Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges (65323 Views)

Full Transcript Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Acceptance Speech / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by AroOkigbo(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
mercy87:
Atleast he has addressed the people unlike our former president and he's aware of what his policies has done to the masses.
Peter Obi made him see the need.
PO's 3hrs on Twitter opened his eyes 👀
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by chidiokay: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
ThatCEO:
Talk dey sweet sha.

Let us agree on one thing. The current sufferings of Nigeria is not because of forex exchange but because of fuel hike.

So, if a person creates a fuel/energy crisis, the first thing I expect is for him to tackle that same crisis. Anything other than this makes d entire speech a hogwash.

Baba said he will dish out billions to businesses, release grains n fertilisers, but Baba made zero mention of how to deal with this fuel hike. D only thing he mentioned was about 3k CNG buses, but if I am able to access loan to buy a CNG bus, won't I be a compound fool if I don't charge my persengers like a normal fuel bus?

Is it that across all d appointees, there is no one with enough brain cells to tell him that "look, Baba, if we can't give these people a single refinery, n we can't subsidize fuel, but we hv d 12th largest gas reserve in the world, n those gases requires almost zero refining, why don't we shift these people to gas?"

I don't want subsidy back, but why has Baba not come out to tackle the fuel issue right at its source? Why are they running from CNG or even modular refinery?

Who are the people that own shares in Dangote refinery and why are they hell bent on forcing fuel on all of us, even tho we have gas. And exactly how many of those Dangote shareholders r currently in government?

I did the findings on CNG at Nipco. ₦4000 of CNG will power your 4 cylinder car for 150-160km. A 6 cylinder conversation costs almost 500k. If they place CNG conversion kit on list of items not liable to customs fees, the price will drop by up to 60% especially in places like Lagos. From here, they can now say, Oya go n convert your car at half the price, we will pay d other half.

But over their dead body will they make policies that will directly benefit us because their stinking fingers are all over the oil money of this country n they will do everything to ensure we all buy oil.

Nigeria does not have a fuel crisis issue, what we have are just leaders who will rather feast on our blood than make our lives easy cos their hands are deep in our common wealth.

Say whatever you like about Buhari, but Buhari had tasted some degree of poverty in his life at some point, n even tho he later lived in luxury as a president he still remembered that life is tough on the other side n didn't bring this sort of hardship on us at one fell swoop. These people have never spent their money on fuel since they started their political career n their convoy didn't reduce with fuel hike, u REALLY think they know what the price of fuel is? What we have now na, "may God help us."

Oga even you wubbled and fumbled from the beginning to the end
Nigerians are suffering becos we fail to do the "ideal things" as dictated by common sense
we are lazy dependant country that why forex and fuel hike always have Tsuami effect on the people.

For a country that has no reliable database or system there is no way the govt can reach the people directly and you gave an instance of CNG tank being subsidized for car owners ... but you forget who Nigerians are,
One thing is very certain, no matter how willing & sincere the govt is to do it, the intermediary channel will hijack and subvert it ... they will turn it to man know man or they start asking people to bribe there way through

One of the topmost challenge of these administration is there as never being any reliable intermediary channel or system in place to reach the people before One god forsaken Nigerian will turn it to profit making ventures to enrich himself

we need a system/database, anything from govt outside that is bonaza to some rogues

3 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by AroOkigbo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
ElSudani:
One trillion naira saved in a couple of months!
Where is it?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Thomasankara(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
[/color]words if knowledge[color=#770077]
ThatCEO:
Talk dey sweet sha.

Let us agree on one thing. The current sufferings of Nigeria is not because of forex exchange but because of fuel hike.

So, if a person creates a fuel/energy crisis, the first thing I expect is for him to tackle that same crisis. Anything other than this makes d entire speech a hogwash.

Baba said he will dish out billions to businesses, release grains n fertilisers, but Baba made zero mention of how to deal with this fuel hike. D only thing he mentioned was about 3k CNG buses, but if I am able to access loan to buy a CNG bus, won't I be a compound fool if I don't charge my persengers like a normal fuel bus?

Is it that across all d appointees, there is no one with enough brain cells to tell him that "look, Baba, if we can't give these people a single refinery, n we can't subsidize fuel, but we hv d 12th largest gas reserve in the world, n those gases requires almost zero refining, why don't we shift these people to gas?"

I don't want subsidy back, but why has Baba not come out to tackle the fuel issue right at its source? Why are they running from CNG or even modular refinery?

Who are the people that own shares in Dangote refinery and why are they hell bent on forcing fuel on all of us, even tho we have gas. And exactly how many of those Dangote shareholders r currently in government?

I did the findings on CNG at Nipco. ₦4000 of CNG will power your 4 cylinder car for 150-160km. A 6 cylinder conversation costs almost 500k. If they place CNG conversion kit on list of items not liable to customs fees, the price will drop by up to 60% especially in places like Lagos. From here, they can now say, Oya go n convert your car at half the price, we will pay d other half.

But over their dead body will they make policies that will directly benefit us because their stinking fingers are all over the oil money of this country n they will do everything to ensure we all buy oil.

Nigeria does not have a fuel crisis issue, what we have are just leaders who will rather feast on our blood than make our lives easy cos their hands are deep in our common wealth.

Say whatever you like about Buhari, but Buhari had tasted some degree of poverty in his life at some point, n even tho he later lived in luxury as a president he still remembered that life is tough on the other side n didn't bring this sort of hardship on us at one fell swoop. These people have never spent their money on fuel since they started their political career n their convoy didn't reduce with fuel hike, u REALLY think they know what the price of fuel is? What we have now na, "may God help us."

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by frog12: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
get wetin?

isArray:
Do you get?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by UnfairLife7(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dittodat:

Dumbest retard, worry about which one you will take advantage of, and stop wailing like a lunatic all over the place.
There's no free money anywhere, not even here in the good old USA. You got to work for your money with your brain or physical ability.
Ain't nothing FREE bro.
BYE
your people will still go and buy rice on credit at Ebuka shop grin

Hunger don finish your people grin grin

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by WorldRichest: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
Rayban25:
tongue

lying and rigging machine. all audio. no implementation.

A failure and more.

APC media are even bigger failures that cant even help him do damage control.

Your father who is not a failure, tell us about his life achievements
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Lovenorth: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
Useless speech
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by obinna58(m): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
Government looking for businesses they can loan money sounds very stupid, why is government owned businesses not working?
He’s just talking about sharing formula, fighting corruption to do same corruption in a different format

Work on electricity
Put effort and work force in government owned facilities
Focus on creation of employment
Direct money massively on agriculture
Show transparency to the citizens so we know where we’re losing money and patch it up
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Fashionista01(f): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
happney65:
Subsidy money that could have been better spent on bettering your lot has been funnelled into the pockets of a select few but since I am too cowardly to address these few, the rest of the 200m of you have to suffer.

A correct interpretation of Bubala's tonight's speech.
He is afraid to address the selected from embezzling the subsidy money but prefer to remove the subsidy for the poor masses to suffer.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by God2man2again(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
when? Next year? He is buying time, shifting goal post

Whatever happens, for Nigeria to get out of the economic quagmire and comatose we find ourselves, we need more than this to get out, a destroyed economy needs a desperate and courageous measure to salvage.

Nothing good comes easy.

PBAT said he is ready to fight back.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Lekan239(m): 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
mrvitalis:
Sad really sad same mistake Buhari made
Same mistake..

Government has no business giving out loans to people that can't work corruption would eat 80% of it... I don't know why they keep doing this maybe they actually want to eat from it

You want to spend 50 billion do cultivate rice? Fine... Make this money available to banks at say 3% interest rate Banks loan this money to rice farmers at 10% ... Bank has to make sure the loan get to the right people to make their own profit

Banks know the real rice farmers

What is so difficult here... Why must u leave room for people to steal why?
like the bankers won't share the money amongst themselves too abi. Seems u have forgotten we are Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Kayyy: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=obi58 post=124792452][/quote]

So after the previous government budgeted around 3.5 trillion in subsidy just for Jan-June and were shooting our debts up to 77trillion naira,You will in your first month budget another round of trillions on subsidy, while servicing more debts, where will you get the money you claim you want to spend on your other programmes when you have used your initiative to reduce your earnings by using it to service further debts ? Also I guess you will still use your earnings and further loans to continue to defend the naira/dollar exchange rate ? And before You know it in 3-4 months if you in office our debts have moved from 77 trillion to over 85 trillion without any functional project on ground. And these are the people insulting Buhari , Jonathan, Tinubu etc ? When online you go find out say majority of these critics will crumble this country faster than the people they love to insult.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by infogeneral: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mr President, why can't our refineries work?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Lekan239(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

Give the money to banks oga at a lower interest let th re loan the money to the sector u want... How difficult is that?
abi u be banker ni.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Web2020: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
In every crisis, there are what are called immediate and long-term Solutions. I do not know what is the immediate or even the long terms solutions to this present economic crisis. The only solution I have noticed is that Tinubu is begging Nigerians to endure the suffering for more sometime. This crisis has no end in sight,

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by ElSudani: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
AroOkigbo:

Where is it?

Did you read the speech? Where did you imagine all the money he proposed to spend would come from?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by mrvitalis(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lekan239:
like the bankers won't share the money amongst themselves too abi. Seems u have forgotten we are Nigerians
Why would they share a loan they got and agreement they signed... You are used to incompetence doesn't mean it's norm
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ozommadu:

Stop defending rubbish, speech without action is tantamount to rubbish...just two months in office and Nigerians are seeing hell while tinubu and his cronies share billions to themselves.

People are already protesting in oyo and osun state but you're here disgracing yourself

I have never experienced this much action from a Nigerian govt,even though its hard on its citizen
The good thing is he is still coming out to update like carrying us along.

Lets give him sometime and hope for a better Nigeria
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Atarakpa: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mr president thank you. You have spoken well, but you forget to Assure us lol
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Lekan239(m): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

Why would they share a loan they got and agreement they signed... You are used to incompetence doesn't mean it's norm
they there na. Even oga pata pata of CBN is facing corruption allegations right now. When head is corrupt wetin remain for body
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by rbjimoh: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
ganisucks:
20 mins of thoughtless, directionless, clueless hogwash pushed out by people who have no idea how to manage expectations. These people are a joke.

Please, hug any PHCN transformer you could find in your area, he get why.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
DenreleDave:
.. Do you fully trust bank with nigerians?

Honestly I don't even trust Bankers
Sad
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
God2man2again:

Whatever happens, for Nigeria to get out of the economic quagmire we find ourselves, we need more than this to get out, a destroyed economy needs a desperate and courageous measure to salvage.

Nothing good comes easy.

PBAT said he is ready to fight back.
Are you sure he is not working with them?
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Quebec91(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mtcheewww! undecided
olatade:
President Ahmed Bola Tinubu had made my evening. His address to the nation today and which he just concluded now,shows statesmanship and the preparedness of someone who is very ready and purposeful to work. More than never before,I have never be so convinced in the speech of any politician like this speech I just listened to from his excellency,president Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

He had shown a mastery of the economy and a thorough understanding of what he wants to do to get the nation out of the economic mess that it found itself. I think I am beginning to have hope renaissance and I pray that he derail not.

May God help him.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Pacesetter123(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mr President, you said you have saved in this few months over a trillion naira from fuel subsidy.
Use it and start work in the refineries.
Leave all this talk about loan facility to small and medium enterprise and palliative to the poor of the poorest, it's all an avenues for further stealing and enrichment of the same privileged few that benefited from the subsidy regime and the paddy paddies in corridor of power.
None will get to the poor.
You can't sit in Abuja and the know the poor household in my village.
Make refineries work for local fuel production and economy will improve on its own.

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by mrvitalis(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lekan239:
they there na. Even oga pata pata of CBN is facing corruption allegations right now. When head is corrupt wetin remain for body
Corruption not loan
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lomprico(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
I hear say na campaign he campaign undecided
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by nonhuman(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Curse777:

It's a form of social welfare to kick start the economy
most of you have nothing upstairs,
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by 12inchess: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
House of Assembly need to suffer as well. Not only masses everytime.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Curse777: 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=nonhuman post=124793208] most of you have nothing upstairs, [/quote

Your mother that didn't raise you on public decorum and turned you into a nuisance is who I blame, not you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive / Southern Kaduna Attacks: Women Protest Naked Over Incessant Killings (Photos) / Abba Kyari, Obi Cubana Attend IGP Alkali Son’s Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.