Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,671 members, 7,865,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (466374 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (495) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by igmentality: 12:00pm On May 23
Jackto365:
Please house. Is police report mandatory.

My study visa application was denied on 22 May, 2024. I submitted my application on April 24,2024 and did my biometrics on May 10, 2024. I don't know why it was rejected because I have money to cover for both years of my masters program but I have ordered for the GCMS note. If anyone has experienced this please share tips on how you overcame

please did you do upfront medicals?? and which of the portals did you use.. i submitted my application on the 29th, did biometrics on the 26th, havent gotten any response yet. although i havent done medicals yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by igmentality: 12:27pm On May 23
talkportal:

Hi I got admitted to University 1 program of University of Manitoba. And I have paid and received my pal.

But I am having dilemma around getting POF, I am aware I'd be needing around that 40m. What are the options, you think I can get convincing documents to establish POF.

Also an uncle who is a citizen of US and earns over 100k usd was ready to stand as sponsor for me, although he doesn't have the 40m in his account, but he'd prepare a letter of sponsorship explaining that he is committed to sponsor me through his earnings and his 410k retirement benefits of over 40k use and he will provide those legal documents and demonstrate he has been supporting me.

Do you people think that can work or what is the alternative please?
Thanks

hello please can we link up.. im attending the same school, same program. submitted my study permit application not quite long

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmmillenium: 1:16pm On May 23
Yes, I used new portal.

Daveconsult007:

Congratulations 🎊

Did you use old or new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:05pm On May 23
Give more details about your first application?
Jackto365:

Any advice or tips will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 8:28pm On May 23
PPR after 2 refusals!
God is doing miracles and HE continues to use men .
@Zubizareta thank you for holding my hands through the process. He criticized the SOPs , gave useful advice and assisted immensely. You comforted me in my times of pains dealing with my pains during the past two refusals.

Timeline:
Application submitted April 20.2024
PPR May 23, 2024

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 8:44pm On May 23
Hello House, please what is the best way to submit passport at VFS Lagos as at today ? In person or through DHL , please advise . Thank you so much .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:48pm On May 23
you can use any method, in person, you will have to book an appointment while through courier you don't need to book an appointment. Go to the caurier service behind VFS office and submit
frony1:
Hello House, please what is the best way to submit passport at VFS Lagos as at today ? In person or through DHL , please advise . Thank you so much .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 10:30pm On May 23
Thank you so much for your response @JMG12. Please I would like to ask further, if in person, do you have idea of how many days it would take to get the passport back after submission? Thank you so much for your response once again.

JMG12:
you can use any method, in person, you will have to book an appointment while through courier you don't need to book an appointment. Go to the caurier service behind VFS office and submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 4:58am On May 24
God is doing miracles.
PPR has landed.

Timeline:
Application submitted April 15,2024
Biometric April 17 2024
PPR May 24, 2024

1) Student Visa
2) Spouse Visa
3) 3 Year old Visit Visa
4) A year old visit Visa

Thank you Jesus for all you have done and to this wonderful Nairaland family for all the support.

Thank you all

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Alwaysachick: 9:47am On May 24
Congratulations 🎉
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kimanna: 10:44am On May 24
Congratulations . Were you notified via email or you just checked and saw it?

harmonyedu:
God is doing miracles.
PPR has landed.

Timeline:
Application submitted April 15,2024
Biometric April 17 2024
PPR May 24, 2024

1) Student Visa
2) Spouse Visa
3) 3 Year old Visit Visa
4) A year old visit Visa

Thank you Jesus for all you have done and to this wonderful Nairaland family for all the support.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:20am On May 24
You should expect it within 1 month.
frony1:
Thank you so much for your response @JMG12. Please I would like to ask further, if in person, do you have idea of how many days it would take to get the passport back after submission? Thank you so much for your response once again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 11:31am On May 24
Thank you for your response

JMG12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 11:38am On May 24
JMG12:

What if someone uses courier service?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 11:45am On May 24
igmentality:

please did you do upfront medicals?? and which of the portals did you use.. i submitted my application on the 29th, did biometrics on the 26th, havent gotten any response yet. although i havent done medicals yet
I used the IRCC portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 11:51am On May 24
JMG12:
Give more details about your first application?

My POF was over 115M. Most of the money I got from my deceased dad and I submitted court documents showing I inherited it Intestate. Then the rest of the money was from my business which I submitted my CAC doc to show that I'm the director of the company. Also, i uploaded CAD4000 tuition deposit receipt and land documents that I inherited too.

**One important thing is I've had two rejections from Germany in 2018, when I just graduated and was planning toward grad degree there***

The
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jackto365: 11:53am On May 24
frony1:
PPR after 2 refusals!
God is doing miracles and HE continues to use men .
@Zubizareta thank you for holding my hands through the process. He criticized the SOPs , gave useful advice and assisted immensely. You comforted me in my times of pains dealing with my pains during the past two refusals.

Timeline:
Application submitted April 20.2024
PPR May 23, 2024

Please can you share how you were able to rectify it. I think I did something wrong in mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 12:27pm On May 24
The first mistake that I did was not getting my gcms note after the first refusal before re-applying. The response on a typical rejection note is generic, only your gcms note can show you what really went wrong. My second application ( first re-application ) was a mere guess work, I was applying trials and errors.

After the second refusal, I ensured that I got the gcms note as the generic rejection note was similar to the first . In fact , I got gcms notes, one from outside Canada ( this was free) by myself . My friend also assisted to request on my behalf from inside Canada ( he paid a token for his request). The notes came out three days apart and mine that free of charge and was requested from outside Canada came out first .

With the notes on my table, my task became clearly cut out after @Zubizareta analyzed the note and came up with eleven action points to tackle the concerns raised by the VO and these includes but not limited to :

1. Paying full tuition, books, insurance for my two years study duration as a way of demonstrating that the funds in my POF were available and accessible to me.
2. GIC of 10,000 CAD was done to further prove the point already mentioned above.
3. Tax Clearance was done and certificate was gotten from Lagos State government.
4. My father’s death certificate, will and deeds were shown to explain source of capital for my business.
5. Lump sum transactions in my statement of account were well explained with evidences.
6. SOP was critically reviewed and carefully drafted with the help of @Zubizareta to explain my choice of course and program despite over ten years of study gap and differences in my current business and intended course of study . It was a very detailed SOP
7. Clear demonstration of home ties using my properties and investments. Yes, even the new police CRM certificates for my two vehicles were part of this demonstration.
8. Family ties were clearly demonstrated too
9. I clearly admitted to past two refusals, itemized the reasons as stated on the GCMS notes and clearly demonstrated what I did new to take care of the issues raised .
10. Pray! Pray!! Pray!!! After you must have done your due diligence, acknowledge the role of the supernatural irrespective of your religion, if it’s God’s time and you have done your part , nothing will stop you .

I wish everyone well and I look forward to more good news in the coming days .

To God be the glory !

Jackto365:

Please can you share how you were able to rectify it. I think I did something wrong in mine.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 12:37pm On May 24
Yes, i was sent an email and saw it there when i logged into the IRCC Portal.
kimanna:
Congratulations . Were you notified via email or you just checked and saw it?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 2:30pm On May 24
Jackto365:

My POF was over 115M. Most of the money I got from my deceased dad and I submitted court documents showing I inherited it Intestate. Then the rest of the money was from my business which I submitted my CAC doc to show that I'm the director of the company. Also, i uploaded CAD4000 tuition deposit receipt and land documents that I inherited too.

**One important thing is I've had two rejections from Germany in 2018, when I just graduated and was planning toward grad degree there***

The

Since you have the funds available, pay full tuition, do GIC for the full living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NicoleThelma: 2:38pm On May 24
Hello thank you very much . You were right.
Turns out the card wasn’t funded but we had funds in the dollar account. Had to go the bank to initiate the transfer.

Hardinno:
You probably still have the Dollar in your Dollar bank account and not in your Dollar card account . Try to transfer fund from your Dollar bank account into your Dollar card account because GTB has seperate account for Dollar bank account and the Dollar card account . So check to be sure if this is the case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:00pm On May 24
Same time frame, the process is now faster than it were.
Daveconsult007:

What if someone uses courier service?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Veeviannn: 7:41pm On May 24
Hello
I got admitted in the university of Manitoba I would really like to join their group chat so I can see information and also be able to ask the Nigerians there so questions coz I really feel so alone in this
Pls if you can help me with this I will be really grateful I just want to connect with people so I don’t miss out on any information

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 7:51pm On May 24
Hello people.
I got my admission offer today and my resumption date is September. Just wanna ask if it’s there is enough time for me to submit my visa application and get a decision before that time or I should just defer my admission. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 9:05pm On May 24
Have you been working on your application before now , most especially your POF? If yes, you got more than enough time but if not , you may consider your second option . People have been getting responses to their applications in just 4 weeks even though response time was stated to be 15 weeks on IRCC website. One thing you must not do at this point is to get discouraged or compare yourself to anyone. Some people have already gotten their PPR but some others that are yet to submit their files as at today will surely get theirs too and all can resume at same time - September.

Another area you may consider is your program, do you need PAL , if yes , that might be a factor because IRCC had a cap for every province on programs that need PAL and as soon as that is achieved, they might not be giving approvals again until next cycle.

Finally, you may consider cost of air ticket right now . It is getting high so the earlier you apply and get your approval, the better you stand to buy affordable tickets. You may factor this in your consideration to reaching a final decision.

Whatever you decide, be courageous and strong , prepare a very strong POF and SOP , you will celebrate.

I wish you the best!

idirect:
Hello people.
I got my admission offer today and my resumption date is September. Just wanna ask if it’s there is enough time for me to submit my visa application and get a decision before that time or I should just defer my admission. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 9:14pm On May 24
frony1:
Have you been working on your application before now , most especially your POF? If yes, you got more than enough time but if not , you may consider your second option . People have been getting responses to their applications in just 4 weeks even though response time was stated to be 15 weeks on IRCC website. One thing you must not do at this point is to get discouraged or compare yourself to anyone. Some people have already gotten their PPR but some others that are yet to submit their files as at today will surely get theirs too and all can resume at same time - September.

Another area you may consider is your program, do you need PAL , if yes , that might be a factor because IRCC had a cap for every province on programs that need PAL and as soon as that is achieved, they might not be giving approvals again until next cycle.

Finally, you may consider cost of air ticket right now . It is getting high so the earlier you apply and get your approval, the better you stand to buy affordable tickets. You may factor this in your consideration to reaching a final decision.

Whatever you decide, be courageous and strong , prepare a very strong POF and SOP , you will celebrate.

I wish you the best!

Thank you for your response.
I however need a clarification on the PAL issue. I have been admitted into a MSc programme. Do I need PAL? No mention of that in my admission condition. I was just my admission letter with doc attached titled FOR “study permit purpose only”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 9:36pm On May 24
No, you don’t need a PAL for M.Sc program and that was why it wasn’t mentioned. Congratulations on your M.Sc program admission.

idirect:

Thank you for your response.
I however need a clarification on the PAL issue. I have been admitted into a MSc programme. Do I need PAL? No mention of that in my admission condition. I was just my admission letter with doc attached titled FOR “study permit purpose only”

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 10:18pm On May 24
frony1:
No, you don’t need a PAL for M.Sc program and that was why it wasn’t mentioned. Congratulations on your M.Sc program admission.

Noted.
Thank you for your best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 10:43pm On May 24
PPR for my son just landed today. Glory to God!!!

Once @Bullstriker called me this evening and started with" I don't know how to tell you bla bla bla, I just tell baba say I know the drill because I follow their social media and he confirmed the student visa approval.

Timeline:
First Time Applicant - undergraduate
PAL letter - April 20, 2024
Submission - April 30, 2024
Biometrics - May 2, 2024
Upfront Medical - May 7 2024
Passport Request - May 24

Thank you Bullstriker and your team for the very professional handling of a fresh study permit application that was concluded barely 3 weeks by the grace of God for a 15 weeks timeline.

A lot of approvals will follow in the coming days for members here waiting too in Jesus name, amen

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jayody(f): 10:52pm On May 24
idirect:
Hello people.

We both share a similar story, got my offer letter yesterday to resume in September. This question has been running through my mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 11:10pm On May 24
Jayody:

We both share a similar story, got my offer letter yesterday to resume in September. This question has been running through my mind.
A lot of factors are actually affecting mine. My US visa interview is ending of next month. I’m not sure if I have the financial resources to pursue Canada application this term
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jayody(f): 11:28pm On May 24
idirect:

A lot of factors are actually affecting mine. My US visa interview is ending of next month. I’m not sure if I have the financial resources to pursue Canada application this term

I see… well, whatever you decide. I wish you good luck with your US interview.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (495) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.