Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure (21982 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Swissli(f): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
Because It Is, What Are You Doing In A Place Everyone Is Running From
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TheGift: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE. Just a few of them move down to their countryside because doing so means cutting one off from opportunities.

That's what Internet and private jets are for. The really rich don't have to hustle like that.

And even for those based in the city, many go closer to nature when they want to take a break.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by J3susFr3ak: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
jmoore:
Ignorance is the main reason. In the village, you can easily get access to acres of land to farm at very low prices and harvest go plenty.

Yeah...the basic idea is to study which companies, firms or organizations in the city need certain types of "raw materials" that would inevitably be some type of crop or cash crop which can only be sourced in the villages where farmers may produce them--or where one would also like to produce them likewise. With the added knowledge of the market, begin to supply the raw materials or food crops from the comfort of the village.

The cities in Europe were initially built by an organized farming community before the Industrial revolution.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Waffarianman(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exmilitant:
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.

You can make my village your village aslo. How u see am

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Waffarianman(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kizyte:
Do you know what it means to be close to your village people? Village people can't accept you if you have not failed!

Village people dey fear us D's days. I visit village most times
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Waffarianman(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
jmoore:
Ignorance is the main reason. In the village, you can easily get access to acres of land to farm at very low prices and harvest go plenty.

My acres of palm trees (red oil) farm and other farm produce is a testimony.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by seunayantokun(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Because political leaders have dried up life in rural areas.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by adebayo987: 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
Right ... The reason is that.

1. No good road
2. No constant electricity
3. No clean water
4. No waste management
5. No good internet (mostly 2G networks are installed by network providers) in the village
6. Low population (would result to poor patronising if doing business)
7. If doing business, cost of transportation will make you make less profit. Sometimes things stay and spoil in your shop due to very low patronage and if it becomes expensive, nobody will buy because there are alternatives and enduring/ultra managing minds in the village.
8. No security (especially if you're known as a wealthy person)
9. No clinic
10. Most local pharmacy a.k.a Chemist has expired drugs, therefore endangering your health to known and unknown illness that could be fatal. Drugs expire in village local pharmacies because most people rely on herbs.
11. Etc. Etc.
12. Only farm products are likely to sell well. But almost everyone can farm in the village.

However, the village is good for retirement or to have a peace of mind. It's also a place to go and hide from the rest of the world (especially hiding from unwanted guests and visits).
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Waffarianman:

You can make my village your village aslo. How u see am
No problem. Can I come with my God's and Goddess? I have 77 of them.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Rotji(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
It depends on why they're relocating back to the village to do.

While so many Africans are killing themselves in the name of japa, many dieing and drowning in the process a lot of Americans especially African Americans are relocating to Africa.

You may relocate back to the village to start smart farming which if managed well might turn you into a millionaire within few years of relocating. There are other thriving business opportunities in the villages that we all are refusing to see or acknowledge.

If a man relocates to his village and becomes a nuisance or a burden or does nothing to better his lot, then that's what you call a failure

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kevineleven(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exmilitant:
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.
Village witchcraft might kill you fasterD;
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kevineleven(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
adebayo987:
Right ... The reason is that.

1. No good road
2. No constant electricity
3. No clean water
4. No waste management
5. No good internet (mostly 2G networks are installed by network providers) in the village
6. Low population (would result to poor patronising if doing business)
7. If doing business, cost of transportation will make you make less profit. Sometimes things stay and spoil in your shop due to very low patronage and if it becomes expensive, nobody will buy because there are alternatives and enduring/ultra managing minds in the village.
8. No security (especially if you're known as a wealthy person)

However, the village is good for retirement or to have a peace of mind. It's also a place to go and hide from the rest of the world (especially hiding from unwanted guests and visits).
Omo you come from a real village.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Faithy04: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Because sometimes, they believe that returning back to the village may cause a shame because they did not enough wealth and money to show off in the village

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kevineleven:

Village witchcraft might kill you fasterD;
Nah bro. I am also a witch. A wicked one!
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Waffarianman(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exmilitant:
No problem. Can I come with my God's and Goddess? I have 77 of them.

No shaking as urhobo man I b I no run gallant here dey wait Una. How u see am
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by CheatingBoyfrie(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
2RUTHHURTS:
cheesy Even God instructed Abraham to leave his father's land to be blessed, same way Joseph was blessed in a foreign land, Esther the same.

Tell God Bro Foreign Land price of things don too cost...I the go back my homeland bro doe my village we no the buy Garri
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by adebayo987: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kevineleven:

Omo you come from a real village.
Lmao 🤣🤣😆😅😆😆😅😆😆😅 😆😆😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😅😆
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2023
Waffarianman:

No shaking as urhobo man I b I no run gallant here dey wait Una. How u see am
Urhobo migwo....
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by uuzba(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2023
bigdammyj:
Reading...
If your house and land is in the city, where are you supposed to go?
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Alaigbopress: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
Understand that there are categories of villages there are Villages that are semi Urban and Urban and there are people's village that is already City. Anambra people can relate, an Anambralian can easily go back to his village and start hustling because most part of Anambra is opening up at a very fast rate but will that be said of someone from interior Enugu or Ebonyi where You and birds plus other bush animals will be friends. Interior village will change your mentality, affect your physique and even affect your productivity. Infact interior village is not good for Young people. So check your village and know how developed it is before relocating back. What I advice my people in Big Cities like Lagos is to move back to fast developing Cities like Oba, Nnewi, Awka-Etiti, Nnobi, Igbo-Ukwu, Ekwulobia in these Cities You can enjoy tranquil life and affordable cost of living.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Bfly: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
The matter of failure is for the illiterate and most especially lazy ones. A real educated person wouldn't have problem making such decision.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by okoroemeka(m): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
mastermaestro:

Is this a joke or what? How about Tinubu remaining in Iragbiji to hustle? How about Messi remaining in Argentina to play football? How about Ronaldo staying back in Portugal? How about Adeboye staying put in Ifewara? How about Dangote moving all his businesses to Kano? Should I go on or you have gotten the message? cheesy

Maybe you need to study the relationship between opportunities and location. Wetin dey village? Better pack your bags and move where your chances are brightest.
you can say about your village,don't generalize,villages are not mates,go to anambra state,imo state,abia state,you will villages that generate more gdp than a whole local government in the north or west,you must never use the template of a village elsewhere to judge other places you have not been to,we have a poultry farm in a village in imo state and you will see young men living in the village in nice house,doing legit businessess and driving good cars,even our next door community in anambra state has 4 banks,I have been to many villages in North and west and you cannot compare it to a similar village in the southeast,we have a lesson learnt after the civil war that is why we always invest in our villages first,their is no igboman or woman that does not habour a burning ambition to build a house is his village or buy land,that is is what a Ghanaian musician said oga travel and see.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Austriaopen(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2023
Honestfrend:

Am a video editor...
🫣
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Austriaopen(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
AmadeGTG:
I need a video editor. Salary 120k. See my threads for details

What kind of video edition job?
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
CJStarz:
I guess you're from Port Harcourt city? Come my village nah.

U from obio akpor...
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by frozen70(f): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?

If you move to overseas and later decided to relocate back to Nigeria

Are you progressing or are you retrogressing
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Clinghton: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
It depends on the reason and if it wasn't planned.
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by mummymum: 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Because the village is where the poorest of the poor live.

This I have seen.
You are lying, so you call someone leaving in one room face me I face you compound with many other tenant using sometimes a very dirty toilet, and at the same time raising his children in that same environs rich man? Some of them are not even leaving in a good house because they can't afford it rather they choose bacha especially ph people. Can you even compare yourself to someone that lives in his village before you know has built his own apartment and have other investment to those I mentioned above. Because you squat in the city doesn't make one a rich man. And to correct your impression village people are not poor rather they are achievers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kizyte:
Do you know what it means to be close to your village people? Village people can't accept you if you have not failed!

Very funny but the truth.....once you are not part of that their gang , staying in the village will be very boring to you except if one starts drinking at every bar and goes home drunk....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kizyte(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Very funny but the truth.....once you are not part of that their gang , staying in the village will be very boring to you except if one starts drinking at every bar and goes home drunk....
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by CJStarz: 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
Nah, though I've lived in PH in d past....Fimie,Abuloma.
I be Anambra ✌️

Sunisonflex39:

U from obio akpor...
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Waffarianman(m): 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exmilitant:
Urhobo migwo....

Vredo oniovo mavor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.