Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,672 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (411901 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 3:58am On Aug 20, 2023
Yea they do or you go to international admission either you email them or search for English proficiency they will be some countries exempted from presenting ITELS and Naija dey among.
Joesno:
Hi everyone

Pls I need some information on memorial university (mun).
From my research, they are one of the cheapest uni in Canada.. I need to knw if they accept English proficiency letter for graduate program (M. Sc in Biochemistry precisely). I don't av IELTS or it's like.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 4:03am On Aug 20, 2023
Didn't you see or read where he said it was hard securing a job during the winter best and sweet time to look for a job is fall or summer thst is where a lot of opportunities comes up.
Chibudinho55:
I enjoyed your write up, it was well detailed. But, i have a question to ask. Were you able to secure a job, and how long did it take you? How did you find a job, was it via in person or it was online via indeed, jobbank, etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by wasiubello: 6:18am On Aug 20, 2023
Please guys, i have been trying to track passport on the VFS portal but here is the response i got

" Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 2023/08/15 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website." Yet No tracking number for VIDE is giving to me

Guys, how do we go about this, flight has been booked for departure in 7days time. Any guide to tackle this. I need your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2023
Bamiiiii:
How's it going for you bro? Any update yet?
Nothing yet from my end, how bout yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feyi07: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2023
Ositaisaac:
Like you want to Apply for study permit for your daughter who is 5 years old
Have you applied at all I mean your student visa application and gotten approval if so all you need to do is apply for her as someone accompanying you. To Canada.

good mornin!!! no i havent applied.i'm about to apply together with hers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2023
Good morning, please how can someone send waec results directly from waec to school. Or those who got admission in NSCC , how do you send your original waec results directly from waec to the school?

Any information on how I can go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2023
What you will do is apply for yours first I mean study permit when you get your visa you can apply for Your child. Or you do the same with your child at the same time but for me apply fist then your child.
feyi07:

good mornin!!! no i havent applied.i'm about to apply together with hers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by routed: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2023
Bamz555:

If u are a female, I have someone looking for a roommate
Good day to you, Sir. I have sent you a mail. I need talk to you.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by onyekachee(f): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2023
Ositaisaac:
Please note that not all persons have business to show as a home ties that's why I said Id's pictures and as well Marrige/birth cert.
Nobody is leading anyone of the question
But if the person has a business well get ready to show the document of the business
That is CAC CERTIFICATE and all that.
Thank You!
But when I asked,you quoted me saying no that I should put id's of my siblings instead
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Henrymore2013: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2023
Please anybody in Holland college Canada in prince edward island..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by faithee01: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2023
GoodofNaija:
Now to give back to this thread that greatly helped me to actualize my Canada dream, its my 7th month in Canada.

I got my PPR around xmas period last year, it was my special xmas gift grin. My application lasted for about 5 months with IRCC before my PPR was released after sending a few webforms.

Note that I did not bombard them with webforms. I was very strategic and careful at sending the webforms as I was using them to give additional info about myself. For example i changed job during the period so i updated them with my new letter of employment. Then at some point when the school requested for my PPR/study permit upload, i also sent webform to remind IRCC of this development and used it to tell them to take a timely decision on my application. I let them know I was not insisting on getting the PPR but i just want them to take a decision so that I can make solid plans for my future.

Praise be to God! I got the PPR at last! From then on, things started happening so fast. I sent my passport to IRCC and had to book flight for 2nd week in January as school was already suggesting deferment to me. However, my passport did not come out until 3rd week so i had to postpone my flight till Jan 30. Luckily for me, school later advised me to register for virtual classes for the first term which i agreed to so i started lectures by the 2nd wk in January. So i had started classes well before leaving Nigeria. My first challenge with the classes was that they were always falling in midnight or very early in the morning Nigerian time. They started bombarding us with assignments and online presentations which were very difficult for me because of the timing and poor electricity and network in Nigeria.

Then the d-day came Jan 30, i moved to Lagos a day before my flight (Jan 29). I made photocopies of all relevant documents that may be needed at the airport. I had also bought some winter wears as i was aware it was winter in canada. My first time outside Nigeria and during the winter, the anxiety no be here! And then on day, proceeded to the airport with my luggage, one of my luggage was flagged for containing groundnut oil. So i gave my brother the ground nut oil. Initially, Only my wife was allowed to accompany me into the lounge after the immigration check in. I went back to bring my brother in. Then my luggage was finally checked in at the airline (qatar) desk and then i had to say goodbye to my wife and bro and then proceeded to further check ins till the final one before we entered the plane around 4pm Jan 30 and then the flight to Doha lasted for about 7hrs. I got to Doha midnight and slept on the the airport seats close to where i will board my next flight to Canada. Just after a few hours, i realized people were already gathering there and so I moved closer and then we were checked in again for the flight Canada. This was a turtuous long 14hrs journey for me in the air embarassed. We eventually arrived at Montreal. From there, i had to board another flight to Toronto.

My arrival at Montreal was first my taste of winter, especially when we were being directed to the toronto flight. I was like, is this where i will be living? Even with winter jacket, you will get frozen if you stay long in it but we quickly boarded the toronto flight and we landed at my last destination at Toronto Pearson airport. Lest i forget, i got my study permit at the Montreal airport being my port of entry. To get it, they asked me for proof of study as I was late so i showed evidence of my online classes and platform on my phone and so i was given my study permit promptly shocked.

At toronto airport, i collected my luggage and then moved to exit the airport. I called my friend and then my second real taste of winter was about to happen. As i exited the airport to check where my friend parked, the winter cold hit me like crazy and i immediately ran back inside the lounge and next i had to take courage and prepared myself well to go out again to locate my friend. Thank God I was able to locate him on time. Between the time l located and moved my luggage to his car, i was already shivering like a chicken inside water. The cold no be here o! grin

From there, we went home and my Canada life began. My study was a very tough battle and then it was difficult to get work during winter. Thank God I had some money on me that helped to survive.

After about 7 months, i have just finished my program this month. Guys study here is not easy......you must be ready for plenty assignments and presentations. My school is Sheridan College. Thank God for the journey so far. Canada is a beautiful and organized country and many opportunities to survive before you fully stabilize. Companies full everywhere!

This is my journey so far in Canada!

Thank you for this.

Pls why didn't they allow u carry the Groundnut oil....is it that they don't allow liquids at all like palm oil and others ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Is it part of it
Since someone quote me wrong that's why I use that of business in its own sector and Id's in its own sector even landed property like houses, or lands withbiys survey document.
But I don't really know if actually you have all this that why I said Id's and pictures if all this DOCUMENT i.e houses landed property , business, government IDs AFFIDAVIT of return and Marrige cert. Dear just wait for for your approval.

Should I give you list of how to arrange your document??
onyekachee:
But when I asked,you quoted me saying no that I should put id's of my siblings instead
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oluayebenz: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2023
wasiubello:
Please guys, i have been trying to track passport on the VFS portal but here is the response i got

" Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre on 2023/08/15 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC Website." Yet No tracking number for VIDE is giving to me

Guys, how do we go about this, flight has been booked for departure in 7days time. Any guide to tackle this. I need your help

Chat VFS on live chat or email them for your AWB number to track your package.
You will definitely get your passport probably on Tuesday.
Where re you located?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
Okay here is how to package your document for student visa application

Passport
Passport photograph (Canadian style white background)
Letter of acceptance from DLI colleges/ uni
Transcript
WAEC CERTIFICATE With scratch card pin
BSC CERTIFICATE
English proficiency letter (Not necessary)
Tuition fee or deposit fee
Your personal Account bank statement (even if you are given deed of gift or lump sum of money is been deposit show it then use Letter of explanation⬇️ To express yourself.)
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit/declaration of sponsorship.
Sponsor bank STATEMENT 4 -6 months
Sponsors passport (If he or she has)
Sponsor Business INVOICE (If he or she has any business or investment at hand)
Sponsor certified Business registration (CAC)
Sponsor pay SLIP (employer/ employee)
Sponsor landed property
Sponsor birth certificate (this shows your relationship with your Sponsor
Sponsor marriagecertificate (⬆️same as well)
Optional picture with you and sponsor.
SOP(statement of purpose )
CV/Resume (Canadian style)
Letter of introduction
Letter of explanation (where you will explain yourself indetails if you have deed of gift, denial e t.c)
Professional certificate
Affidavit of Return from the high court
Medical exam result
Police report
NYSC CERTIFICATE
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
your IDs
If your are Marrige
Consent letter from your spouse
Marriage certificate
Newspapers change of name.
Landed property of your parent
Or yours if you have
ID'S OF YOUR PARENTS siblings
Marrige of them.
Births cerifitcate as well.
(These are home tie where you can put all your family property there⬆️)

If I forgot something let me know 🙏🤔✌

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ositaisaac: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
Seneca college
Algonquin college
Confederation college
Cambrian College
Humber college
Canadore college
NBCC
carbon1224:

Seneca college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by johnagwu1: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
Please does anyone know the timeline for passport stamping from abuja vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ade279(f): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
If you know anybody (female) resuming at the university of Manitoba by September, 2023 and is in need of accomodation. I have a shared one bedroom available at Drury Manor: https://towersrealty.ca/building/drury-manor/

Contact me for more details.
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GoodofNaija: 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
faithee01:

Thank you for this.

Pls why didn't they allow u carry the Groundnut oil....is it that they don't allow liquids at all like palm oil and others ?

I really dont know why....they just said even if they allow, Canada will frown at it. But i had other foodstuffs. But things like groundnut oil are readily available here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mistlizzy01: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2023
I'll also like to connect with anyone going to Bow valley for 2024 ,my application is in progress.
My contact 08108152149
Fairyabby:
Hi everyone, please I would love to connect with anyone going to Bow Valley College, Calgary for September 2023 intake. I also need accommodation around SAIT, UoC or anywhere accessible to bow valley college. Please kindly contact me on

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
Check online, the waec certificate access portal.
You have to pay 7500 for access to your certificate if u're in Nigeria or 30 dollars for international based applicants.
Then 5000 to share it or 20 dollars for international based applicants. You share it via documents at nscc.ca email address as stated on the school website.
kc6964:
Good morning, please how can someone send waec results directly from waec to school. Or those who got admission in NSCC , how do you send your original waec results directly from waec to the school?

Any information on how I can go about it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Abigbo:
Check online, the waec certificate access portal.
You have to pay 7500 for access to your certificate if u're in Nigeria or 30 dollars for international based applicants.
Then 5000 to share it or 20 dollars for international based applicants. You share it via documents at nscc.ca email address as stated on the school website.

Wow thanks so much , I almost lose hope . Thanks for this vital information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyere2023: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hey guys! I am in a state of confusion, IRCC hasn’t respond and my resumption is next month 25, course registration is on going and deadline is tomorrow.
Please what do you advice?
Defer admission to January 2024 or send a web form?
Please can anyone help with the site or way to go about the web form.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2023
Even if IRCC respond can your visa ready tomorrow? Your better bet is to defer to January 2024

Iyere2023:
Hey guys! I am in a state of confusion, IRCC hasn’t respond and my resumption is next month 25, course registration is on going and deadline is tomorrow.
Please what do you advice?
Defer admission to January 2024 or send a web form?
Please can anyone help with the site or way to go about the web form.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyere2023: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Even if IRCC respond can your visa ready tomorrow? Your better bet is to defer to January 2024

okay thank you. So my reason will be because of the delay in responding from IRCC?

Please put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyere2023: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
Teefab:

There is a telegram grp for UCW students, let me know if you will like to be added

I am interested. Thank youuuu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chubby682: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
ide2012:

No updates yet. Those guys are slow in replying or giving out admissions and the wait time varies per programs.

Hey sure, bro, which program are you going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
Yes you can choose visa delayed

Note there are some college that you have to pay first semester fee before they can allow you to defer.

Iyere2023:
okay thank you. So my reason will be because of the delay in responding from IRCC?

Please put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RelaxingEnd: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
GoodofNaija:
Now to give back to this thread that greatly helped me to actualize my Canada dream, its my 7th month in Canada.

I got my PPR around xmas period last year, it was my special xmas gift grin. My application lasted for about 5 months with IRCC before my PPR was released after sending a few webforms.

Note that I did not bombard them with webforms. I was very strategic and careful at sending the webforms as I was using them to give additional info about myself. For example i changed job during the period so i updated them with my new letter of employment. Then at some point when the school requested for my PPR/study permit upload, i also sent webform to remind IRCC of this development and used it to tell them to take a timely decision on my application. I let them know I was not insisting on getting the PPR but i just want them to take a decision so that I can make solid plans for my future.

Praise be to God! I got the PPR at last! From then on, things started happening so fast. I sent my passport to IRCC and had to book flight for 2nd week in January as school was already suggesting deferment to me. However, my passport did not come out until 3rd week so i had to postpone my flight till Jan 30. Luckily for me, school later advised me to register for virtual classes for the first term which i agreed to so i started lectures by the 2nd wk in January. So i had started classes well before leaving Nigeria. My first challenge with the classes was that they were always falling in midnight or very early in the morning Nigerian time. They started bombarding us with assignments and online presentations which were very difficult for me because of the timing and poor electricity and network in Nigeria.

Then the d-day came Jan 30, i moved to Lagos a day before my flight (Jan 29). I made photocopies of all relevant documents that may be needed at the airport. I had also bought some winter wears as i was aware it was winter in canada. My first time outside Nigeria and during the winter, the anxiety no be here! And then on day, proceeded to the airport with my luggage, one of my luggage was flagged for containing groundnut oil. So i gave my brother the ground nut oil. Initially, Only my wife was allowed to accompany me into the lounge after the immigration check in. I went back to bring my brother in. Then my luggage was finally checked in at the airline (qatar) desk and then i had to say goodbye to my wife and bro and then proceeded to further check ins till the final one before we entered the plane around 4pm Jan 30 and then the flight to Doha lasted for about 7hrs. I got to Doha midnight and slept on the the airport seats close to where i will board my next flight to Canada. Just after a few hours, i realized people were already gathering there and so I moved closer and then we were checked in again for the flight Canada. This was a turtuous long 14hrs journey for me in the air embarassed. We eventually arrived at Montreal. From there, i had to board another flight to Toronto.

My arrival at Montreal was first my taste of winter, especially when we were being directed to the toronto flight. I was like, is this where i will be living? Even with winter jacket, you will get frozen if you stay long in it but we quickly boarded the toronto flight and we landed at my last destination at Toronto Pearson airport. Lest i forget, i got my study permit at the Montreal airport being my port of entry. To get it, they asked me for proof of study as I was late so i showed evidence of my online classes and platform on my phone and so i was given my study permit promptly shocked.

At toronto airport, i collected my luggage and then moved to exit the airport. I called my friend and then my second real taste of winter was about to happen. As i exited the airport to check where my friend parked, the winter cold hit me like crazy and i immediately ran back inside the lounge and next i had to take courage and prepared myself well to go out again to locate my friend. Thank God I was able to locate him on time. Between the time l located and moved my luggage to his car, i was already shivering like a chicken inside water. The cold no be here o! grin

From there, we went home and my Canada life began. My study was a very tough battle and then it was difficult to get work during winter. Thank God I had some money on me that helped to survive.

After about 7 months, i have just finished my program this month. Guys study here is not easy......you must be ready for plenty assignments and presentations. My school is Sheridan College. Thank God for the journey so far. Canada is a beautiful and organized country and many opportunities to survive before you fully stabilize. Companies full everywhere!

This is my journey so far in Canada!

Congratulations! It's my 7th month as well. Are you going for a second program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iyere2023: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:
Yes you can choose visa delayed

Note there are some college that you have to pay first semester fee before they can allow you to defer.

okay deposit fees has been paid, will that cover for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by KoolSpade: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
Did you get a reply.on this ?
Rapujoshua:
Can I use landed property to show connection and tiers that I will come back and also proof of funds support.

2rdly I got the properties in my dad name, what documents would I be needing to proof it's mine, can i do a deed of transfer or something.

Please help, I got a refusal on tier and proof I will return, I want to add this and reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by KoolSpade: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
I have an admiss for this falls been January, but i feel im not well preparedto go can i delayit till the next session?
Iyere2023:
okay deposit fees has been paid, will that cover for it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: phurlly(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.