Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (411658 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 8:37am On Aug 23, 2023
johnagwu1:
Did you submit in Lagos or Abuja? and contact their web chat support they should give you a tracking number

Abuja.

They said their partner is ups and I should wait for it to be delivered. Its been a week plus.

My concern is I can't track the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2023
samuelkingz:
Dear house , please help me here. I applied for my GCMS notes after my second refusal last 2 months. But I’m yet to recieve it. Please what I can do to get this note as resumption is drawing near and I need to sort it out. I would appreciate the help.

Was it paid or free service. If you tried paid service initially, you can also try the free service.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2023
yankison:
Please I'm putting together POF .. I got a someone that can sponsor me .. I'm married though which indicated already .. So my concern is wud it be preferable to also add my own sef POF to show I have some funds to support too ..like 5-6. Together with my sponsor POF ..or I could just use only sponsors .

If your sponsor isn't your spouse and you are working or running a business, then it's important you show significant money in your own personal account. Let it be realistic and don't give the VO doubts how you accumulated such money. So be ready to explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by wasiubello: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Dear community members,

I am reaching out with a sense of urgency and concern. On the 15th of this month, I received an email from VAC informing me that they have dispatched the decision envelope through their designated courier partner, VIDE. Unfortunately, they did not provide a tracking code for the courier. Despite having a flight booked for the 29th of this month, my passport, which I require for travel, has not yet been delivered to me.

If anyone among you is familiar with the process of tracking packages through VIDE Courier Partner or possesses their contact information, kindly assist me in this matter. Although I reached out to VAC via email two days ago, I have not received a response so far.

I am sincerely seeking help from a fellow member of this community. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oadimd: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2023
If you are wise and you dont want to be rejected just add your own personal account statement along with your sponsor's....you should have at least more than 10k CAD in your personal account cox the VO will think u cant take care of yourself since your sponsor will take care of your tuition he or she won't be the one resonsible for your feeding and housing and transportation, that's why u are adding your personal statement, if you don't add ur personal statement, the VO will believe you won't be able to handle other expenses during your stay in Canada... And don't forget to get an avidaffit of relationship between you and ur sponsor and lastly get a document to show that your sponsor has be sponsoring you all your life that's if ur sponsor is an extention of ur family.....Goodluck to you

yankison:
Please I'm putting together POF .. I got a someone that can sponsor me .. I'm married though which indicated already .. So my concern is wud it be preferable to also add my own sef POF to show I have some funds to support too ..like 5-6. Together with my sponsor POF ..or I could just use only sponsors .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2023
Trendy101:
Hello good day everyone. Feels good to be here. I just receive LOA from Conestoga for May 2024 intake.
The issue now is that I am currently pregnant and estimated delivery date is April 2024. My question is, what are my chances of obtaining study permit from IRCC while pregnant? Also, is there a possibility of deferring the admission to Jan 2025 winter intake? Please has anyone been in my shoes before? Please I will really appreciate answers to my questions. Many thanks to everyone contributing positively to this forum.

Hi Trendy, being pregnant does not affect your chances of getting SP. The issue will be how you are going to take care of the baby and combine your studies. EDD is April 24, and your programme starts May 24, that means that, when you are supposed to be on maternity leave, you will be in school. Your best bet is to defer your intake (Please find out the deferral policy of the school) to Jan 25 so that you can also apply for visa for the baby and the Baby would have been strong enough to be taken to a daycare. If you have all documents now, you can start your own application and start reaching out to daycare centres around your proposed school to be added to the waitlist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2023
golor:

I am having same on my eligibility. I ordered for my note and saw that . Everything passed already just the eligibility going for a month now . 5 ghost update so far .

Also , my note came empty

Recommend interview, means that the case has been passed to a Senior VO to access, ideally, you would have been invited to an interview with the VO, but since IRCC do not do interview for SP applicants, a senior officer would have to review the case. Plus side, the primary VO did not refuse it after reviewing the application. Let's hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ahaisibwe(f): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2023
Hello Guys praise God l please wanted some advice for a friend he got his stamped passport last week Friday and his school is in Halifax nova Scotia which will be resuming on 6th September but wants to book a flight by 4th of September to Toronto because there are no direct flights then proceed to Halifax l wanted to please know if its risky or not good to go one day before school starts and will it cause problems at the port of entry that he is going one day before school and passing through Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Urrch: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2023
Hello guys,

My Fiancee Canadian study visa application has been approved and we just got married.

Please under which route can I apply to join her? I am a student in the UK and I am planning to travel with her since I am done with my studies here in the UK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by elijah101(m): 11:08am On Aug 23, 2023
Please guys .. I want a clear path on how one can get Pr through the study route with a one year course ......
can I take up another course ... I plan to do a post graduate certificate course .... can I take up a masters after that course ... .. I just need a path to follow ..

Thanks house ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
You can move with your wife through SOWP or VV as her dependent
Urrch:
Hello guys,

My Fiancee Canadian study visa application has been approved and we just got married.

Please under which route can I apply to join her? I am a student in the UK and I am planning to travel with her since I am done with my studies here in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Twostep:
Thanks, I was able to book Sept 1st as that was the earliest possible date.

Please, is the portal still open for booking?, my agent said it is closed right now till September 1st, is this correct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tnex: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
It's sad how people come here to get information and get PPR. But they won't come back to state timeline. However, they come back to ask of how they can send their passport. I feel that's not nice.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
Good afternoon,
Please I been urgent!
I applied to Fanshawe college for September 2024,
Program: Plumbing Techniques.
I will like to find out before paying tuition deposit if anyone knows if one will be able to work during the course of the program and if the program is eligible for PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oadimd: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Well canada immigration is so very unpredictable every one has unique case your application is peculiar to you that's my believe what is good for the goose might be hazard for the gander.....I understand u need them to come back and tell their story so it can help other plan well yet I still stand on we all have unique cases and needs to be treated differently the only similarity is we are all applying for a study permit, some certificate program some bsc some msc some PhD let just gather the information we believe fit our situation and leave the rest for God to handle my believe is if u are destined to study in cananda it will surely happen irrespective of the errors u have made in you documentation and application

tnex:
It's sad how people come here to get information and get PPR. But they won't come back to state timeline. However, they come back to ask of how they can send their passport. I feel that's not nice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tnex: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Remember the whole idea for this is to help one another.
Oadimd:

Well canada immigration is so very unpredictable every one has unique case your application is peculiar to you that's my believe what is good for the goose might be hazard for the gander.....I understand u need them to come back and tell their story so it can help other plan well yet I still stand on we all have unique cases and needs to be treated differently the only similarity is we are all applying for a study permit, some certificate program some bsc some msc some PhD let just gather the information we believe fit our situation and leave the rest for God to handle my believe is if u are destined to study in cananda it will surely happen irrespective of the errors u have made in you documentation and application

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,

You can add your POF together with your sponsors. If your sponsor has enough, that is also fine. There’s no harm in adding yours, the more the better smiley

yankison:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by puffmama: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
No notification but if you sign into your acct, you will see that your profile has been updated with your biometrics number , the date it was done and the expiry date

quote author=OTSAMUEL post=125292488]PLS !!!.

When will i get response from IRCC after biometrics.
And also did need to get any notification after my Biometrics any pls enlighten oo.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
Biometrics is basically your digital identification, while medicals are the steps you will have to acquire for IRCC to notice you have a medical condition or not. smiley

gideon19:

pls, what's the difference between biometrics and medicals?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by puffmama: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
No it won't , he is expected to arrive earlier then course start date to sort out accomodation and settle in . What they frown at is when someone comes too early .
A day or even is totally fine . 1-2 weeks IMO is fine as well
The UK even allows a month and they issue your vignette a month earlier than you course start date

quote author=Ahaisibwe post=125301954]Hello Guys praise God l please wanted some advice for a friend he got his stamped passport last week Friday and his school is in Halifax nova Scotia which will be resuming on 6th September but wants to book a flight by 4th of September to Toronto because there are no direct flights then proceed to Halifax l wanted to please know if its risky or not good to go one day before school starts and will it cause problems at the port of entry that he is going one day before school and passing through Toronto [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikennaex: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello good day everyone I am glad to join this platform and bring my situation on here and I hope I can get solution to my problem. I applied for a study visa this August which I got rejected but my proof of funds was enough (29 million naira) from my sponsor (Father), a Tuition Deposit, Investment certificate and other documents and I still got refused. I have applied for the GCMS notes to know why I was Refused. Please does anyone here have an idea of how long it will take for the GCMS to be processed? any other helpful information would be highly appreciated. Thanks....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
golor:

I am having same on my eligibility. I ordered for my note and saw that . Everything passed already just the eligibility going for a month now . 5 ghost update so far .

Also , my note came empty
Which site did you order your notes from? And how long did it take before it arrived
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello there,
You do not have any concerns to worry about, you will just have to wait for a decision from IRCC. wink

Larryjam:
Please who else has experienced this? My applicant medical status was updated to pass on Aug 2nd when eligibility review started 1st Aug. And today medical changed from passed to “ you don’t need medicals” what could have happened please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello there,

In order to make a lump sum into your account, you can ask a member from your family to make a lump sim into your account and write a deed of gift letter towards you. Mind you, you will have to state your relationship with the member from your family. All the best wink . Hoping other responses from others for you. It is always advisable to apply for your visa really on time, better early than never.

oloyemeji:
Is it feasible to deposit a lump sum of around 6 million into my account, and what would be the necessary documentation to support it? Furthermore, is it too early to apply for a visa for next year's fall intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
You will not need to arrange your documents in a table of contents if you are having issues on doing it. You will just have to make your documents easy to understand and follow an order that will be easy to glance through.

pnieeventures:

Good day everyone,

Please I need template of how to arrange my documents in table of contents.
I will appreciate if I can get some to help with this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
You will be required to send your passport for a stamp once a final decision is made on your visa application.
Secondly, you can go to cyber cafes close to you to request for a passport photo for Canada and they can send you the digital copy to your email which you will upload on the Canadian visa website.
All the best smiley

blessedbest:
Good day fam,please I am preparing to apply for my visa,please at what point will i be required to send my passport hard copy before or after ppr?

please my second question ,where will i go to take the standard picture/passport for my visa application. please its urgent ,please help !!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
Yes, you can. All it takes is if you have a job that can suffice for you. What is the main purpose for asking, so we will provide you a better response.

OTSAMUEL:
Pls i have a question that is bothering my mind.

Can I pay for my cost of living and tuition fee as international student in saskatchewan canada my self.
NEED ANSWER FROM EXPERT PLEASE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hello,
Yes it is cheesy
onyekachee:
is business a strong home tie?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Olatundeshosho(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
Please what is the different between letter of introduction and port of entry letter?

Eldythedon:

You can’t travel without the port of entry letter so just send webform. I sent webform and I also sent email to their Abuja email address this morning and I have gotten the letter .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Teezkid: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hi,
You will need to create a new account for the new portal.

ItzRay:
Hello house, good day to y'all.

Please i have an account on gckey which i used for my first application but i want to reapply with the new portal for my second application. Will my login details for gckey still work with the new portal or do i need to create a new account for the new portal?
Also please who has the link to the new portal should kindly drop it here cos i can't find in online.
@gurus in the house please help.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AdesheO: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hi all,

I came here to ask for advice when my visa was denied two months ago. i will be reapplying as advised and i am in the process of differing my admission. The only available start date is September 2024 for Mohawk college. I need advise on when it will be a a good time to re-start processing the visa application for the September intake. My first semester fees have been paid which is roughly 10,000 Cad. Given that i will be going with my husband and 18 month old son what would you advise is a good amount for POF.

thank you all for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Olatundeshosho(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
Olatundeshosho:

Please what is the different between letter of introduction and port of entry letter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.