his landed properties for the money, what are the additional documents that would be required to support the pof.
3. Does he need to submit bank statements from his other accounts? Or just the account with the pof
4. Should he include documents of his other properties or it’s not needed
5. How long should the money stay in his account before we print the statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:51pm On Apr 26
the duration can not be determined, it can come anytime after medical has been passed kindly be wait and patient
Bohye84:
Hello Gurus!

Please how long does it take for PPR to land after Medical is shown passed, especially for an upfront medical applicant who submitted medical report with the SP application.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Rhythmnation, horlorbah(m), huzzman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.