Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping (26327 Views)

Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? / Uber, Bolt drivers threaten To Go On Indefinite Strike From Monday / FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Yankee101: 3:29am On Jul 28, 2023
A government that has turned its middle class into poor people in just two administrations

I pity those still voting APC .
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2023
hspda:
Finding it hard to book a ride self. No much drivers despite the long waiting time.

Bolt should do upward review the fares so we can get enough of them on the roads
You are obviously a bolt or Uber driver.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Judolisco(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Untube:

And the werey bolt will even tell you to drive 25mins empty to go and pick up a ride of 1,500.
na Abuja u dey? Any trip wey pass 5 mins I dey cancel asap
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2023
kenchop:
I BELIEVE ONE CAN STILL MAKE A DECENT LIVING OF IT DESPITE THE FUEL HIKE. IM AWARE BOLT /UBER HAVE ALSO INCREASED PRICES FOR RIDES.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE (NIGERIANS) ARE TOO GREEDY , ALWAYS WANTING A 200% GAIN IN EVERYTHING WE DO.

IMAGINE BOOKING A RIDE AND THE DRIVER WILL TELL YOU HE WANTS TO CANCEL THE RIDE SO HE CAN GO OFFLINE ON THE TRIP. HOW WILL THE BUSINESS SURVIVE. IMAGINE U ARE THR OWNER OF THE BUSINESS AND U ARE BEEN RIPPED OFF THAT WAY.

YOU WONT HEAR THE DRIVERS SAY THIS, BUT THEY ONLY COME HERE AND COMPLAIN.

THERE IS SOMETHING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG WITH NIGERIANS.
Oga. God in heave in his infinite mercies will bless you.
This knowledge that God has bestowed upon you shall take you places!

Before the whole fuel wahalla, I used to pay like 1600 to 1800 to work anytime my car isn't available. Now it's between 3200 to 4000. And they'll tell you to go offline after they must have used the platform to get a passenger.

The thing is, they're mostly greedy fellows who want to start comparing earnings with Bankers.

I use to tell them that very soon, they will kill these platforms and all of them will start using their cars to do "along".

They're it just greedy, they're wicked!

3 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Judolisco(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Boo3nity:
Bolt placed a unreasonable 1 year ban on my account for whatever reason they had.
My driver claimed he's innocent of whatever it was they blamed him for n REFUSED to share.
I actually bought n stored over 400 litres of fuel (#185/litre) for this e hailing cause.
Now car's parked. Driver has moved on to other hustle.
Patiently waiting (with all the insults I've been saving) for the day those Bolt clowns will try n reach out to me to come back n continue my slavery with them.
go to their office... Dem go unblock am
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2023
Oyerinde16:

The trip was supposed to be 2,100 right... If you check well, the trip is not less than 15km. The driver must have driven 5km to pick up... Making an estimated total of 20km...

Average car uses 1ltr every 7 kilometers meaning your journey will consume average 3ltrs...

Fuel at 620x3=1,860 apprx (1,900)

Bolt will deduct 500 from the 2,100 leaving him with 1,600... Meaning he would be using some of his money to transport you to where you are going ...

If he ask for offline and 2,500 means he wants to sideline e-hailing platform to break even...

E-hailing platform knows but turn a blind eye to pilots plight... So pilots have learnt to pay back in similar coin... It becomes a do me, I do you thing ..

This is for those still managing to run the biz, most have abandoned e-hailing...

As for you, if you can't afford the comfort u seek, just adjust to Keke or molue... Stop the forming...

Don't be on the side of the e-hailing cos it suites or pays you to exploit the pilots not minding if he his able to fuel or break even...
If you pilots canot stick to the terms of the e-hailing company, then QUIT!

Stop all thee needless mathematics ontop someone's business.

If the 25% commission isn't okay for you guys, please quit and join painted taxis in doing "along"

The business isn't owned by Nigerians, when they convert their profits to dollars, you think it will make any sense to them?

Inside all these mathematics, pilots have been unable to develop their own app and run it at 5% commission.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Omoapena(m): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
Oga. God in heave in his infinite mercies will bless you.
This knowledge that God has bestowed upon you shall take you places!

Before the whole fuel wahalla, I used to pay like 1600 to 1800 to work anytime my car isn't available. Now it's between 3200 to 4000. And they'll tell you to go offline after they must have used the platform to get a passenger.

The thing is, they're mostly greedy fellows who want to start comparing earnings with Bankers.

I use to tell them that very soon, they will kill these platforms and all of them will start using their cars to do "along".

They're it just greedy, they're wicked!

Goto your ride history and check for the rides you took before may and look for the ones you took recently, both has to be from same pick up to same destination and upload it here as a proof of what you claimed..

Una go just come here dey lie unnecessarily..

You said a trip between 1600 to 1800 before has turned to 3200 to 4000. If this your claim is actually fact, do you think we will be complaining cox that’s twice of the former pricing.

Before, I used to get trip from ladipo mushin to VGC with estimates of 7500 to 9500 and I’m still getting same estimates after the fuel hike, if we are to go by what you claimed the apps is charging now, it’s supposed to be 14k to 18k, even from iju ishaga to VGC, the estimate won’t reach 14k and you can imagine the km and hours you will use to cover that distance…

Everyone can’t be complaining if the work is still paying little but it’s so worst now.

Bought 10k fuel which is just 17litres and I made just 22k with it, now take the 10k fuel back to get another fuel, you will have 12k left now remove commission of 5500, you have 6500 as your net, now tell me, making 22k with 10k fuel and having to take home 6500 as your net does it worth the driving.

Out of that 6500, you have other expenses like car maintenance, feeding, data and others

3 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Omoapena(m): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:

If the 25% commission isn't okay for you guys, please quit and join painted taxis in doing "along"

The business isn't owned by Nigerians, when they convert their profits to dollars, you think it will make any sense to them?

Inside all these mathematics, pilots have been unable to develop their own app and run it at 5% commission.

Well, I don’t expect you to say otherwise…

It’s the situation of the country that is giving alot of drivers no choice but to stick to that nonsense apps…

Assuming one of your relative or close associates is doing it, maybe you will have something different to say
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2023
Omoapena:

Well, I don’t expect you to say otherwise…

It’s the situation of the country that is giving alot of drivers no choice but to stick to that nonsense apps…

Assuming one of your relative or close associates is doing it, maybe you will have something different to say
Sir, I work for someone too. And I have a business on the side.

Since the price of fuel, transport and other sundries skyrocketed, my organization refused to have an upward review of our renumeration.

Did you see me come to nairaland to lament?

Oga if you can't fave the heat, leave the goddamn kitchen!

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2023
Omoapena:

Goto your ride history and check for the rides you took before may and look for the ones you took recently, both has to be from same pick up to same destination and upload it here as a proof of what you claimed..

You said a trip between 1600 to 1800 before has turned to 3200 to 4000. If this your claim is actually fact, do you think we will be complaining cox that’s twice of the former pricing.

Before, I used to get trip from ladipo mushin to VGC with estimates of 7500 to 9500 and I’m still getting same estimates after the fuel hike, if we are to go by what you claimed the apps is charging now, it’s supposed to be 14k to 18k, even from iju ishaga to VGC, the estimate won’t reach 14k and you can imagine the km and hours you will use to cover that distance…

Everyone can’t be complaining if the work is still paying little but it’s so worst now.

Bought 10k fuel which is just 17litres and I made just 22k with it, now take the 10k fuel back to get another fuel, you will have 12k left now remove commission of 5500, you have 6500 as your net, now tell me, making 22k with 10k fuel and having to take home 6500 as your net does it worth the driving.

Out of that 6500, you have other expenses like car maintenance, feeding, data and others
Mr. ITK

See below for yourself...

This is even Uber. If I take screenshots from bolt... You'll hide your face in shame.

When this e-hailing business was very lucrative, I knew a lady that was making over 250k monthly driving just one route. Town to airport... She does like 4 to 5 trips everyday, then run round town a bit and close for the day.

That same period, my friend would be complaining as if his umblical cord was tied to Bolt.

I told him, chief this business no be your papa business. If e no work, leave am!

Today, the idiot is in the UK. Na the same money wey him save from bolt e carry travel out.

If the business no dey okay, ya'll should do "along" abeg.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Omoapena(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
Mr. ITK

This is even Uber. If I take screenshots from bolt... You'll hide your face in shame.

Show me 2 trips of same route with a different date that is recent cox sometimes surge might inflate the price…

Oga, everyone can’t be complaining if the prices are okay
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2023
Omoapena:

Show me 2 trips of same route with a different date that is recent cox sometimes surge might inflate the price…

Oga, everyone can’t be complaining if the prices are okay
I have a car, sir.

It's not everyday that I take a cab.

Wait, once it is 6.05pm today.. I will initiate a ride with my app to my house and do a screenshot.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by hspda: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
You are obviously a bolt or Uber driver.
Nope, I'm not.
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:

If pilot pulls out, the biz crashes... Most of us have started pulling out cos we can't take the cock n bull the e-hailing and low minded riders like you offer...

Those still in the biz are cutting corners, yet you are complaining asking them to work like donkeys, you don't care if they are able to break even or take anything home, all you care about is order rides at ridiculous fares, then asked for AC, if the pilot ask for offline or ask for tips, you will query him or her, telling the pilot if he can't survive, he should join along...

Why don't you join along if you can't afford what the car owner is charging, why hide under e-hailing ridiculous prices...

Just rest, I don't have ur time...
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
Mr. ITK

When this e-hailing business was very lucrative, I knew a lady that was making over 250k monthly driving just one route. Town to airport... She does like 4 to 5 trips everyday, then run round town a bit and close for the day.

That same period, my friend would be complaining as if his umblical cord was tied to Bolt.

I told him, chief this business no be your papa business. If e no work, leave am!

Today, the idiot is in the UK. Na the same money wey him save from bolt e carry travel out.

If the business no dey okay, ya'll should do "along" abeg.

This analysis can't fly...

Then
1,800 from point A to B fuel at 197/ltr 2k fuel then is 10.30ltrs...

Now
3,500 from Same point A to B at 620/ltrs 2k fuel is 3.2ltrs..

But since your arguments is fare has doubled, let's double the fuel amount n see too... 2k * 2 =4k. Fuel of 4k is 6.4ltrs

Can you see the diff...

My 2k fuel would have done 3 of that trip but my 4kfuel can only do two now... My profit is the last trip that has being wiped off... Meaning we are just working n buying fuel... Profit margins is wiped already...

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oyerinde16:

If pilot pulls out, the biz crashes... Most of us have started pulling out cos we can't take the cock n bull the e-hailing and low minded riders like you offer...

Those still in the biz are cutting corners, yet you are complaining asking them to work like donkeys, you don't care if they are able to break even or take anything home, all you care about is order rides at ridiculous fares, then asked for AC, if the pilot ask for offline or ask for tips, you will query him or her, telling the pilot if he can't survive, he should join along...

Why don't you join along if you can't afford what the car owner is charging, why hide under e-hailing ridiculous prices...

Just rest, I don't have ur time...
You don't know jack about economics man.

E-hailing can never crash because of greedy fellows like you.

There will always be someone to buy that car, and another person to drive it.

Those who understand the situation of the country and have repackaged their finances are still doing it.

I have a car and I also buy fuel. The cost of other commodities have also skyrocketed. I haven't resigned my job because my employer didn't increase my renumeration. Why would I even expect him to increase my salary? Are they not also victims of the poor economic situation in the country?

Keep wailing for them to reduce their percentage, bolt and Uber will always have new drivers and investors.

They can't reduce their percentage because the country's currency is nothing to write home about.

You'll wail and nothing would change, eventually swallow your vomit.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oyerinde16:

This analysis can't fly...

Then
1,800 from point A to B fuel at 197/ltr 2k fuel then is 10.30ltrs...

Now
3,500 from Same point A to B at 620/ltrs 2k fuel is 3.2ltrs..

But since your arguments is fare has doubled, let's double the fuel amount n see too... 2k * 2 =4k. Fuel of 4k is 6.4ltrs

Can you see the diff...

My 2k fuel would have done 3 of that trip but my 4kfuel can only do two now... My profit is the last trip that has being wiped off... Meaning we are just working n buying fuel... Profit margins is wiped already...
Nobody is saying that there isn't a drop in earnings of bolt/Uber drivers. Definitely there is.

But to say that you don't make a profit at all is a fat lie.
If you like calculate from today till tomorrow. Lord knows I don't even have time to even read all what you typed there.

The e-hailing companies simulate their driver's activities and would never make propositions or policies where drivers would be driving at a loss.

If you expect the company to cut their earnings, so that drivers can earn more, then you better start developing your own app for drivers at 5% commission.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Cheeryfeet: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hamachi:
COPIED
guy who wrote this thing is a LEGEND.
Some people are just good , chaii

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Lookingback: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oyerinde16:

Ode ma leleyi o...

Dem papa buy car for me... This is a partnership...

U provide a platform, I provide car, expertise, logistics, etc.. if they are making money, I should not be making a loss ...

Thier I don't care attitude had made pilots snub them as well...

Taxi driver go and join your fellow tout to hustle passenger then. No one forced you to subscribe to the platform.

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Easybet1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoapena:

I don't understand your complain oo, base on what you wrote, you make 6500 daily after all expenses and commission deducted which amount to 195k monthly just by driving.

Abeg you want make 3MIllion monthly or what ?

That's still fair in my own
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Omoapena(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Easybet1:
I don't understand your complain oo, base on what you wrote, you make 6500 daily after all expenses and commission deducted which amount to 195k monthly just by driving.

Abeg you want make 3MIllion monthly or what ?

That's still fair in my own

Lolz

So, driving for hours in Lagos traffic for a day, 6500 worth the stress couple with the amount car is being sold and maintainance of the car. And how much will you use to feed yourself and family everyday from that money..

Chai, for you to even see 6500 as money shows how shallow your mind is….
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Untube: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:

Those who understand the situation of the country and have repackaged their finances are still doing it.

I have a car and I also buy fuel. The cost of other commodities have also skyrocketed. I haven't resigned my job because my employer didn't increase my renumeration. Why would I even expect him to increase my salary? Are they not also victims of the poor economic situation in the country?

Keep wailing for them to reduce their percentage, bolt and Uber will always have new drivers and investors.

They can't reduce their percentage because the country's currency is nothing to write home about.

Arguing with you is just waste of time honestly.

The bolt/Uber business is bad now for pilots. Before the fuel increment, I will do bolt go my way, at times I will see short trip, like 2k,500 or long trip 4k plus and I will reserve the second slot for when I close from work. To n fro to my place of work, I see between 7,000 to 9,000.

I buy 570 per liter now, to n fro is at the range of 9k to 12k.

Before I buy 3k fuel everyday coz you will have to drive some km to pick or drop riders. Makes 5k to 6k or more profit everyday

Now I buy 10k fuel everyday and make maxi profit of 2k, below or nothing. I have to stop. Drive my car straight to work without rider coz it doesn't make sense again, and some riders are rude ehn
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
Untube:

Arguing with you is just waste of time honestly.

The bolt/Uber business is bad now for pilots. Before the fuel increment, I will do bolt go my way, at times I will see short trip, like 2k,500 or long trip 4k plus and I will reserve the second slot for when I close from work. To n fro to my place of work, I see between 7,000 to 9,000.

I buy 570 per liter now, to n fro is at the range of 9k to 12k.

Before I buy 3k fuel everyday coz you will have to drive some km to pick or drop riders. Makes 5k to 6k or more profit everyday

Now I buy 10k fuel everyday and make maxi profit of 2k, below or nothing. I have to stop. Drive my car straight to work without rider coz it doesn't make sense again, and some riders are rude ehn
So you'd rather drive empty to work and back home, than carry a passenger that's going your way and make even if it's the 2k5 (5k tro and fro).

Man. Did you read what you just typed?

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lookingback:

Taxi driver go and join your fellow tout to hustle passenger then. No one forced you to subscribe to the platform.

Bolt I used for side hustle... I left long ago...
U too go n buy ur car n stop looking for cheap rides...

Na ur type de search bolt Uber Ryder indrive quick ride feroon legend to see the cheapest ride before placing order...
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
Nobody is saying that there isn't a drop in earnings of bolt/Uber drivers. Definitely there is.

But to say that you don't make a profit at all is a fat lie.
If you like calculate from today till tomorrow. Lord knows I don't even have time to even read all what you typed there.

The e-hailing companies simulate their driver's activities and would never make propositions or policies where drivers would be driving at a loss.

If you expect the company to cut their earnings, so that drivers can earn more, then you better start developing your own app for drivers at 5% commission.

That's what we are doing with Quick ride...
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Oyerinde16(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:

Wail ké... Emi ti japa... Eyin ni ké ma balo...
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Untube: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
flexyrule:
So you'd rather drive empty to work and back home, than carry a passenger that's going your way and make even if it's the 2k5 (5k tro and fro).

Man. Did you read what you just typed?

What was difficult in what I wrote with broken English for you to comprehend?

I said maxi profit, to n fro is 2k, below or nothing at times. With delay from the rider, bad road to pick up and drop off locations , waste airtime to call and data to navigate, rider' bad behaviours et Al. Is it not better to get to my destination in 45mins than spent two hours without nothing to show for it?
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Untube:

What was difficult in what I wrote with broken English for you to comprehend?

I said maxi profit, to n fro is 2k, below or nothing at times. With delay from the rider, bad road to pick up and drop off locations , waste airtime to call and data to navigate, rider' bad behaviours et Al. Is it not better to get to my destination in 45mins than spent two hours without nothing to show for it?

Baba rest. There's still profit in bolt. Case closed!
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by flexyrule(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oyerinde16:

Wail ké... Emi ti japa... Eyin ni ké ma balo...
Emi ti japa...

And you're wailing more than the bereaved?
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by iampeterben(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
will like a collaboration with u. Can I chat u on watsapp
Sure you can chat me up
Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by Easybet1(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omoapena:

Lolz

So, driving for hours in Lagos traffic for a day, 6500 worth the stress couple with the amount car is being sold and maintainance of the car. And how much will you use to feed yourself and family everyday from that money..

Chai, for you to even see 6500 as money shows how shallow your mind is….
is it going to be fine sleeping at home with nothing than working to make 195k monthly ?

1 Like

Re: How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping by OLAPROSPER4(m): 3:43am On Jul 29, 2023
Boo3nity:
Bolt placed a unreasonable 1 year ban on my account for whatever reason they had.
My driver claimed he's innocent of whatever it was they blamed him for n REFUSED to share.
I actually bought n stored over 400 litres of fuel (#185/litre) for this e hailing cause.
Now car's parked. Driver has moved on to other hustle.
Patiently waiting (with all the insults I've been saving) for the day those Bolt clowns will try n reach out to me to come back n continue my slavery with them.

If you are in Lagos, I can drive your car on rental. You can contact me if indeed you want to exploit the opportunity to make extra Income instead of the vehicle idling. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Tumbles Into The Gutter At Ikeja-toll Gate (see PHOTOS) / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: See The Bad Road Motorists, Residents Go Through Daily / LRU Retrieved A Fallen Tanker From Apapa Road - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.