Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423547 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CokeBar(f): 3:40am On Apr 30
If you'd be studying at Durham, Ontario Tech or Trent University, oshawa and you need Airbnb Rental, hit me up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chezonye: 10:07am On Apr 30
Hi does anyone know any financial institutions that actually support college students with students loan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Haywhy433(m): 11:13am On Apr 30
zubizareta:

She should ignore them. You can only successfully flagpole if the school is offering programs eligible for PGWP. Since they aren't, then they will be turned back at the border.
Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Haywhy433(m): 11:13am On Apr 30
House34:

Let ur friend check ircc website if the school and course qualify for pgwp and if not that flag pole therory is a liar but just a marketing format by the private college and part reason some student are stranded after graduate from non- pgwp college especially in ontario .you need lmia to flagpole in that situAtion which is not easy !

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ceeejaytee(f): 3:40pm On Apr 30
Hello everyone, please can anyone recommend a site to use and pay application fees/tuition, apart from Flywire?

The school I want to pay to isn't on the list, please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 4:46pm On Apr 30
ceeejaytee:
Hello everyone, please can anyone recommend a site to use and pay application fees/tuition, apart from Flywire?

The school I want to pay to isn't on the list, please. Thank you

Your school would have given you the ways to make payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chrisifeanyi: 4:55pm On Apr 30
Anybody going to the University of Calgary for Fall intake (Masters) should quote my post or DM let's link up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 5:16pm On Apr 30
Please, what are the reasons you gave for your earlier arrival in Canada? Didn't the immigration officers questioned you at the airport, since school resumption date is still far ??

Badadvisor:

I arrived for fall 2024 few days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bukky562(f): 5:59pm On Apr 30
Chapecoense:

Hey, my bro just got his attestation letter for U of R. Just Make sure your tuition deposit has been paid to be placed on the eligible list.

Please can we talk? I got my PAL from University of Regina but the format of document is somehow... It's broken in several pages.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bukky562(f): 5:59pm On Apr 30
I got my PAL from University of Regina but it's broken down into 71 pages. Can anyone help or is that how others got their own?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 6:01pm On Apr 30
OTSAMUEL:
PLEASE GURUS IN THE HOUSE I CALL UNTO FOR AND ADVICE.

It was concerning a CAC documents to be submitted for proof of source of income. The CAC was Certificate of incorporated trustee in which the trustees was listed in the front of the CAC. The issue now is the person who was the acting CEO of the company his name was not listed among the trustees on the CAC. So I would it affect and how can I convince the ircc that he is the CEO of the company. Please CAC gurus calling into you now.

PLEASE I NEED MORE OPINIONS ON THIS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 6:01pm On Apr 30
Bukky562:
I got my PAL from University of Regina but it's broken down into 71 pages. Can anyone help or is that how others got their own?

No it's just like Two pages o. 71 pages ke. Am not sure that PAL sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 6:33pm On Apr 30
Have you gotten your study permit?
chrisifeanyi:
Anybody going to the University of Calgary for Fall intake (Masters) should quote my post or DM let's link up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bukky562(f): 6:58pm On Apr 30
OTSAMUEL:

No it's just like Two pages o. 71 pages ke. Am not sure that PAL sha

I got the correct version already.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chrisifeanyi: 7:29pm On Apr 30
Wonder1844:
Have you gotten your study permit?

No, about to submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30
chrisifeanyi:

No, about to submit

Me too. So let's link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 9:31pm On Apr 30
mayrhe:
Please, what are the reasons you gave for your earlier arrival in Canada? Didn't the immigration officers questioned you at the airport, since school resumption date is still far ??

School resumption is may 6th that's not far away. It's close rather because finding an apartment here is really tough.
My friend doesn't stay in this province so it's crazy down here for real.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by EdoPresido: 9:40pm On Apr 30
Hello gurus in the house.
I need an urgent help. I applied for GCMS Notes on the 21st of February and I am yet to get a reply as at today.

I beg make una reply me ooO!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bukky562(f): 10:02pm On Apr 30
Please University of Regina Applicants, where are you? Let's brainstorm together. E Joo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 11:36pm On Apr 30
May 6 is close....When you said Fall, so I was imagining how you did it, cause Fall is September.

Badadvisor:

School resumption is may 6th that's not far away. It's close rather because finding an apartment here is really tough.
My friend doesn't stay in this province so it's crazy down here for real.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by igmentality: 11:47pm On Apr 30
Please. im doing a 4 year undergraduate program and my agent is saying that i need to show proof of funds for 4 years. That kind of money is not feasible.. i have enough for the first 2 years. please should i disregard what the agent is saying and go on with what i have ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 11:53pm On Apr 30
mayrhe:
May 6 is close....When you said Fall, so I was imagining how you did it, cause Fall is September.

Yeah my bad, spring*
Whatever you are doing just try to take care of your accommodation issue few days or a week before your flight date

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:25am On May 01
igmentality:
Please. im doing a 4 year undergraduate program and my agent is saying that i need to show proof of funds for 4 years. That kind of money is not feasible.. i have enough for the first 2 years. please should i disregard what the agent is saying and go on with what i have ..

2 years should be fine as long as you can convince the VO of the availability and accessibility of those funds and uts source. The VO will take his decisions using these factors as he will determine if the next 2 years of funds will be readily made available.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by victorygiven: 6:16am On May 01
Hi guys, pls can someone use microfinance bank as proof of funds? Hope it doesn't have any effect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ceeejaytee(f): 9:45am On May 01
Bobomaigida:

Your would have given you the ways to make payment.

What if their method is through card payment or going to the bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victoryokondu: 11:49am On May 01
Hello guys I submitted my application on April 6, 2024 via the old portal and I just noticed that my eligibility review just started. Has anyone else who applied on the old portal noticed same?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bohye84: 1:44pm On May 01
Yeah! Mine too is under review and background check under processing, I applied like 6days after yours. Although my medical has been updated since 20th, ever since then it has been prayer for favourable decision

Has your medical been updated?

Victoryokondu:
Hello guys I submitted my application on April 6, 2024 via the old portal and I just noticed that my eligibility review just started. Has anyone else who applied on the old portal noticed same?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajoself(m): 2:29pm On May 01
Hello good people of Nairaland,

I am on a tenterhook now. I emailed a prof who has interviewed me and told me to go ahead with my application. He also said I should mention him in the SOP. I did that and submitted my application. Up till now, I have not received any decision yet. I have checked the decision deadline and it shows that majority if the decision are released around late April. I done tire o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:06pm On May 01
For a four-year program, you can show funds for 2 years, while you draft out a plan to pay up for the other 2 years.
igmentality:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:08pm On May 01
No, you can not use MFB (micro finance bank).
victorygiven:
Hi guys, pls can someone use microfinance bank as proof of funds? Hope it doesn't have any effect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Putin007: 4:24pm On May 01
JMG12:
For a four-year program, you can show funds for 2 years, while you draft out a plan to pay up for the other 2 years.

For someone going for a two year program but only have a year of living expenses,

This "plan", will it be written in the SOP or in the LOE of finances. ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victoryokondu: 4:58pm On May 01
Bohye84:
Yeah! Mine too is under review and background check under processing, I applied like 6days after yours. Although my medical has been updated since 20th, ever since then it has been prayer for favourable decision

Has your medical been updated?

Not yet, this is my second application I did medicals last year June and my account just shows that I don't need a medical report. Hopefully God helps us. Which school are you going to? I'm going to Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina campus

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: b4biodun(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.