Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child (27850 Views)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
Failed parenting

What would you say if i told you that the parents are deliberately doing this?

See how this generation of parents do not train their children and the annoying thing is that they were trained o. But they refuse to pass on their trainings and skills.

And then they complain or want to complain when someone is trying to train their own children.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by zed7: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
Everything is about training. Kids are the easiest to mold into anything you want them to become.

Even as corupt as society is, you'll always have well brought up kids. You can't give what you don't have. An indisciplined adult cannot raise disciplined kids.

We will always have decent men and women side by side with hoodlums and oloshos. The difference is upbringing. Proverbs 22.6

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.

In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.

So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

This time he refused to go to bed.

I later found out that's how he does. I wonder if he ever sleeps at night.

The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.

This one just comes to the living room anytime he likes and puts on the TV.

Is this how kids of nowadays behave?

Let the young boy breathe

Agbaya ni e….
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Truth234:

Exodus 15vs11... who is like unto thee, o lord, who is like unto thee. Couldn't stop reading that particular verse for over two weeks now.
Awesome πŸ‘. God bless you.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
zed7:
Everything is about training. Kids are the easiest to mold into anything you want them to become.

Even as corupt as society is, you'll always have well brought up kids. You can't give what you don't have. An indisciplined adult cannot raise disciplined kids.

We will always have decent men and women side by side with hoodlums and oloshos. The difference is upbringing. Proverbs 22.6

It is even a disciplined adult who is creating these monsters.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by oliverwrites: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:
So I decided to spend the weekend at my uncle's place because it has been many years I went there.

In the midnight, around 1am, I heard the television was on and I thought he forget to put it off.

So I went to the living room only to see his son of about 4-5 years old watching cartoon. I was shocked and asked him to go and sleep, which he grudgingly agreed.

Now, early morning around 5am or so, same thing happened. I want to the living room and saw him there.

The parents are not even bothered, but I'm worried. When we were growing up, who are you to stay awake past 9pm watching TV? Not to talk about waking up at night. Even in the day time you better not be caught idling away on front of the TV when others are busy.

This must be some joke. I don't think any parent will be that mad. 4 to 5 years? Tell me you are joking.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
LikeAking:

Let the young boy breathe

Agbaya ni e….

See devil don dey complain. That little monster is going kill you.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by one4GOD(f): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

his parents are still kids too so they are mates in a banana republic
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

See devil don dey complain. That little monster is going kill you.

Na you go kill ya sef.

Focus on ya life.

With this attitude you won't go far in life..

Learn to mind ya biz..

That's dia family, dia rules.

Children like that make it bigger, than children like you, from over disciplined parents.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Truth234(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Awesome πŸ‘. God bless you.

Amen. Seems you know Gbenga Wemimo (GSW)
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by oliverwrites: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Etosha:
Give food to a broiler chicken anytime she demand for it and give something to a child whenever he wants it, and you will have good broiler chicken and a spoilt child.
Wow, this is one of the best and most sensible saying I have read this week and I read a lot.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

It is even a disciplined adult who is creating these monsters.

Oga all the home discipline is over rated.

If it's by home discipline no body will become poor, no graduate will become unemployed

Life get as e be..

In Nigeria it's by other things, the parents are smart.. They don't want to bother their child with Nigerian parents poverty rules.

They want to teach their kids real skills like: Been bold, fearless, been a go geta, hustler, trusting their instincts, never trusting people, learn to control their emotions, use their brains, creativity, guts and glory and many others.

Not those Local Nigerian parents mumu rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by ugotaya: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

In which century where you born dear? Kids of his age are entitled to watch cartoon s. They stayed glue to it and learn a lot even some schools show them cartoons to watch and that's just okay for his age. Time has changed a lot. Comparing your childhood to his means you are been left behind.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by BennyDGreat: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
Foodqueen:
With time he will soon find solace in other adult channels.

QED
You don talk finish. By 7-8, he's bound to bump into it if he continues in this pattern.
T

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by BennyDGreat: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

What would you say if i told you that the parents are deliberately doing this?

See how this generation of parents do not train their children and the annoying thing is that they were trained o. But they refuse to pass on their trainings and skills.

And then they complain or want to complain when someone is trying to train their own children.

It's possible to be trained but become unable to pass on the training because of: changing times, new kind of challenges all pointing to the relevance of the training received in current stand of things.

New parents must be trained on new parenting strategies. This would help them navigate appropriately amidst the constantly changing environment

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by lomprico(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

It's how the parents are raising them.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
LikeAking:

Na you go kill ya sef.

Focus on ya life.

With this attitude you won't go far in life..

Learn to mind ya biz..

That's dia family, dia rules.

Children like that make it bigger, than children like you, from over disciplined parents.

Devil, i am already far and ready to log out of this world.

But that little bugger is the one coming to rob you of your incomplete transport fare. The only reason why they make it is because God is trying to teach the world many lessons.

One of which is that it is not guaranteed that because you are well trained you must be successful, but however, it is almost guaranteed that an untrained person will be an agbero.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Adewale1603(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
This is new age, not like the olden age. Times are changing, you can't compare the way you were trained and brought up to still be the same way as now, we're more in a digital era, so modern kids are evolving too. The kids are smart and can quickly operate any kind of devices.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

Devil, i am already far and ready to log out of this world.

But that little bugger is the one coming to rob you of your incomplete transport fare. The only reason why they make it is because God is trying to teach the world many lessons.

One of which is that it is not guaranteed that because you are well trained you must be successful, but however, it is almost guaranteed that an untrained person will be an agbero.

Dey play..

Who is the persident of Nigeria?

Life does not end at home, many parents forget that.

They forget to train dia kids for the world.

All those house wisdom or home training na rubbish.

I know people who can't even wash dia bed sheets, wake up early, etc.

Achieving more in life than the others, it's all about the surviving the real world, not ya house.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
BennyDGreat:

It's possible to be trained but become unable to pass on the training because of: changing times, new kind of challenges all pointing to the relevance of the training received in current stand of things.

New parents must be trained on new parenting strategies. This would help them navigate appropriately amidst the constantly changing environment

I have checked why they refuse to pass on the training.

It is simply because they do not want their children to be better than them. Exactly how they became better than their own parents.

They are trying to prevent God's Law (karma) from biting them

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Adewale1603(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tinububalls:
How does he pay attention in class?
One of the reasons children do go to bed early, is to have a clear mind in class the next day.
That child will turn out to be an olodo.
a 4-5yrs old already know how to switch on the tv and decoder and operate the remote controller to his desired channels. I think that child will be very smart and intelligent, and someone who is smart to that will apply same intelligent to his studies aswell. He can't be an olodo. Going to bed lately will only results into sleep deprivation or fatigue
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by vdestro: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
LikeAking:

Dey play..

Who is the persident of Nigeria?

Life does not end at home, many parents forget that.

They forget to train dia kids for the world.

All those house wisdom or home training na rubbish.

I know people who can't even wash dia bed sheets, wake up early, etc.

Achieving more in life than the others, it's all about the surviving the real world, not ya house.

Your failure already proves me Right. You are just trying to encourage yourself with hopes of success, so that you do not drink sniper.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by VinnyBaba: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
obinna58:
So what’s wrong with a kid watching cartoons 1 or 5am?

EVERYTHING! sad

A Child is supposed to get up early, brush his/her teeth,
Say prayers if necessary, Bath, and start thinking of getting ready for School.

Not rushing to put on TV @5am.πŸ˜•

Plz, when you grow up, Train ur Kids Properly, OK? 😏

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by iampeterben(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sit the parents down and school them. They are loosing their son so they don't know. From Cartoon baba will upgrade to BBNaija. They better watch it now its only cartoon before another thing enter.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by Gloriagee(f): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
Can he speak? Is he autistic? Just asking to know if that's how his parents cope with his sleep apathy?
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

Your failure already proves me Right. You are just trying to encourage yourself with hopes of success, so that you do not drink sniper.

Continue joking..

I am not an emotional man, but a very practical man.

I always look for the reward, bf I do anything..

Imagine Nigeria is the poverty capital, despite the high end discipline and flogging by Nigerian parents on their children..

Don't you think, something is wrong?

Pls don't blame the government..

Tell me what is wrong...

As for failure, real men like me are not scare of it, we learn from it, it's our teacher, part of our history..

It's also our lunch pad.

Failure is not our destinstion, it's part of the journey..
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by MightySparrow: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

The same for my boy, though older now in senior secondary school. He developed that attitude since primary school days. Because of the nature of my work, I am not always around them (You Month-end husbands).

Immediately I noticed that, I demobilized all televisions at home. I mean no connection to electricity and will remain like that until after his SSCE which by the grace of God is two years away.

There must be discipline for a future.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by VinnyBaba: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
LikeAking:

Oga all the home discipline is over rated.

If it's by home discipline no body will become poor, no graduate will become unemployed

Life get as e be..

In Nigeria it's by other things, the parents are smart.. They don't want to bother their child with Nigerian parents poverty rules.

They want to teach their kids real skills like: Been bold, fearless, been a go geta, hustler, trusting their instincts, never trusting people, learn to control their emotions, use their brains, creativity, guts and glory and many others.

Not those Local Nigerian parents mumu rules.

It is ur Type that will breed RASCALS into this Country. sad

Too much Liberty is a DANGER to Adults, let alone children.πŸ™

You better Get Sense and Train ur Kids well, When you have them.πŸ˜•

Diz Tinubu/APC fans ehn. πŸ˜πŸ˜’
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by VinnyBaba: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
MightySparrow:

The same for my boy, though older now in senior secondary school. He developed that attitude since primary school days. Because of the nature of my work, I am not always around them (You Month-end husbands).

Immediately I noticed that, I demobilized all televisions at home. I mean no connection to electricity and will remain like that until after his SSCE which by the grace of God is two years away.

The must be discipline for a future.

Bravo. πŸ‘πŸ‘.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by lonelydora: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Your uncle is in the verge of losing that child. He is sparing the rod and spoiling the child.
Re: What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child by LikeAking: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

It is ur Type that will breed RASCALS into this Country. sad

Too much Liberty is a DANGER to Adults, let alone children.πŸ™

You better Get Sense and Train ur Kids well, When you have them.πŸ˜•

Diz Tinubu/APC fans ehn. πŸ˜πŸ˜’

In reality is the opposite..

Most of those rascals actually come from very disciplined backgrounds, sometimes their environment will manipulate them.

In summary the discipline template used by Nigerian parents is faulty..

Despite all the discipline of Nigerian pareny, Nigeria is still the head quarters of poverty.

Any discpline that can't bring money is rubbish..

Big rubbish!

Any idiot can flog or from disciplinarian..

They kids they are flogging and disciplining, do they even know the talents and Potentials of the child?

The answer is no..

Nigerian discipline is rubbish..

I will discipline my kids the right way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Loses Marriage For Accusing Wife Of Making Love With Son / Couple Expecting Twins Welcome Triplets After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.