Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges (65372 Views)

Full Transcript Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Acceptance Speech / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by abibun: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
With No 35, one can tell that this government will be full of lies. Subsidy removal is not up to a month now and his talking of saving trillions from two months of subsidy removal
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by ejimatic: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lexy2014: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Great! This is a listening President who understands the pain points of patriotic Nigerians.

We will support you Mr President. We believe you and will not stop praying for your success. Our hope is once again renewed. Thank you Mr President. God bless you. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

I thought Tinubu hit the ground running? What's happening?

Isn't it obvious by the day that Tinubu wasn't prepared for this office?

You guys thought it's all about hype
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Chuknovski(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
ThatCEO:
Talk dey sweet sha.

Let us agree on one thing. The current sufferings of Nigeria is not because of forex exchange but because of fuel hike.

So, if a person creates a fuel/energy crisis, the first thing I expect is for him to tackle that same crisis. Anything other than this makes d entire speech a hogwash.

Baba said he will dish out billions to businesses, release grains n fertilisers, but Baba made zero mention of how to deal with this fuel hike. D only thing he mentioned was about 3k CNG buses, but if I am able to access loan to buy a CNG bus, won't I be a compound fool if I don't charge my persengers like a normal fuel bus?

Is it that across all d appointees, there is no one with enough brain cells to tell him that "look, Baba, if we can't give these people a single refinery, n we can't subsidize fuel, but we hv d 12th largest gas reserve in the world, n those gases requires almost zero refining, why don't we shift these people to gas?"

I don't want subsidy back, but why has Baba not come out to tackle the fuel issue right at its source? Why are they running from CNG or even modular refinery?

Who are the people that own shares in Dangote refinery and why are they hell bent on forcing fuel on all of us, even tho we have gas. And exactly how many of those Dangote shareholders r currently in government?

I did the findings on CNG at Nipco. ₦4000 of CNG will power your 4 cylinder car for 150-160km. A 6 cylinder conversation costs almost 500k. If they place CNG conversion kit on list of items not liable to customs fees, the price will drop by up to 60% especially in places like Lagos. From here, they can now say, Oya go n convert your car at half the price, we will pay d other half.

But over their dead body will they make policies that will directly benefit us because their stinking fingers are all over the oil money of this country n they will do everything to ensure we all buy oil.

Nigeria does not have a fuel crisis issue, what we have are just leaders who will rather feast on our blood than make our lives easy cos their hands are deep in our common wealth.

Say whatever you like about Buhari, but Buhari had tasted some degree of poverty in his life at some point, n even tho he later lived in luxury as a president he still remembered that life is tough on the other side n didn't bring this sort of hardship on us at one fell swoop. These people have never spent their money on fuel since they started their political career n their convoy didn't reduce with fuel hike, u REALLY think they know what the price of fuel is? What we have now na, "may God help us."

You have noted brilliant observations, I feel the same way too, but unfortunately this people are deaf, they won't listen, and Nigerians are not really ready to take the bull by its horn
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Uchedizzy(f): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Too long to read
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
32. Fellow Nigerians, this period may be hard on us and there is no doubt about it that it is tough on us. But I urge you all to look beyond the present temporary pains and aim at the larger picture. All of our good and helpful plans are in the works. More importantly, I know that they will work.

33. Sadly, there was an unavoidable lag between subsidy removal and these plans coming fully online. However, we are swiftly closing the time gap. I plead with you to please have faith in our ability to deliver and in our concern for your well-being.

34. We will get out of this turbulence. And, due to the measures we have taken, Nigeria will be better equipped and able to take advantage of the future that awaits her.

35. In a little over two months, we have saved over a trillion Naira that would have been squandered on the unproductive fuel subsidy which only benefitted smugglers and fraudsters. That money will now be used more directly and more beneficially for you and your families.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin grin

Uchedizzy:
Too long to read
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by President2001(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tribunal should do the needful
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by XAUBulls: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/full-speech-tinubus-speech-on-current-economic-challenges/
Point #35... A stellar speech!

CNG-fueled vehicles too are way to go.
#100 per kg of CNG auto gas.

This speech removed the annoying uncertainties for a lot of folks and investors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Mrniceguy001: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Last week, the government of one of the European countries I'm currently in issued a personalized shopping card to its citizenry, contained in that card is about 400k in Nigerian Naira for them to do solely shopping for food! And it doesn't stop there — it's going to come like that for one year.

That's not salary oh... Just part of the many benefits they enjoy.

Now that's a country that works.

May God punish African leaders.... All they know is how to elongate their tenures, steal mandates and loot.

God bless Thomas Sankara and J.K Rawlings

Tinubu is a wide-eyed Thief.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
abibun:
With No 35, one can tell that this government will be full of lies. Subsidy removal is not up to a month now and his talking of saving trillions from two months of subsidy removal
Where did you see "trillions"? grin
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lexy2014: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Curse777:

Let me measure your Administrative ability as a human

Let's say you become The President today

1: No Subsidy in 2022/2023 budget
2: inflation is going up
3: your next budget is after fully setting up all commitee of National Assembly

What will you do?!

Give an insight

What has administrative ability" got to do with the 3 issues you raised?

1. Why is there no subsidy in budget 2022/2023?

2. What and who is making inflation go up?

3. Who is setting up committee in the national assembly and what has that got do with the next budget?

4. I thought Tinubu hit the ground running?

Is he no longer hitting the ground running?

Has reality set in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Emola12(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mr President you made a mistake sir for that number3 line,, are you not the one that headed the protesters in 2012 when GEJ wanted to remove the subsidy Dis people think maybe they can fool everybody except me! Awon oloriburuku eda eyan jatijati oshi alaini lakaye
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dullard-in-chief of Nairaland don come again grin

lexy2014:

3. Who is setting up committee in the national assembly and what has that got do with the next budget?

Has reality set in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by TheGift: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/full-speech-tinubus-speech-on-current-economic-challenges/
Can someone please summarize? Cos just as I did not care to watch the speech , I do not care to read it.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by viodemus: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
useless speech. No wisdom in it.
A speech that reduces intelligent cells in the brain, is that a speech?

What can a fraudulent tribalist criminal offer anyone not in his line of corruption work. Tribalist criminal better warn Asari, when igbos start retaliating- no say signal been no dey.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by bionixs: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lanre4uonly:
It is well.
Though, i was expecting Mr. President to talk about his plan(s) for our delapidated refineries but he didn't.
Anyway, we shall overcome this situation.
you are not overcoming anything
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by benjaminlawson(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
jmoore:
SURE P Version 2.0

It is stupidity to claim that only a select few benefitted from subsidy, at the same time you still acknowledge that Nigerians are suffering from subsidy removal.

If only select few gained from subsidy, why are you talking about palliative? Common sense should have told you the poor also gained from subsidy, that's why they are suffocating now that it has been removed.

Am on the same page with you on this. My appeal to me. President is that those few that scammed us on subsidy, should be arrested and charge to court until every naira they stole is collected back, because more than 200 million Nigerians are suffering because of their wicked act, mr. president cannot tell Nigerians that we should endure without making these people suffer for their corrupt act. There is no solution even in all what mr President said yet, because all those people that stole our trillions of naira in subsidy, are there to steal all the billions naira mr president is planning to be used as palliatives, will still go into their pocket, while the real beneficiary will still languishing in their poverty. The first solution for any sincere Nigeria leader in tackling our problem is to first fight corruption, if this is done, 50% of Nigerian's problems will be solved. Mr president first tackle corruption before any other thing, and reclaim our money in trillions of naira back.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by WorkaholicB(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
ogododo:

It is not by mentioning billions billion at the end of the day the monies will enter inside the pocket of few elites and politicians. The truth is that, I have lost hope on Nigeria. If I get a passport and travel I will just japa. Nigerian politicians and promises don't ever yield fruit.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by EngGandalf: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
ganisucks:
20 mins of thoughtless, directionless, clueless hogwash pushed out by people who have no idea how to manage expectations. These people are a joke.
Baba e sure for me.. you’re either a troll, or u b olodo for real life… u no fit sabi anything! E sure me die. You lack everything and anything called innovation. What have you managed? Tell us. It’s okay to boast…. We will praise you.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Gokuuu(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
" for many yrs he maintained that subsidy had to go"
Like this people think we are stupid in this country.
Is he not the same guy with buhari that sponsored protest against Jonathan in 2012 against subsidy removal? Like wtf
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
Let me read Oby Ezekwesili's take on oil subsidy again.

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by eteba(m): 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
I didn't read anything on plans to resurrect our refineries......abi my eye dey pain me.
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Shikena:
32. Fellow Nigerians, this period may be hard on us and there is no doubt about it that it is tough on us. But I urge you all to look beyond the present temporary pains and aim at the larger picture. All of our good and helpful plans are in the works. More importantly, I know that they will work.

33. Sadly, there was an unavoidable lag between subsidy removal and these plans coming fully online. However, we are swiftly closing the time gap. I plead with you to please have faith in our ability to deliver and in our concern for your well-being.

34. We will get out of this turbulence. And, due to the measures we have taken, Nigeria will be better equipped and able to take advantage of the future that awaits her.

35. In a little over two months, we have saved over a trillion Naira that would have been squandered on the unproductive fuel subsidy which only benefitted smugglers and fraudsters. That money will now be used more directly and more beneficially for you and your families.

32. Why is it only hardship that APC has to offer despite all the noise it makes during campaigns?

Kindly see the screenshots as buhari and osinbajo were giving hardship to Nigerians from all angles?

Is Tinubu going thru the pains and suffering he is expecting nigerians to go thru despite 8years of suffering and hardship under buhari/APC?

What are the "good and helpful plans" that are in the works? Are u sure Tinubu is ready to do this job?

33. What benefit did nigerians benefit from the removal of subsisdy from diesel and kerosene?

34. Tinubu didn't state how nigeria will get out of the turbulence he has created. How will Nigeria get out of the turbulence?

35. Tinubu claims that "In a little over two months, we have saved over a trillion Naira that would have been squandered on the unproductive fuel subsidy which only benefitted smugglers and fraudsters."

Why then did he collect loan of $800m that he wanted to share as 8k for nigerians?

Who are these smugglers and fraudsters Tinubu is referring to?

Why didn't he identify them and arrest them?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by DenreleDave(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

Sad

That's just the thing.... Bankers are not to be trusted with the welfare of this nations...

Fellow Nigerians that are opportuned to be heads in banking sector will mismanage the funds and the less privilege will curse the govt..

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by teepain: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
rickleye:
mm

Great first step !
Allowing us know his thought process.

Next steps are duration of implementing.
One could have worked in reverse - which was leave the subsidy until a replacement plan was in place .
It’s like you going to a doctor needing stitches, the idea thing would be to have fresh stitching available, not remove the old ones and then looking around for new stitches.

Didn’t vote for the dude but all this is gonna take 2-4years to implement

Well someone else may argue that when a patient is hemorrhaging the first thing to do is to stop the haemorrhage before additional interventions. If one likens the removed subsidy to the loss of blood, the speed of implementation may be justified. Only one who is privy to the accounting books of the country will be able to tell how bad things are. Of course, we all should have an idea that this economy has been near comatose since around 2013 when Okonjo revealed that FG was borrowing to pay civil servants. Subsidy ought to have gone since Jonathan proposed it in 2012 but it is better late than never. The other thing that needs attention is the cost of governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Shikena(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
That's why we need you in Abuja to ask those questions as a honorable member of the national assembly but unfortunately you are not even credible enough to win any election in your own family house grin

lexy2014:

32. Why is it only hardship that APC has to offer despite all the noise it makes during campaigns?

Kindly see the screenshots as buhari and osinbajo were giving hardship to Nigerians from all angles?

Is Tinubu going thru the pains and suffering he is expecting nigerians to go thru despite 8years of suffering and hardship under buhari/APC?

What are the "good and helpful plans" that are in the works? Are u sure Tinubu is ready to do this job?

33. What benefit did nigerians benefit from the removal of subsisdy from diesel and kerosene?

34. Tinubu didn't state how nigeria will get out of the turbulence he has created. How will Nigeria get out of the turbulence?

35. Tinubu claims that "In a little over two months, we have saved over a trillion Naira that would have been squandered on the unproductive fuel subsidy which only benefitted smugglers and fraudsters."

Why then did he collect loan of $800m that he wanted to share as 8k for nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by HeavenShield: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Another Clueless, dishonest, insensitive govt.
Poor!!
Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by Gbogbowa: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lanre4uonly:
It is well.
Though, i was expecting Mr. President to talk about his plan(s) for our delapidated refineries but he didn't.
Anyway, we shall overcome this situation.
I was really disappointed so fuel will remain high and maybe even go up since no hope on our refinery .he saved over 1 trillion from subsidy in 2 months but want to cushion the effect of subsidy by investing 500b in 10months does that make sense?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
Shikena:
Dullard-in-chief of Nairaland don come again grin

Am actually learning from u cos I noticed that you didn't answer the question.

Re: Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges by lexy2014: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Shikena:
That's why we need you in Abuja to ask those questions as a honorable member of the national assembly but unfortunately you are not even credible enough to win any election in your own family house grin

I am relying on your world wide credibility hence my questions to you. Pls dont disappoint us by dodging the questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

JUNE 12: I Go Fire You – Police Officer Threatens To Shoot Journalists In Lagos / Eko Youth Walk: Seyi Tinubu, Saheed Balogun, Pasuma, 9ice and others (Photos) / 130,000 People Unfollow Mbaka After Peter Obi Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.