Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,526 members, 7,865,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (465759 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kolamilan(m): 4:14pm On May 22
Ajebogirl:

Go to NPC website. You can now do your birth attestation online. When I wanted to do mine in February at their Abuja office, I was asked to go online. You will pay 3k as remittance with charges less than 100 naira or so (can't remember). Within 24 hours, my birth attestation came out and I downloaded it from the NPC portal. The payment is also online. You don't need to stress, you can get your attestation from the comfort of wherever you are.
One of the criteria required is court Affidavit and I don't have have that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Innunique: 4:30pm On May 22
Bobomaigida:

All the information you need are on the VFS website.
All the info on VFS website can't help you in rescheduling as the numbers don't go through and the e-mail also isn't been replied.

You can't even register a new account with a different email or phone to book another date, cos once you get to filling in your details it will tell you, your ircc number is already in their system.
To reschedule again, you have to write to them to detach your ircc number and details, so it is free and you can now rebook a date.
All the details for this are completely different from what they have on their website and obviously the guys outside have this details, reason they are Milking the public through it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Innunique: 4:37pm On May 22
For VFS rescheduling:

This is the email address and contact to them:
Phone: +234 81501 99900
Email: canadang@vfshelpline.com

You can just write a short email saying: You missed your appointment for "this date" and wish to reschedule. Kindly release my IRCC No: ********* in order to allow me rebook the appointment.
Thanks.

They would reply to you shortly and tell you to proceed as your details will be released from their system and you can re-initiate again.

Hope this helps someone out there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Innunique: 4:44pm On May 22
kolamilan:
I was born in lagos and what I had was that I can only get the birth attestation at the state of birth which is Lagos.
You can do it from the comfort of your phone/PC.
https://attestation.nationalpopulation.gov.ng/welcome

1.Self-service convenience fee is NGN3,000 only.

2.Attestation is only for adults (16+).

3.NIN is required to get your certificate faster.

4.Applicants without NIN will only receive a notification of birth and a temporary birth certificate number.

5.A valid ID is required.

6.Valid and active phone number is required.

7.Payment reference and all other important information will be sent to your email address to enable you complete the process.

8.Indicate your registration State, LGA where you currently reside; Choose a registration centre closest to your residential area.

9.Check application status and also download or print a certificate if approved.

10.Payments are non refundable.

11.Certificates can only be downloaded once after a successful application.

12.For a certificate reprint visit the NPC website to access this service.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Innunique: 4:49pm On May 22
kolamilan:

One of the criteria required is court Affidavit and I don't have have that.
None of such is required online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 5:26pm On May 22
Guys please, is a reference letter from the school you attended required for a study permit application even though the person has over 10years working experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 5:42pm On May 22
Crystalgirl:
Guys please, is a reference letter from the school you attended required for a study permit application even though the person has over 10years working experience?
Hi Crystalgirl,

Reference letter is not a mandatory requirement for a study permit application. In most cases, it is often demanded by universities for postgraduate admission assessments. However, I believe you passed that stage and have your LOA already, so you might not need a reference letter for IRCC to process your study permit.

Wishing you good luck with your submission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 5:51pm On May 22
Hello all, please this is urgent.
I’ve been trying to pay for my biometrics and study permit fee but it keeps showing me transaction declined.
I’m using a GTB US dollar debit card.

Please how do I go about this?🙏🏼
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 5:54pm On May 22
Thanks a lot

Hi Crystalgirl,

Reference letter is not a mandatory requirement for a study permit application. In most cases, it is often demanded by universities for postgraduate admission assessments. However, I believe you passed that stage and have your LOA already, so you might not need a reference letter for IRCC to process your study permit.

Wishing you good luck with your submission.
[/i][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makpenen(m): 6:05pm On May 22
Please how long does it take for study permit to be approved?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 6:13pm On May 22
Makpenen:
Please how long does it take for study permit to be approved?

Thanks
Hi Makpenen,

As at yesterday, May 21, 2024, the duration for processing a Canadian study permit is 15 weeks.

Wishing you good luck with your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 6:47pm On May 22
NicoleThelma:
Hello all, please this is urgent.
I’ve been trying to pay for my biometrics and study permit fee but it keeps showing me transaction declined.
I’m using a GTB US dollar debit card.

Please how do I go about this?🙏🏼

Is the card funded?
Is the card activated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hardinno: 7:56pm On May 22
Bobomaigida:

Is the card funded?
Is the card activated?
You probably still have the Dollar in your Dollar bank account and not in your Dollar card account . Try to transfer fund from your Dollar bank account into your Dollar card account because GTB has seperate account for Dollar bank account and the Dollar card account . So check to be sure if this is the case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 8:09pm On May 22
emmmillenium:
PPR has landed. Its DIY and great Information on this platform really helps.

Timeliness

Application Submission: Apr 4th
Upfront medical updated: Apr 11th
PPR: May 21st
2nd Application..

Appreciate all experts that do respond to questions on this platform

Congratulations 🎊

Did you use old or new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by creolehunt: 9:03pm On May 22
SOPWriter:
Hi Olusola2bello,

Yes, shares or stocks can be presented as POF. However, in your case, you might need a board resolution letter attesting to your sponsorship and a written statement from your office's broker emphasizing the rights to liquidate the stock without any restrictions.

Meanwhile, don't you think a third-party sponsorship for a family of 4 with a financial portfolio of less than 200,000 USD seems unbelievable? Doesn't that cover a significant portion of the company's liquid assets? Or, do you own the business?

Good luck with your application.

Hello. Good day. This your response struck a chord for me.

If I own a company with my spouse and want to use the company account as POF, would we still need Board Resolution?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Makpenen(m): 9:36pm On May 22
SOPWriter:
Hi Makpenen,

As at yesterday, May 21, 2024, the duration for processing a Canadian study permit is 15 weeks.

Wowww.... Thanks.

That's approximately 4 months. This is serious
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 10:16pm On May 22
creolehunt:

Hello. Good day. This your response struck a chord for me.

If I own a company with my spouse and want to use the company account as POF, would we still need Board Resolution?
Hi Creolehunt,

The necessity of a board resolution letter is contingent on the category of your business registration. If it's a sole proprietorship, for example, you might not need a board resolution letter. The CAC Status Report form and business certificate, accompanied with a bank reference letter confirming you as a sole signatory to your corporate account, would be just fine.

Contrarily, if you operate a private limited company, for instance, you might have directors and shareholders that need to be carried along in every decision. Thus, you will most likely need a board resolution letter to convey their consents and collective decisions to sponsor you to the VO.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by creolehunt: 10:27pm On May 22
SOPWriter:
Hi Creolehunt,

The necessity of a board resolution letter is contingent on the category of your business registration. If it's a sole proprietorship, for example, you might not need a board resolution letter. The CAC Status Report form and business certificate, accompanied with a bank reference letter confirming you as a sole signatory to your corporate account, would be just fine.

Contrarily, if you operate a private limited company, for instance, you might have directors and shareholders that need to be carried along in every decision. Thus, you will most likely need a board resolution letter to convey their consent and collective decision to sponsor you to the VO.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

It is a private limited company with me and my spouse as only directors and only signatories to account. Should I want to use this company account as POF, would I need any further document other than the CAC ones?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 11:01pm On May 22
Yes. Your spouse should apply for Visit Visa.
Gooda:
So is it better my spouse apply for visitor Visa?Thank you all for all your responses!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 11:07pm On May 22
PPR today.
Application submitted on the 13th of April 2024.
Medicals done and uploaded May 7, 2024.
Passport request May 22, 2024.
Study Permit Applications for wife and 4 years old baby.
Before now both have their valid USA visas and Canada Visit Visas.
Glory to God! Amen!!! 🙏

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 11:09pm On May 22
creolehunt:

It is a private limited company with me and my spouse as only directors and only signatories to account. Should I want to use this company account as POF, would I need any further document other than the CAC ones?

Thanks in anticipation
Hi Creolehunt,

In your case, the board resolution letter is optional. I would recommend the following documents:

1. CAC certificate
2. CAC Status Report form (the file that shows the board of directors and shareholders).
3. Bank reference letter confirming you both as the only signatories to your corporate bank account.

Better still, just transfer the fund to your personal account and attach your corporate account and personal account statements to the application. However, exploring this option might bid you to explain the lumpsum in your SOP or LOE.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 11:41pm On May 22
Educhopper:
PPR today.
Application submitted on the 13th of April 2024.
Medicals done and uploaded May 7, 2024.
Passport request May 22, 2024.
Study Permit Applications for wife and 4 years old baby.
Before now both have their valid USA visas and Canada Visit Visas.
Glory to God! Amen!!! 🙏

Congratulations 🎊 👏

Did you use the old or new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Educhopper(m): 1:13am On May 23
New portal
Daveconsult007:

Congratulations 🎊 👏

Did you use the old or new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 9:09am On May 23
Please house. Is police report mandatory.

My study visa application was denied on 22 May, 2024. I submitted my application on April 24,2024 and did my biometrics on May 10, 2024. I don't know why it was rejected because I have money to cover for both years of my masters program but I have ordered for the GCMS note. If anyone has experienced this please share tips on how you overcame

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by creolehunt: 9:52am On May 23
SOPWriter:
Hi Creolehunt,

In your case, the board resolution letter is optional. I would recommend the following documents:

1. CAC certificate
2. CAC Status Report form (the file that shows the board of directors and shareholders).
3. Bank reference letter confirming you both as the only signatories to your corporate bank account.

Better still, just transfer the fund to your personal account and attach your corporate account and personal account statements to the application. However, exploring this option might bid you to explain the lumpsum in your SOP or LOE.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dodieeee: 9:53am On May 23
Jackto365:

My study visa application was denied on 22 May, 2024. I submitted my application on April 24,2024 and did my biometrics on May 10, 2024. I don't know why it was rejected because I have money to cover for both years of my masters program but I have ordered for the GCMS note. If anyone has experienced this please share tips on how you overcame

What's your course of study? And what school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 9:55am On May 23
Dodieeee:

What's your course of study? And what school?
University of Windsor. MSc Medical Biotechnology

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 10:20am On May 23
Jackto365:

Hi Jackto365,

My sincere sympathy. I also commend you for ordering your GCMS note, but while we are waiting for it, do you mind sharing a snippet of your decision letter? Let's know the grounds for your refusal to better assist you.

Regarding your major question, the police character certificate is not mandatory. It might corroborate your amiability and compliance with the law, but it's not obligatory.

Wishing you good luck as you give your application another try.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ev4real(m): 10:24am On May 23
ev4real:

Woah, thank you very much.
Please, would you be able to advice an aternative programme for PG? BSc. Religion Studies.
Frankrobbn1, please assist to check this.
Thank you.
Good morning, Mr Frankrobbn1.
Please assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 10:32am On May 23
SOPWriter:
Hi Jackto365,

My sincere sympathy. I also commend you for ordering your GCMS note, but while we are waiting for it, do you mind sharing a snippet of your decision letter? Let's know the grounds for your refusal to better assist you.

Regarding your major question, the police character certificate is not mandatory. It might corroborate your amiability and compliance with the law, but it's not obligatory.

Wishing you good luck as you give your application another try.
The decision letter is generic. It's not specific so no one can deduce the exact reason from it that's why I ordered for the GCMS note

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 10:40am On May 23
Jackto365:

The decision letter is generic. It's not specific so no one can deduce the exact reason from it that's why I ordered for the GCMS note
All right.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 11:07am On May 23
SOPWriter:
All right.
Any advice or tips will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (494) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: abbeybiodun and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.