Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428597 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
U're welcome
kc6964:

Wow thanks so much , I almost lose hope . Thanks for this vital information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bigfido: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hello, my brother just got ppr for student visa and I was wondering if someone could help with how to submit for a fast processing. He is resuming in Sept.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nazonly: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, if a student in Canada wants to invite their children for a visit, what are the important documentation to use to support the application apart from bank statements for proof of funds. Children are between 9 to 14 years. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by johnagwu1: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
I think submitting to abuja is faster, I have no idea about the timeline tho.
bigfido:
Hello, my brother just got ppr for student visa and I was wondering if someone could help with how to submit for a fast processing. He is resuming in Sept.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GoodofNaija: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
RelaxingEnd:

Congratulations! It's my 7th month as well. Are you going for a second program?

Thank you! I hope to go for it but no funds o, I need to work to earn money. I already got admission for the second program in January at Humber college. I hope i cant enough funds to pay some deposit by October.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
I don’t think so. Just your transcript, certificate and other things.
Joesno:

Thank you.
What abt d English proficiency letter, is it needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edchos: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
[quote author=justwise post=124631281][/quote]
I contacted my account officer, he said Globus bank does not offer mybankstatement (bank ticket and passcode). And that’s where I have my POF.
Pls, What can I do now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
Edchos:

I contacted my account officer, he said Globus bank does not offer mybankstatement (bank ticket and passcode). And that’s where I have my POF.
Pls, What can I do now
It's not compulsory to use my bank statement

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OboloLily: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
Peacefulpeace23:

Same delay with my children's application. W applied May 11. Only medicals passed early June. Since then, nothing again except for 2 days ago that eligibility that already started went back to in progress. Infact, I don't understand again. Dunno why they are moving backwards lol. My school is resuming first week of September
any update yet from your end?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
Please I need school without application fee outside Ontario ..that admission is still ON
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OboloLily: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Eligibility not started. Over 3 months now no update. I definitely will need to defer to winter
Larryjam:
Has your eligibility review started? Well your application has obviously passed normal processing time. So it’s not a bad idea to send them a reminder…

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
yankison:
Please I need school without application fee outside Ontario ..that admission is still ON

Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oluayebenz: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2023
bigfido:
Thanks

Resuming in Sept?

Travel to Abuja, submit at the VFS, stay and wait in Abuja for collection mail, that should takes less than 5days.

Then after you receive your passport, book your ticket right away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
yankison:

Please

Any school with PGWP that does take application fee ols
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chubby682: 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2023
GoodofNaija:
Now to give back to this thread that greatly helped me to actualize my Canada dream, its my 7th month in Canada.

I got my PPR around xmas period last year, it was my special xmas gift grin. My application lasted for about 5 months with IRCC before my PPR was released after sending a few webforms.

Note that I did not bombard them with webforms. I was very strategic and careful at sending the webforms as I was using them to give additional info about myself. For example i changed job during the period so i updated them with my new letter of employment. Then at some point when the school requested for my PPR/study permit upload, i also sent webform to remind IRCC of this development and used it to tell them to take a timely decision on my application. I let them know I was not insisting on getting the PPR but i just want them to take a decision so that I can make solid plans for my future.

Praise be to God! I got the PPR at last! From then on, things started happening so fast. I sent my passport to IRCC and had to book flight for 2nd week in January as school was already suggesting deferment to me. However, my passport did not come out until 3rd week so i had to postpone my flight till Jan 30. Luckily for me, school later advised me to register for virtual classes for the first term which i agreed to so i started lectures by the 2nd wk in January. So i had started classes well before leaving Nigeria. My first challenge with the classes was that they were always falling in midnight or very early in the morning Nigerian time. They started bombarding us with assignments and online presentations which were very difficult for me because of the timing and poor electricity and network in Nigeria.

Then the d-day came Jan 30, i moved to Lagos a day before my flight (Jan 29). I made photocopies of all relevant documents that may be needed at the airport. I had also bought some winter wears as i was aware it was winter in canada. My first time outside Nigeria and during the winter, the anxiety no be here! And then on day, proceeded to the airport with my luggage, one of my luggage was flagged for containing groundnut oil. So i gave my brother the ground nut oil. Initially, Only my wife was allowed to accompany me into the lounge after the immigration check in. I went back to bring my brother in. Then my luggage was finally checked in at the airline (qatar) desk and then i had to say goodbye to my wife and bro and then proceeded to further check ins till the final one before we entered the plane around 4pm Jan 30 and then the flight to Doha lasted for about 7hrs. I got to Doha midnight and slept on the the airport seats close to where i will board my next flight to Canada. Just after a few hours, i realized people were already gathering there and so I moved closer and then we were checked in again for the flight Canada. This was a turtuous long 14hrs journey for me in the air embarassed. We eventually arrived at Montreal. From there, i had to board another flight to Toronto.

My arrival at Montreal was first my taste of winter, especially when we were being directed to the toronto flight. I was like, is this where i will be living? Even with winter jacket, you will get frozen if you stay long in it but we quickly boarded the toronto flight and we landed at my last destination at Toronto Pearson airport. Lest i forget, i got my study permit at the Montreal airport being my port of entry. To get it, they asked me for proof of study as I was late so i showed evidence of my online classes and platform on my phone and so i was given my study permit promptly shocked.

At toronto airport, i collected my luggage and then moved to exit the airport. I called my friend and then my second real taste of winter was about to happen. As i exited the airport to check where my friend parked, the winter cold hit me like crazy and i immediately ran back inside the lounge and next i had to take courage and prepared myself well to go out again to locate my friend. Thank God I was able to locate him on time. Between the time l located and moved my luggage to his car, i was already shivering like a chicken inside water. The cold no be here o! grin

From there, we went home and my Canada life began. My study was a very tough battle and then it was difficult to get work during winter. Thank God I had some money on me that helped to survive.

After about 7 months, i have just finished my program this month. Guys study here is not easy......you must be ready for plenty assignments and presentations. My school is Sheridan College. Thank God for the journey so far. Canada is a beautiful and organized country and many opportunities to survive before you fully stabilize. Companies full everywhere!

This is my journey so far in Canada!

Congratulations bro, I dey envy u oo, I also applied to Sheridan college for January 2024 intake, however I yet to receive an offer letter and it's about 4months now, on the 1st of this month, they requested for my waec scratch card, which I quickly submitted and I haven't heard anything since. Boss, is there any way I hasten them to make a admission decision quickly, cause I getting confused. The program i applied for is pdg professional accounting. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shegs105: 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
I am am trying to initiate an application fee payment for Holland College using my First Bank master card, but it seems not going through, could any one advise me on an efficient mode of doing this with out a drop of sweat? And additionally, all through my registration steps before it transcend me to make payment, there was no space created for me to upload my academic transcript and other required document for graduate school admission. Please walk me through these like a kid, accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RelaxingEnd: 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
GoodofNaija:

Thank you! I hope to go for it but no funds o, I need to work to earn money. I already got admission for the second program in January at Humber college. I hope i cant enough funds to pay some deposit by October.

Same here. We need to hustle during this break o. Goodluck, brother!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2023
If you are trying to use your naira card it won't work it has stopped working long ago, kindly download chipper app and used it.
Shegs105:
I am am trying to initiate an application fee payment for Holland College using my First Bank master card, but it seems not going through, could any one advise me on an efficient mode of doing this with out a drop of sweat? And additionally, all through my registration steps before it transcend me to make payment, there was no space created for me to upload my academic transcript and other required document for graduate school admission. Please walk me through these like a kid, accordingly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GoodofNaija: 12:13am On Aug 21, 2023
Chubby682:

Congratulations bro, I dey envy u oo, I also applied to Sheridan college for January 2024 intake, however I yet to receive an offer letter and it's about 4months now, on the 1st of this month, they requested for my waec scratch card, which I quickly submitted and I haven't heard anything since. Boss, is there any way I hasten them to make a admission decision quickly, cause I getting confused. The program i applied for is pdg professional accounting. Thanks

You can send a mail to know the status of your admission. Since they asked for your WAEC, its likely they will give you admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Obi102001: 12:50am On Aug 21, 2023
HonWise:
Hello Friends,

If you are coming to Niagara College Welland Campus, I have 2 suitable room for student, 1 minute walk to bus stop, grocery stores near by. It is a new basement, kitchen furnished but rooms are not. Reach me for enquiries, available for immediate occupation, beyond September 1st it may no longer be available.

Success to everyone waiting for PPR, safe travel to
those enroute.

Hi Guys ,
please anyone with knowledge of suitable accommodation ( shared ) in Niagara College,Niagara-on-the-lake campus ?

I need this asap for the Fall 2023 semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Keydes: 1:18am On Aug 21, 2023
Pls does university of Regina have a pharmacy department
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by toladamsel: 3:19am On Aug 21, 2023
Hello everyone, there is a one bedroom available in a 2 bedroom 1 bath basement. Located in South Lethbridge, close to lethbridge college, 3mins walk to Bus stop, close to wholesale club, real canadian superstore and walmart. It includes all utilities except WiFi of which payment can be shared with prospective tenant. Available October 1st. Female preferred as current occupant is female. $500 monthly payment plus $500 deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Obi102001: 3:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Hi Guys ,

Please anyone with knowledge of accommodation near Niagara College,Niagara-on-the-lake campus ?

I need this asap for the Fall 2023 semester.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: OTSAMUEL and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.