Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (460312 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 5:01pm On May 21
talkportal:

University 1 at Manitoba is 4 years. It is very important you show total cost for first year -which is about 40- 45m in account backed by documentation.
You than provide documentary evidence of where expenses for subsequent years will come from.

Hi I got admitted to University 1 program of University of Manitoba. And I have paid and received my pal.

But I am having dilemma around getting POF, I am aware I'd be needing around that 40m. What are the options, you think I can get convincing documents to establish POF.

Also an uncle who is a citizen of US and earns over 100k usd was ready to stand as sponsor for me, although he doesn't have the 40m in his account, but he'd prepare a letter of sponsorship explaining that he is committed to sponsor me through his earnings and his 410k retirement benefits of over 40k use and he will provide those legal documents and demonstrate he has been supporting me.

Do you people think that can work or what is the alternative please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olusola2bello: 5:25pm On May 21
Good evening, please can investment in shares from part of POF? My office is sponsoring myslef and family (4 in total) but office has 15k euros and 8k pounds as cash but has over 150k dollars in shares. Is the shares acceptable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 5:39pm On May 21
olusola2bello:
Good evening, please can investment in shares from part of POF? My office is sponsoring myslef and family (4 in total) but office has 15k euros and 8k pounds as cash but has over 150k dollars in shares. Is the shares acceptable?
For me I liquidated some of the shares and it enter my account as. Lump sum to complete the POF. I also included transactions documents from the stockbrokers including the payment vouchers for the sold shares.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olusola2bello: 6:16pm On May 21
TradeSunMoore:

For me I liquidated some of the shares and it enter my account as. Lump sum to complete the POF. I also included transactions documents from the stockbrokers including the payment vouchers for the sold shares.

So we need to liquidate the shares?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stfadaanthony(m): 6:17pm On May 21
Goodevening to you all. I got an admission in Canada recently and I have started my POF. I want to apply for visa by myself and I will need guidance from any member of the forum who will be willing to be of help. I will be glad if I get anyone here.

Again,if there is a group for Canada travel, particularly for students, please let me know, because I will love to be added.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OrusNairaforum: 6:50pm On May 21
Good day all,pls I have been following this trend for some time now and really appreciate all the wonderful advice so far,
However,I successfully applied to UCW and was sent LOA but could not complete the initial deposit payment before the stated endate, although I have already completed the payment now.I am confused as I have not gotten any information Since then pls what should I do now?Gurus in the house pls I really need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Innunique: 8:02pm On May 21
The persons hanging around VFS office at Manor House-Ikate Lekki, are perching on people who missed their appointments.
They charge you as high as ₦20k to help you reschedule your appointment or ₦67070 for a so-called VIP appointment for you to proceed going in to continue your appointment, is this legal at all or authorised by VFS or they are running a cartel for extortions over there in connection with the VFS workers?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by VanuatuWycombe: 9:02pm On May 21
olusola2bello:

You need a Board Resolution on that, stating that the Board members of your company have agreed to sell certain amount of shares solely becuse of your travel.
That resolution has to be submitted as part of your POF. Make sure anything your company is spending or you or giving to you has been voted for and duly signed by the Board.

That doesn’t guarantee you the visa o but it may inch you closer to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by VanuatuWycombe: 9:07pm On May 21
TradeSunMoore:

Your case is different from that of Olusola2bello.

The shares belong to you while, in the case of Olusola2bello, the shares belong to the company.
His company must state, categorically, the number of shares it is willing to dispose of, at a Board meeting and include this in its Board Resolution.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kolamilan(m): 9:10pm On May 21
Good day everyone, I'm planning getting my attestation of birth certificate in lagos as I was born in lag and I Based in ogun state. My question is can affidavit of one state legal in other state?
Meaning can I get my affidavit in ogun state and take it to Lagos for my attestation. Kindly help with your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victoryokondu: 9:12pm On May 21
PPR Request- May 21,2024 old portal
Date of application - April 16, 2024
Second time application
Saskatchewan polytechnic
Documents submitted - full tuition payment receipt, my only sister in Canada paid this for me (she gave me a statutory declaration of support to back this up)
GIC account - 20635 with CIBC bank deposited since February 1,2024
My bank statement for about 2.4 million as flight expenses
Personal dorm account of 960 usd as miscellaneous
Mums MBS of six million and pension statement of 4 million.
Medicals
Family info
Work letters and photos
My sisters information (she is a lawyer, maybe that helped). My sponsor was my sister and my family
Plenty prayers 😂 thank ful

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 9:22pm On May 21
Victoryokondu:
PPR Request- May 21,2024 old portal
Date of application - April 16, 2024
Second time application
Saskatchewan polytechnic
Documents submitted - full tuition payment receipt, my only sister in Canada paid this for me (she gave me a statutory declaration of support to back this up)
GIC account - 20635 with CIBC bank deposited since February 1,2024
My bank statement for about 2.4 million as flight expenses
Personal dorm account of 960 usd as miscellaneous
Mums MBS of six million and pension statement of 4 million.
Medicals
Family info
Work letters and photos
My sisters information (she is a lawyer, maybe that helped). My sponsor was my sister and my family
Plenty prayers 😂 thank ful

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmmillenium: 9:58pm On May 21
PPR has landed. Its DIY and great Information on this platform really helps.

Timeliness

Application Submission: Apr 4th
Upfront medical updated: Apr 11th
PPR: May 21st
2nd Application..

Appreciate all experts that do respond to questions on this platform

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GloriaBekee: 10:31pm On May 21
Frankrobbn1:

I totally get your concern about using your sibling's bank statement as proof of funds (POF) for your application. As an immigration expert, I can offer some precise advice based on your situation.

Typically, when using a sponsor's bank statement as POF, it's important to show a clear and documented transfer of funds from your sponsor's account to your own account. This helps establish that the funds are available to you for your studies.
It would be a good idea to have your sibling transfer the required living expenses funds to your own account and also present her own statement as the sponsor. This way, you can provide evidence of the transfer, ensuring that the funds are clearly documented and traceable.

Good luck with your application! 🤞✨

It will end in praise

@Frankrobbn1,,,,
Please kindly advice 🙏

I have 3 kids, I plan on applying for 2 of my kids at the same time, then apply for the other one two weeks after the other, because of POF… 45 million

Please, is this ok , respond please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Justimi: 7:12am On May 22
Good morning house.

My friend is viewing Canada as part of an option;

Is it true that most Canada institutions doesn't accept 2:2?

And that bringing a dependant to work depends on the class of degree of the applicant.

In other words, the agent said, the only way the applicant can bring dependant to work is if the applicant have first class or second class upper.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:11am On May 22
Justimi:
Good morning house.

My friend is viewing Canada as part of an option;

Is it true that most Canada institutions doesn't accept 2:2?

And that bringing a dependant to work depends on the class of degree of the applicant.

In other words, the agent said, the only way the applicant can bring dependant to work is if the applicant have first class or second class upper.

1. The student spouse can only work if the course the student is studying is Masters, PHd and other professional courses.
2. Admission into masters' is very competitive, but that does not mean you can not get some Universities that will take 2:2, they might be expensive.
3. The class of degree does not have anything to do with bringing families in or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:14am On May 22
GloriaBekee:

@Frankrobbn1,,,,
Please kindly advice 🙏

I have 3 kids, I plan on applying for 2 of my kids at the same time, then apply for the other one two weeks after the other, because of POF… 45 million

Please, is this ok , respond please

Nothing stops you from applying at different times, however, know that processing times are getting longer so you have to factor that into your calculation. Above all, whether you apply at the same time or not, you need to have a compelling SOP to convince the VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:14am On May 22
kolamilan:
Good day everyone, I'm planning getting my attestation of birth certificate in lagos as I was born in lag and I Based in ogun state. My question is can affidavit of one state legal in other state?
Meaning can I get my affidavit in ogun state and take it to Lagos for my attestation. Kindly help with your reply.

Why not go to NPC office in Ogun state to get your birth attestation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 8:18am On May 22
Innunique:
The persons hanging around VFS office at Manor House-Ikate Lekki, are perching on people who missed their appointments.
They charge you as high as ₦20k to help you reschedule your appointment or ₦67070 for a so-called VIP appointment for you to proceed going in to continue your appointment, is this legal at all or authorised by VFS or they are running a cartel for extortions over there in connection with the VFS workers?

They are all trying to feed on the ignorance of applicants.

If you miss an appointment, you can reschedule it yourself from VFS website or create a new one.
You can also pay for VIP based on the cost on VFS website.
All the information you need are on the VFS website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Justimi: 8:39am On May 22
1. The student spouse can only work if the course the student is studying is Masters, PHd and other professional courses.
2. Admission into masters' is very competitive, but that does not mean you can not get some Universities that will take 2:2, they might be expensive.
3. The class of degree does not have anything to do with bringing families in or not.

Yeah she doing her master. I was surprised when I heard that. Thank you boss for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kolamilan(m): 9:40am On May 22
Bobomaigida:

Why not go to NPC office in Ogun state to get your birth attestation?
I was born in lagos and what I had was that I can only get the birth attestation at the state of birth which is Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:17pm On May 22
Purpleivy:

Hello, please can you explain this better I don’t seem to get it.

Secondly, please my cousin’s agent is telling her no need to add her car documents to her application, that it’s not necessary. According to him, car isn’t an asset! Pls advise

I agree with him. It's inconsequential in determining the fate of an application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 1:08pm On May 22
This is definitely not true. I was born in Anambra and I got my attestation of birth certificate in Abuja.

kolamilan:
I was born in lagos and what I had was that I can only get the birth attestation at the state of birth which is Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kolamilan(m): 1:12pm On May 22
Crystalgirl:
This is definitely not true. I was born in Anambra and I got my attestation of birth certificate in Abuja.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 1:50pm On May 22
olusola2bello:
Hi Olusola2bello,

Yes, shares or stocks can be presented as POF. However, in your case, you might need a board resolution letter attesting to your sponsorship and a written statement from your office's broker emphasizing the rights to liquidate the stock without any restrictions.

Meanwhile, don't you think a third-party sponsorship for a family of 4 with a financial portfolio of less than 200,000 USD seems unbelievable? Doesn't that cover a significant portion of the company's liquid assets? Or, do you own the business?

Good luck with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Itislove: 1:51pm On May 22
I am waiting for instructions on biometric from IRCC. However, I'd like to ask if I can proceed with account creation VFS global for biometric while waiting for further instructions? If yes, I hope I'll not be asked to booked an appointment immediately in the process of account creation? Finally, how long doesn't it takes to get a schedule for appointment after bookings. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 1:57pm On May 22
OTSAMUEL:
Hello Gurus in the House, men that have been the vital support in helping get there study permit in this page, I greet you all.

Please sirs and Mas, A friend of mine submitted a study permit although he has applied before and has been refused that means he need not to do biometrics again, but since the day he applied it's been five days now, the portal have not Updated his Biometrics hope nothing is wrong sir. And will they still update it. Looking forward to your responses, thanks.

Please I need your response in this o my people, hope no problem it was the new portal and the Formal Biometrics has not be Updated to reflect in the new application and also the UCI number self it was just application submitted and the rest that was there it's up to a week now please hope nothing is wrong o my people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 2:02pm On May 22
Please this what am talking about. Please I need your response in this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 2:11pm On May 22
OTSAMUEL:

Please I need your response in this o my people, hope no problem it was the new portal and the Formal Biometrics has not be Updated to reflect in the new application and also the UCI number self it was just application submitted and the rest that was there it's up to a week now please hope nothing is wrong o my people.

Hi OTSAMUEL,

Your friend's situation is common when a unique client identifier (UCI) is not submitted in a subsequent application, especially when the application is transmitted from a new or different account.

You don't need to panic. Once his background check starts running or before it's completed, IRCC will correct the errors and link his existing biometric to the new application.

Wishing him good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTSAMUEL: 2:45pm On May 22
SOPWriter:

Hi OTSAMUEL,

Your friend's situation is common when a unique client identifier (UCI) is not submitted in a subsequent application, especially when the application is transmitted from a new or different account.

You don't need to panic. Once his background check starts running or before it's completed, IRCC will correct the errors and link his existing biometric to the new application.

Wishing him good luck.

Thank you so so much for response, I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajebogirl: 3:30pm On May 22
kolamilan:

Go to NPC website. You can now do your birth attestation online. When I wanted to do mine in February at their Abuja office, I was asked to go online. You will pay 3k as remittance with charges less than 100 naira or so (can't remember). Within 24 hours, my birth attestation came out and I downloaded it from the NPC portal. The payment is also online. You don't need to stress, you can get your attestation from the comfort of wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:02pm On May 22
This trend is a group for prospective students. All you need is on this trend
stfadaanthony:
Goodevening to you all. I got an admission in Canada recently and I have started my POF. I want to apply for visa by myself and I will need guidance from any member of the forum who will be willing to be of help. I will be glad if I get anyone here.

Again,if there is a group for Canada travel, particularly for students, please let me know, because I will love to be added.

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (492) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: Toniamelody, queenstana and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.