Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child (27883 Views)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by SyndyB(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ah!
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
Mind your own business before his wife abuses you
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Etosha: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
Give food to a broiler chicken anytime she demand for it and give something to a child whenever he wants it, and you will have good broiler chicken and a spoilt child.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.

In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.

So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

This time he refused to go to bed.

I later found out that's how he does. I wonder if he ever sleeps at night.

The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.

This one just comes to the living room anytime he likes and puts on the TV.

Is this how kids of nowadays behave?

The headline would've been "MY UNCLE'S SON ADDICTION TO TV".

Take note next time because a headline summarizes the story.

Cheers!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by naniawini(f): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:
This your title is fear-inducing, as if the child is in some kinda danger.

As for the child's TV-watching, it's up to his parents to parent him. If they want to spoil him and let him do what he wants at 5-years old, that's their prerogative. They're the ones who will suffer the consequences lateron when they can no longer control him.
not only his parents that will suffer. The society too

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by obinna58(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
So what’s wrong with a kid watching cartoons 1 or 5am?
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by ruggedtimi(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.

In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.

So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.

I did it...wen I was 10. Apparently we had no cable tv wen I was 5
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by BoldBrainz(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
OP, have you ever heard of the concept of "genetic insomnia"?

It is an inherited case of sleeplessness. I was born with it. Try as much as I could, it's a trait I was never able to get rid of to this day. I practically function optimally with just 1hour of sleep out of 24hours. It used to be quite better when I was a child. I could sleep for about 4hours before the sleep fades and I have to toss in bed until the day breaks. When I got of age and could afford the bills, I sought medical help. There was literally nothing that was prescribed that worked. Overtime, I simply gave up on trying to cure something that was clearly not an ailment. Now, if I have to sleep for more than an hour, I have to resort to eating a bit of weed and that helps to give me about 3 or 4hours of sleep at the very most.

Now the very fact the parents of that child let him stay up with the television might not be a case of an addiction to the screen, but simply an inability for him to sleep. And those parents already recognise that. So don't paint a sordid or deformed picture of another's child. When your own born, if e no gree sleep, you fit use bicycle kick send am go bed.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by money121(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

That's a crime scene, a parenting failure. The child is likely insult them and be beating them already.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by correctguy101(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:
Only poor man fit come somebody house dey set rules.

True true...

You be DevilishMan grin grin

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by happney65: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
Noo, The parents are Woke parents.. Na their pickin dey control them.

If they tell him otherwise he go dey vex and be throwing stupid tanrums.

Cos if he vex too much he go die.. grin

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Karleb(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
They are on holiday, let him enjoy
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by correctguy101(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP, have you ever heard of the concept of "genetic insomnia"?

It is an inherited case of sleeplessness. I was born with it. Try as much as I could, it's a trait I was never able to get rid of to this day. I practically function optimally with just 1hour of sleep out of 24hours. It used to be quite better when I was a child. I could sleep for about 4hours before the sleep fades and I have to toss in bed until the day breaks. When I got of age and could afford the bills, I sought medical help. There was literally nothing that was prescribed that worked. Overtime, I simply gave up on trying to cure something that was clearly not an ailment. Now, if I have to sleep for more than an hour, I have to resort to eating a bit of weed and that helps to give me about 3 or 4hours of sleep at the very most.

Now the very fact the parents of that child let him stay up with the television might not be a case of an addiction to the screen, but simply an inability for him to sleep. And those parents already recognise that. So don't paint a sordid or deformed picture of another's child. When your own born, if e no gree sleep, you fit use bicycle kick send am go bed.

I see...

Benefit of doubt, just in case.....

Makes sense.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Angrymode: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Whenever I hear the statement "children of nowadays" it usually pisses me off. The correct statement must always be "parents of nowadays". There is nothing worst than failed parenting!

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by latonione: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
But if they come to you in the near future for help due to the consequences of their child activities, should you help or ignore and/or you need help from them and their child activities were too much on them to help you. We are in a community, so, we must help each other before it's out of reach
Exodus15v11:

As for the child's TV-watching, it's up to his parents to parent him. If they want to spoil him and let him do what he wants at 5-years old, that's their prerogative. They're the ones who will suffer the consequences lateron when they can no longer control him.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by SeriouslySense(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Interesting, smiley smiley
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by SeriouslySense(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
smiley
Angrymode:
Whenever I hear the statement "children of nowadays" it usually pisses me off. The correct statement must always be "parents of nowadays". There is nothing worst than failed parenting!
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Thomthom(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:
Only poor man fit come somebody house dey set rules.
This guy u be werey
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LordReed(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

The parents are spoiling that boy. It is not healthy behavior for 4-5year old and encouraging it is bad parenting.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by CaptainFM1: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

You never see anything about this Generation Alpha. AI is even here to spoil and destroy them further.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Pootle: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:

so a child waking up so late to watch tv is not in danger undecided
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by stephenponti(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

That kid will be doomed if you don't takrle a drastic action on his parents to stop the habit. obviously they are overpamperring him.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Truth234(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:

Exodus 15vs11... who is like unto thee, o lord, who is like unto thee. Couldn't stop reading that particular verse for over two weeks now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by correctguy101(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
Khd95:
You dare not stay outside the house when it’s past 6, better go look for where you go sleep that night, that was how I was trained

And once my dad don watch news of 9 on air then with our box black and white tv, na make everyon disperse go their rooms go sleep, sometime my older siblings stay up later into the night to watch movies, but my dad always take me away from them that if my brothers no even pursue me go sleep be that oo

Parents of these days are too lazy and non chalants towards their children/ward

Like in this boy’s case, don’t the parents wake at night to check on it or take him to pee?

As for just leave the boy, the era of everyone discipline a child is over, if you try harder to correct him or stop him youat have issues with the parents and the boy may antagonize you

Our own B&W tv is like an unappreciated altar of some deity.

The only time I sneakily turn the controls was when nobody was in the living room and there was no light.
Maybe that's why up till now, I'm never a fan of TV.

Children these days can even drag remote with you.

The parents have work to do.

Someone mentioned something about insomnia and the parents being aware of the child suffering from such condition. Ah. I still don't support encouraging the behavior. It's like adding oil to fire by letting the child watch TV into the night.

Me thinks..
OP should speak with the parents.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by DECENTBWOY: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
And you guys say there is nothing like reincarnation De play... undecided undecided undecided
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by fineboynl(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
Cartoon is not that bad. It has a way of shaping, enlightened and educating kids.

Even me I still watch tv even 2am. Sometimes when o laugh hard neighbors will start prayings.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by GloriousGbola: 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
The average Nigerian is too mentally lazy to deploy the family settings on devices.

You can set parental restrictions on TV, phone, pc etal

But this is Nigeria where it is easier to wail about how big brother is spoiling children than to simply block or password it on the decoder.

Hopefully the op too will not be guilty of the same mental laziness in the future

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Pharaohny: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
If not failed parenting , then what else
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by adecz: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
You be busy body, crying louder
than the bereaved ❗️❗️❗️😡😡😡
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by enemyofprogress: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
Na weekend you go spend, na pikin you begin dey monitor. Op may God deliver you from monitoring spirit
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by lebron7(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
I think schools are on holidays this period so I don't see what the issue is.
Go to your house and mind your damn business, the boy isn't doing anything wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.