Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping (26296 Views)

Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? / Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by MrJames007: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
I'm planning to buy a bicycle. Make motor rest abeg.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tinubu is receiving 3million and his salary has been increased by 8m naira by the RMAFC.Excluding jumbo allowances and corrupt money that runs into trillions.The nass members are receiving 2million naira each as salary and 23million as allowances.They are telling the unemployed youth and 30k minimum earners to make sacrifices over their bad policy.Their advices are senseless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by otunbakolawole(m): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
The optics is bad. Highly insensitive to Nigerians
benjackugo:
Akpabio Laughing As Nigerian Senate passes motion to 'Let The Poor Breathe'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMROKtbhLE
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
kenchop:
I BELIEVE ONE CAN STILL MAKE A DECENT LIVING OF IT DESPITE THE FUEL HIKE. IM AWARE BOLT /UBER HAVE ALSO INCREASED PRICES FOR RIDES.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE (NIGERIANS) ARE TOO GREEDY , ALWAYS WANTING A 200% GAIN IN EVERYTHING WE DO.

IMAGINE BOOKING A RIDE AND THE DRIVER WILL TELL YOU HE WANTS TO CANCEL THE RIDE SO HE CAN GO OFFLINE ON THE TRIP. HOW WILL THE BUSINESS SURVIVE. IMAGINE U ARE THR OWNER OF THE BUSINESS AND U ARE BEEN RIPPED OFF THAT WAY.

YOU WONT HEAR THE DRIVERS SAY THIS, BUT THEY ONLY COME HERE AND COMPLAIN.

THERE IS SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH NIGERIANS.
the drivers who owns the car and maintein them are the monkey while the driving app owners are the baboon by charging high commission.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
kenchop:
YOU SEE WHY YOU CANNOT SUCCEED, YOU CANNOT EVEN HOLD A CONVERSATION WITHOUT RUDENESS. THAT'S EVIDENCE OF YOU BEING BRAINLESS. IF YOU CANT COPE YOU QUIT NO ONE FORCED YOU. STOP SPOILING BUSINESS FOR THE COMPANY, THEY TOO ARE IN BUSINESS FOR PROFIT. EVEN IF THEY GIVE YOUR RATES t 1% YOU WILL STILL COMPLAIN AND WANT TO RIP THEM OFF.

I KNOW YOU ARE NOT AWARE THEY PAY HUGE TAXES TO THE GOVERNMENT.

TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS TO YOUR GOVERNMENT AND NOT TO BUSINESS OWNERS. IF YOU HAD ANY BRAIN IN YOUR SKULL YOU WUD HV DEVELOPED YOUR OWN HAILING APP BY NOW, INSTEAD YOU SMOKED, DRANK & WOMANISED YOUR LIFE AWAY IN THE NAME OF BIG BOY.
MONKEY.

why are you crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by SALIMAN(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
Some still in it I know them, but run with thier offline client and profitable request
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by AskNgige2: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Opportuneke:
It’s not easy for those guys Meehhhnnnn

They’ve to go offline to cushion the situation 💁🏽‍♂️

Omo na self de confused..

Naso I park car, next week hunger pursue me come out..

U buy fuel 10k and make 11k..

So 1k na effort since morning

2 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Zico777(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Anyway my advice to business minded Nigerians is that there is going to be a gas revolution very soon. If you are wise get prepared to make money. How many of you watched the program on NTA yesterday morning which ended around 9 a.m.

A very interesting and informative program. CONVERSION OF VEHICLES TO AUTOGAS (Part2). There is going to be a part 3 and more for further enlightenment.

Dr. Ibrahim Muhammad, the chairman National Gas Expansion Program, an invited guest along with other guest
dished out so many information, even on how if tendency which may arise from supply of gas not being able to meet the rising demands which may result to increase in price. He did talked about measures that will make gas constantly available.

Let me give everyone of us an insight. Try to start watching NTA if you want to know where this government is heading to.

There will be a GAS REVOLUTION very soon which will be very, very, very beneficial to all.

Moreover the caburators are dual, can use both petrol and gas, gas and disel. So that you can alternate their use to fit your what may be advantageous to you at any given instance.

Mr Revolution! Does the conversion u are hammering on come free?
For your information the average cost of conversion is 500k!

3 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by broadman20: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
benjackugo:
Akpabio Laughing As Nigerian Senate passes motion to 'Let The Poor Breathe'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMROKtbhLE

Very irresponsible leaders, playing with what should really worry them.

Most African leaders are BLOCK HEAD sincerely speaking.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Judolisco(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
kenchop:
PADDY ONE OF MY CARS IS REGISTERED WITH BOLT AND UBER. I DO THE BUSINESS MYSELF AT THE CLOSE OF WORK OR WHEN IM FREE, I ONLY STOPPED IT WHEN THE RISK TO LIFE SPIKED , ESPECIALLY COROLLA OWNERS. I KNOW WHAT THOSE DRIVERS DO. MANY HAVE TURNED IT INTO A MEANS TO HAVE SEX WITH MULTIPLE WOMEN. CARRYING WOMEN FOR FREE JUST TO BED THEM. THEN THEY WILL COME HERE TO BAD MOUTH THE BUSINESS OWNERS.
I WAS ONE OF THE EARLY GUYS TO REGISTER WITH CHILEE AND UCHE ON ABACHA ROAD PORTHACOURT BACK THEN. SO I KNOW WHAT IM SAYING WHEN I TALK.

u said u only drive after work so u don't do it full time... So u can't understand... As for d sex aspect dats not even what we are talking about... We talking about high price of fuel u r talking about sex

6 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Lookingback: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
kenchop:
I BELIEVE ONE CAN STILL MAKE A DECENT LIVING OF IT DESPITE THE FUEL HIKE. IM AWARE BOLT /UBER HAVE ALSO INCREASED PRICES FOR RIDES.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE (NIGERIANS) ARE TOO GREEDY , ALWAYS WANTING A 200% GAIN IN EVERYTHING WE DO.

IMAGINE BOOKING A RIDE AND THE DRIVER WILL TELL YOU HE WANTS TO CANCEL THE RIDE SO HE CAN GO OFFLINE ON THE TRIP. HOW WILL THE BUSINESS SURVIVE. IMAGINE U ARE THR OWNER OF THE BUSINESS AND U ARE BEEN RIPPED OFF THAT WAY.

Exactly what happened today, I ordered bolt and the trip was for 2100, the next thing the driver said it's 2500, and I asked him what's on the app he said they don't charge with the app, so i asked him why are you on the platform. I quickly told him to forget about the trip.
Most of them come online get the passenger then want to negotiate fare offline. Using someone 's app to earn a living and sidling the Business owner.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Guest911: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
AskNgige2:

Omo na self de confused..

Naso I park car, next week hunger pursue me come out..

U buy fuel 10k and make 11k..

So 1k na effort since morning
What if you turn off the AC?
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Ghost1994: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hamachi:
COPIED

I can't believe I wrote this long ago but my success advice to people out there is that never give up and have a plan B.

Ciao

3 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lookingback:

Exactly what happened today, I ordered bolt and the trip was for 2100, the next thing the driver said it's 2500, and I asked him what's on the app he said they don't charge with the app, so i asked him why are you on the platform. I quickly told him to forget about the trip.
Most of them come online get the passenger then want to negotiate fare offline. Using someone 's app to earn a living and sidling the Business owner.

The trip was supposed to be 2,100 right... If you check well, the trip is not less than 15km. The driver must have driven 5km to pick up... Making an estimated total of 20km...

Average car uses 1ltr every 7 kilometers meaning your journey will consume average 3ltrs...

Fuel at 620x3=1,860 apprx (1,900)

Bolt will deduct 500 from the 2,100 leaving him with 1,600... Meaning he would be using some of his money to transport you to where you are going ...

If he ask for offline and 2,500 means he wants to sideline e-hailing platform to break even...

E-hailing platform knows but turn a blind eye to pilots plight... So pilots have learnt to pay back in similar coin... It becomes a do me, I do you thing ..

This is for those still managing to run the biz, most have abandoned e-hailing...

As for you, if you can't afford the comfort u seek, just adjust to Keke or molue... Stop the forming...

Don't be on the side of the e-hailing cos it suites or pays you to exploit the pilots not minding if he his able to fuel or break even...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Zico777:

Mr Revolution! Does the conversion u are hammering on come free?
For your information the average cost of conversion is 500k!

If only you watched the program you would have understood better. Anybody who does a conversion for you at the price succeeded in milking you. The average is between 150k to 250k. Very simple straight forward technology. I wish you watched the program. There will be a part three.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Tonytonex(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
Legitgames85:
so many of them
why
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Zico777(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

If only you watched the program you would have understood better. Anybody who does a conversion for you at the price succeeded in milking you. The average is between 150k to 250k. Very simple straight forward technology. I wish you watched the program. There will be a part three.
Oh ok sir!
One should be able to watch that very episode on YouTube.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Zico777:

Oh ok sir!
One should be able to watch that very episode on YouTube.

Please do and the first part too. Very informative. Thank you. As well, refilling too was broken down by Dr. Ibrahim Muhammad who made it clear how so easy it is/will be to get your car refilled. Lastly it is if you choose to use LNG to power your vehicle that is when you will need some extra cash because it requires additional facilities such as gasket but last longer than CNG.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by NAC1666: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Miamii1:
Lots of them are leaving the business
Am a bolt driver. We are only working for the filling station. No word to describe how we survive

5 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Frankie6835: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
I'm a bolt driver in Rivers state, this days before you make 10k after fueling is like trying to swallow a shovel. I haven't use my ac for long now.

5 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Lookingback: 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
Oyerinde16:

The trip was supposed to be 2,100 right... If you check well, the trip is not less than 15km. The driver must have driven 5km to pick up... Making an estimated total of 20km...

Average car uses 1ltr every 7 kilometers meaning your journey will consume average 3ltrs...

Fuel at 620x3=1,860 apprx (1,900)

Bolt will deduct 500 from the 2,100 leaving him with 1,600... Meaning he would be using some of his money to transport you to where you are going ...

If he ask for offline and 2,500 means he wants to sideline e-hailing platform to break even...

E-hailing platform knows but turn a blind eye to pilots plight... So pilots have learnt to pay back in similar coin... It becomes a do me, I do you thing ..

This is for those still managing to run the biz, most have abandoned e-hailing...

As for you, if you can't afford the comfort u seek, just adjust to Keke or molue... Stop the forming...

Don't be on the side of the e-hailing cos it suites or pays you to exploit the pilots not minding if he his able to fuel or break even...

No one forced you to be a driver, create your own e hauling app. Stop reaping where you did not show . Ole

6 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by AskNgige2: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Guest911:

What if you turn off the AC?

Who de even on AC, nobody talks about AC again na.. and Abuja is not that hot again
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Whois(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
The risk involved is too much. It's like everyone is against you. Iastma, police, agbero, mechanic, app company and even some riders shocked

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by babakb: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Where are the Anti-Japa crew that always tell people to invest in Nigeria grin grin grin

Listen to them at your own peril.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by blackgold2018(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
kenchop:

you are very stupid individual.

Do you you know how much commission, this people collect from drivers for each ride?

Fuel and car maintenance is still on them. Stupid unreasonable thing.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
MrJames007:
I'm planning to buy a bicycle. Make motor rest abeg.
bicycle 2 don cost
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by MrJames007: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
Dyfynezz12:
bicycle 2 don cost
Dunno how much it used to cost before now o, but the one I've booked down is 90.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
MrJames007:
Dunno how much it used to cost before now o, but the one I've booked down is 90.
yea it was 50k be4 bt is now 90-120k now

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by vislabraye(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
hspda:
Finding it hard to book a ride self. No much drivers despite the long waiting time.

Bolt should do upward review the fares so we can get enough of them on the roads

If they do upward review, how many people will be able to pay ?
A far that used to be N1,000 can now be N3k. WHo will pay ?
This increment will affect the middle class and the poor. I doubt if there's any middle class again.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by vislabraye(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I even stopped using the bolt platform. The astronomical rise in fares is not something my resources can accommodate.

And most of the riders who have been using vehicles belonging to other people, have since returned said vehicles and sought other means of livelihood.

I had numbers of two very cool bolt drivers. Last time I called them, niggas have returned their vehicles to the respective owners. The other one is even running a POS business now.

It's sad. DOing business in Nigeria is difficult. I have to congratulate the business men and women in this country.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lookingback:

No one forced you to be a driver, create your own e hauling app. Stop reaping where you did not show . Ole

Ode ma leleyi o...

Dem papa buy car for me... This is a partnership...

U provide a platform, I provide car, expertise, logistics, etc.. if they are making money, I should not be making a loss ...

Thier I don't care attitude had made pilots snub them as well...

7 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
iampeterben:
Hear to listen to their plight this season.
will like a collaboration with u. Can I chat u on watsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Motor Accident A Day To His Wedding In Kano (Photos) / Ogun State Development. / Dorcas Shola Fapson Arrests Taxify Driver, Henry Chukwuemeka, To Meet In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.