Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things (76739 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by ajoyeleke(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

There are some 12 hours jobs from 8p.m to 8a.m, that entails you to just be awake throughout the night while the teenager being looked after is in his/her room, on their phones or playing video games until he/she goes to bed while you are downstairs in the sitting room watching Netflix and sipping coffee or tea as they just want an adult who would be awake throughout the night, making sure the young person do not run away during the night as you would have the house keys on you after having locked doors that leads outside of the house, complete the expected paperwork of how of the shift is going and getting paid £12.70 per hour.

Omo I pray to see this kind offer oo

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Allisgud: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

Very possible.....you get home by 9a.m, have a shower and a meal, then go to bed and wake up around 5p.m and have another meal, lazy around the internet, then take a shower and leave for work at about 7.15p.m, get there at about 7.45p,m, chat with the day staff as they hand over to you and they also reserve a cooked meal for you in the microwave.....another wake night shift begins. cheesy cheesy cheesy
ok this are for those working in the restaurant?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by godwon01(m): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
That lists is generalized opinion and it is the facts.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by emmy512: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:

Assumption?? Insult?? Bros which one you mean na. Haba. Abi assumption na insult?
The fact you didn't see an issue with what you said.
I don't want to talk again
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by FxMasterz: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

There are some 12 hours jobs from 8p.m to 8a.m, that entails you to just be awake throughout the night while the teenager being looked after is in his/her room, on their phones or playing video games until he/she goes to bed while you are downstairs in the sitting room watching Netflix and sipping coffee or tea as they just want an adult who would be awake throughout the night, making sure the young person do not run away during the night as you would have the house keys on you after having locked doors that leads outside of the house, complete the expected paperwork of how of the shift is going and getting paid £12.70 per hour.
Please what type of job is this exactly? How do people land these jobs?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by LegitWebsites: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
nepapole:
No 4 is the most important gist on the list

You are quite right.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by AlphaWolf27: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
poseidon12:

I suspect you have not stepped out of Nigeria. If you have, it has probably been for leisure/vacation. It's not just UK but all the developed countries. For the first few years after moving there, you have to endure blue collar/odd jobs before you can fit in. This applies even to medical Doctors. While they prepare to get their licence (which could take years), they have to survive by doing all kinds of odd jobs. If you are too proud to do that, then you are in trouble.

Lol....I had my entire University education inclusive of Msc in the UK. Because you did it doesn't mean everyone has to. It's not about stepping out of Naija or not. It's a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by nedekid: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Purvan:
Wu UK epp ??

UK issa first world shithole

E better I go Ecuador than UK
Nna, if you get money, UK no be shithole.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by pirazo: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
No mind the guy.. He clearly does not know what he is saying after he will put the blame on Tinubu... On a lighter note, the writer couldn't have said it better...

AlphaWolf27:

Assumption?? Insult?? Bros which one you mean na. Haba. Abi assumption na insult?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by omoharry(f): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
zcee:
Na only uk Canada and even USA person fit go hustle make money then live comfortably..
Are there no other sure European countries that are even more better than the aforementioned countries?
Am just asking because the hyping of these countries is becoming too much..
Everybody UK
Wetin!!

You are required to learn and speak the language fluently before you can work and earn a living there
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by nomolos92: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
abba190:
our leaders export raw materials and bring finished product because those fckers across atlantin ocean will not allow us to develop, because if we develop, then its their nightmare, because they dont hv anything now they exhaust all their natural resourses they hv nothing. if we extract and process our resources they have no option than to buy from us. they will never allow that to happen

Is there anytime our leaders try to build refineries, good schools, good roads, stable electricity, sound health care system, adequate security, food cultivation, processing and storage, social security system and every other things a country need to be developed and they were stopped by the white folks?

Or you're just obsessed with senseless assumptions?

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by abba190: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
nomolos92:

Is there anytime our leaders try to build refineries, good schools, good roads, stable electricity, sound health care system, adequate security, food cultivation, processing and storage, social security system and every other things a country need to be developed and they were stopped by the white folks?

Or you're just obsessed with senseless assumptions?
u are not there thats why think our leaders doesnt wanna build all the thing u mentioned bro those guys are still ruling us indirectly its the west that kept africa the way its

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by planetx: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nigeria is one hundred times better than the UK, take it or leave it I could care less.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by vickydevoka(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
fortune1894:
Everything stated here is factual, sometimes I even get depressed
How?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

What you wrote is 98% of what I do at work but mine is for 14/15 hrs

Sometimes you get bored and sleep a bit when the doors are locked

grin

10 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by PDJT: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
pocohantas:
All this one no concern me.
I'll still come. Except they refuse me entry.

-You can cum anytime, babes xx.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by PDJT: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
post=124763096:
Is Here

-You're here doing what?

-Go and look for BadNews! There is no food for lazy man oo!

10 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by doggedfighter(f): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
pocohantas:
All this one no concern me.
I'll still come. Except they refuse me entry.

Strong head grin
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Praktikals:

Pls what is the name of this job? It looks like thats my calling lol. I hardly sleep at night

Waking night support worker in a residential children home.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by deji17: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:
Re: #4 - Because you are washing toilets in the UK does not mean others have to use that as a benchmark. There are different levels of persons going to the UK, the compiler of this article is obviously at the bottom of the chain.
He is referring to them as transition jobs. "Pending'
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by doggedfighter(f): 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
ogbonti:
wetin dey UK ? that useless overhyped country wey everyone dey run helter skelter to catch train and can barely rent a room space without a room mate so they can pay the bill ? na to say person dey abroad ? abeg clear road

I cant be payed enough to live in the UK - especially when you are coming to the UK from the USA

What do you mean by the bolded, please ?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by PDJT: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
folake4u:

Hahaha.

My friend said postpills are kinda expensive there and gets a cheap one of £15 for one tablet. cheesy

Na to dey tell person make e pack many come from Nigeria oh.

-Tell your friend to get and use condoms. They are free in colleges, universities and community health services.

-Hormone-inducing tablets have been found to have a positive association with malignant breast cancer.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
Brownshoe:
but why the kid will runaway?

They are children in care, that means children who have been taken away from their families by the government through the court, after it has been established that the environment where the child was, is not safe nor of the best interest of the child. When you hear say government collect pikin from parents, na such places dem put the pikin.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
what happen to the remaining two days of the week? Who will look after the child/ren for the remaining two days? Both day and night

For that one child, there are about 8 workers working in that home, doing their own 12hrs shifts except the house manager, who starts by 9a.m and goes home by 5p.m.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Yungmil: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Blitzking:

I hear say this black taxi expensive die. I no too fancy UK I for don dey there since march
How u for take do am? U get sure link please?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Allisgud:
ok this are for those working in the restaurant?

No, in a residential children home.

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by nomolos92: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
abba190:
u are not there thats why think our leaders doesnt wanna build all the thing u mentioned bro those guys are still ruling us indirectly its the west that kept africa the way its

You're just a joker like our leaders
Keep blaming the West while our leaders continue looting and creating unnecessary hardships

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by vickydevoka(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
poseidon12:

I believe that Germany and the Netherlands are actually better destinations than those 3 countries. Also the Scandinavian countries.
Person way never go Ghana de give advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
ajoyeleke:

Omo I pray to see this kind offer oo

You can wink

Are you in the UK?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

Please what type of job is this exactly? How do people land these jobs?

Residential children home support worker. Some companies train you from the scratch, while some company expect you to come with work experience and Level 3 certification in children residential care.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / Spain Schengen Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.