Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? (52777 Views)

Who Did I Offend? / I Had 6 C6 In My Waec And 1 B3 Did I Try And 2 D7 / How A UNILAG Lecturer Pestered A Married Woman For Sex - Wale Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Throwback: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Did she mention her name? Or her house address in Abuja?

I wonder ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Oju4190: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Go teach am now.
U self nor mouth nor good.....I wonder which kind sound u won teach dat child

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Lance008(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bro he small and the part u said about the trekking really weak me
This woman want to be paying you 660 naira daily not even up to take care of transport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Negroid001:

Leave them. When the pikin turn olodo finish, they'll call you back. Increase it to 70 or 80.

I'm telling you. Serious olodo. Like so many cases we are having in some of my schools where new intakes in basic 4 and 5 can not read because they don't have phonics background and their former schools don't have phonics in their curriculum. You'll see those nursery pupils that have the foundation reading very well what a basic 4 cannot read.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Clinghton: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
If you know your worth you shouldn't be in doubt
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Badguy77(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
You did well brother.. Always know your worth and those that know your value will appreciate it.. God bless
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
Why would a mother think her child needs to communicate with British accent undecided

Inferiority complex at its peak.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Dancebreaker: 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

.how does this relate to the post kwanu?

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
So person cannot use style toast in peace again.

You sef na another case. Na only 42 you dey talk of age like one agadi nwanyi in Orlu abi one iyagba in Modakeke. Na wa o.

Depending on financial muscle of parent though, but I feel your rate is moderate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A colleague of mine called me last week and Said a woman needs a sounds teacher to come and take the child on sounds this summer to enable the child read before school resumes and that she wants someone with British diction.
So, because I'm a diction instructor and have done that kind of job in the past ( like nine years ago) my friend recommended me.

Back then ( 2014) when I was into this home lesson full time, I was charging 25k per child and its three times a week and I pick the places I go to. No long distance thing.
Now with the current situation of the economy and considering my age, I charged this woman 50k three times a week and she said it's too much. Meanwhile, the school the child is attending was where I taught before I left and started doing home lesson and their school fees then ( 2014) was 95k for prep class. By now it should be around 150k. My friend already told me the school the child attends.

She said it's too much that she can only afford 20k. I just ignored them. They will pay 150k for school fees, nothing much to show for it but will want to give you peanut and expect you to perform magic under 1month.

If I handle the child, no doubt, she'll read and her accent will change but definitely not for that amount. I'll now be trekking that long distance cos no bike and somebody is telling me 50k is too much.

Did I do wrong by ignoring them cos they want me to come and start this August but I have zeroed my mind there.

Would you accept such amount for home lesson?
Ignore them petroleum is triple now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
mechanics:
If you won't enter a vehicle to go there, you can still bargain with her, even the rich are not finding it funny.
.I dont need to enter a vehicle to the place but I can't do it. It's too stressful when teaching a baby how to read because that's what phonics is all about. It will help the baby to read very fast but the task is not easy.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Negroid001(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm telling you. Serious olodo. Like so many cases we are having in some of my schools where new intakes in basic 4 and 5 can not read because they don't have phonics background and their former schools don't have phonics in their curriculum. You'll see those nursery pupils that have the foundation reading very well what a basic 4 cannot read.
People underrate the importance of a good tutor. Sip your coffee in peace. They'll call you back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
phemmyfour:
It makes no sense teaching a child diction for a month only go back to school where it will not be put to use. That'll be counter productive.

I've taught in the school before they use diction there, that's why the mum wants someone who can continue with diction but she no want to pay well. By the way, it's not only diction I'll be taking the child on. Reading and blending.
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by ajiboye12: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
Battlefield2:
It's not too much
Always know your worth and don't sell yourself cheap

Anyone capable should help me out with something to feed
Hunger is quite on a rise here

Wema bank

May God almighty bless you

Why nah!!
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
ajiboye12:

Why nah!!

Hunger my brother
Hunger
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by BabaIbo: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Throwback:

Exactly my view point.

He mentioned a whole school fee of N150k (maybe it is per term of 3months), then he wants to charge 50K per month for just a fraction of English subject?

If he mentioned that the school charges N300K or more, I would understand why he would want to charge N50k and expect the parent to pay such.

N50k/month is not much, but it is too much for a parent paying a whole school fee of N150k/term.

No mind op, he/she no dey ready to teach the girl.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by intruder15(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Lol... @block.

See, no matter how dull a child is, if I handle that child, the brain go correct. I have handled the worst slow learners that their parents were asking me how I did it. A particular boys mother asked her nanny how I do it that she should be watching me whenever I'm taking the boy so she can show them the method I use but the nanny said I should not tell them. She said they've tried different techniques and method, still the boy could not read or get his sums right until I was recommended to them by another parent whom I handled their son who had same issue. I just laughed.

I can handle any child as long as the pay is right. They'll end up getting cheap labor with no results. Waste of money.

Make I save this post. In case of future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Royruky(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A colleague of mine called me last week and Said a woman needs a sounds teacher to come and take the child on sounds this summer to enable the child read before school resumes and that she wants someone with British diction.
So, because I'm a diction instructor and have done that kind of job in the past ( like nine years ago) my friend recommended me.

Back then ( 2014) when I was into this home lesson full time, I was charging 25k per child and its three times a week and I pick the places I go to. No long distance thing.
Now with the current situation of the economy and considering my age, I charged this woman 50k three times a week and she said it's too much. Meanwhile, the school the child is attending was where I taught before I left and started doing home lesson and their school fees then ( 2014) was 95k for prep class. By now it should be around 150k. My friend already told me the school the child attends.

She said it's too much that she can only afford 20k. I just ignored them. They will pay 150k for school fees, nothing much to show for it but will want to give you peanut and expect you to perform magic under 1month.

If I handle the child, no doubt, she'll read and her accent will change but definitely not for that amount. I'll now be trekking that long distance cos no bike and somebody is telling me 50k is too much.

Did I do wrong by ignoring them cos they want me to come and start this August but I have zeroed my mind there.

Getting a good home lesson teacher is very difficult. I remembered looking for one for my children some years back but I could not find a suitable one. Kudos to you.

When

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Royruky:

Getting a good home lesson teacher is very difficult. I remembered looking for one for my children some years back but I could not find a suitable one. Kudos to you.

When

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by AfonjaPriest: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Weaving:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
FaithS.H
First Bank

Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
Faith is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Faith, go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by toprealman: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

So if a client pays 25k for school fees, how much will you charge them?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Offpoint1: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm here wondering why a black man is paying another blackman to teach their children how to speak like their slave masters.

These white folks really did great number on the mind of Africans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by tommy589(m): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Is it just kids or you teach adults too
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by AfonjaPriest: 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ogbeni, I will not accept it for even N50k except I am broke. Some parents pay huge amount as school fees but pay home tutors less. If you make yourself cheap that's the way they will treat you. The most important thing is to render to them a good service that they'll not regret hiring you. So whatever it is they say, don't back down. Stay firm in your demand. And if they eventually hire you, do a good job, they'll want to recommend you to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Successguide23: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I write SOP for admission and visa, reach out to me via WhatsApp or call 08169565209
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by abba190: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
op u are thief for charging 50k just to teach a child how to produce sound

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by tctrills: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

What's the purpose of this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Ruth1994(f): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Battlefield2:
It's not too much

Wema bank

Check your account dear

1 Like

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by OgaRico(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
No one should tell you that Slavery is going anywhere soon please.

The child is to be taught sound British accent but same child might hardly speak or understand anything in his or her mother tongue.

How many whites do you think teaches our languages or accent in any of their schools?

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by PaulH07: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Lol... @block.

See, no matter how dull a child is, if I handle that child, the brain go correct. I have handled the worst slow learners that their parents were asking me how I did it. A particular boys mother asked her nanny how I do it that she should be watching me whenever I'm taking the boy so she can show them the method I use but the nanny said I should not tell them. She said they've tried different techniques and method, still the boy could not read or get his sums right until I was recommended to them by another parent whom I handled their son who had same issue. I just laughed.

I can handle any child as long as the pay is right. They'll end up getting cheap labor with no results. Waste of money.

Do you tutor for IELTS?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Myer(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You know your onions and your worth. And that's great.
However here's my 2 cents for you to reconsider;

1. Are you very engaged at the moment, I mean do you have a better offer that's paying you more than that presently?
2. Does the 20k per week cover your transport, feeding and necessary bills (basic needs)?
3. Have you considered this client could be a means to an end? A contact that will end up advertising you to other parents when they see the result of your tutorial/work on her child?
4. The whole situation of the economy touch everyone-both rich and poor and especially parents. They have already paid 150k for school fees, another 150k for tutorial for one subject would actually be quite burdensome.

That said, all the best with your decision.
And I think you should consider focusing more on this diction tutorials. It's a highly-valuable skill.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by narite: 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I don’t have kids but I have neighbors who have got those little pumpkins.

I am fantasizing on the thought of enrolling their kids into your private lessons all just so i could see your dazzling face everyday, for the rest of my mortal life. What do you feel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by oneclickng: 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Battlefield2:
It's not too much

Wema bank

Call BAT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Does This Teacher Represent During Your Secondary Sch Days? / Innoson Redeems Car-Pledge To Chigozie, IMSU's Best Graduating Student / Almajiri Schools Built By Jonathan Government Decaying Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.