Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? (14736 Views)

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? / My fiancée is cheating again / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by nextstep(m): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
I think Christianity brought about cheating. Cheating is a term used to describe having sexual relationship outside of a defined union.

Naturally, women prefer sexual exclusivity with a man who is capable of taking care of her financially. They don't practice sexuall exclusivity with poor man. On the other hand, poor men practice sexual exclusivity while rich men don't like sexual exclusivity. It is evidently clear by this analysis that women originated the term cheating.

If I'm broke as a man, my women would prefer to sleep around with men who are more financially stable than I'm, then what gives her the right to prevent me from sleeping with more women when/if I have the means to do that?

This is nature, there is nothing like cheating. Women call it cheating because they don't want men to practice polygamy. In reality, every man wants polygamy, it is the women folk who want monogamy because they want to monopolies the resources a man has all to themselves.

Here is the analogy, A woman would want a man who is worth 100 million dollars because she knows the whole money would be spent on her and that translates to a good life. On the other hand, if a man is worth 100 million dollars and he has 4 wives, automatically, each wife may only be entitled to 25 million dollars and that is less that what each of them would get if they are the sole wife. Separate a man from his wealth and women would care less how many concubines or wives the man decides to marry.

Shalom

This is one of the more eloquent responses on this thread that clearly explains the underlying reason for polygamy, and why it's seen in a bad light by those it doesn't favor.

I was stating that basically those with the financial means will make the rules about who can "cheat" - or be in poly-amorous relationships; and that it would be hard for most women to gain that advantage. Some character just bleated out "wrong!" in a kneejerk response, so I'm glad to see some people can still put their thoughts to words sensibly.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by movid(m): 3:42am On Aug 02, 2023
Not all men cheat. Some men do that at times 'cos of home.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Kipaji: 4:27am On Aug 02, 2023
meobizy:
Eighteen years of Nairaland. No growth. This same question every six months. SMH.

Your comment caught my attention. Why do you think there hasn't been any growth?
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by lordnkem000(m): 4:56am On Aug 02, 2023
talented321:
1. He house u
2. He paid ur pride price
3. He feed's u
4. He pay all bills
5. He feed the children
6. He pays the children's school fees.
7. When your mother/father dies he is the one to spend money also when his mother/father dies he is the still the one to make all expenses
8. He walk all day to make sure u and the kids live a better life.
9. He sells his happiness for the family
10. He will be only regard as man when he produces something' but you as a woman can go into marriage without nothing
11. He know the worst u can do is to leave his house.
12. I don't like cheating but there is a different between cheating in men and cheating in woman'' the earlier u accept it the better for u
Modified :when a woman cheat it is a shame to the husband and his/her family'' while when a man cheat it is normal in the eyes of land.
A woman can become pregnant where as a man can't
13. WITH MY HANDSOME WEED'' WHILE LUCKY DUBE KEEP THE VIBE CALLED '' IT IS NOT EASY''' GOING
Bros I jus love u abeg, see as u just meticulously arrange am tell her, u be man o
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by meobizy(f): 4:59am On Aug 02, 2023
Kipaji:

Your comment caught my attention. Why do you think there hasn't been any growth?
Spend four years here and you will understand.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by adebayo987: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2023
Charx122:

Don't you think you females will do the same if you did all that? 😀 Even without doing any of these thing men do for our family una still dey look for where to blow una puna
Na you be females! I am a proud father and I will be the first in Nigeria that won't collect a dime on the heads of my two beautiful daughters. Nothing like traditional marriage. It's straight to court and the alter of God. Finish! I've already called a meeting in my family, approached my chiefs and relatives to address the issue. I made it very clear that I'm agitating for gender equality. So, that's my personal decision. I didn't bring my daughters into this world to mortgage them to some men. I've written my will and the four of them (2 males & 2 females) all share my properties totally equal. Watch out, my story will go viral once my daughters get married.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Tzar(m): 7:39am On Aug 02, 2023
Well, it is because men have a primal, evolutionary and innate NEED to spread their genes / increase the chances of the continuity of their genes. This need pushes them to mate with several females to increase the odds and vary the genetic mix of their offsprings. This need is ingrained in our lizard brain and cannot be controlled in spite of what modernity wants to have us believe. Only recently did modern humans make mating recreational. At an evolutionary level human mated to procreate and create continuity in existence. This does not eliminate that prehistoric and genetic part of males to want to spread and increase the chances of the survival and continuity of their genes. If not for great leaps in modern medicine and human well being, to survive, it makes sense to sow your wild oats everywhere. But today to make the gene pool of your offsprings rich, you should mate with different females from various backgrounds.
Also note that men and women are not the same. Our fat, chromosome, bone density, lung capacity, hormonal mix and many other things make us different.
Therefore, men and women don’t rationalize things the same way. This is why women can never understand why men think this way. Just like men can’t understand why women think in some ways.
blessingnenye:
Why Is Cheating Considered Normal In Men? But For A Woman, Hell Will Let Loose?
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by adebayo987: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2023
Timetravel88:

This is also the reason why marriage numbers has significantly dropped in the west. Men are no longer interested because it offers them no benefit, they'll rather have kids outside the umbrella of marriage. This has invariably caused a conundrum for the women as their numbers as single, lonely and above age 40 is now at an all time high.
Those women are happy that way. Most of them get married to younger African or foreign men because they need someone to assist them in doing chores and running errands due to their age. Everyone came into this world alone and will go back alone. Marriage is not an achievement as no one will award you for getting married. One gets married to either have children, get sexually satisfied, or to get a companion. It's here in Africa that we see marriage as a big achievement and people who hasn't gotten married are failures or the likes. Lmao! Really African mentality.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Freemasonry: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2023
I think it's more prevalent in Africa due to our age-long traditions of patriarchy and polygamy.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by sihamey: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2023
That the definition of “THIS IS MENS WORLD “ if only you understand that phrase
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Charx122: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2023
adebayo987:
Na you be females! I am a proud father and I will be the first in Nigeria that won't collect a dime on the heads of my two beautiful daughters. Nothing like traditional marriage. It's straight to court and the alter of God. Finish! I've already called a meeting in my family, approached my chiefs and relatives to address the issue. I made it very clear that I'm agitating for gender equality. So, that's my personal decision. I didn't bring my daughters into this world to mortgage them to some men. I've written my will and the four of them (2 males & 2 females) all share my properties totally equal. Watch out, my story will go viral once my daughters get married.

Good for you sir! Amen o! I hope I will be invited for this occasion.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by foronye: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn! Naturally men are considered providers. So therefore if a man can provide for you, what makes you think he shouldn't provide for others to get what he wants? If you claim because he cheats you too wants to cheat, then Madam become a provider yourself and take care of yourself by yourself. Pay your bills, house rent, data sub and do everything yourself with your own money.

QUICK ONE

OP, A man can marry a poor girl from a poor home but a poor girl can't marry a poor guy, why is this so?

If you can answer this then you've gotten the answers as to why men cheat

Apart from the above, man is a seed (Children) owner, he can decide to share seed with a woman or women as the original God's commandment of multiplication of seed (Children) was given to him. Remember the Ribs of woman was taken from man to create woman. Naturally, woman is limited while man is not - study monthly woman flow and aging diminishing theory at 50 woman is gone but man can start.
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Bigseven(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
This is way beyond making comments here. A single person cheats for fantasies but in marriage is way bigger than what one can comprehend. So let’s just say married people cheat because of different reasons. Some their wife’s hidden habits which they didn’t know about during courtship, others are influenced by friends as a norm, some lack peace within themselves. But all these are not justifiable because las las there’s a price you pay. So let’s try not to cheat on em. 😆
Re: Why Is Cheating Considered Normal For Men? by Timetravel88: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
adebayo987:
Those women are happy that way. Most of them get married to younger African or foreign men because they need someone to assist them in doing chores and running errands due to their age. Everyone came into this world alone and will go back alone. Marriage is not an achievement as no one will award you for getting married. One gets married to either have children, get sexually satisfied, or to get a companion. It's here in Africa that we see marriage as a big achievement and people who hasn't gotten married are failures or the likes. Lmao! Really African mentality.

As we get older we crave companionship, that is one of the satisfaction derived from marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Saw This Girl's Pic On Facebook and I Became Dazed / Hairy Men Are So Unattractive / I Forfeited My 43m Naijabet Winning Just To Fvck Her(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.