Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara (33769 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by ElSudani: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

So your argument is that since all of Africa except north Africa was black, therefore of the map didn't call all of Africa in the south of the Sahara to be "negroland" then the map is pure imagination.

🤣Look, I think your level of intelligence is actually below that of a 10 year old.

People who argue like you are usually very uninformed and ignorant. The point remains that if the maker of the map can make untrue claims about several parts of Africa why would you base your argument about Benin on such a map? This is despite obvious and visible misrepresentations about the scope of the Benin empire!
And you call yourself smarter than a 12 year old kid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Stoplying: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
ElSudani:

People who argue like you are usually very uninformed and ignorant. The point remains that if the maker of the map can make untrue claims about several parts of Africa why would you base your argument about Benin on such a map? This is despite obvious and visible misrepresentations about the scope of the Benin empire!
And you call yourself smarter than a 12 year old kid.
So a region being called negroland is an "untrue claim" according to you ? How do you spell "foolish" ?
Is it so hard to understand that in 1747, Europeans referred to that region as "negroland" ?
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by ElSudani: 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

So a region being called negroland is an "untrue claim" according to you ? How do you spell "foolish" ?

I will never reply your insult so as not to derail this interesting conversation. Where in ancient or current history in known as Negroland in Africa? Negro means black if I should remind you. Which part of Africa was not Negroland?
It should be obvious to any smart 12 year old that this map was based on someone's imagination given what we know about own history in Africa and not a map made by a European who obviously did not venture beyond the coast of Africa at this particular time.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Stoplying: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
ElSudani:

I will never reply your insult so as not to derail this interesting conversation. Where in ancient or current history in known as Negroland in Africa? Negro means black if I should remind you. Which part of Africa was not Negroland?
It should be obvious to any smart 12 year old that this map was based on someone's imagination given what we know about own history in Africa and not a map made by a European who obviously did not venture beyond the coast of Africa at this particular time.

What the Europeans of that era meant by "negro" is not an information which is available to me. You should notice that "negro" is not an english word ! The fact that a document written in English uses that word should be enough to make you understand that they are not calling the region "negroland" as a way to suggest that all the black people of the continent live in that region.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that Europeans in 1747 referred to a region in Africa as "negroland" ? Why do you feel it has to mean that there is no black person outside of that region ?

Look, I'm not insulting you, I'm only putting a mirror in front of you. You are not smart at all.

And as usual you keep claiming things which you didn't witness, and you believe you know what happened in 1747 better than people who lived in 1747 and visited our region. I'm tired, f**ls give me headaches.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by ElSudani: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

What the Europeans of that era meant by "negro" is not an information which is available to me. You should notice that "negro" is not an english word ! The fact that a document written in English uses that word should be enough to make you understand that they are not calling the region "negroland" as a way to suggest that all the black people of the continent live in that region.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that Europeans in 1747 referred to a region in Africa as "negroland" ? Why do you feel it has to mean that there is no black person outside of that region ?

Look, I'm not insulting you, I'm only putting a mirror in front of you. You are not smart at all.

Once again I will ignore your insult, it's all about your intellect.
Now, let me educate you. What the Europeans of that era meant by "negro" is black and the meaning is still the same to this day.
What the maker of your map did not realize or didn't know at the time is that the whole continent was black. This is the only reason he would refer to one small section of the continent as Negroland.
We can excuse them for not having all the information but what about you?
Why are you arguing like you are still in 1747?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Stoplying: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
ElSudani:

Once again I will ignore your insult, it's all about your intellect.
Now, let me educate you. What the Europeans of that era meant by "negro" is black and the meaning is still the same to this day.
What the maker of your map did not realize or didn't know at the time is that the whole continent was black. This is the only reason he would refer to one small section of the continent as Negroland.
We can excuse them for not having all the information but what about you?
Why are you arguing like you are still in 1747?
So according to your logic, the Europeans of 1747 thought that all the black people in the continent lived in that region called negroland and they thought so because they had never "ventured beyond the coast" (from your previous comment).
But then why didn't the same Europeans put the coast into negroland ? Since they did visit the coast and knew the people in the costal region were black ?
You see how dumb your argument is ?

Again, I am telling you this not to insult you, but the reality is that your intellect is that of a child. You are really not smart at all.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by ElSudani: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

So according to your logic, the Europeans of 1747 thought that all the black people in the continent lived in that region called negroland and they thought so because they had never "ventured beyond the coast" (from your previous comment).
But then why didn't the same Europeans put the coast into negroland ? Since they did visit the coast and knew the people in the costal region were black ?
You see how dumb your argument is ?

Again, I am telling you this not to insult you, but the reality is that your intellect is that of a child. You are really not smart at all.

You over rate your ability think intelligently. Given what we know now and what your map says. Which part of your map can you say was the actual representation of what Africa was even in 1747?
I eagerly await your answer and whatever else you might want to garnish it with.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by bora1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Youngman, Republic of Benin on the map is not the same as Benin township. Even the Benin republic has a part of their history traced to Ife. There had been Ife Oòyèlagbò, the origin of daybreak (after creation of man) and the cradle of Yoruba race which was attacked by the Ugbo tribe. This war led to migration of some Ife aborigins to establish new town and settlement far and wide. The present day location, Ile-Ife is an expansion of Ife Oòyè after the tribal war was won. But what would you know? Even a tiny source like Ife can birth a large expanse like Benin republic, not to talk of Benin township.

Stoplying:

The way you guys are obsessed with Benin is incredible, what in hell links Benin to this event, yet you had to mention the Oba of Benin whose title your monarchs keep using fraudulently as if they have forgotten their own titles. You clearly lack understanding of history and seem to believe the current political structure in the land mass of Nigeria has always been in place.
Let me open your eyes a little, here is a Precolonial map of Africa, locate Benin on it, and look for Ife on it. That will tell you the difference in importance between Benin empire and Ife village !
Do you know how insulting it is to say that the king of a large sovereign country got his crown from a village head called Oni of Ife ?

Most of you guys don't understand that Benin Kingdom/empire was a country ! An independent country until it lost a war to the UK! What exactly was Ife if not a village !

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by AutomaticMotors: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ooni, speaking in Yoruba, said, “The crown presented today to Oba Sharafadeen Babalola is from the Geisi Ruling House, Ile-Ife. It is the grace I enjoy, being the king. The crown will bring peace, harmony and tranquility to Ijagbo.
AaĹźe wa!

Congratulations Kabiyesi, congratulations to the kingdom of Ijagbo.

This is how most Yoruba Alaiyeluwa and royalty that was started by an Ile Ife Prince like the Yoruba Oba of Benin royalty in Benin etc, got their crown from Ile Ife. Check my signature for free stuffs!

You are sick for mentioning OBA OF BENIN in that trash write up!! Uhundan!!! Uhagbeho!!
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Stoplying: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
bora1:
Youngman, Republic of Benin on the map is not the same as Benin township. Even the Benin republic has a part of their history traced to Ife. There had been Ife Oòyèlagbò, the origin of daybreak (after creation of man). There was Ife Oòyè the cradle of Yoruba race which was attacked by the Ugbo tribe. This war led to migration of some Ife aborigins to establish new town and settlement far and wide. The present day location, Ile-Ife is an expansion of Ife Oòyè. But what would you know? Even a tiny source like Ife can birth a large expanse like Benin republic, not to talk of Benin township.

I've already stated right here that Benin Republic didn't exist until 1970's. And the map says "kingdom of Benin" and you can clearly see Benin city (the capital of Benin kingdom) is within it !

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Kay25(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
We gradually reclaiming our land

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by FreeStuffsNG: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

Smh.

You really really really think you count? As you must have realized, the link ends at the royalty and nothing more. You are obviously not from the Benin royalty because of your crass use of words and definitely you are not and can never be Yoruba. You lack the character.

If you like insult from today till tomorrow, you are not a royalty and you are not from the Benin royalty. You are an outsider to royalty and Yoruba.

I will no longer reply you. Go to Benin and argue with the Oba who is a descendant of Oranmiyan, the progenitor of the Benin royalty. Those of you who are not from Benin royalty are subjects of the royalty the Yoruba gave Benin. We are not mates abeg wink

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by AutomaticMotors: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. You really really really think you count? As you must have realized, the link ends at the royalty and nothing more. You are obviously not from the Benin royalty because of your crass use of words and definitely you can not be Yoruba.
If you like insult from today till tomorrow, you are not a Benin royalty. You are an outsider to royalty and Yoruba. I will no longer reply you. Go to Benin and argue with the Oba who is a descendant of Oranmiyan who pioneered the Benin royalty.

Uhazara!!!! Keep your Ewedu mouth shut!! No one cares about your lies !! Ozour grin free stuffs mey you no see give your hungry family? Look at this inconsequential vermin talking about ppl that count you mey hunger wan Kee!!
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by 1stola: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
ideynl1:
The Kabiyesi will definitely report to the Emir of Ilorin.
He is not Eze Ndigbo, so he can't do that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by TheOgaBoss: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
ivolt:

The Oba wrote a complete fiction to deny the fact that every of his ancestor know to be true.
Since he wasn't brave enough to deny Ife totally he concocted the tale of a wanderer prince.
Ife had never claimed to be invincible and Modakeke issue is till an intra-ethnic issue.
BTW, how is Gelegele going?
How did the brave Benin lost it to the complete Ijaw strnagers?
Imagine fishermen took land from brave Benin and block its access to the sea.
which of the obas ancestors told u the story was true? the story written by the the oba has always been the correct version in benin, he just merely documented it for posterity. benin kingdom has not ancestral of blood relations with the cowards of ife. which land do benin loss to ijaws?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by ivolt: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
which of the obas ancestors told u the story was true? the story written by the the oba has always been the correct version in benin, he just merely documented it for posterity.
Nope, the Oba feeling embarrassed by his roots invented a fiction to feel superior.
I mean a prince fled his home due to "politics" and relinquish his birthright
and went to a strange land to reside and then be sought years after by those who exiled him.
Since you claimed he is a Benin prince, what kind of a coward run from his father's house?
How does that story really sound to you?

benin kingdom has not ancestral of blood relations with the cowards of ife. which land do benin loss to ijaws?
Ife had been donating princes to those who can govern themselves and kingdoms engulf
in political turmoil for centuries, Benin is just one of them.
You don't have to feel inferior because of that.
So, you a supoosed Benin defender don't know that Ijaws have taken over Gelegele as their territory
and banished the Oba representative?
I have been wasting my time with you thinking you know about Benin affairs.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Kingson28: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

The way you guys are obsessed with Benin is incredible, what in hell links Benin to this event, yet you had to mention the Oba of Benin whose title your monarchs keep using fraudulently as if they have forgotten their own titles. You clearly lack understanding of history and seem to believe the current political structure in the land mass of Nigeria has always been in place.
Let me open your eyes a little, here is a Precolonial map of Africa, locate Benin on it, and look for Ife on it. That will tell you the difference in importance between Benin empire and Ife village !
Do you know how insulting it is to say that the king of a large sovereign country got his crown from a village head called Oni of Ife ?

Most of you guys don't understand that Benin Kingdom/empire was a country ! An independent country until it lost a war to the UK! What exactly was Ife if not a village !

The Oni of Ife will forever rank higher than your Oba of Benin.
Why call your king Oba, when the word OBA is NOT a Benin word?
Why are there heads of some of Benin Kings buried at Ife?
It does not matter how wide or big your purported Benin Empire was.
Today, Benin, as a tribe or kingdom is uninfluential in Nigeria.
The Ijaw ethnic group ranks even higher than Benin.
In population and demography, Yoruba has the highest population in Nigeria.
Followed by the Hausas.
Next, are the Igbos.
Followed by the Ijaws.
Be humble, and stop relishing past history that has no basis in present day reality.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Kingson28: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Stoplying:

The Oni of Ife will forever rank higher than your Oba of Benin.
Why call your king Oba, when the word OBA is NOT a Benin word?
Why are there heads of some of Benin Kings buried at Ife?
It does not matter how wide or big your purported Benin Empire was.
Today, Benin, as a tribe or kingdom is uninfluential in Nigeria.
The Ijaw ethnic group ranks even higher than Benin.
In population and demography, Yoruba has the highest population in Nigeria.
Followed by the Hausas.
Next, are the Igbos.
Followed by the Ijaws.
Be humble, and stop relishing past history that has no present day reality.
Peace.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by loschivatos(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
HydraFeeds:
you failed to understand that Ife kingdom was a power block during the time of Oduduwa and Okanbi that gave birth to Oranmiyan that became the first Oba of Benin then passed it down to his son Eweka 1 .

These happened several years before British Invasion ,that Rome is a small country now does not mean it’s not one of the greatest empire ever witnessed in human history.

And the map you posted seems to be fake cos of the area kingdom of Benin covered even I couldn’t find Oyo empire that’s greater than Benin empire on the map not even the northern part of present day Nigeria.

@Bolded
So who begat Oduduwa?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by HydraFeeds(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
loschivatos:

@Bolded
So who begat Oduduwa?
there are many origins of Oduduwa and yes that includes Benin history version that he’s there lost/exiled prince but even going with that history Oranmiyan has Yoruba origin and started the Obaship in Benin kingdom .

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by loschivatos(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
HydraFeeds:
there are many origins of Oduduwa and yes that includes Benin history version that he’s there lost/exiled prince but even going with that history Oranmiyan has Yoruba origin and started the Obaship in Benin kingdom .

So we can agree that Oduduwa wasn't a Yoruba and the name Oduduwa wasn't his original name, a yoruba word or possibly a corrupted word.?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by HydraFeeds(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
loschivatos:

So we can agree that Oduduwa wasn't a Yoruba and the name Oduduwa wasn't his original name, a yoruba word or possibly a corrupted word.?
no ,don’t get me wrong !

One of the several proposed origin of Oduduwa is Ile -Ife . That he’s one of the descendants of the thirteen tribes that founded Ile Ife long ago .

Also ,Oduduwa in Yoruba meaning is “Odu to di Iwa” . Odu is Ifa corpus and Oranmiyan is “Oro(word) mi yan “
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
The capital of Benin empire was a Yoruba city of around 50k people and it was illegal to speak any language in the city other than Yoruba but Edo was maintained in the suburbs outside the palace walls. Edo was not spoken outside that area for thousands of years before colonisation but Yoruba is spoken up to Onitsha in the past while it is still spoken in Ugbodu Delta state today and these are evidences of Benin being a Yoruba empire with Yoruba lingua franca and other provincial languages like Edo. It was Edo people themselves that invited the Yoruba to be administering them according to the direction of their oracle. These Yorubas established towns and gave them Yoruba names like Ago onibode ie Agenebode a sentry post, also Ughotoun which is Ogotun the Yoruba city of Olodumare. Benin empire could not have been possible without the Yoruba language and this is not even debatable as the language still transcends that territory even today and all European records show Yoruba being spoken in the capital. Edo people entered the city when the empire fell and the bulk of the original Benin elite left the capital in large numbers according to an account I read. However today the Benin King is Edo and that is okay but arguing about something that can't be denied is not academic. The capital and the empire was Yoruba or was it Edo language that was being used as lingua franca? Which language was lingua franca? because Edo today can't be understood next door to Benin city. Albeit you can keep your narrative but it can be very annoying. It is illiteracy because the facts speak for itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Bolu004(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2023
No pictures?
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Felabarmudia: 5:54am On Aug 01, 2023
OVB123:
Indomie pikin. Spoted.

age is not wisdom...u can be old and still be foolish.
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Invitationn: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2023
MyExpression:
The Yorubas in Kwara are forging alliances with their ancestry.

Now that Jagaban is there, let them have a go at their autonomy from the caliphate and flourish like other Western states.

Stop saying what you don’t know.
There are many Obas in Kwara- especially, Kwara south, who has got nothing to do with the emir in Ilorin.
The Ilorin emirate influences no reach the Obas.
They don’t do things together-everybody dey their dey.
Albeit, during the military days, the Emir demanded the Obas to pay him homage but the military governor of Kwara then, gen Bamigboye said it won’t happen and it’s been that way since then.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by dinkyicon: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2023
Stoplying:

Is "Oba" his title ?
Why don't you call him by his title ? I bet you don't even know it. You guys need to stop pretending to know things you don't know.

There is a reason the monarch of Russia was called the Tsar and not the king, there is a reason the monarch of Germany was called the Kaiser and not the king ! You call monarchs by their title, that is why the oba of Benin is called the Oba ! You don't copy and paste culture. Use your own titles ! If you actually know them.
I'm from a royal lineage in oro town and I can authoritatively tell you that we don't report to the Emir. We are the Ìgbómìnàs with affinity with the oyo royalty. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by OVB123: 7:24am On Aug 01, 2023
Felabarmudia:

age is not wisdom...u can be old and still be foolish.
Look at this baby insulting his father's mate. I don't blame you.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by Oluwaseunomo: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2023
jeromestarks:
Horni of ife that doesn't respect himself. Always behaving like a child.
Imagine rising to shake hands with Pete edoche. Common Nollywood actor for that matter.
Shame on ooni abi na horni.
You're a big fool and how is that your headache. Focus on your failed life
Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by MyExpression(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2023
Invitationn:

Stop saying what you don’t know.
There are many Obas in Kwara- especially, Kwara south, who has got nothing to do with the emir in Ilorin.
The Ilorin emirate influences no reach the Obas.
They don’t do things together-everybody dey their dey.
Albeit, during the military days, the Emir demanded the Obas to pay him homage but the military governor of Kwara then, gen Bamigboye said it won’t happen and it’s been that way since then.

Thanks for the information.

Buh it seems crass, that we'd be running two parallel traditional stool in one state.

Kwara will not annex Ilorin to the caliphate.

Well, let everyone follow their cultural heritage and respect other people's culture...but it should be clear, who has the veto power, when conflict arises as a result of this parallel kings ruling different people in the same space.

Just like cosmopolitan Lagos...everyone knows there is only one Oba as far as lagos land mass is concerned.
The Oba is the highest trad stool in the land...no conflicts with another king

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by lawani: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2023
MyExpression:

Thanks for the information.

Buh it seems crass, that we'd be running two parallel traditional stool in one state.

Kwara will not annex Ilorin to the caliphate.

Well, let everyone follow their cultural heritage and respect other people's culture...but it should be clear, who has the veto power, when conflict arises as a result of this parallel kings ruling different people in the same space.

Just like cosmopolitan Lagos...everyone knows there is only one Oba as far as lagos land mass is concerned.
The Oba is the highest trad stool in the land...no conflicts with another king

It is because of the cumbersome state creation system. Ilorin is one state. Offa another state, Jebba, Bariba, Igbomina and etc. All have more population than many UN member sovereign states

1 Like

Re: Ooni Presents Crown To Oba Sharafadeen Babalola In Kwara by MyExpression(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2023
lawani:

It is because of the cumbersome state creation system. Ilorin is one state. Offa another state, Jebba, Bariba, Igbomina and etc. All have more population than many UN member sovereign states

Setting up a new state and council administration is very expensive.

Can Ilorin sustain herself in terms of resources et al?

Remember the backlash Tinubu got from Obasanjo when he increased Lagos state's LGAs

Aside that, are the indigenous Yoruba people of Ilorin willing to relinquish their rights to the Nupe people

Lands are owned by conquest or ancestral settlement.
The war is over. They have been well compensated.

Let the real owners of the land breathe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

High Chief, Fatai Olumegbon Is Dead / Locked Gate Of Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / Igbo Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.