Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405927 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
Yes for now there is no available date in Lagos, I suggest you wait till there is available date but there is available date in Abuja
Johnbosco1:
Good morning everyone, I have been trying to book biometrics for one applicant since Friday last week on the VFS website but I don't seem to find any available date. The warning error is "No slots are currently available for 1 applicant.". Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello,

Please, for those that just recently submitted their passport through UPS in Lagos, how much does it cost please?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MayorJoshofNewY: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Agent said right!

It won't fly. Find a way to send some or all funds to a commercial bank or do a GIFT DEED.

speaking from a refusal experience here, you'll most likely get a refusal based on insufficient funds and assets.

Getbizzzy:
Pls gurus in the house, I'm preparing to apply for my study permit and my sponsor doesn't have bank account statement but a letter from his financial institution (First Marina Trust Limited) from where he invested and the financial institution has written informing the status of his investment of about that the investment of over 29k pounds (which is over ₦30m).... In the letter the financial institution said that the money can be withdrawn at any point in time.

But the problem now is that the agent handling it says he can't use it.

Please is there any way this can be used for sponsorship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Getbizzzy: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:
Agent said right!

It won't fly. Find a way to send some or all funds to a commercial bank or do a GIFT DEED.

speaking from a refusal experience here, you'll most likely get a refusal based on insufficient funds and assets.

OK thank you for your timely response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2023
Good day guys, please has anyone been able to book biometric date here in recent time? Been trying since Friday and it says ‘no slots are currently available’ both for Lagos and Abuja.

Is anyone else currently experiencing this too? Can I go to their office to physically book an appointment date?

I would appreciate your responses regarding this.. thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehisg: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
#2650 Naira for Submitting but if you want the passport to be courier to you after stamping you pay a different amount..

Hello,

Please, for those that just recently submitted their passport through UPS in Lagos, how much does it cost please?

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olujinmisamson1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please i need help, i cant track my application due to email address they used, it is not mine please how do i change it ..??

resumption is sept 6 and i cant defer anymore..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
ehisg:
#2650 Naira for Submitting but if you want the passport to be courier to you after stamping you pay a different amount..

Hello,

Thank you.

Oh. How did you go about it though and when? Did you just go straight to their office and who did you ask to see? When did you submit yours please so I can know how current that price is.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayobamiaz: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
Please who knows how I can get my drivers license extract…is it advisable to get it here in Nigeria or Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ayobamiaz: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello good people, does anyone have an idea on how I could get a driver's license extract? Someone needs it before traveling to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by johnagwu1: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello guys, I just received this mail from vfs "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID has been received from the IRCC Office on Mon Aug 21 2023 and has been dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number" any idea what it means?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sashaa(f): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello everyone I'm happy to be back on this thread. I left after my 2019 refusal. It was raining refusals back then and I left and also got engaged with other stuffs. I want to resume my pursuit and I'm wondering if there are now changes. Like are people getting approvals now? Is there hope. A little insight will be well appreciated. This thread was so helpful back then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fulani14: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello,good evening..pls am a female looking for a roommate or someone to accommodate me for 2/3 weeks that i will be im University of Manitoba. Anyone interested pls reach out. Thank yoi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
sashaa:
Hello everyone I'm happy to be back on this thread. I left after my 2019 refusal. It was raining refusals back then and I left and also got engaged with other stuffs. I want to resume my pursuit and I'm wondering if there are now changes. Like are people getting approvals now? Is there hope. A little insight will be well appreciated. This thread was so helpful back then.

Welcome back, applications are mostly processed faster now, most people are submitting stronger applications improves the chances of approval. The key is research and look at other cases and submit a good application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emma549: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
Good day house,
I want to ask about Port of Entry.
Family of 3
Wife: student
Husband: sowp
9months Daughter: VV
Family is traveling together.
At the POE will they line up at the same queue for study permit holders or the husband and child will line up in a separate queue.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bj4klasic: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
I submitted my passport for the past 3 weeks haven’t gotten a message for pick up. I went to VSF in lekki they said it is still at the embassy and I have gotten letter of introduction from IRCC. What can I do school is resuming in a week time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehisg: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
UP old office is after VFS office so you can ask the security there where is their new office but the new office is not far from the old office.. like five to six building after the old office... The office still alone the road of VFS office

I meant some Boyz standing by the Gate so i asked them and they show me ups office

The price is 2650 and I submitted today

Letusconnect:

Oh. How did you go about it though and when? Did you just go straight to their office and who did you ask to see? When did you submit yours please so I can know how current that price is.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oadimd: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2023
You should have user Abuja for passport stamping they are always faster than lagos.....People have been talking about it if you follow this thread well
bj4klasic:
I submitted my passport for the past 3 weeks haven’t gotten a message for pick up. I went to VSF in lekki they said it is still at the embassy and I have gotten letter of introduction from IRCC. What can I do school is resuming in a week time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Letusconnect: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
ehisg:
UP old office is after VFS office so you can ask the security there where is their new office but the new office is not far from the old office.. like five to six building after the old office... The office still alone the road of VFS office

I meant some Boyz standing by the Gate so i asked them and they show me ups office

The price is 2650 and I submitted today

Wow.
So, this means you are going to pick it up yourself when it’s ready right? Also, did they tell you when they would submit it?

Sorry for my numerous questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
You will get your pp just message the school about the situation they might extend your date of resumption, provided you can catch up with activities in the program
bj4klasic:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by raddyworld: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello house,

Please if my admission is May 2024 and I want to begin the process of visa.
What period is the least to start so it won't affect my time to resume in college by May 2024?
Secondly, if I start my first process of documents, medical by Feb 2024 can it be out before May 2014
Considering from biometric to visa received

Thank you for your support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iremide2019: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello guys please I have a question. Is it possible to get PPR without medical update. My niece did an upfront medical and bvl just dropped now without a medical update to pass. We are scared guys please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ayandee: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
Where a relative (a brother) has paid fees directly to the institution but the applicant is selling her own land to raise proof of funds, what documents does she need to show for study visa application?

The brother is only helping with tuition, nothing more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Accessed: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2023
Ayobamiaz:
Hello good people, does anyone have an idea on how I could get a driver's license extract? Someone needs it before traveling to Canada.

You can do it from Nigeria if you are still in Nigeria. It might be cheaper depending on your plug.

You can also do it in Canada though if your time of travel is close.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by falebe: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2023
Pls who have an idea of this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Accessed: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
Guys i need help with passport collection.

VFS tracker indicates that Passports are ready for collection in Abuja since August 14th. However, the Biometrics and submissions were done in Lagos. The response on Chat is just to go to where we submitted, but there's no collection slip for Lagos to even allow entry into the building. The last notices from VFS on our mail were on August 10th when we were told the passports had been dispatched from IRCC to VAC Abuja.

Please what do you guys advise? Do we just go to Lagos and explain without the collection slip?

Note LOIs have since been updated on the Portal since Aug 11th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Accessed: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
falebe:
Pls who have an idea of this.

It means you will require a Visa if your trip has 2 stops in Europe.

So if you do not have Visa for those countries, just ensure your flight has only one stop in Europe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
When you get a BVL, it means a decision has already been made on your application. But till then, you need wait for the decision made.
Iremide2019:
Hello guys please I have a question. Is it possible to get PPR without medical update. My niece did an upfront medical and bvl just dropped now without a medical update to pass. We are scared guys please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
You can go ahead with the submission of your study permit as it might take time for ircc to process applications except you don't have the funds
raddyworld:
Hello house,

Please if my admission is May 2024 and I want to begin the process of visa.
What period is the least to start so it won't affect my time to resume in college by May 2024?
Secondly, if I start my first process of documents, medical by Feb 2024 can it be out before May 2014
Considering from biometric to visa received

Thank you for your support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duhreen: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
Iremide2019:

This was exactly me on the 17th but after sending mails and calling the next day,my medicals was updated to pass the next day. Since then nothing again. Still showing in progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
JMG12:
Yes for now there is no available date in Lagos, I suggest you wait till there is available date but there is available date in Abuja

That made sense. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
So you got BVL before your medical was updated to pass That’s strange though!
Duhreen:

This was exactly me on the 17th but after sending mails and calling the next day,my medicals was updated to pass the next day. Since then nothing again. Still showing in progress

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: GENUINEFILMS, Whillz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.