Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (405803 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Joesno(m): 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Joedave25:
You will be fine if you can get letter from your registrar at your school that you were taught in English Language. That was what I did and got into MUN

Good luck

Can I message u namie?

I've some few questions about the application processes if u don't mind boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lavaqueen(f): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
OTSAMUEL:
Hello everyone please I need your help with something I don't really understand this new IRCC portal......so I submitted my application sometimes last week going for my biometrics on Friday, so I was watching a video on YouTube hearing some girl saying she was refused twice due to the fact that she imputed all the cost of her program in the education cost box while filling the form on the new portal instead of her inputing just the cost of a year so she was denied due to insufficient fund yet she has enough for her studies I.e if her annual fee is 20,500 for a 4 years program she imputed 82000 for the 4years and was denied......the problem now is while I was filling mine too I did exact same thing is this a red flag? What should I do?

Pls o I ALSO NEED RESPONSE TO THIS.
IN THE SAME SHOE.

This was same thing I did. And I did my biometrics on 14th of this month. Since then nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by taymmy: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Please who is going to Vancouver this September. I need a room apartment. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
frony1:

Please can you suggest anyone that can help with this ?
I have a plug...send me a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
ZorroJuro:

Please does anyone know what I should do🤲🏾
send them mails and webforms...if not...you have to reschedule your flight

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Trendy101(f): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hello good day everyone. Feels good to be here. I just receive LOA from Conestoga for May 2024 intake.
The issue now is that I am currently pregnant and estimated delivery date is April 2024. My question is, what are my chances of obtaining study permit from IRCC while pregnant? Also, is there a possibility of deferring the admission to Jan 2025 winter intake? Please has anyone been in my shoes before? Please I will really appreciate answers to my questions. Many thanks to everyone contributing positively to this forum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Funformofi: 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
My apologies. I meant 19Jul.
I got ID request on 16Aug and the notes on 17Aug.

I suggest you try the other method discussed on this platform that involves paying. @kenoja actually testified getting it within 9days.

Also take up the advise offered by @angie88.

But buy all means try more options to beat the time.

Best of luck.

portablesuzy:
@Funformofi i appreciate have not gotten any ID request and its over a month since July 6th. I followed the steps given on the thread.
did u say u applied August 19 or its a typing error. Am seriously believing for a mail from then

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Twostep: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Thanks, I was able to book Sept 1st as that was the earliest possible date.

Johnbosco1:

First week of September. There were about 5 dates that popped up and they weren't orderly. I just had to choose the earliest one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ayandee: 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Trendy101:
Hello good day everyone. Feels good to be here. I just receive LOA from Conestoga for May 2024 intake.
The issue now is that I am currently pregnant and estimated delivery date is April 2024. My question is, what are my chances of obtaining study permit from IRCC while pregnant? Also, is there a possibility of deferring the admission to Jan 2025 winter intake? Please has anyone been in my shoes before? Please I will really appreciate answers to my questions. Many thanks to everyone contributing positively to this forum.
Congratulations. IRCC won't be concerned about pregnancy and you wont be the first to study while pregnant. Since your delivery date is April, you still have 4months from resumption to plan for child delivery.

What's your support system in Canada like? Do you have family members here who can help you with the baby? Is your spouse coming with you? What's your financial situation? These are questions that determine whether a deferral would be necessary

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by BrandProtection(m): 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Please house, I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks a lot.

BrandProtection:
Good evening house,

Please I need your advice on this issue.

I already got passport request and have sent my passport for stamping for a 2-year programme. I was supposed to resume in September 2023, but PPR didn't come until my school's deadline for study permit submission passed on August 15th. Now school says my admission has been deferred to May 2024. They just sent the new admission letter.

Will I need to send the new LOA to IRCC? Or just wait and travel in April 2024?

Hope there wouldn't be any complications?

Also, my medicals will expire in January 2024. Do I need to do a new one before April?

Please kindly advise on the best approach.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2023
Please I'm putting together POF .. I got a someone that can sponsor me .. I'm married though which indicated already .. So my concern is wud it be preferable to also add my own sef POF to show I have some funds to support too ..like 5-6. Together with my sponsor POF ..or I could just use only sponsors .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themmzyadewale: 12:43am On Aug 23, 2023
kenoja:
Hello there, is there any existing WhatsApp group for University of Manitoba students?

I don't know of any. Pls tag me when you see one. I am also looking for accommodation as I am going in a week time and I haven't gotten where to stay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 12:48am On Aug 23, 2023
Themmzyadewale:

I don't know of any. Pls tag me when you see one. I am also looking for accommodation as I am going in a week time and I haven't gotten where to stay

Bro bro pls how much was ur POF balance .. Did you use a sponsor or self . my tuition is 13k CAD .. Would u advice I use self POF? Or both ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samueledes: 1:39am On Aug 23, 2023
TrendyBby:
sent you a mail, please reply

Hello everyone, is there any WhatsApp groups for University of Saskatchewan (U of S) international students ? Please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samueledes: 1:48am On Aug 23, 2023
Army2022:
URGENT!!!
🙏Somebody please help.
Who's looking for a female roommate around Kitchener, not more than 450cad.
Or a single room not more than 650cad.
Anybody currently @ Conestoga Kitchener please help me.
@Tenderjunkie
@Johnstan
And anybody that can help please do 🙏
I will be resuming schooling by the winter falls 2024 and I would like to have a roommate too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Themmzyadewale: 2:05am On Aug 23, 2023
yankison:

Bro bro pls how much was ur POF balance .. Did you use a sponsor or self . my tuition is 13k CAD .. Would u advice I use self POF? Or both ..

It's hard to advice as per this. Because I used a sponsor with 26m and was approved. And I was told I was very lucky. Because I am going with my baby, and they didnt ask for my own proof of fund. My sister did the same method used 30m and was declined. So I feel if you can use both it will be better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by faithee01: 4:31am On Aug 23, 2023
Trendy101:

Go ahead with your application...You can get a study permit even while pregant. Just make sure u disclose to IOM during your medicals so that they can protect your baby during the xray for the chest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:49am On Aug 23, 2023
You can use a sponsor without including your own bank account the logic is that if your sponsor bank account was trading and show financial strength, ie within the 6 month bank statement there's a lot of transaction in and out up to (30 pages bank statement or more ) is advisable to use .

NB: your sponsor need to provide document to back he/her source of income and property in his name, write a Sponsorship letter plus affidavit of sponsorship.

Shalom!!!!

Themmzyadewale
post=125296680:

It's hard to advice as per this. Because I used a sponsor with 26m and was approved. And I was told I was very lucky. Because I am going with my baby, and they didnt ask for my own proof of fund. My sister did the same method used 30m and was declined. So I feel if you can use both it will be better.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by golor(m): 4:49am On Aug 23, 2023
Larryjam:
I can’t really say. But you only get this when your eligibility review has started

I am having same on my eligibility. I ordered for my note and saw that . Everything passed already just the eligibility going for a month now . 5 ghost update so far .

Also , my note came empty
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:52am On Aug 23, 2023
You will need to inform IRCC through webform very important

BrandProtection:
Please house, I'd appreciate any help with this. Thanks a lot.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Please can you share the sample of letter you send to IRCC through webform?

Eldythedon:

You can’t travel without the port of entry letter so just send webform. I sent webform and I also sent email to their Abuja email address this morning and I have gotten the letter .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ZorroJuro: 5:56am On Aug 23, 2023
Eldythedon:

You can’t travel without the port of entry letter so just send webform. I sent webform and I also sent email to their Abuja email address this morning and I have gotten the letter .

Please what is their Abuja email address? I've already sent webform twice to the Nairobi link. Also, if you didn't send to Nairobi which one did you send to? And the link for it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 6:28am On Aug 23, 2023
From Canadavisa Discussion Forum on this last year: Maybe reach out to CBSA if possible but learnt some Airlines ask for the LOI though

Jan 7, 2022

For those who haven't received the POE / correspondence letter on their GCKey after stamping, don't worry about it. I mean it is good to have but not compulsory. If you have already booked flights then don't cancel it just because you haven't received POE. I contacted IRCC Delhi regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Gist of the email is that POE is not required to travel and the border officers already have access to your details. Moreover, I double checked this with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) too. Cheers!

think it helps

copy & Paste

Eldythedon:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ZorroJuro: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2023
kenoja:
From Canadavisa Discussion Forum on this last year: Maybe reach out to CBSA if possible but learnt some Airlines ask for the LOI though

Jan 7, 2022

For those who haven't received the POE / correspondence letter on their GCKey after stamping, don't worry about it. I mean it is good to have but not compulsory. If you have already booked flights then don't cancel it just because you haven't received POE. I contacted IRCC Delhi regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Gist of the email is that POE is not required to travel and the border officers already have access to your details. Moreover, I double checked this with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) too. Cheers!

think it helps

copy & Paste

Thank you for the update. I was already panicking because plane tickets for the next couple of days are double what I paid initially. I have sent multiple webforms and emails this morning, hopefully I get a reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kinggame1: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2023
Please what's a reference letter from the bank and how do I get it. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2023
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID xxxxxxdd has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Tue Aug 15 2023 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Till now I have not gotten my passport and I cannot track it

I contacted vfs through chat and they asked me to wait for it to be delivered

Anyone having same delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:27am On Aug 23, 2023
Give me the link you used to chat with them

charlesoz19:
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID xxxxxxdd has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Tue Aug 15 2023 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2023
tosins:
Hello gurus in the house, please I did my biometrics on the 3rd of July and till now no update yet, school ( Seneca College) resumes next month September. Please what do I need to do

pls, what's the difference between biometrics and medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Give me the link you used to chat with them

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us#

Are you having same delay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by johnagwu1: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2023
Did you submit in Lagos or Abuja? and contact their web chat support they should give you a tracking number
charlesoz19:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Malcolmx12: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2023
taymmy:
Please who is going to Vancouver this September. I need a room apartment. Thanks
send me a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2023
gideon19:

pls, what's the difference between biometrics and medicals?

Biometric is to take your finger print and personal information to create a profile for you. It's done at vfs...you will be requested after submission to do a biometric.

Medical is to see if you are healthy and won't be a problem to their health center. It's done at accredited bodies like IOM or qlife....you can do upfront.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Petrified235555, pabu(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.